It glides on similarly to the Kosas deodorant, and also uses a combination of AHAs, as well as niacinamide, to fight odor and minimize unsightly razor burn or bumps. This is the first aluminum-free deodorant that has actually worked for me. Learn more about, How to Apply: Be patient with the rollerball, The Results: Impressive, even through intense workouts. Ooh, New GiftsGet a free Mini Air Brow Clear with orders $70+ & a free Kosas Puffer Makeup Bag with orders $115+, Were available by phone (310-878-0712) and chat Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.5 p.m. PT, Clean Foundation + Skincare Treatment + SPF, Full-Size Concealer + Setting Powder + Plumping Lip Gloss. I have tried all the other natural deodorants - native, tom's, drunk elephant, even european wax center's deodorant? And I know full well I can stink pretty bad. (well, I mean, thank you for ALL the posts!, but thank you for this specifically) I ordered Scullys! The scent isn't anything special nor does it smell like how it's described ("serene clean") but it's a mild scent and smells ok. Only thing I recommend is to not apply it directly after shaving! will have to try one of them out, Wow never heard of these before! The acid combo that Kosas found works best is Shikimic, mandelic, and lactic. While there are plenty of great options out there, keep in mind that not every natural deodorant will work for every person; you body chemistry just might not work with certain formulas, but dont despair, as with some trial and error, youll find the right natural deodorant. Its still a good product. Megababe now offers an array of other deodorant formulas, but I usually find myself returning to Rosy Pits, one of my favorite tried and true options. Normal or clinical strength? This stuff is AMAZING! Ive been using acid deodorant for several years now, and you know what the best one is? Tinted Face Oil Foundation 08 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 01 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 7.5 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 06 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 8.7 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 3.5 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 09 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 5.5 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 8.2 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 03 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 07 (2020 formulation), Tinted Face Oil Foundation 04 (2020 formulation). 2 I feel you Ive tried all of those, too! The Stripe is a lifestyle blog for the stylish bookworm. Kosasport Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant ($15) This one was my least favorite, which bummed me out as I was probably most excited about it. On the downside, when you first apply the deodorant, it feels sticky until it dries. Kosas Cloud Set Baked Setting & Smoothing Talc-Free Vegan Powder 10 Colors. Stress can also be a surprising cause of your deodorant fails. So, while your deodorant may not exactly be to blame in this case, its helpful to be aware of how stress hormones can affect the performance of your deodorant. Highlighted Ingredients: - AHA Blend: Deodorizes, exfoliates, improves skin's moisture, and addresses visible dullness and discoloration. Lol normally I meet with a running group every week and not sure if these would last over 8 miles. That unique relationship between you, and you. The brightening aspect is especially ideal if, like me, you struggle with hyperpigmentation from shaving under your arms. We put the Kosasport Chemistry Deodorant to the test after receiving a complimentary sample from the brand. Learn more Consider a similar item Amazon's Choice I had been using a Megababe deodorant (which I truly do love) but once it started getting really hot out, it just wasnt cutting it for me unfortunately. Bottom line: Barring the apocalypse, this is a **product I can't live without anymore**. Everyone is different, so some will see results right away and some pits need a bit time to detox and adapt to the new environment, she explains, recommending about five days or so to see full benefits. If ur acne is as severe as mine, no amount of external skincare will clear ur skin. Kosass Chemistry Deodorant is free of aluminum and baking soda, and comes in a unique serum formula that rolls right onto your skin, sans any unsightly white stains. Only pit-nourishing ingredients allowed. But I have zero issues with Stridex pads (and I use the maximum strength ones in the red jar). Kosasport is a high-performance capsule collection, packed with skincare power. The Kosasport Chemistry Deodorant protects against odor while working to soothe and balance underarms. Dr. Gohara says that acids can be irritating if you have really sensitive skin so do a patch test if you've had issues with acids in the past. It can be hard to find a natural deodorant that does the heavy-duty job of defending against body odor. I'll take that over needing to reapply all day long! "There also can be changes in the natural bacterial flora that live on the skin, [as in] increased amounts, that lead to more bacteria interacting with the sweat and making the odor," she adds. (ICYMI: Antiperspirants use an aluminum-based compound to plug up hair follicles and reduce sweat while deodorants just help mask odor.) We're so sorry to read about your experience with Chemistry. To make the best natural deodorant, Kosas thought outside the box with alpha hydroxy acids to keep underarms smelling fresh. Highly recommend for anyone looking to go natural or cruelty free!! omg, i'm so happy someone recommended this to me. Over the past couple years, Ive been trying so hard to make the switch from my Donna Karan Cashmere Mist. Enter the ingredients in EWGs Build Your Own Report tool to get an approximate score for that product. Aw yay hope you love! This one contains mandelic and lactic acid left me sweat and stink free for a full day. Your skin, your body, your mood, your self. If youre looking for odor protection, Dove 0% Aluminum Deodorant($6) is for you.. Comfy makeup. The AHAs present in this formula includes shikimic acid, mandelic acid, and lactic acid. Join our mailing list Submit. But, if you are looking for stronger underarm relief, Botox Cosmetic can be valid solution to excessive perspiration. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I can go 2 days without a shower (if needed lol) and I dont stink after the gym anymore! Read on for mini-reviews! Thanks for the recommendations Grace! Things like stress, hormonal changes, new medications, and different lifestyle factors (like harder workouts or shifts in the weather) can all impact how you sweat, and your go-to deodorant may not be able to stand up to the new situation. Kosas Chemistry Deodorant | BO-Fighting AHA Serum, Nourishing and Kosas Chemistry Deodorant | BO-Fighting AHA Serum, Nourishing and Stain-Free, (Serene Clean), Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. We independently research, test, review, and recommend the best So far, I'm amazed. The formula is a clear gel that doesn't stain clothes, the roll-on applicator makes it easy to apply, and the blend of acids help get . Active skincare. Bestselling Kosas skin-improving Revealer Concealer for example is powered with peptides, hyaluronic acid, and caffeine to help hydrate, brighten, and smooth The only warning (and this is probably super obvious to most people) DO NOT use the Scullys right after shaving your armpits. There is absolutely no odor, and so far, no irritation. However, if you find yourself perspiring more than others, you may have a genetic condition called hyperhidrosis. I tried Ursa Major, Native, Schmidts (charcoal, baking soda, and formula w/o baking soda), Kopari, Lavanila, Agent Nateur, and Primal Pit Paste! I went to grab lunch after my workout, and I still really didnt smell anything for the most part. Pair it with super hydrating Lipfuel, also made for the made-for-action Kosasport collection. Thanks for the review! Read on to see if the products odor-fighting claims are fact or fiction. did not notice any stains but rarely do with deodorants. i love the smell and the packaging is great. But as you might've suspectedthe reason for which I'm writing this storythere's been a recent breakthrough in the world of clean deodorant and it has been a game-changer for my underarms to say the least. On your best day. . Chemistry Deodorant BO-Fighting AHA Serum. Reviewed in the United States on February 26, 2023. Your mileage may vary, so I wont 1 star this. Fluffy brows & lashes powered by active hair care ingredients. Highlighted Ingredients: - AHA Blend: Deodorizes, exfoliates, improves skins moisture, and addresses visible dullness and discoloration. Thank you for sharing!!!! This one was my least favorite, which bummed me out as I was probably most excited about it. I was influenced elsewhere and it is SO messy Just ordered Scullys. The Kosas Deodorant promotes hydration, moisturizes, and fixes discoloration. It's however you feel it. NewBeauty may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our affiliate partnerships with retailers. Ideally the product is used at night before bed. Makeup for Skincare FreaksGet on the list for all things Kosas and 10% off your first order. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Mandelic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Cocoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Shikimic Acid, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Hyaluronic Acid, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Citrus Paradisi Peel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, LinaloolSize: 70 ml/ 2.4 fl oz. Ive always had the worst trouble with body odor and excessive underarm sweat, and no other deodorants ever did the trick. She tried it, it worked, so she set out to perfect a formula for her clean beauty brand. I almost cried! All of the brand's products use nourishing ingredients and are cruelty-free. Your worst day. Yaitanes used a blend of shikimic acid, mandelic acid and lactic acid to help . The moisture and sweat on your underarms can completely wash away your formula.. All of it. A blend of alpha hydroxy acids (shikimic, mandelic, and lactic) gently exfoliates your. Shop kosas.com and enjoy your savings of February, 2023 now! I def sweat less using them but none are a true antiperspirant! Are they antiperspirant as well as a deodorant? Thank you for this post! I initially bought it because of its odor fighting abilities, which are also amazing. I loved the rose fragrance. I bought it because Im pregnant and needed to reapply more frequently. This leaves your underarms drier and free of bacteria. Get a Mini Air Brow Clear with orders $70+. Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Free Shipping on US Orders $40+ & Free Returns, Free Gift Alert! In my opinion, it does have a sporty smell to it, with a hint of aloe vera freshness. I love that it is a refillable spray bottle total genius! It all started a couple years ago when women started using P50 as deodorant. For some people, over-the-counter antiperspirants are not strong enough and they require prescriptions, adds Dr. Jaliman. Instead, she turned to one of her favorite skincare ingredients, alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). Deodorant for skincare freaks: Their deodorant does more: The AHA blend keeps you from smelling, but it also visibly brightens . After discovering the ugly truth about aluminum in some of my go-to antiperspirant brands, I immediately turned to natural deodorant. Deodorants, on the other hand, target the natural bacteria under your arms that leads to odor, using natural ingredients. Were available by phone (310-878-0712) and chat Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.5 p.m. PT, Clean Foundation + Skincare Treatment + SPF, Full-Size Concealer + Setting Powder + Plumping Lip Gloss. This roll-on gel deodorant from Crystal offers a hypoallergenic, non-staining formula that includes natural mineral salts to help prevent body odor, according to . For hyperhidrosis, deodorant alone is not going to help, explains Nanuet, NY dermatologist Heidi Waldorf, MD, who usually recommends patients with the condition start with an over-the-counter formula containing a high concentration of aluminum zirconium, plus moisturizing ingredients. Aloe vera juice, hyaluronic acid, and peptides all help keep skin hydrating, smooth, soothed, and firm. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Lowe's. Bath & Body Works. Know Your Environment. One, the tight fit will create friction in the underarm and grab onto the moisture, and two, the odor will be trapped in the fabric.. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. I will say that this one does have some white residue. Oh! i do agree that it can take a few minutes to dry but once it does you are set for the whole day. Works well for about 8hrs before the stink starts to slowly come through. I'm sure this works for some people, but it didn't for me/my sweat chemistry or whatever. It then can reduce sweating for up to 24 hours.. That unique relationship between you, and you. Other than that I suggest giving it a try ASAPespecially if you're looking to make the switch from an antiperspirant. I've been using Ncessaire's The Deodorant, and I enjoy it for everyday use but it does leave a creamy white residue that isn't great for exercise or going out. If you're using an anti-perspirant, this could cause your skin to lose its response to the active ingredient (usually aluminum) that's traditionally been able to keep sweat at bay. Super clean.Comfy makeup.Active skincare. it's amazing. "When that happens, the sweat gland and its sweat duct will return to its normal function of delivering sweat to the surface of the skin," says Dr. Zalka. I love the deodorants from Necessaire as well. We need to let them breathe and allow what was blocked out to be released. After about a month or so, it should be smooth sailing. I wish they could have just done a spray or a more traditional rollerball. questions, plus, why you may want to consider swiping your underarms with an exfoliating acid. Its funny, deodorant is so much about your bodys chemistry. Hey Jessica, The Kosas Chemistry Deodorant seems to be working great! Yes, absolutely! Your acids kick armpit a$$ ! The aluminum-based ingredient can easily get to the sweat gland to effectively plug the pore. Skin-care expert Xiomi Frans-Cuber agrees, adding that sweat and moisture usually prohibit odor and sweat-fighting ingredients from effectively penetrating the skin. The other plus of this deodorant is that is doesnt ruin my shirts with that white residue that stick deodorant leaves. Instead, it's because of how your sweat interacts with the bacteria living on the surface of your skin, which can release an odor. Even after running around and sweating I have NO odor, and I usually am pretty stinky. EWG is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, EIN 52-2148600. And if you arent particularly fond of fragrance, no worries: Kosas makes a fragrance-free version of the deodorant as well. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Reviewed in the United States on February 10, 2023. Alongside keeping the pH level . 97% of consumers said the product made them feel fresh, 94% of consumers said their body odor was neutralized, 92% of consumers said the product lasted through workouts, *based on a consumer study of 33 women after 1 day of use, Refinery29 Beauty Innovator Awards (2020). Press left and right arrows to navigate. If you find that your go-to deodorant is not working anymore, or no deodorant works at all, here are 11 common reasons why it probably isnt doing the job it should. Good thing I WFH so its just my husband around and he hasnt mentioned anything to me yet! Ive been using my pixie glow tonic for deodorant since reading this and my mind is blown. The only con is that Kosas is a liquid deodorant, so it goes on wet and is a little sticky until it's dried completely. - Hyaluronic Acid: Hydrates for softer, smoother skin. BUY. The acids also help to neutralize odor instead of absorbing it. As a brown girly I suffer from hyperpigmentation in many areas, one of them being my armits and this deodorant has been impressively helpful in that area. Which one are you askoing about? (FYI: Pixi Glow Tonic also works quite well!) Kosas Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant Shop Now $15 Available in three scents, Fragrance Free, Serene Clean (pictured above), and Beachy Clean, Kosas's Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant goes. Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant. the only reason i gave it 4 stars is because it takes a few minutes to dry which is annoying when im in a hurry but other than that i love this! Keep me posted on how you like it. One way to combat this smell: using an antibacterial soap before applying deodorant, paying close attention to scrubbing the area to eliminate any bacteria, she says. Shop it Sephora. $35.00. Kopari Aluminum-Free Coconut Deodorant: The Aluminum-Free Coconut Deodorant from Kopari ($14) is well known for its ability to fight odor while being 100 percent plant-based. If youre transitioning into an AHA-infused deodorant, Yaitanes says you might also go through a similar detox. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Dove dermatologist Dr. Alicia Barba adds, If youre looking forbothodor and wetness protection, I recommend an antiperspirantwith aluminum salts [her favorite is a tie betweenDove Dry Spray($6)orDove Advanced Care($5)] that help control the flow of seat under the arms, along with deodorant to mask the smell, she says. We want to treat BO where it starts. 2023Well+Good LLC. This Is The Only Natural Deodorant I'll Ever Use, Get Madelyn's Glazed Vanilla French Manicure, From Women's Health for Xeomin Aesthetics, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. Full of active ingredients to treat, nourish, and boost lips and skin. Our end goal was to create a clean deodorant that not only keeps you from smelling, but also treats the skin with nourishing ingredients so its smoother, more evenly toned and bump-free, says founder Sheena Yaitanes. The scent is barely there which I prefer since I like my perfume to be the star of the show, not my deodorant! This Deorderant was the best I ever tried, and did exactly as described for a long time until I started getting rashes (dermatitis) and bumps under my arms. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Keep reading for our full product review. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. I have been using it for less than a week - but so far - so good! Good old Stridex pads!!! It does dry eventually and the sticky goes away but for the price, I dont want to have to suffer through the sticky stage. In order to understand why, it's important to understand why your armpits smell in the first place. Hi Paige, we take your experience extremely seriously and have sent you an email to help. It doesnt leave residue on clothing. Longtime acid deodorant fan; my fav the classic Weleda spray deodorants, which are similar formula to Scullys (alcohol + essential oil). Funny, when I tried Scullys it reminded me of the Weleda one. Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Mandelic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Cocoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Shikimic Acid, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Hyaluronic Acid, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Citrus Paradisi Peel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool.