", Shutterstock; Inset: Courtesy of Siohvaughn Funches/Instagram. The minor child is fifteen and one-half years old, wrote Funches in the documents obtained by The Blast. When he came home, I told him as much. Dwyane Wade fires back at ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches over Zaya gender and name change criticism. Dwyane Wade is hitting back. Siohvaughn, who deadnames her daughter in the filing, claims to have concerns that (Dwyane) may be pressuring our child to move forward with the name and gender change in order to capitalize on the financial opportunities that he has received from companies. Dwyane, responded on Instagram by saying he was very disappointed in his ex-wifes actions. 'Very few people know how hard this has been on me,' Wade writes. 'We know what happened to Dwyane without his mom in his life and how he turned to my family.'. Siohvaughn Funches is the ex-wife of Dwyane Wade, known publicly for his basketball achievements. Its not a word that I use, she told We Can Do Hard Things podcast host Glenn Doyle. But the actress had already stepped into motherhood years prior. The couple remained married until August 2007, when D-Wade separated. First off, her parents divorced when the girl was only three years old. Her ex-husband, Dwyane Wade, has a net worth of more than $120 million.According to various online resources, the average salary of a public speaker is $20,000, while the average salary of a Christian . ". In fact, many of them lately like to show off, 40/ 40Cardi Bs dream mansion in Atlanta rap-up.com After two years of house hunting Cardi B, 55/ 55Sean Penn $70,000,000 via bz-berlin.de Sean is a dinosaur in Hollywood, but he manages. ', Mummy's boy: Zion, who is now five, grins with his mother during a visit. Siohvaughn Funches is an American author, public speaker, and counselor, who is best known as the ex-wife of former professional basketball player Dwyane Wade. 'There were so many things that were so serious, like other women. She said there has been incident after incident of her ex-husband keeping the children from her at one point even sending them to Illinois when she was about to fly to Florida to see them in July. She added that she also has no opinion on his relationship with actress Gabrielle Union, who at 39, is almost 10 years his senior. 'Not seeing their mother could have a very negative effect,' Siohvaughn continued. So don't freak," she continued. 'When my lawyer called, I knew it was bad news but I begged him to tell me. Here's everything to know about Siohvaughn Funches-Wade. That was when he first met Siohvaughn Funches-Wade, the woman who would eventually become . In 2021, Union opened up about being labeled as a stepparent. Moreover, Siohvaughn even launched the podcast Faith Comes by Hearing in 2019 where she shared details from her personal life and the wisdom that she had earned throughout her life. "While it certainly would have been preferable for Zaya's mother to be supportive of this important part of Zaya's journey, Zaya should not be forced to put her life on hold while she waits for Siohvaughn to acknowledge and accept her truth," read the documents. I lost sight of some of my values. Siohvaughn Funches is a Parental Coordinator, Arbitrator, and Mediator at The Mediation Matters Firm, LLC. News of the ruling came through just hours after Siohvaughn had kissed her sons goodbye as they boarded a plane for their fortnightly trip to Miami. I can't describe what it felt like to speak to them after 30 days. It's my belief that that was happening. Needed: Wade acknowledges in his book that Siohvaughn, pictured with Zion, is a fantastic mother, Together: Siohvaughn, pictured with her sons and Nadgee left and with Zion right, said Wade has made it hard for her to see her boys - and faces no punishment if he does not keep to court orders, Happy: The boys live full time with their father in Miami and Wade covers the cost of their mother's trips, 'I was seduced, too. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. AceShowbiz - Born in Chicago, Funches is the daughter of Frank and Darlene Funches. The settlement also includes a "non-disparage" agreement in which each party . It led to a nearly four-year battle for custody of their sons, Separation: The couple, pictured in 2007 months before their divorce, were torn apart by the pressures of money and fame, Siohvaugn said, adding she felt like her husband had died, Stepping up: Wade was granted sole custody in March 2011 - two weeks before they were pictured with his teammate LeBron James (R) and tennis players Kei Nishhikori (L) and Rafael Nadal. Her degree Siohvaughn got from the University of Phoenix. In a recent interview for HelloBeautiful, Union, 50, rehashed how figuring out her role in the childrens lives came with a learning curve. 'There was no car he couldve bought me at that point that could have made up for the disrespect. Zaya Wade has not publicly commented on the legal battle between dad Dwyane Wade and mom Siovaughn Funches-Wade over her ability to legally change her name. Ima Need Daddy to Stick to Basketball: Fans Jokingly Criticize Dwyane Wades Hairstyling Skills After Kaavia James Returns from School with Unkept Hair, The Lion King Doesnt Cover This Part: Gabrielle Union Gets Real About Having The Talk With Her Four-Year-Old After Seeing Animals Mating During a Trip to Africa, People Really Felt AngerListen to the Whole Thing: Gabrielle Union Hits Back at Naysayers Who Slammed Her Justifying Cheating on Her First Husband Because She Was the Breadwinner. This wise and savvy entrepreneur owns her own real estate investment firm, which provides hotel-style rentals for business executives as well as vacation rentals for families on the coast. "I struggled on how much I wanted to talk about in the doc," he said. Read also. I worried that they would think I wanted them to go away. The 40-year-old athlete pushed back after ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches-Wade objected to a court petition to block their 15-year-old trans daughter Zaya 's attempt to . After the alleged incidents, she moved from their home in Miami back to live with her mother in Chicago, she said. Kids make you feel that much better. Funches-Wade responded to Wade on her blog. Siohvaughn Funches, Dwayne Wade ex wife, is a motivational speaker and author. Siohvaughn Funches (Also known as : Dwyane Wade Wife Ex) Divorced. ", Wade filed a second petition to legally change Zaya's name on Nov. 28, 2022. The further I got into that lifestyle, the further I got away from God. She warned, You will never, ever I dont care if the other parent is dead you will never be able to replace the other parent. In a 2001 interview with The Advocate, he discussed his . Besides this, she also has a stable flow of income through her Counselling practices. 6/19/2014 11:09 AM PT. Wade's ex-wife, Siovaughn Funches-Wade, is being charged by both Wade and Illinois' Cook County police with a pair of misdemeanors following her handling of the former couple's children over the . This court finds that [Siohvaughn Wade] has embarked on an unstoppable and relentless pattern of conduct for over two years to alienate the children from their father, and lacks either the ability or the willingness to facilitate, let alone encourage, a close and continuing relationship between them, Judge Renee G. Goldfarb wrote in a portion of the ruling, per ESPN. I knew that when I married him, I was married to them, said Union. Not only to myself, but more importantly to my children, who are as human, and subject to hurt and pain, as all other children, despite any lifestyle that they have been afforded," she wrote. After accusing Gabrielle Union of "stealing" her ex-husband Dwyane Wade, Siohvaughn Funches filed a $50,000 lawsuit against Union. 'It was at that time a very meaningful relationship, a very loving one. Atlanta Black Star is a narrative company. Her fame spread like wildfire when she filed for a divorce in 2007. . Siohvaughn Funches. In case of height, Siohvaughn is In Centimetres 167 cm, In Feet and Inches 5 6 tall. Fourteen-year-old Zaya Wade has a firm understanding of the role that mental health plays in her life. ', Family: The decision came even though a custody evaluator noted the boys had a strong support system with their mother in Chicago, including her best friend Nadgee, pictured left, Together: Siohvaughn holds her youngest son, Zion, who was born a year before the divorce, 'There was a supportive family for the children [in Chicago],' he said. He is married to actress Gabrielle Union at the moment, and although they have had their own fair share of success and troubles, Wade's first marriage to Siohvaughn Funches was the worst relationship of his life.. Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union look like the perfect couple at the . She filed a petition in 2022 to stop Zaya from changing her . Siohvaughn Funches-Wade High school sweethearts Siohvaughn and Dwyane Wade married one year before Dwyane was drafted into the NBA in 2003. Siohvaughn and D. Wade married . Funches-Wade has penned two books: The True Story for God's Glory: The Life of Siohvaughn L. Funches-Wade, published in 2016, and You Gotta Let God Finish!, published in 2018. Siohvaughn Funches is an American public speaker, author, and counselor. In an interview with Time in 2020, Wade and Union praised Zaya's authenticity, with Union revealing that Zaya "has freedom to be exactly who she is, who she was born to be, to be her . Siohvaughn Funches has two children with Dwayne Wade. I could break down at that moment or I could say, "God help me". 'When [NBA commissioner] David Stern called his name, that changed everything,' she said. Lo and behold, this is our Top 60 of celebrities that have been caught smoking or, Celebrities dont always wear makeup anymore. In June 2012, she was arrested and charged with attempted child abduction after not returning her two children to Wade following visitation (the charges were later dropped). While Im on a life-changing trip in our motherland, Africa, Ive received a social media post about me forcing our 15 year old child to be someone shes not and to do something against her will. Siohvaughn Funches (born: 6th September 1981, Age: 41 years old) is an American public speaker, Christian counselor, author, and businesswoman from Chicago. As previously reported by theGrio, Funches-Wade claimed that Dwyane, her former husband, is "positioned to profit" from the change and that he "may be pressuring" their child.. Funches' net worth is estimated to be over $100,000 as of 2019. ', Happier times: Wade and Siohvaughn are pictured in Hollywood, California in 2006 - a year before their divorce. But, before that, they had lived together. 'Dwyane was on Oprah [in July] expressing how he gets excited when the children get to see their mom,' she said. This is a kid who has maintained a 4.0 GPA in honors classes while navigating all this unsolicited and harmful attention and debates about her gender and sexuality from those who are committed to not listening to her, much less even knowing her. 5 things to know about Wade's ex-wife: Funches and Wade met as teenagers while growing up in the suburbs of Chicago, the pair were high school sweethearts. They were successful in making that stick. Though the legal proceedings surrounding their split concluded in 2013, the former couple faced off in court once again in 2022 this time with regard to their transgender daughter, Zaya. 'Celebrity had a lot to do with it. Battling on: Siohvaughn was arrested for child abduction in July after she failed to hand the children over, but the charges were later dropped. After they started a family, they moved to a cramped apartment in Marquette, where he was at college. The NBA champ responded to Funches-Wade on Instagram, citing her inability to truly learn who their daughter is. Dr. Siohvaughn L. Funches is a renowned public speaker, professional counselor, published author, and loving mother who is committed to sharing the life-transforming truths of the Gospel of Jesus . He said, the kid "came home and said, 'Hey, so I want to talk to you guys. In 2020, the public speaker and professional athletes daughter, Zaya, publicly came out as transgender. ", Wade's attorney, James B. Pritikin, said at the time, "Ms. Funches has made a mockery of homelessness which is a serious and personal issue for Mr. Wade as his mother was homeless for a period of time when he was a child.". They had a private wedding. She and her husband-to-be Dwyane met at school when the two were in the fifth grade. However, he was never mentioned by name and was noted as the father of her children. Haters blame Siohvaughn for not supporting her son at this important stage of his life, given that even his step-mother already supported Zion. Dazzling career: Wade has been playing with the Miami Heat for nine years, since he was drafted in 2003, 'The way it broke down was heartbreaking,' Siohvaughn said, her voice cracking. She was formerly the wife of National Basketball Association player Dwyane Wade. Siohvaughn doesnt even call him a daughter after everything that happened and keeps equally loving both her sons. When the couple married in 2014, Wade already had three children, Zaire and Zaya, whom he shares with his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches-Wade, and Xavier Zechariah, whom he fathered with Aja Metoyer . The exes have continued the argument on social media: Wade called Funches-Wade an "absent parent," while Funches-Wade claimed she was acting within her "parental right and power. The LinkedIn profile lists that she graduated Magna Cum Lade and that her activities included Law Journal Moot Court Championship Team Best Oralist Award Deans List Award Recipient Cali Excellence for the Future Award Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears Pro Bono Award Excellence in Pro Bono Service Award Pro Bono Distinction Award., Related: That was when he first met Siohvaughn Funches-Wade, the woman who would eventually become his high school girlfriend and first wife. According to the court documents, Funches-Wade claimed Wade did not contact or consult her about Zaya's name change or transition, which violated their custody agreement. Siohvaughn, who has not read the book, said when she found out about it, she 'felt it wasnt necessary. If anything, it would have just been another outlet for him to get to me.'. Introduction : Personal Life, Parents and Family Details : Early Life and Education : Books, Career and Net worth : Fun Facts, Height and Trivia : September 6, 1981. Siohvaughn Funches and Dwyane Wade started dating as teenagers and married one year before the former basketball player entered the NBA draft in 2003 but their . In a recent interview with CBS 2's Suzanne Le Mignot in Chicago, Siohvaughn Funches-Wade discussed life following her divorce from Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade.The two were engaged in a highly contested divorce and custody battle. She doesnt call her son Zaya on social networks. She is now working towards her law degree in Chicago, Helping out: She also has the support of her mother, Darlene Funches, pictured with the boys. We understand your demand. But it had become clear to me that she was going to disregard orders and throw up every and any excuse to keep me from seeing them.'. As a Registered Civil Mediator and Arbitrator with the state of Georgia, she mediates numerous cases for several judges in Georgia. I'd love for you guys to call me Zaya.' I asked him to choose between his family or him and he chose his family.'. According to documents obtained by PEOPLE, Wade called Funches-Wade's objection to the initial petition "libelous" and "nonsensical.". "I've received a social media post about me forcing our 15 year old child to be someone she's not and to do . Now disgraced duke and his family are BANNED from the Buckingham Palace balcony but the Queen 'WILL make a special effort to include Beatrice and Eugenie over Jubilee weekend', Amber Heard describes using make-up and 'super heavy, red matte lipstick' to conceal injuries before appearing on James Corden Late Late Show. We struggled with what people would say about a 12-year-old making a decision about her life, but we also know our child. Her attorney, Brian Hurst, agreed. Two months later, in November, Funches-Wade submitted court documents objecting to the change, alleging that the former NBA star is "positioned to profit" from the name and gender change and expressing concerns that he "may be pressuring" Zaya for financial gain. By the way, she has a Facebook account as well Siohvaughn Funches. During a recent interview, the "Being Mary Jane" actress opened up about the teen's recent name change and the impact it has had on her. She often posted motivational messages on her social media and podcast. The two have been so happy together since school and now are separated for more than 10 years! But she claims the court's leniency towards her ex-husband is not extended to her. But she was happy when he came to her door, she said, and still resents how she lost him to a life of fame and fortune. Definitely. It was devastating.'. Wade was granted the divorce in June 2010, was awarded sole "care, custody and control" of his two children in March 2011 and settled the financial portion of the divorce in July 2013, ESPN reported. From first love to foe. Former NBA star Dwyane Wade called out his ex-wife, Siohvaughn Funches, after she filed a petition attempting to block their daughter Zaya's legal name change. Siohvaughn Funches' Divorce Settlement. In a different interview, the former Miami Heat star revealed 12-year-old Zaya had always identified herself as a girl since age 3. The drama settled in 2012 and Funches received a strong response from Union. Life story: Wade recounts the custody battle in his book, which came out this month. Image Credit: (Larry Marano/Shutterstock. On those photos, Zion is dressed in tight pants, crop tops, and wears fake nails. 'You cant help but wonder if the celebrity and the notoriety and the money had an impact on [the case],' he said. 'Zion was a baby. 'In my wildest dreams, I could never have believed what [my attorney] has just confirmed,' he writes. 'If I had to choose between the money and the love, I would have chosen the love. By the way, Siohvaughn created her Christian non-profit organization that is called Womans Worth Foundation Inc. 'There was no enforcement when it came to Dwyane.'. Both kids live with Dwyane and his second wife Gabrielle Union since the retired basketballer got the sole custody of them. In 2008, while still dating the actress, Wade, 41, gained custody of Zaire and Zaya. "But it was all nothing compared to the pain I felt from the love of money. Over the years, She has remained famous for being the ex-wife who gave birth to the basketball player's kids. Dr. Siohvaughn L. Funches is a renowned public speaker, author and a loving mother who is committed to sharing the life-transforming truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Zaire was small in age and small in size. Siohvaughn makes a decent living as an author, public speaker, and Christian counselor. Funches tied her with Dwayne Wade on May 18, 2002. Check the full bio for relationship details. Wade and Funches-Wade wed in 2002 and had two children together, Zaire and Zaya. In 2013, Siohvaughn was left with $5 million, their house, 4 cars, and a strict non-disclosure agreement demanding her not to share any details about their marriage and divorce. Both Wade and Funches-Wade were just 20 years old at the time; Wade was a sophomore at Marquette University. As of 2023, Siohvaughn has an estimated net worth of more than $6 million. Funches-Wade later reflected on their teenage romance in an interview with the Daily Mail, saying, "That was at that time a really significant relationship, a very loving one." Siohvaughn Funches She shares two kids with Wade Siohvaughn Funches, according to her family's Instagram account. Just a year earlier in 2006, . Her only sibling, Garrica LeAnna Woods died as a teenager. My lawyer will be in contact and best of luck to the 14th lawyer as they try to unravel this book of lies that's been sold to them.". Siohvaughn Funches-Wade, the ex-wife of NBA player Dwyane Wade, is asking a California court to prevent her former spouse from allowing their 15-year-old transgender daughter Zaya to legally change her name and gender. 'He was very humble, very shy.'. Siohvaughn Funches objected to the gender and name change and requested that the court impose an order that would prevent their 15-year-old daughter from legally changing her gender from male to . Siohvaughn has 22K subscribers and is not very active there. Siohvaughn Funches-Wade is ready to go to court against her ex, Dwyane Wade, yet again. The pain and discomfort made Siohvaughn move forward and work hard to . Getty Images Divorce and Allegations. 'Mr Wade's attorneys were very successful in creating a negative portrayal of Siohvaughn in the media. I have concerns that [Wade] may be pressuring our child to move forward with the name and gender change in order to capitalize on the financial opportunities that he has received from companies, and will receive based upon [his] statements to me, on the basis of our childs name and/or gender change, Funches alleged in court documents obtained by Us Weekly in November 2022. From first love to foe. However, no one is sure about what Siohvaughn has to say about it. Here they are pictured in 2004, shortly after he was picked in the 2003 draft, Early days: The couple are pictured before the prom in Siohvaughn's mother's house, which Wade shared. I dont know what Im supposed to be doing, but like Im here with them every day., Union said that at one point she questioned, Am I supposed to be a friend? Instead, of anguishing over her family role, she realized that I had to figure out how to be consistent, and nurturing, and compassionate, and love for each of them. And Funches-Wade, who was a year ahead of Wade in school, left for college before him and he could speak to her on the phone more often at her mother's house. Siohvaughn Funches (seated) claims ex-husband Dwyane Wade has put her out on the street after he won sole custody of their two sons. As the courts ruled she is only allowed to see them in Florida, she was unable to visit the youngsters even though they were just 25 minutes away from her Chicago home, she said. "While none of us are surprised by Siohvaughn's attempt to fight Zaya's identity and her unwavering attempt to drag my name through the mud, I'm very disappointed that she continuously find[s] ways of centering herself and HER needs, without regard to her children," the former NBA star wrote. In the series of interview sessions that ensued, Siohvaughn put the . 'I was very sad because this was not the person I dated,' she said. Funches-Wade gave birth to their first child a son named Zaire on Feb. 4, 2002. At one point during Wade's junior year of high school, Wade even moved in with Funches-Wade and her mother, according to the Washington Post. In 2007, things got bad for Siohvaughn and Dwyane. 'How devastating and traumatic for these two small boys,' she said, sobbing. Would they still love me? This is what inspired the WOW Woman idea., Siohvaughn Funches is also a woman of wealth, reads the AWOW About Page. Explosive interview with Siohvaughn Funches Wade. Siohvaughn Funches-Wade has voluntarily dropped a lawsuit filed against her ex-husband, Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade. He added that his ex-wife's accusations of physical assault are false, as well as her claims that he had given her an STD ('She didn't get it from me!') Dwyane Wade's Daughter Zaya Granted Name Change and Legal Transition in Court, Dwyane Wade Calls Ex-Wife's Objection to Legally Change Daughter Zaya's Name 'Nonsensical', Zaya Wade Shares Sweet Family Photo amid Continued Legal Battle Between Parents Over Name Change, Dwyane Wade Responds to Ex-Wife's Objection to Daughter Zaya Changing Her Name: 'This Isn't a Game', Dwyane Wade's Ex-Wife Files Petition Objecting to Legally Change Daughter Zaya's Name, Gabrielle Union on How New Film Mirrors Zaya Wade's 'Fight' for Her Identity: 'It's Tough', Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union Plea for LGBTQ Rights at NAACP Image Awards: 'Will We Fight for All? Wade's father, who he described as "militant," was having marital problems at the time with Wade's stepmother and the basketball star found the fighting distracting. The couple met when they were co-hosting a Superbowl party in 2007. Wade, who has been married to Gabrielle Union since 2014, filed a petition in August 2022 for Zaya to legally change her name and gender. Now she is single, working towards her law degree and receiving minimal spousal support from Wade, which 'isnt enough to pay my bills', she said. It has been a real ordeal for her. She was born on September 6, 1981, in Chicago, Illinois, USA, as Siohvaughn L. Funches. To tell your baby that Im going to see them in two days and that turns into two months. I felt the way a wife feels when her husband dies. "It was uncharted waters, but it was all about just being in my kids' lives," Wade said about the decision to seek full custody. She is the mother of Zaya and Zaire Wade. Then in 2003, her husband's name, Dwyane Wade, was called fifth in the NBA draft propelling them to a life of red carpets and hangers-on. I will not sit on my hands this time and allow her to make a mockery of my dedication to my family. 'But it had become clear to me that she was going to disregard orders and throw up every and any excuse to keep me from seeing them.'. Their divorce was lengthy and contentious and ultimately took six years to finalize. Ultimately, after the bitter fight Wade was awarded custody of their two children, 10-year-old Zaire and 5-year-old Zion. Her fears were justified: After the draft in 2003, he signed a three-year $8.5 million contract and he was thrown into the world of celebrity and his marriage began to crack. There's no money that can buy that kind of strength. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Earlier this month, Dwayne announced his second child's gender change in an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". I just woke up sooner than he did.'. 'Mr Wade has a career and a schedule which is not amenable to small children [as a single parent].'. "You're afraid because you don't want to mess up; you don't want anything to happen to them," he shared. Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade welcomed their first child together, daughter Kaavia James Wade, via surrogacy in November 2018. Another book of hers called You Gotta Let God Finish! also became popular among her fans. In February 2020, Zaya came out as transgender. Farm Heroes Saga, the #4 Game on iTunes. 'I believed - and still do - that children need their dads and their moms in their lives. She shared her feelings about all of this in one of the books. ", Wade filed for divorce from Funches-Wade shortly after the birth of their second child, Zaya, in 2007. These are serious and harmful allegations that have hurt our children. . Revealed: Football referee who made botched call was , but her concerns were ignored, she said. In his book, Wade disputes her claims of physical violence. I think going forward, I'm ready to live my truth. I knew that one size fits all was not gonna work.. She has written two books titled The True Story for God's Glory: The Life of Siohvaughn L. Funches-Wade and You Gotta Let God Finish. "First, these statements are completely untrue, and second they are very hurtful. The woman didnt want to return the kids to their father, although this is exactly what she had been demanded to do by the court. Maybe because of that Wade became a professional basketball player in the US. Living with dad: Zaire and Wade watch a Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics game in June 2010. While none of us are surprised by Siohvaughns attempt to fight Zayas identity and her unwavering attempt to drag my name through the mud, Im very disappointed that she continuously find ways of centering herself and HER needs, without regard to her children. Charlie Zelenoff: The Self-Proclaimed Greatest Of All Time (Spoiler: Hes Not), Manuela Escobar and The Impact of Pablo Escobar on Her Life, Top 60 Celebrities Without Makeup (Before & After), 40 Whopping Homes & Cars Of Celebrities That Will Amaze You, Top 55 of Worlds Richest Actors Current Net Worth, Top 60 Craziest Tattoos Of Celebrities in 2023, Top 15 Highest-Paid Soccer Players Of All-Time Revealed (2023). But there have been renewed tensions with Siohvaughn . 'I think influence had a lot to do with it,' she said. ", He defended himself, "Yes, we understand that our daughter's 12 years old.