Alexandra is a freelance writer based in Montreal. Similar to the good deeds he does near the end of his life, telling this story helps become part of the catharsis he needs in finding his true self beneath the scumbag he was for all those years. Or maybe the player can find some hidden, long-forgotten, natural treatment in the wilds of the open world? In the same way, Arthur's physical decay can be seen as the degradation of the gang's strength. View After a fight, Adler and Marston have Micah at gunpoint, only for Dutch to appear with weapons aimed at both. complete answer on reddead.fandom.com, View Even if you win, the characters involved lose, especially since many of them end up dying in Red Dead Redemption, which takes place chronologically after the sequel. Simply put, you, Arthur Morgan, can not pick up a prostitute. So you get all guns and outfits, some valuables, but lose all provisions and tonics. Falling from great heights is also deadly. I heard that atsome point in the game, we lose all of our money and possibly other possessions (can someone clarify this?) The 10 Best Open-World Games [March 2023], Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold over 50 million units lifetime, VG247's The Best Games Ever Podcast Ep.11: Best game that you were ridiculously hyped for as a teen, VG247's The Best Games Ever Podcast Ep.10: Best game that is really bad, VG247's The Best Games Ever Podcast Ep.9: Best game with balls that isn't a sports game, Rockstar confirms what everyone suspected: Red Dead Online won't be getting any major new content. The Irish wild card of the Van der Linde is saved from the government early on, only to take an errant bullet in Chapter 3. Copyright 2023 Gamer Network Limited, a ReedPop company. What does white smoke from a diesel mean? It comes down to Arthur and John in a pitched shootout with Dutch's gang and the Pinkertons. Due to Arthur beating up Thomas Downes, who has Tuberculosis, under Leopold Strauss orders, while Arthur held him up against the fence, Downes coughs on him, which causes him to receive Tuberculosis. Micah uses the surprise to take Sadie hostage, while John tries to convince Dutch that siding with Micah is the wrong play. Arthur bottling up the deaths of Eliza and Isaac is reminiscent ofJohn Marston's refusal to talk about Arthur's sacrifice with his family during a later conversation. Honest, hard-working Americans were mostly unable to prosper during this time. I don't give a sh*t about Arthur and I don't give a sh*t about John, and I don't give a sh*t about little Jack, but you goddamned sonsabitches took mah horse! If Arthur had high honor when he died, then players will find the grave adorned with flowers and in pristine shape. Despite it being in the title, death is not the end in Red Dead Redemption 2. If players put effort into making Arthur a good man with their actions throughout the game, it will be reflected not only in the final moments of his life but also afterwards in the memory of NPCs. The pair end up having a knife fight in the camp, with Micah gaining the upper hand and stabbing Arthur. The sheer amount of content gives the game great value. There are no cheats to allow play as Arthur, so there is no way to continue playing as him unless you revert to an earlier save. which alamo defender was a former congressman from tennessee [email protected] However, Javier is shot in the leg while trying to Arthur and Charles try to save him, but ultimately he dies from mortal wounds. If your horse is in hearing distance, you can whistle twice by tapping Up on the D-pad and your horse should come right back to you. But some of my valuables have disappeared, all the sellable only jewellery has gone, craftable jewellery remained, a change cup, 4 gold bars went too. There ain't no forgivin' that", It was useful for 100% completion when you were having to travel back and forth across the country. There are emaciated, burnt bodies wherever you go. If you're on the low end of the Honor meter, Arthur states that both he and Bell are horrible people. You can also find Jonah on Looper, where he writes about his favorite TV and Movies. Outside of simply stopping game progress, though, theres no RDR2 tuberculosis cure. After dumping dozens of hours into Red Dead Redemption 2's main story and subsequent epilogues, it'd be understandable if you zoned out or skipped the end credits sequence - but seeing the names. Dutch kills Micah as a means not just to get revenge - but as a way of finding redemption for himself, and maybe finding some sort of closure. So my White Arabian from Isabella Lake just died. Try to complete all side quests available in chapters 2-6 before you reach the epilogue. With Arthur- Dutch and Micah want to keep riding with their money, but Arthur and Sadie go to save Abigail, refusing to let Jack grow up as an orphan. Okay so definitely get the special outfits before the end of the main story. Now, not much is known about his younger days, but he seemed to have developed a grudge against Southerners because of his father's death. Your actions do have an impact on how he dies but you cant prevent his demise. Right after Dutch leaves Arthur to die in the attack on the oil refinery, Eagle Flies swoops in and manages to save him from getting stabbed in the chest. Everything you need pelts to craft with Pearson during the story can be purchased for cash from the trapper after the story, except the special outfits. At this point in the game, Arthur is in the later stages of his tuberculosis. Even worse is how Dutch treats the Marstons, who are family to him. And its made even more tragic by the fact that Arthur dies alone. You lose everything at the end of the main story but get your guns back after Epilogue 1 and all your money and more back after Epilogue 2. Sadie and Charles both left the country during the credits. In this Red Dead Redemption 2 spoiler FAQ, we'll . Sean is the first real character death in Red Dead Redemption 2, getting shot in the head while the crew is walking through the town of Rhodes. He'll lose weight, become pale, and cough much more often. There's treasure maps, and dinosaur bones. He encourages John Marston to take his wife and son and run away from the gang for their safety. Do this before the point of no return mission "Our Best Selves". It's easy to miss on the first playthrough, but most (if not all) players will likely notice the exact moment Arthur comes into contact with the disease the second time through. If the player has low honor, Arthur is directly betrayed by Dutch and killed by Micah, either by being stabbed or shot. There is, however, a loophole involved with avoiding Arthur's succumbing to tuberculosis, even if it's not exactly a cure. Arthur and his horse die A young woman in love with Dutch, Molly dies in the game's fifth chapter. John starts fresh right in the middle of the honor scale. How do I complete the Mission "Honor, Amongst Thieves"? I lost all my herbs, my perfect rat, and a few birds as well at the end of everything. Over a million people still die annually of tuberculosis today. The most prominent example of this is the gang's leader, Dutch, whose moral and mental decay over time causes him to lead the gang toward danger and even betray some of his closest supporters. After Arthur dies and players take control of John Marston, Arthur's grave can be visited in the Red Dead Redemption 2 overworld. He'sno longer acting vile to everyone, and his interactions become much more pleasant. The doctor can't even bear to say the word "die," but even Arthur probably knew before he walked in that whatever he had would kill him - and for good reason. When Sadie Adler and Arthur rescue John, Dutch rebukes them, despite wanting Arthur to free both Micah Bell and Sean MacGuire earlier in the game. 20 grand was barely enough for me to spend on, and that was without buying even one piece of clothing for John. How are you spending so much money? There are legendary gunslingers, whom you can duel for notoriety. Can you find Arthur's body in rdr2? If players stop participating in story missions before Arthur dies, he'll technically keep on yee-hawing for as long as the player desires. Growing up as the stereotypical gamer, Jonah absorbed everything he could about his favorite video games until adulthood came knocking. Maybe Arthur can beat the odds and overcome the disease with his inexhaustible reservoir of grit and rough-cut masculinity? The biggest change in New Austin between the two games is the town of Tumbleweed, which is still populated with townsfolk and amenities but slowly becoming a ghost town. Does Arthurs horse have to die? Youll have to fight Micah in the cave but unfortunately, that ends in a draw. If Arthur died with low honor, then his grave will appear in rough shape when players eventually find it. It's after the second part. 2022 - 2023 Times Mojo - All Rights Reserved The most iconic quote or the final words by Arthur Morgan were I gave you all I had which were also his last words to the Dutch. When I finished chapter 6 I had somewhat around 5k. Once the epilgoue starts go back and get the money behind the picture when you first enter the house and all yourmoney will be there. ", The Ending Of Red Dead Redemption 2 Explained. The biggest news of the day airdropped to your inbox. Dutch ultimately leaves them both, unable to choose between them. You can still get them after, but you need the legendary and perfect pelts to make them just like during the story. How far into the game does this happen, what do we get back and when, and should we wait until after this to actually start hunting treasure to become rich? Bad Ending. Revisit as many of these random encounters as you can. The fact that Jack first met Ross while fishing at a river with Arthur is an excellent callback to where Jack kills him years later. His body is frozen and unburied, and you can pick up his customised revolver. John's death at the end of the first game and Jack's upbringing with the gang in the second result in the lone cowboy we meet in Red Dead Redemption's epilogue. How Red Dead Redemption 2 Remembers Arthur Morgan Post-Story, Even Ubisoft Bows To Rockstar & Red Dead Redemption 2, Star Trek: Picard Season 3 Episode 3 Ending Explained, Spider-Man & Mary Jane's Romance is Officially Over, Sheldon Tries To Deliver Mandys Baby In New Young Sheldon Season 6 Clip. Unfortunately, there is no chance for his survival. You can visit Micah Bell, back at the cabin where you last confronted and killed him. Unfortunately, John keeps resorting to guns for various reasons, resulting in Abigail leaving with Jack since she believes the outlaw gunman in her husband will never die. And now, for something a little bit more morbid. Tilly will even write you a letter, giving you additional information and context particularly about Karen, whom Tilly presumes is dead. Once the epilogue begins, that region is open to you. Your guns - You won't have access to them immediately in the epilogue but you will retrieve them about an hour in. Well, the horses are gone forever: one dies during the last mission of the story campaign, and the stabled ones are apparently freed. Thomas'one cough in Arthur's face would ultimately result in Arthur getting diagnosed with tuberculosis in Chapter 5. 24. arthurmorgan1918 2 days ago. All Arthur horses are Lost. You can also do Sinclair's side missions as John later on during the game's epilogue if you didn't do them as Arthur, which results in asimilar outcomefor Hamish but with different dialogue. If you want to go for the White Arabian wait until the very end but there's a Black one available to buy in Saint Denis that I think is just as cool if not better. Potential spoilers, Viking Helmet/Morion Helmet bulletproof? How do I get the symbol from phone keypad? Saved a lot of time. Can Arthur Morgan Be Cured In Red Dead Redemption 2? They would loot your money. You keep all of the valuables from your satchel, it would be wise to do the gold bar trick before the last mission if you want to start off as John and have a bunch of money because the gold bar glitch doesn't work as John in the epilogue (you get two bars). It's later revealed that he was captured by the Pinkertons and died during the interrogation. John's turn towards bounty hunting to pay off his loans is a grim reminder that the gunslinger inside him is who he truly is, despite his attempts to suppress it for a more wholesome way of life. Kieran Duffy is buried east of Braithwaite Manor and Eagle Flies is north of Bacchus Bridge, on the west side of the river. But Red Dead Redemption 2 is a video game. Wait so you never got things back that were inventory, but you got all of your gold bars back after the prologue? There will also be an eagle sitting on top of the grave. In a struggle with Milton, Arthur is losing until Abigail shoots Milton in the head. Why Do Cross Country Runners Have Skinny Legs? You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest.