The beautiful couple has two children together; first baby, Amoura Benet born in 2015 and Lucia Bella Bennet. He made his film debut alongside Mariah Carey in Glitter (2001). Bent sang with a Top 100-style group called Gerard in the late 1980s. Happy birthday!! The "Sometimes I Cry" hitmaker is also proud to have teamed with "one of his idols" Maurice White, of Earth, Wind and Fire. The song was written by Eric Benet and produced by Andre Harrell. Spanish Help The single reached number two on the Urban Adult Contemporary chart. On top of that, he has black hair and eyes in dark brown color. Yearly Salary. The album also won a Soul Train Music Award for "Best R&B/Soul Album, Male". and intriguing details related to it.How to become a radiologist?If you're interested in sitting in a darkened room, looking at x-rays, and steering the patient away from what's causing the problem, a radiologist should do all of those things. India was born on 1991. . He was with actress Halle Berry for a year, from 2001 till 2005. You can catch her outside enjoying nature and classical literature. Eric Bent He is married to Manuela Testolini, Princes ex-wife, and they have two daughters, 6-year-old Lucia Bella and 3-year-old Amoura Luna. He debuted in the year 1996 with True To Myself. One of his songs Rose got nominated for the 2000 Grammy Award. All in the Game He relays the feeling of being vulnerable and fighting for love. He is an actor and writer, known for The Brothers (2001), A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1996) and Snap (2022). He has received wide recognition on his work including 4 Grammy's nominations. Bent, 50, cheated on then-wife Halle Berryin the early 2000s. His late father was a police detective who loved classical music. SingerEric Bentand actress Halle Berry appeared to be the it couple of the early 2000s. 1 Album, "First Listen: Eric Benet is "Runnin" with new song", "Eric Benet - from e to U Volume I (2014) download by IsraBox", "Halle Berry's ex-husband Eric Bent weds longtime girlfriend and Prince's ex-wife Manuela Testolini", "Eric Benet Shares First Photo of Daughter Amoura: Sweet Snap", Back To The Future: The Making Of Lost In Time with Eric Bent & George Nash Jr Interview at Soul Jones, The Definitive Eric Benet, music and interview with JM Part1, The Definitive Eric Benet, music and interview with JM Part2, The Definitive Eric Benet, music and interview with JM Part3, The Definitive Eric Benet, music and interview with JM Part4, Eric Bent 2012 Audio Interview at Soulinterviews.com, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Eric_Bent&oldid=1142063076, 20th-century African-American male singers, 21st-century African-American male singers, Articles with dead external links from August 2019, Articles with permanently dead external links, Short description is different from Wikidata, BLP articles lacking sources from May 2010, Pages using infobox person with multiple spouses, Pages using infobox musical artist with associated acts, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, "When You Think of Me" (Directed by Prentice Smith), This page was last edited on 28 February 2023, at 08:51. 2. On October 7, 2016, Bent released his eponymous seventh studio album and first major album release since 2012's "The One", the album featured guest appearances from Tamia, Arturo Sandoval and MC Lyte. There are certain songs that I haven't listened to in a good 10 years. ), "It was completely surreal," he tells PEOPLE of the pressures he felt during his high-profile marriage to Berry. ", But he learned a valuable lesson from that experience. I've been a fan for 20 years and Eric never disappoints. '", "I had that mentality probably until my second album as a solo artist, A Day in the Life, after 'Spend My Life with You' went to No. The young daughter was just 16-months-old when she lost her mother. ', I had that mentality probably until my second album as a solo artist,A Day in the Life, after Spend My Life with You went to No. I've had many moments that I'm grateful for, but professionally, those two jump out.". ", With so much loss after the deaths of Stauff and his father, who had lost a battle with cancer, Bent was filled with doubt. ", And there's another unforgettable moment in his career. Eric Benets height is 5 ft 11 inches and his body weight is 80 kg. I feel really comfortable talking about my journey now.. "That's when I started to feel like, 'Maybe I have a future. R&B crooner, songwriter and actor Eric Bent is currently spending much of his time in the studio, recording new music for his eighth studio album, due to release in the fall of 2016. His earnings include all of his musical works. 0:22. The day Halle Berry's R&B ex-husband linked up with the ex-wife of the iconic Prince, it was a stroke of fate. Benet was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the United States. Lisa was born in San Francisco, California, the United States on November 16, 1967, to her parents Allen Bonet and Arlene Litman, her father is an opera singer. "People look at people who are in the limelight, and what's happening in the celebrity's life is basically entertainment to them.". Previously, Benet was married to actress Halle Berry in January 2001 and divorced inJanuary 2005 though they separated in October 2003. The UK's supply crisis puts extra pressure on Prime Minister Boris. Due to these circumstances, his career gets interrupted. The Pulse of Entertainment: Jazz Pianist Melvin Johnson Debuts with Little Chris Rock Jokes Enjoying Watching Will Smith Get Whipped in Emancipation Stars of Ms. In 1994, he began his solo career and signed a contract withWarner Bros. Records. For support while mourning Stauff, Bent credits his family, who was also said over Stauffs death. Bent was born on October 15, 1966 in Mobile, Alabama and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She made some mistakes. Grammy Award-nominated R&B and soul singer who has released hit singles like "Spend My Life With You" and "You're the Only One.". I was trying to make music happen. Eric Benet's age is 56. Eric Bent is a Grammy nominated singer, dad and husband but he is also a survivor. The celebrity father along with his wife and kids took a few candids for social media a few days ago. He was previously married to Halle Berry. You are kind, curious, adventurous, strong, smart and just amazing. This singer also an actor is keeping himself away from scandals as well as rumors. The jet engine mechanic's job for the day is to check and maintain aircraft equipment and repair if there is a problem with the aircraft and to operate the aircraft properly and safely. Eric Bent is a Grammy nominated singer, dad and husband but he is also a survivor. Due to the controversy about music style and creative freedom, Bent changed to Reprise-distributed label Friday Records and recorded his next album, Hurricane. They may be involved in work on small planes, large planes and helicopters.Responsibilities of a Jet Engine MechanicJet mechanics have to inspect and examine different components of the plane to see if they are working properly or not.They should also check the landing gear and hydraulics, and see if there are any cracks, breaks, leaks, and other common issues on an aircraft.The jet mechanic must be able to read and explain the aircraft maintenance issue and other aircraft technical issues.While servicing an Read more, How to become a radiologist? "I think my father ultimately saw that.". Check out Eric Benet's latest from his new self-titled album, in stores October 7. It sells over 100,000 copies in a single day. Its first single, a cover of Toto's "Georgy Porgy," was a moderate radio hit, but it was the album's second single, "Spend My Life with You" (featuring Tamia), that helped put him on the map. Benet released hisinternational album, The Other One in 2014 in collaboration withEuropean production collective. ''", In the public's eye, Bent seemingly "made it" when he tied the knot with Halle Berry in January 2001, though they divorced four years later. "They may be going through something traumatic or life-changing, but for the public viewing all this in the fish bowl, it's just one of 50 things they're going to read about or clickbait as a little escape from their life," says the singer. He achieved success from his singing and acting career. Prince never married again, and there were no more children he had. Click HERE to SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter Now! I was crying for a very, very long time, but never in front of India. It's very hard to describe. The automobile, household appliance, and automobile tire industries are all illustrations of:? Though, he is 5 10 in feet and inches and 180 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 176 lbs in Pound and 80kg in Kilograms. In 1994, Benet teamed up with Warner Bros. Records and released his first solo debut album, True To Myself. It was released in 1996. Eric is the youngest of five siblings in his house. The celebrity father along with his wife and kids took a few candids for social media a few days ago. Eric Bent Not. From 1987 to 1993, Bonet was married to singer-songwriter Lenny Kravitz, with whom she had one child, Zo, who is also an actress. Should you have information that conflicts with anything shown please make us aware by email. with Manuela Testonlini{ "@context": "http://schema.org", "@type": "Person", "name": "Manuela Testonlini", "gender": "Female" }, View Eric Benet's Family Tree and History, Ancestry and Genealogy, Eric Benet's father is Lawrence Jordan Eric Benet's mother is Joyce Jordan, Eric Benet's daughter is India Benet Eric Benet's daughter is Lucia Benet Eric Benet's daughter is Amoura Benet, Eric Benet's former wife is Halle Berry Eric Benet had a relationship with Tami Marie Stauff, Eric Benet's sister in law is Daniela Dykeman Eric Benet's brother in law-by-marriage is Michael Dykeman, Eric Benet's former father in law is Jerome Berry Eric Benet's former mother in law is Judith Berry Eric Benet's former sister in law is Heidi Berry-Henderson. LIL BABY TO PERFORM AT NICKELODEON KIDS CHOICE AWARDS 2023, KEKE PALMER PRAISES SINGLE PARENTS IN POST-PREGNANCY UPDATE, JUICY J AND WIFE CELEBRATE DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY. He is best known for his song, Rose, which stood first on the Billboard R&B charts and was certified gold as well. For him to actually listen to my art and be moved by it and say, 'Wow, I didn't know it was gonna be this good' that was so huge for me," he tells PEOPLE. Family Life He married Manuela Testolini in 2011. See full bio Born: Music was always a major part of his childhood as his father was an amateur jazz musician and his mother was a gospel singer. "She got to know me for me and I got to know her for her. Contemporary soul vocalist. For example: 7*x^2. Later he formed aband calledBent along with his sister and cousin and released a self-titled album which was a big hit. Quite a number of African American vocal performers in the last years of the twentieth century avoided the dominant urban genre of hip-hop, turning instead to the " old school " sounds of classic R&B and soul music of the 1970s and early 1980s. Find tour dates and live music events for all your favorite bands and artists in your city. Your email address will not be published. Eric Bent's Career In 1992, Eric signed with Warner Bros. Records and released his self-titled debut album in 1996.