I was perfectly fine with that.. Hayes lets out a deep sigh, as Yancy hands him a folder of more photos. I mean, I can make assumptions like everyone else, she said about what happened to her a year ago. The ceiling fan circles on high speed. I wouldnt trade it for anything.. I love you and the boys.. Do you understand that? And that's all I needed, so I was on cloud nine.". They were becoming estranged, and when something h. "That was when approximately 24 minutes into the conversation, his demeanor changed and everything flipped," she recalled. I took him in like hes my own. She alleged that he refused to return her belongings. But she doesnt buy it and said she had every reason to live. Boynton: Ask Jessica, I was so scared to come to work every day. Jessica Boynton Organizer Campton, NH Created May 15, 2021 Medical Report fundraiser Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help Easy Donate quickly and easily. Jul 2010 - Oct 20155 years 4 months. So, I'm trying to hurry and get back home just to make sure that nothing's going to happen to them.. Boynton: Because every time I did, it was always 1179 or 1022 to 42 come up here. It was always something. It should concern any and everybody, Lester warned. [I miss] getting to see them every day and getting to watch them grow more and more into the boys and men that they're going to be someday, Jessica said sobbing, in an interview in 2016. It's gone, he said. The air is thick with the trepidation, as officers approach the locked closet. Her bright blues eyes glisten as they well with emotion. (WATCH THE FULL INTERROGATION VIDEO WITH MATTHEW BOYNTON, BELOW.). Boynton Beach Police Department. He grabs his police radio, stationed on top of the white microwave in the kitchen charging, and puts his phone on the counter. jessica boyington. Dr. Vernon Henderson, chief of Trauma and Critical Care at Atlanta Medical Center was on-call the morning Jessica came in and treated her for the next month while she was in the hospital. He was charged with 2 felonies, and ended up losing his job as a police officer over it. Now almost 12 months on, Jessica says she is still fighting for justice and . Matthew, get your phone. jboynton@law.du.edu (303) 871-6138 (Office) 115 Professional Biography Jessica Boynton is the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs at Denver Law. However, a local newspaper reporter and publisher, Sheila Matthews, with The Grip, found a copy on file with the magistrate courtone floor directly below the Spalding County District Attorneys office. Latest News Stories. ft. townhouse is a 2 bed, 2.0 bath unit. Shes like a sister to me, Browning says, her voice quivering. Stay outside.10-4, Matthew says, audibly crying. She's even fighting with EMS, dude, the fellow officer tells Matthew. Jessica is alive today, but due to the traumatic head injury, she is not capable of recalling the events leading up to the injury. Did you not know you had the bag?, Boynton: Im sorry, my minds running. Police find and verify Jessica is alive at the scene, and she is rushed to the ER. He was the kind of boyfriend, she said, who left I love you Post-It notes plastering her locker with roses hidden inside. I dont want to lose my kids, man. A red and black composition notebook, which is usually carefully tucked under a pile of clothes inside her closet, has been left on top of some folded clothes. [Its] just retaliation. Internships . But Jessica Boynton, 34, was excited for Thanksgiving. Officer Robert Brian Jones is also dispatched to the Ashford Way apartment building. Per the report, GBI investigators never conducted a re-canvass of the apartment complex, and did not talk with the immediate next door neighbor for four and a half months, despite reports from other residents that they heard a single gunshot hours earlier than the officers call claiming shots had been fired. RALEIGH, N.C. Single mother Jessica Boynton tried online dating in May 2016 after a bad break-up that left her reeling. Dr. Jessica L. Buicko is a general surgeon in Boynton Beach, Florida and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Baptist Health Bethesda Hospital East and West and JFK. I guess someone got it from my garage and my shed.. But when the only one person who calls it in, hears a gunshot around 1 oclock, but nobody else does? The shooting occurred on the evening of April 14, 2016. Email. I should have turned it in, but not only because Im a cop, but I shouldnt have because it was Jessicas. Born. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has closed the case ruling it a suicide, despite the fact that people don't usually commit suicide by firing at their head twice, missing both shots, and then resort to smashing themselves on the head. They're saying it was self-inflicted, she said. The ceiling fans light shines down on Jessicas eyes. "Police department!" Matthew returned to full duty with a new service weapon in his holster at the beginning of June. This year, the Action News Mornings Awards is all about you - the 6abc viewer! She received her Bachelor's Degree from Rowan University in Communications, specializing in Radio, TV and Film.. I would have took care of it I would have gotten the bag back to her. We were happy then.. Also known as: Ms Jessica G Smith . Jessica jerks, grabbing his arm with her left hand, while her other arm falls to the ground. I mean, I'm sure there's a plausible explanation to it without trying to come up with some sort of, you know, theory that, 'Oh, he has to be here in the kitchen answering these text messages.'". Address History. Take care of Tollin and Tyler Please tell them I love them everyday. Ill tell you later.. And I could have been the next target.. She said that she asked him to bring the boys over so that she could see them and her belongings. The GBI didnt report finding any blood spatter on the closet wall. Three weeks later, Jessica wakes up believing its the next day. After you got on the radio and you were outside communicating on the radio, you never went back in to actually check, check on the kids, the agent questioned Matthew about once he removed himself from the apartment. Because I have no need to keep her stuff., Boynton Yes, the bag that Jessica let me use to put all my gym stuff in when we used to be together.. Find Jessica Lynn Mckeown's address, phone number, email, photos, and social media accounts. Jessica Boyington May 30, 1985. The ambulance pulls away with Jessica in critical condition, to the fire station located on Carver Road, where the medical helicopter picks her up and takes her to an Atlanta hospitalan hour away. Like, how hours after the shooting, the phone was put into an evidence bag, sealed and logged into GBI evidence, it was still calling Matthew's girlfriend. You know and what he what he put on Facebook.. Police found Jessica Boynton in the closet of her home with a gunshot wound to the head, and a police issued firearm in her hand. Holding him for the first time was true love, she said, her eyes welling up with joy. Because it's like you never fully get the truth, Lester said. Patricia Boynton Suche erweitern Dieser Button zeigt den derzeit ausgewhlten Suchtyp an. One of about 70 messages they exchange throughout the night. This story has been shared 130,224 times. She has previously worked with various News Channels and has also participated in a beauty pageant. He reads another text from his girlfriend, while driving 90 mph. One thing she is sure of, is that she did not shoot herself. Which is very off that this happened, because I never, ever had any thoughts like this before. Matthew leaves for Waffle House for a late-night food run with on-duty cop and best friend, Officer Joshua Guthrieleaving his service weapon, a Glock .40, at home, in its holster and in the closet. Matthew claims this was around 1 a.m, but the neighbors will tell a story of hearing gunshots at 11 p.m. Jessica has earned a lot as a journalist. Jessica Boynton, a 19-year-old mother of two young boys, was discovered April 15, 2016, with a bullet in her head lying in a pool of blood in a locked wardrobe closet inside the Griffin, Georgia, home she shared with Officer Matthew Boynton, police said. He cautiously went into the residence to try to make sure that the children were OK. It's like some of my family they hear all these people say, Oh I think he did it and it was planned. It's like I tell them, they make it twice as bad because I'm a cop, Matthew said. Learn more about this 2 bed, 2 bath, 1260 Sq. That's right. Especially because of my children. After Jones pushes the gun away from underneath Jessicas body, placing it inside the bedroom, he and Officer Josh Howell move Jessica from the closet to the bedroom floor next to the foot of her bed so that EMS can begin working on her. ", Following that phone call, Mathews, perceiving that she was threatened, called the GBIs director of professional standards to file a formal complaint and to gain clarity about what he meant by, Were gonna have a problem.. Three-alarm fire damages multiple apartment units, Dallas officials say I dont know, maybe if I thought if I brought it up here I was gonna get fired and whatever, I dont know man. Its a date that changed her familys life forever. I don't know, he said. One of her aunts is all over Facebook., GBI agent said, The bullet didn't even enter the skull. The work in this case is sloppy, and appears as if Mathew was let off the line too easily due to his work as a police officer, and the fact the the county sheriff so happened to be his granddad. He raced out of his house fearing for his life and called in backup. Theyre re slit open while her head flops from side to side on the beige carpet, as one female EMS works on her. Collectively, they examine the bullets trajectories from the closet, into the bedroom wall and ceiling. Around. Boynton Beach, Florida, United States. Shes not just keeping her babies close, but also her faith. But this wasnt the end of Jessicas story, rather a new beginningbut not the one she was hoping for. GSW, possible to the head. And things are looking up. He knew exactly what he was doing. That youre in possession of., Hayes: The bag was turned into us. Man, look, she's still breathing. Thats the last thing the 19-year-old remembers. . A fence separates their house from an open field, where nine cows and. This was potentially a lie. What are my kids going to do? he pleaded, his voice cracking with emotion. There were two bullets, on different walls inside the closet. Which I knew that.. Traffic Tickets. 11Alive reached out to Officer Matthew Boynton, however, phone calls were not returned. The 22-year-old mother of two said she doubts that her ex-husband will pay for anything hes done to her. Jessica was still in a coma with a traumatic brain injurytubes stemming from her brain to alleviate pressure and fluid. Matthew and Jessicas two sons are still inside. Share This: Share Fall 2023 - Embedded Engineering Co-Op (Boynton Beach, FL) on Twitter Share Fall 2023 - Embedded Engineering Co-Op (Boynton Beach, FL) on Linkedin Share Fall 2023 - Embedded Engineering Co-Op (Boynton Beach, FL) on Facebook; Copy Link; Posted on: January 26, 2023 Apply Now. Jessicas shoulder-length, blonde hair is saturated in crimson. She thought he was a little full of himself, but nice. Im so young and stupid., Hayes: You know, doing the right thing, regardless. That's right. Shes the one who obtained Lesters bag from the officers storage room, so Sanders could turn it in. !" They just took his word because he was a copwhich yeah, youre supposed to be able to trust cops. Boynton was cleared in the shooting by the GBI. An officer tries to console his grieving coworker. Matthew claims he received a text from Jessica stating she was going to commit suicide. I can't keep doing this.. I wouldnt jeopardize that over a bag. I am asking all of you to help me get justice for Jessica by signing this petition. VIEW FULL REPORT . "What you're saying to me, that's not, you know, I don't see anything he did wrong by saying that," Fred Mays told Mathews. Jessica's grandparents live on two hundred acres of farmland in Pike County, a twenty-five-minute drive from her apartment. She had met with a divorce attorney and was getting everything in order for her and her boys. I was looking for a job and I finally found one. That Jersey Girl on Philly TV. He assigns another officer to standby at the door until the rest of the apartment is cleared. Im strong because I have two little people who depend on me, she said. She ranked in 16th place. The importance here is that, if Matthew lied under oath about this, what else has he lied about? They hoist her inside. the GBI agent posed a return question. Her sons colorful, plastic toys clutter the front porch, where an American flag waves proudly amidst the blue sky filled with plush, white clouds. That piece of evidence was a photo showing Matthew's cell phone next to the microwave inside the apartment. Others who know the couple say that Jessica wanted a divorce and that Matthew was cheating on her. But right from the start, police were investigating Sanders. Four days later, he appeared in court, wearing his police uniform, and testified that he had been cleared by the GBI in a custody hearing. Police and Officer Boynton claimed that Jessica tried to kill herself but after Jessica awoke from her coma weeks later, she fingered her husband as the culprit despite having no memory of the incident. Tollin is chatting up a storm; hes a runner and always on the go, she said. 968 following. The agent asked her if she had ever held her husbands service weapon. Jessica was neither dead nor shot in the head. Then-Griffin Police officer Matthew Boynton was arrested on July 28, 2017 for giving a false statement to his own department about having possession of a gym bag full of clothes, underwear and dental retainer belonging to his now-former wife, Jessica Lester, who at the time was in a coma fighting for her lifea bag she had packed, with plans of taking their two young boys and leaving him. The babys muffled cry echoes, getting louder as the officers sweep their guns back and forth, searching for the shooter. Uh, just my service weapon, he responds. Her faith keeps her strong. Do you know what this is? My kids. To text back long story I'll tell you later.. SI7- 1240 a5/24u \ Ol CRIMINAL ARREST WARRANT 2240 ioe d Warrant Nos (-28T= V4 #1 GPD CASE #: 16-015415 cms THE STATE Address: 368W. The only reason he got temporary custody was because nobody bothered to look into what happened further than they did, Jessica said in a recent interview. We heard something and said 'what was that', recalls Browning. A decade after making her big-screen debut in Miss Potter in 2006, Lucy Boynton landed her breakout role in Sing Street. While she places a blood pressure sleeve around her arm, an officer stands over her, shining a flashlight on Jessicas face, revealing that its covered in blood. With a baby in tow, she wrapped up high school from home, earning her diploma in May 2015. Poplar Streot ag wha ere Grif, GA'30228 per vs sisi 254-98-5074 @120)!7 Race: W. Sox: Male DOB: 12/28/1995 Matthew Lee Boynton Hat. Her condition.. Prior to joining 6ABC Action News in Philadelphia, she worked at NBC10 in Pennsylvania as a Weekday morning traffic reporter. It was amazing. Matthew reads a text from Lt. Curtis Keys, look for police car.He responds to Keys, Trammel is here.. Once the investigation was closed, reporter and publisher, Sheila Mathews, investigated the shooting for her newspaper,The Grip. Jessica Boynton, a young mother and officer's wife, is found bleeding in her closet from a severe head wound--her husband's service weapon is underneath her . A phone that text messages were sent and received to/from following his recollection of hearing, POP-POP! and running out of the apartment. View this post on Instagram Here's my brand new ACTION NEWS head shot! Once the scene is secure, investigator Misty Gresham checks on Tollin, whos sleeping, and Tyler, who is awake and still crying in his cribboth unharmed. Police investigate further and find a gun underneath Jessicas seemingly lifeless body. Sanders also showed investigators a cell phone video recorded by Boyntons new girlfriend. Join now to see all activity Experience A year and a half after Tollin arrived, Tyler was born. EDITOR'S NOTE: If you are viewing this in our app, click this link to view full story. Is that true?, Hayes: Is there anything youd like to say?, Hayes: Do you believe that statement to be accurate and true?. The agent continues to interview Matthew, whos wearing a red hoodie, asking him if the clothes he was wearing were the ones he was wearing the entire night. provided images. Ferez-vous la mme chose. Just one minute later, Matthew calls 911, reaching Spalding County dispatch. Boynton begins to cry as he talks about his children. You know that., Boynton: No matter where I go now Im not really gonna get a good job now, but.. Example video title will go here for this video. I told you I come to work every day scared. You know that., Boynton: Yes sir. Hayes: Yes or no: When you moved from the apartment?, Boynton: When I moved, like I said, I had all my stuff in the white trailer., Hayes: Matthew, thats not what Im asking. The quiet is broken when the baby begins to mumble from the other room. Making his way outside, seconds later, he calls for assistance over his radio. Shocking bodycam footage released Monday on 11Alive.com shows the cops entering the Boyntons home with guns drawn and shining flashlights in darkened hallways. After leaving the bus, the chefs lined up in front of their own duffel bags, and as the Drill Sargent was barking out orders, a tank pulled up behind him, and Ramsay came . Investigators in Atlanta have always known who shot successful Atlanta businesswoman Diane McIver in Sept. 2016and so did she. He gets out of the shower and repeatedly asks her for his phone, but she refuses, until he admits to her that he is cheating on her. He said that he didn't have anything None of it, she said. https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/04/27/behind-the-closet-door-crime-watch-daily-investigates-the-jessica-boynton-case/. Eventually she caves and gets into the truck with her boys and heads home. Darlene Correll Living in 11901 Acme Dairy Road Boynton Beach Florida, Phone: 561-736-9151, Email: dondee218@webtv.net, Relatives: Available. I mean you can't prove that," DeMarco. [Im] gonna have to kick that door in Jones relays to the other officers standing on the other side of the closet, barreling through it in just two swift and deliberate kicks. And for her, she said, its been the best decision shes ever made. Going through the photos, item by item, Hayes points to the evidence. If his wife, Matthews attorney continued, was capable of attempting to take her own life, theres a chance that she might do something to their children. Laura Aubuchon Living in 3788 Patrician Circle Boynton Beach Florida, Phone: 561-860-0848, Email: lauraaubuchon@yahoo.com, Relatives: Available. My friends and I have now made this a regular lunch stop, and thank Tiffany the bartender for turning this place into our "Cheers'". According to sources her net worth has been estimated at around $761,925. The case appeared to be a simple case of suicide. He's gotten away with everything so far, said the petite, blue-eyed blonde. Powerful Send help right to the people and causes you care about. They find a gun under her, and there is blood pooling around her head from what they assume to be a gunshot wound to the head. You know that, Hayes tells Boynton following his admission of guilt. Lesters shooting eventually was ruled a suicideeven though her doctor at Atlanta Trauma Center would question that rulingand the couple divorced. John Hayes, in an interrogation room. The phone records were never verified, and thus the text messages were never authenticated. It sends [the message] that if you do something wrong, don't worry we've got your back, Lester concluded. Charlotte Knights giving back to the community Jessica, on a few occasions, hit and slapped him, he tells the GBI. The hot Georgia sun peeks past the flag as it whips back and forth in the gentle breeze. But she never takes him outside. If I could have been there 10 minutes earlier I could have jumped in front of the gun and try to get it from her man., Where did she shoot herself at? These days, Boynton, now 20, is living life quietly with her two young sons in the country, off a barely one lane dirt road, about an hour from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. Matthew sends another text to his girlfriend, a Spalding County dispatcher: Give me a few. Just to embarrass me., Basically, what the chief wanted, was for me to be quiet and to shut up.. Her head shaved. Jessica Boynton was just 19 years old when she was found inside a locked closet with a gunshot wound to her head. Matthew, 20, is in the shower, using his cell phone, when Jessica walks into the bathroom. I got rid of everything I knew of., Yancy: Through the course of that move, did you find anything that belonged to her at that point?, Boynton: No, because if I had I would have turned it over to her. Jessica also answers to Jessica Gabrielle Kopf and Jessica G Kopf, and perhaps a couple of other names. 48 min PLAY Jessica Boynton Forensic Tales True Crime Requires subscription and macOS 11.4 or higher #159 - In April 2016, Jessica Boynton, the wife of a Griffin police officer, was found with a gunshot wound to the head inside her apartment. Photos | Jessica and Matthew Boynton wedding. Matthew brought her sons for a visit. Im telling you, sarge, if Id thought about it then, I would have said something., Hayes: But you knew you had the bag. Warm Presidents' Day before showers arrive Tuesday Matthew makes it home, jumps out of his truck, races through the breezeway of his apartment building and bolts up the stairs. 10222 Pine Dr , Boynton Beach, FL 33437-1306 is a townhouse unit listed for-sale at $249,900. On July 11, 2018, the grand jury decides not to indict Boynton on the charges, making a false statement and violation of oath by public office. My life without Matthew. It was hard for her to choose, but Jessica Boyington has picked her top six dishes of 2021. Honestly, I have no idea. Court Records. Matthew Boynton written statement to Griffin Police. More Information on this Page. And based on the totality of circumstances, all the facts and circumstances, all the forensics, and the conclusion of the case, as well as the GBI's and the district attorney's recommendation, is no, he did not cause her injuries, Yates concluded in an interview with 11Alive for "Trigger: Who shot the officer's wife.". Guthrie calls Matthew and they chat for two minutes. Matthew has told the bureaus investigators that his relationship with Jessica was strained and that he had a girlfriend. And the second bullet went up at 25-degree upward angle 110 off the floor. I didnt try to wash my hands, anything, because I knew GSR and all that would be involved.. I know that we got into an argument, but that's about all," she said, not remembering much of what had happened on April 15. But according to Mathews, that was not the last number dialed, so it could not have just been a redial accidently called through the evidence bag. In a letter to Jessicas attorney, dated June 10, Henderson questioned the finding that Jessicas head injury was a self-inflicted gunshot wound, indicating that there was no investigation conducted by authorities at the hospital. While sifting through pages and pages of the report, a GBI evidence photo caught her attention, including the GBI writing an official letter closing the case, deeming Jessica's "death" as a "suicide.". That phone never got back into the officer's hand. Jessica G Smith from Boynton Beach, FL. Im not trying to make one for myself., Boynton: I know Im obviously not an employee anymore. On the bus ride to Hell's Kitchen, the chefs were expecting to arrive at the restaurant, the bus instead pulled up to an army base. I didnt, I didnt, I didnt try to brush off anything. He was arrested and today, is no longer on the force. Latest News Stories. They're my everything. No bullet fragments were recovered from her head. While she was fighting for her life, she said, Boynton took a bag of her belongingsthat bag she had packed to leave him. That make it hurt property. It's possible, but I mean it's very doubtful, because he's never hurt me before. I mean he makes no bones about it. Five days after his wife had been shot, Matthew talked with the GBI again. Boynton: It looks like Jessicas old retainer thingy that she had when we were together., Hayes: The bag was completely filled with female clothes..