), an episode that revolved around the ease with which one could buy a handgun was eventually dumped. George Costanza Jason Alexander recently let it slip how Seinfeld killed off Susanplayed by Heidi Swedberg who Costanza almost married on the series because she was "fucking impossible" to. Swedberg saw her role on the show as being the straight woman to the insanity. Al Yeganeh, the real soup store owner upon whom The Soup Nazi is based, was not pleased with his depiction in the series, as is evident from the CNN interview above, where he calls Seinfeld a clown whose use of the N wordthe Nazi wordis disgraceful. When the interviewer countered that youre famous because of him, Yeganeh insisted No. and "yada yada yada." In his book, The Real Seinfeld (As Told by the Real Costanza), Costanza noted: George is bald. Joining them in their extreme discomfort: actor Raymond Cruz, who played the character onfour episodesof the classic series, up untilTuco's death at the hands ofcrusading DEA agentHank Schrader(Dean Norris). It didn't bother me the first five years. During the same Reddit AMA, Seinfeld cited Newman as his favorite supporting character. The actor on Thursday morning apologized for and attempted to clarify remarks he made on Howard Sterns radio show Wednesday recollecting the classic NBC sitcoms decision to kill off George Costanzas fiance Susan, played by actress Heidi Swedberg. After discussing the episode with a female colleague, Jerold Mackenzie, then an executive at Milwaukees Miller Brewing, was fired for sexual harassment. (One now is studying English at Yale, the other is in high school.). He said he "couldn't figure out how to play off of" actress Heidi Swedberg, and their instincts "were always misfiring" during scenes together. He also wrote that David and Seinfeld were pleased with howSwedberg was bringing Susan to life: People clearly liked the [George-Susan] interplay, even though I believed I was off. WhileHousehad its lighter moments(like how Dr. House savagely mocked even his closest friends),it could get pretty dark too. Jason Alexander said it was because Garlington rewrote all of her lines; while Seinfeld confirmed that she did indeed give Larry David a rewrite, he swears that thats not the reason she was replaced, saying they just needed a character who was a little more involved., In a making-of documentary on the season one DVD, Julia Louis-Dreyfus admits that she wasnt even aware of the pilot until 2004and has no plans to watch it. When season 4 began, it was revealed that Piper lived, while Prue didn't. "Her instincts for doing a scene, where the comedy was, and mine were always misfiring." Jason Alexander said he is sorry for offending Heidi Swedberg during a recent interview with Howard Stern. Its impossible,' said Alexander, who stressed that he had nothing against Swedberg personally. In actuality, the arrests didn't affect the show at all. It refused, so Harper didn't show up to film the first episode of season three. (Also,Family Guyis a cartoon, where the laws of life and death don't have to apply. The Cast Had Difficulty With Heidi Swedberg NBC during the 1990s was on a roll, and they had a line-up of amazing shows that dominated the small screen. "No one told Heidi to do anything different - and she surely would have, if asked. If you like TVLine, you'll LOVE our email news alerts! Ukuleles create happy people, and I love to surround myself with happy people, Robinson says. He apologized, reiterating many times over that the cast and crew didnt hate Swedberg. Cruz clearly harbored no ill will at the show's creative staff, or even his character, because he returned to the role forBetter Call Saul,theBreaking Badprequel series. Both sides then reached what they thought was a deal, until Harper sat out shooting in protest once again. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies. Well, Lost filmed in Hawaii, and while this might be hard to believe, Akinnuoye-Agbaje hated living in Hawaii. In The Bizarro Jerry, Jerry has a girlfriend with hands that he finds rather masculine. What do you think of Alexanders apology? Eventually, the real Kramer relented. But we didnt talk. Alexanders exchange with Stern about Swedberg can be heard below. That's the year she won an Emmy. Sweet, fancy Moses! She will give workshops for beginners and children, while her partner, Daniel Ward, who is classically trained in flamenco guitar, will teach fandango techniques to advanced players. Ultimately, Swedberg's character died after being poisoned by licking the glue on the couple's low-quality wedding invitations. 2023 The Hollywood Reporter, LLC. People said, 'Tenwhy not 10?' In an interview with Howard Stern, Alexander admitted that, I couldn't figure out how to play off of [Heidi Swedberg]. Ready for a virtual challenge? Heidi Swedberg loves children and singing and playing (in all senses: the title of her previous CD is Play!) "Thats my favorite moment from the entire series. (1991) and Dragonfly (2002). Since then, she has called at dances both large and small throughout the Northeast. (Not to mention that the role earned Knight anEmmy nominationin 2007.) Lorimar fired Harper from her show and publicly announced that they'd kill off her character and then filed a $70 million breach of contract suit. "It did what it was designed to do it reminded people this is still a show where anything that can happen despite the fact it's been on for awhile." She has been married to Philip Holahan since 1994. Interactions With Heidi Swedberg Leave Jason Alexander Frustrated on 'Seinfeld' In an interview, Alexander said, "I love Heidi Swedberg, but I could never figure out how to play off her. The bio briefly mentions Swedberg's acting careerbut not her time on Seinfeld. "I couldn't figure out how to play off of her," Alexander told Stern. Swedberg's first role happened in 1989 with her 8-episode stint on Seinfeld in the middle of a two-decade-long acting career. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the rest of the cast wasnt keen on having her in scenes, and Alexander was convinced that Swedberg was difficult to act with. She attended Sandia High School in Albuquerque from 1980 to 1984. Appearing in a series Rolling Stone ranked fifth among televisions 100 greatest shows has its benefits, she acknowledges. Of course, Amos admits that he "wasn't the most diplomatic guy" and probably approached producers the wrong way. Ultimately, a jury sided with Harper and awarded her $1.4 million. So who shot J.R. that time? Hisofficial job: associate director of the White House's public liaison office. And I love that nobody ever asks Why didn't you like Newman?. "I couldn't figure out how to play off her," Alexander explained. Leslie Odom, Jr., best known for his Tony-winning role as Aaron Burr in Hamilton, performs a mix of jazz-influenced soul, pop, standards and more with his band. But Steinbrenner proved to be a good sport when he agreed to film some scenes for the show, in which he proposes that he and Elaine attend Georges wedding together. And she would do something, and I would go, OK, I see what she's going to doI'm going to adjust to her.' We'll have a videotape at the end of it that we could play at parties., In all of Seinfelds 172 episodes, theres only one in which Alexander doesnt appearthe season three episode, The Pen, which has Jerry and Elaine visiting Jerrys parents in Florida (and Jerry getting an astronaut pen from their neighbor). She plays and teaches ukulele and fronts a popular kid's band, Heidi Swedberg and the Sukey Jump Band. Main stars Seinfeld, Alexander, Louis-Dreyfus, and Richards had apparent comedic chemistry. I just remember it didnt last very long. Family Guyhas done countless shocking things over its 300-plus episodes being shocking is kind of its thing. Lowest Rated: Not Available. He got fame through me. The actor recently said that the. The songs that we learned when were young are really important to who we are, and we take them with us into older age. All rights reserved. Thomas, who also worked as a radio DJ,responded to a caller who asked him how it felt to act onCheers. Why? She is an actress, known for Galaxy Quest (1999), Hot Shots! I couldnt figure out how to play off of her, Alexander said ofSwedberg, who followed her 1997 departure from the celebrated NBC sitcom with roles on Roswell, Gilmore Girls and Bones. 'No, I'm not.' She played Brian Bonsall's mom in the TV movie Father and Scout (1994). Her instincts for doing a scene, where the comedy was, and mine were always misfiring. Things have worked out every time for the main cast, but not for Maggie Roswell. The cast of The Simpsons has gone through some major re-negotiations over the yearsin 1998, Fox threatened to replace the actors rather than meet their salary demands. The show outdid itself in a 1996 episode when it killed off a major recurring character,simultaneously shocking viewers and relieving George Costanza (Jason Alexander). Festivities conclude on Sunday with a free 10:30 11:45 am jam on the Morristown Green; all are welcome. Apparently, actress Heidi Swedberg was a wonderful person, but her comic stylings were so far away from the rest of the cast's that the regulars felt it was "impossible" to work with her. For years, it was rumored that Steve Buscemi was one of many soon-to-be-successful actors who unsuccessfully auditioned for Seinfeld (David Alan Grier was also in the mix, as was David Lettermans bandleader Paul Shaffer, who said in his autobiography that his resemblance to Larry Davidupon whom George is basedwas what made him of interest to the shows creators). What do we have in store for you on this tantalizing Thursday? Here's why Susan was killed off in Seinfeld despite her character being popular on the show. (A verdict which was overturned on appeal.). Liz Sheridan, Who Played Jerry's Mother Helen on Seinfeld, Dead at 93 Fourteen years later, The New Yorker actually published their own version of their cartoon and invited readers to submit their captions. For the entire run of the nine-season series, Richards wore two identical pairs of black Doc Marten boots. After enduring a series of legal problems (including a bar fight and charges of spousal battery, according to TMZ), Short admitted on Access Hollywood Live (via New York Daily News) that he'd left Scandal due to a cocaine issue. | "Her. When asked about when he first met Larry David during a 2014 Reddit AMA, Seinfeld gave a surprising answer and admitted that even David didn't know this story: I actually was eavesdropping on him talking to another comedian, and I wasnt even in comedy yet. "My five-year experience proved to me that I could not trust any answer that was given," he said. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae3c26d6a9c94be6c2f7e548f3b8ce24" );document.getElementById("g49535b400").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In a February 2000 episode, Maude was killed in a shocking and ridiculous fashionshe fell off a grandstand when she was shot by a T-shirt cannon. Reserve your [], Rhythm India takes you on a journey of dance and celebration through Bollywood and beyond. Subscribe for full access to The Hollywood Reporter. Penn came back to reprise his role as Kutner forHouse's series finale in the form of a hallucination. His follow-up tweet can also be read below. The Theres Something About Mary co-creators wrote The Virgin in season four, in which Jerry dates Marla the virgin (Frasiers Jane Leeves) and Elaine attempts to give her an education in sex in the 1990s. After the interview on "The Howard Stern Show," some interpreted Alexander's comments as hateful toward Swedberg. Frazier W. Marsh was director. And because its so un-intimidating, it welcomes people to join in, Swedberg says. They go, 'You know what? "The show about nothing was just a joke in an episode many years later, and Larry and I to this day are surprised that it caught on as a way that people describe the show, because to us its the opposite of that.". It's expected to hit the streamer in September 2021. ", One of the biggest new shows of the 2004-05 season was also among the most innovative: ABC's time- and mind-bending desert island sci-fi adventure series Lost. But on a 2015 episode of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Buscemi addressed the rumor in his typical good-natured way: I never did [the audition] and I dont know how to correct it because I dont know how the Internet works. Heidi Swedberg was born on 3 March 1966 in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. However in real life, Swedberg is only 15 years older than Bonsall. Alexander's followup Tweet noted that he felt "officially awful". "I felt too much emphasis was being put on J.J. and his chicken hat and saying 'dy-no-mite' every third page," argued Amos,referring to breakout star Jimmy "J.J." Walker and his catchphrase,"when just as much emphasis and mileage could have been gotten out of my other two children." When shown in close shots, the hands really are man hands. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But when you sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, they sing along thats the magic of music, says Swedberg, who played a Shanghai festival in 2012. Alexander wasn't the only one on the "Seinfeld" set who felt this way. However, her character also happened to die at the same exact time as Watros' Libby Smith, a mere coincidence regarding the actresses' offstage arrests. Just a few years later,however, Aaron Spelling surprisingly cast Doherty in another project, the WB supernatural dramaCharmed. Publicity Listings Maybe three," Larry David told New York Magazine." How'd La, Will Young Sheldon Follow Big Bang's Lead With New Baby? Seinfeld has made no secret about his love of the number nine. Check out a clip of her and Alexander on Seinfeld here: 2023 TV GUIDE, A FANDOM COMPANY. More people are reading Morristown Green than ever. In an interview with Howard Stern, Alexander admitted that, "I couldn't figure out how to play off of [Heidi Swedberg]. Prices for concerts and workshops range from $20-$122 if purchased by Thursday, and from $25-$132 at the door. I love how it can carry a song within itself. Its truly powerful. Preaching the Gospel according to Uke, of course. All Rights Reserved. At the end of season three of Scandal, Harrison finds out Eli killed the president' son, and, well, he knew too much to live. Reporting the news takes time, money and hard work. The impetus for telling this story was that Howard said, Julia Louis Dreyfuss told me you all wanted to kill her. So I told the story to try and clarify that no one wanted to kill Heidi, he wrote. So his character took a bullet from a bad guy and died. Now everybody, calm down and just enjoy the reruns and think, Why did he think this wasnt working? Her instincts for doing a scene, where the comedy was, and mine, were always misfiring, Alexander told Stern, adding that well into her arc, Swedberg finally shot an episode with extensive scenes opposite Jerry Seinfeld and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. ", Jason Alexander loved the script for Seinfeld, which is what made him question the show's potential to be successful. I couldnt figure out how to play off of her. Thats a good reason why to play ukulele instead of working in television.. I like the people more. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity to wring a bit of drama out of his departure, the show's writers opted to have the Kutner character commit suicide. Touring and recording together since 2009, they bring complementary skills to the partnership. But it was worth it. That slap bass and those mouth pops and sighs may have sounded like they were all cut from the same track, but composer Jonathan Wolff made each one individually, basing them around Seinfelds opening monologue for the week. But according to Roswell, it's because she asked for a pay raise. (1991) and Dragonfly (2002). Here's why Heidi Swedberg's character on Seinfeld, Susan Ross, was killed off on the Season 7 finale of the iconic sitcom. Recommended for ages 3+. And thats what I would voice concern about. Run, walk, bike, hike, snowshoe, ski, dance, shovel, vacuum, roll - any indoor or outdoor activity you choose - 80 miles (the length of the [], (MORRISTOWN, NJ) End of Elm + Art Gallery presents Just Disintegrate, by Scott Harbison from February 7th to April 3rd, 2023. She is best known for her role as Susan Ross, the fiance of George Costanza, on the television sitcom Seinfeld . Birthday: Mar 3, 1966. In 2006,Cheerswriter Ken Levinerevealed on his blogjust whythey killed off Eddie LeBec and in such a perplexing way. Alexander made the remark in an interview on Howard Stern 's radio show Wednesday, recounting a story he's told before about how Swedberg's comic timing didn't mesh with his own on the. George is stocky. 1994 - present (filed for divorce, 2 children). IBT Fast Start - Let the best of International News come to you. Shes a terrific girl. Proposal unveiled for worn out Burnham Park; are Morristown and Morris Township taxpayers willing to refresh it. I don't know why.. As if having Friends wasn't impressive enough, the network also had Seinfeld, one of the best shows of all time. But for the last decade or so, Swedberg has devoted herself to teaching ukulele to people of all ages. They have two children. Why such a sudden and brutal departure for Valerie Hogan? Phil Morris, who made a handful of appearances on the series as a fast-talking, Johnnie Cochran-like lawyer, was working with Seinfeld and David on the pitch, which would find him as the sole black lawyer in an all-white firm. I love her. By joining TV Guide, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. Heidi Swedberg of Sukey Jump Music talks about her emotional connection with the ukulele in this 3 Questions Interview recorded at the West Coast Ukulele Ret. Actress Heidi Swedberg played Susan on Seinfeld, and based on comments by the sitcom's main cast, she wasn't the easiest performer to work with. Its a little song machine. The Flash's Candice Patton Wraps Filming as Iris West-Allen Plus, When Will the Series Finale, Young Sheldon Just Torpedoed Mary and George's Marriage Will Big, Did The Flash Rob Us of Flashbacks? On Wednesday's installment of "The Howard Stern Show," Alexander answered why Georges fiance met an untimely doom on the now defunct series. Alexander was dismayed when head writer Larry David said George and Susan were going to get married. "There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins,"Hayes said in a statement. As for his character, womanizing jingle writer Charlie Harper, he died offscreen, reportedly hit by a train and eulogized in an onscreenfuneral. A lot of other stuff happened, but trying to make that funny ended up being no fun. The episode was replaced with The Phone Message.. She was actually kind of a pain (after all, she was the one who ruined On Howard Stern's show this week, Jason Alexander gave us an answer to the long-standing Seinfeld question we didn't even realize we wanted answered: Why did the show kill off Susan? Though Seinfeld has famously earned the reputation of being a show about nothing, the idea behind the serieswhich premiered on July 5, 1989was anything but. Online program. And I think, perhaps because Im familiar to people, they feel less intimidated by the idea of the ukulele, she says. Their repertoire includes American folk traditions, music of Georgia (Eastern Europe), Corsica, and the Balkans, []. What [David] said was, what Heidi brought to the character is, we could do the most horrible things to her, and the audience was still on my side, Alexander said, laughing. (1991) and Dragonfly (2002). Ukulele is easier to learn than guitar, its more portable, and it creates an aura of friendliness. This is great.'. Bolsonaro Gets Rock Star Reception From US Conservatives, China's Rubber-stamp Parliament To Begin Meetings, Hand Xi Third Term, How Student Loan Forgiveness Could Still Work, Iran To Reconnect Nuclear Cameras, Ramp Up Inspections: IAEA, Arsenal Stage Thrilling Fightback To Maintain Five-point Lead Over Man City. Season 9s backwards episode, The Betrayal, is based on a Harold Pinter play of the same name, which utilizes a similarly nonlinear narrative device. As Dr. Lance Sweets, Daley played a psychologist and behavior expert who helped the crime fighters of the series in their investigations. I know this because as we talked by phone, I could feel her enthusiasm clear across the three-hour time difference ("Everyone . . She attended Sandia High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico from 1980 to 1984. This is a collection of neoexpressionist paintings featuring [], Building a Jersey-friendly yard creates a healthy foundation of soil, conserves water, attracts and supports wildlife, and adds beauty and interest to your home landscape. Around home in Los Angeles, she performs with The Smoking Jackets, for grownup audiences, and the Sukey Jumpy Band, for kids. She is an actress, known for Galaxy Quest (1999), Hot Shots! The Hollywood Reporter is a part of Penske Media Corporation. The Main Stage features two-song (or ten minutes, whichever is [], Rediscover CATSthe beloved musical with breathtaking musicincluding one of the most treasured songs in musical theater, "Memory. Featuring new sound design, direction, and choreography for a new generation experience [], Everyone's favorite Irish holiday is here! During a 2014 Reddit AMA, Jerry Seinfeld admitted that both he and co-creator Larry David were surprised by how Seinfeld earned its show about nothing moniker: "The pitch for the show, the real pitch, when Larry and I went to NBC in 1988, was we want to show how a comedian gets his material, Seinfeld explained. Her mom still belongs to a ukulele club in New Mexico, where the family moved when Swedberg was a girl. Shedied of cancerat age 62 in November 2014. Fans of the show will remember that Susan met an untimely (yet oddly hilarious) demise after getting poisoned from licking low-quality glue on the envelopes for her and George's wedding invitations. The manipulator who lives only for his own pleasure. For example,an actor or actress might be difficult to work with,and show brass and co-stars want to get rid of them with very little chance for a comeback. Shannen Doherty is arguably better known for being difficult to work with than she is for her acting. Rekart still proudly flaunts his man-hands status in his Twitter profile . "It's brutal," Levine recalled Thomas quipping. During Georges tenure with the Yankees organization, legendary team owner George Steinbrenner was a recurring character except we never saw his face and he was voiced by Larry David. And I think theres a real responsibility with childrens music to instill something of value, says Swedberg, a contributing editor for Ukulele Magazine. She surely offered. The actor on Thursday morning apologized for and attempted to clarify remarks he made on Howard Sterns radio show Like most Seinfeld fans, we still haven't gotten over the death of George's fiance Susan Ross back in season 7. Chilling as that end may have been, it seems that there were no hard feelings between the actor and the showrunners. After Seinfeld, the actress went on to other television projects including Roswell, Gilmore Girls and Bones.. Who knows how manyBreaking Badviewers found the sheer intensity and violence of Tuco Salamanca to be too much to handle? View history Heidi Swedberg (born 1966/1967) [1] is an American actress and musician. For nine seasons, friends Jerry Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld, playing a fictionalized version of himself), George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Elaine Benes(Julia Louis-Dreyfus), and Cosmo Kramer (Michael Richards) found themselves in various face-palm-inducing situations within and occasionally outside New York City. Heidi Swedberg, who will perform on Saturday in Whippany with partner Daniel Ward at the Seventh Annual New Jersey Uke Fest, forever will be known as Susan Ross, the ill-fated fiance of George Costanza on Seinfeld. Couldn't George have just decided to stop being a doctor and work as a barista or something? Prior to the taping of every show, the four main cast members would gather behind the set and participate in the circle of power. Jason Alexander told Variety it was nothing more than the four of us kind of huddling up and going, have a good show., Before the final show, Jerry took on a more serious tone than usual, and, according to Alexander, said, For the rest of our lives when anybody thinks of one of us, they will think of the four of us, and I cant think of any people that I would rather have that be true of., Alexander continued, And as we all began to weep over the fact that Jerry had said that, thats when they started calling our names, and we had to go out and pretend that everythings just hunky dory.. Just like live-action actors, voice performers have to renew their contracts every few years. On Thursday, Alexander posted a message to Twitter saying he regretted how his comments to Stern came out, as his intention for telling the story was solely to make it clear that he and the cast did not have issues with Swedbergs personality. In a 1998 episode, Elaine is upset that she doesnt understand the punchline of a New Yorker cartoon and tries to get her own published. (One now is studying English at Yale,. June 4 at 8:50 a.m. Perhaps he angered Rhimes, what with the horrific way the show killed off George: He's hit by a bus, admitted to the very hospital where he worked, and, after his doctor friends finally recognize him, he's pronounced brain-dead and passes away. Thats what I liked about it. And people on the street who were standing and staring at us would start singing with us, and everything would change. Seinfeld writer Spike Feresten told HuffPo that Larry David was not a fan of the eighth season episode The Little Kicks, in which Elaine dances (for lack of a better term). Mrs. Wolowitz joined Charlie fromCharlie's Angelsand Carlton the Doorman fromRhodain the canon of heard-but-never-seen TV characters. 2023 Minute Media - All Rights Reserved, expected to hit the streamer in September 2021. Our antihero is surrounded by his frustrated servant Leporello and three women: fiery Donna Elvira, tormented Donna Anna, and impressionable Zerlina. Sound off below! 4:30PM: sensory friendly performance. He added that Scandal boss Shonda Rhimes allowed for him to be written out so that he could "get my stuff together.". [W]hen we shot the pilot, I was the girl in Seinfeld, Lee Garlington, the actress who played Claire in the pilot, told HuffPo. I think her comments about childrens music are spot on, too. Indeed, on the show's Halloween episode, Claire gets a call from her stepfather, and she, along with viewers, learns that DeDee Pritchett died in her sleep. Larry David made sure that the cast and crew were aware of his no hugging, no learning motto for the show, which meant that they should avoid any sort of sentimentality or situations that would force the characters to change or grow. "We do deal with a death, which is certainly a topic that families have to deal with." Copyright IBTimes 2023. I simply couldnt see it or find it at the time, he said. (November 27 to December 26, 1987) She played a party guest and town person in Barbara Field's adaptation of Charles Dickens' novel, "A Christmas Carol," was performed in a Holiday Favorites production at the Actors Theatre of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky with Susan Kaslow (Mrs. Dickens, Mrs. Fezziwig, Mrs. Cratchit); Steve Wise (Charles Dickens); Vaughn McBride (John Dickens, Round Charity Man, Ghost of Christmas Present, Charwoman); Ben Parker (Henry Dickens, Young Ebenezer, Peter Cratchit, Simon); David Manis (Bob Crachit); Mark Sawyer-Dailey (Fred, Man with Snuffbox, Cook); Bob Burrus (Lean Charity Man, Mr. Fezziwig, Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come); Ray Fry (Scrooge); Jonathan Bolt (Marley, Joe the Beetler); Vince Grant (Ebenezer Scrooge); Jody Gelb (Belle, Mrs. Fred); Jim Petersmith (Dick Wilkins, Topper, Undertaker); Barbara Gulan (Clovia Fezziwig, Martha Cratchit, Thin Sister); Adam Routt (Tiny Tim, Ignorance) and Stephanie Phelan (Saffronia Fezziwig, Giggling Sister, Laundress) in the cast. Alexander related how his costar Julia Louis-Dreyfus agreed with him, casually remarking, "Don't you wanna just kill her?" Swedberg and her three older sisters got their first ukes as kids, growing up in Hawaii. Because the more beautiful the songs are that you learn when youre small, the more youll have later. Heidi Swedberg. Swedberg was born on March 3, 1966 in Honolulu, Hawaii but was raised in New Mexico. When we do performances or music programs with older adults, who have memory challenges, Alzheimers, we find that people remember the songs they learned when they were very small children when they remember nothing else.