We have a brand new 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe--bought it one month ago--and two weeks in, while driving, the check engine light came on. There have been problems with slipping into neutral several times now. The vehicle's engine will randomly shut off and not turn back on. This car will kill me or kill others!!!! The air control also did not work properly. Https://youtu. JavaScript is disabled. I held my foot on the brake as I called Roadside Assistance. I will see how they would handle this when I bring it over on July 6. It is completely random and is very dangerous as it could cause injury or even death. I will not be putting my family in this van again. Now my van wont start and multiple codes came on when trying to start my van. The vehicle has stalled in traffic when in drive and it will place itself in park. I guess they need to go back to the drawing board and figure it out because it's not fixed! The car would not drive and the Shift Knob was just going between park and drive, but neither would work. Second time they replaced it again and had it back for one day and the issue popped up again. I have spoke to the same lady from Chrysler several times and she tells me the same thing every time, that she will contact the dealership to make sure they are fixing my car and once it is fixed she will review my case and make a decision. 6 Days in the shop up to this point. Nothing would work, power-steering was out, no brakes, nothing. I took the transmission guy for a test drive and of course it didn't do it. This data is from the NHTSA the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. At that point I could no longer accelerate and the "d" light on the gear shift was blinking. At the risk of sounding mechanically challenged, is there a "how to" guide anywhere? Message says to "Shift to Park then desired gear" and traction control light came on. The dealership had my car for two weeks, the entire time I spoke to the service manager daily or every other day for an update. We could pick up the car either tonight or tomorrow morning. Something with my powersteering being locked, service electronic stabiliti control, service antilock break system, park brake temporarily unavailable and powersteering unavailable. Service Park Brake. It felt very dangerous and I had to slow to stop it. I will be picking up the vehicle (which I love by the way) tomorrow and crossing my fingers. One other weird thing I noticed is that when I shift into Drive, it shifts roughly.almost like it drops/bangs into gear as if the engine was idling high (but it's not.under 1000 RPM). I pulled over, put the van in park, started the van again and took it back to the dealer and the onsite manager took a picture of the error code a! Check engine light is now on. I was told the car was overheating which was causing it to shut down and lock up. The way to contact Chrysler is to go on their site and message them, then someone will call you a day or so later. When I got there the car seemed to be ok, other then the engine light being on. I'm shocked this life threatening fault has not already been reported to the NHTSA. They won't be able to drive it away. When this issue happens. The car has been shutting down since its inception. And it drove fine for several days. Thank you for your time. I had the car towed to the dealership. At this point everything locked up and after a christmas tree dashboard light display the car went dark with only the hazards running. I really do not even want the trade assistance, because I do not want another car from this company. I came to a red light eventually and pulled to the side. Ask your Chrysler dealer. I can't even lock the vehicle. While driving my vehicle and going about 30-40mph, the dashboard began flashing and telling me there was a charging system failure. I moved to the far tight lane as fast as I could. I drove the car to the dealer, they called it in and after a few hours they told me that they have ordered a new transmission and just waiting for it to arrive, they will call me so I can bring back the car to the dealer. The alternator was bad. I have a burning question that I can't find a real answer to. Picked up the van on 4/30 and the vehicle stalled again and exhibited the same error codes while not even a quarter mile from leaving the dealership. We saved our money to purchase a brand new vehicle so I wouldn't have to worry about things like this happening. That doesn't happen ! They are not much help. My next step is going to be hiring a lawyer or legal team if necessary to bring a class action suit against Chrysler for hiding this serious and dangerous issue. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. I have no technical no-how with cars so I will describe as best I can. I had already missed days of work, been late, and had to leave early because of this problem. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Luckily we had started to slow down and did not have to turn or this would have resulted in an accident with my kids in the vehicle. I am Sooooo eager to hear about the DIY results on this one Hey JefferinoI'll let you know. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Dealer refused. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" To re-engage drive, you have to stop the car, shift into park, restart it and shift back to drive. This is a terrible. Privacy Policy. Luckily, it did restart fine and I could continue driving. That they will fix it in 2nd quarter of 2018. Vehicle started having issues starting, the vehicle would not start once the start button was pushed. Vehicle is in for repair again. In my opinion I believe Chrysler realizes they have an enormous safety and financial problem with the root of all the issues. Suddenly, the car stalled and I could not accelerate. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more! The vehicle electronics malfunctioned with the windows rolling down on there own. When we released the break the car never turned back on and but stalled and rolled into the street, park break engaged and left us in the middle of the road. Those injuries include pelvic fractures, broken kneecaps, a ruptured bladder, busted ribs, sprained knees, trauma to the legs, lacerations to the face and various other injuries.. They seem more interested in getting their loaner back then fixing my car. sigh.). When driving down the road the vehicle completely shuts down, comes to a sudden stop and service charging system message displays on the dash with no prior warning. Have a 2015 Limited with the 8 speed transmission. They once again told me I would have to call back in two weeks to get the recall looked at because they were too busy. Your code scanner may not be able to read trans/ body and ABS codes. I think thats because some owners have had their TIPM's replaced and the issues continue to take place. We were next to a parking lot and coasted in. I don't want to be taken advantage of. The second time, I was pulling into the gas station, decellerating at about 30mph. No matter what speed you are at it literally decreases your speed to 15mph. When I saw that, I knew that the problem was solved. I would shift to neutral and back to drive and it would be OK. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. I've been dealing with this problem for 4 years and it has to stop. Copyright 2021, 5thGenRams.com All Rights Reserved. The last time it happened was on April 2, 2020. Tried to start the vehicle and I received a service shifter prompt. Yeah, I apologize for not taking any pics, but there were enough pics posted on this site that taught me how to do it myself. "Totally Integrated Power Module". The service personnel at Island Chrysler where I serviced previous vehicles, have been courteous and try to remedy these issues but all still exist. and our This is very dangerous and luckily I was not on the highway and going 60mph when this happened or it could have been catastrophic. Jeep Wrangler sahara 2021 4xe is brand new leased and driven off the lot the previous day with 35 miles on the car and one full charge overnight. Cars had to swerve around the vehicle as it rapidly lost speed. There was a safety recall NHTSA Campaign ID: 16V529000 and our Chrysler 200 vin#1C3CCCAB5FN690382 has the same issues and we are being told that they won't help us fix it. Warning lights going off complaining about the transmission, shift it into park, AWD. This put my safety at risk because the vehicle hesitated even when attempting to pull over and shift the vehicle into park. Update from Jul 14, 2015: Just an updateafter the 3rd incident of my Chrysler 200S which slips into neutral while driving. Search forums with "console" "shifter" "ESM" Note threads with with window switch replacement. ~ I did a quick search on what the problem could be and found this video on youtube (not mine) which shows almost exactly what happened to my vehicle . DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: Hope you get it back quickly and that takes care of it. This is really no different than GM's issue with the ignition of 778,000 of their vehicles that they waited 11 years to recall and that didn't happen until Congress became involved. At this point, I don't know that to do so I turned off the car while trying to find the number for roadside assistance. (P1D8C). Dealership called and informed us the car was ready on 08-07-2015. I am far from the only one that is having this issue. I told him that I did not want the car back and that I wanted something reliable. Seems to happen every 5 months or so. Chrysler in my opinion is placing itself in a bad situation by allowing this to happen. Then our daughter was driving it on an extremely busy and dangerous road. My husband is a war injured veteran. After an hour it would still not start. It then jumped back up to 14.4V and held that consistently. They ended up replacing the pcm and I was without the Jeep for an entire month. Once it did start and put into reverse or drive the vehicle would not move. Car only has little over 28,000 mile S in it. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. Maybe Chrysler should have stuck with the 1st generation. I attached pic in upper left corner of the emergency steering icon that stayed on as well as shows my battery charge as fine at that moment but was erratically fluctuating when I took the pic this morning, It started with car not starting battery low, once it would start 1 of the windows rolls down by its self, when driving and stopping at a stop light, it would stall had to put it park to get it to start if lucky it would start right away. But as soon as I try to drive it returns with a "thunk" in the trans. We'll see where this leads. See next complaint while in the dealership parking lot. We shut it off and called the dealership who towed it to their garage.they said they flashed the auto shut off feature and have not been able to replicate the problem. It had to be towed while still running. While driving the Jeep it gets a error code that says service electric throttle body. I brought my car into the shop on Friday February 2, because I had experienced on 2 separate occasions a stall. I almost had a wreck! Update from Sep 1, 2015: The fix was to replace the transmission wire harness. its unsafe!!!. They came but the jump did not work. Its been in the shop for a week now. That's awesome! The exact message read as follows: "Service Transmission Shut off Engine to engage park" 2015 Charger R/T . The deal found metal shavings in the engine leading to the engine being replaced. Then the car doesn't want to start. So please clearly understand that this is happening on 300's and Charger's as well as other Chrysler vehicles. It has happened multiple times and has caused 1 incident thus far. Nice when this happens on wet roads, so much for feeling safe. Then they had to spend four days going back and forth with engineering in Detroit figuring out how to R&R since nobody has had to replace a cooler line yet. I bought the car to the dealer 3 times, at first they said that they can't duplicate the problem, the 2nd time they've upgraded the software. I had to quickly try to get to the right lane, without any engine. Pacifica stalling recall I am writing this email to inform you of an issue we have had with our brand new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica touring. When I tried to accelerate it would not shift out of 8th gear and the paddle shifters would not shift either. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The brake lights work, and the only indicator light on my dash is the Check Engine. A few hours later it dropped down while driving. Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs, read stories from drivers who praise our work. I've been here for 45 minutes. It is still there and they still do not know what is wrong with it. 4xe went from full speed (45) immediately down 5mph to 0 mph a minute leaving us at the entrance of a local street (no shoulders). The button on the start button doesn't come off (even though some manuals says it does). If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Was told due to software update per recall instructions, caused a hybrid module to fail, I was the part was in back order with out a shipping date. I tried to stop the car with the brakes and it wouldn't stop. Recap (I live an hour away from the dealership and work another hour away from that.) I'm really disappointed and scared to drive it. We haven't had the van a year yet and it had done this within 6 months of ownership. I understand that but some people think that key ring and cylinder can not be removed , it can be removers for service, 2019 Limited, Luxury White, HK Sound, Tow Group, Advanced Safety Tec Group. Please help. I was driving home from a trip to the store. When I turned the car off the transmission defaulted to Park. Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Finally what was the faulty part causing this issue? I just want to get the car fixed, it's obviously a powertrain problem, from what I am reading. Finally got the truck back from the dealer (2+weeks. Any duplicates or errors? California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. I just hope the issue can be resolved, who wants to die in a car crash ? I'm looking for all obvious reasons as to why, I get the monthly health report - says healthy car, and no MIL on. Very dangerous as there is little to no shoulder on this stretch of highway. Engine light stayed on but all others were gone. 62 problems related to electrical system have been reported for the 2021 Jeep Wrangler. Mechanics came up and apologized and said they were just following Chrysler's Tech Support's recommendation. Have an appointment at dealership in 1 week as they are booked solid. Each time he told me they had not diagnosed the problem and were working closely with Chrysler to fix it. Says "Auto Start Disabled" . They verified my car passed the R08 recall inspection, cleared a whole lot of codes and fixed absolutely nothing. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Once the car was restarted the transmission would not shift out of Park. ). After the first time I took it in for an oil change, it started saying service electronic throttle control and wouldn't accelerate. Just heard back from the dealer. Now they called me stating that the radio has some type of noise coming from it and it has to do something with a software update and that they have to replace the subwoofer because it blown. However, I have heard on Jeep 4xe forums that this is an issue with many other owners, some even happening on the interstates. Thanks for joining us! Remove and disassemble shifter. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more! So frustrated with this car!!! The failure mileage was 23,915. Said they had not received any complaints about this 11issue. I tried turning it off to reset.. nothing. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would bea buddy of mine helped me out (he's no mechanic either but he has more experience with this than I do)I didn't replace the entire shift module, just the housing unit which covers the mechanism that contains the PRND indicator and electronics. Transmission may remain in limp home mode. They kept it for maybe an hour, said they updated the transmission and fixed it. I had to pull the lead off the battery. . Update from Sep 8, 2015: Supposedly there is an upcoming recall for the electrical connector for the transmission. Warning lights flashing saying to put in Park (which you cannot put in any gear) I had to restart the car as it shut off after hitting the house, I put the car in reverse and backed it up. Talking with the mechanics at the dealer they keep saying the national Jeep engineers are just guessing at this point on what the issue is and they don't know what the issue is either. After the hour long errand, I got back to the Jeep and tried starting it up. Did you ever get any answers on this? Thank you for your attention to this matter. Just picked up the truck. So, if you are stopped with your foot on the brake and turn . I have notified Chrysler Corp directly and they are monitoring the service done at the dealership. We don't sell/share your email. So think about it, to do a TIPM redesign, then a recall for the millions of TIPM vehicles involved, would create financial HAVOC for FCA/Chrysler. Saw the same warning lights. " Could not replicate customers issues". When we arrived all signals were gone and they could find no trouble codes to check. While pulled over I was unable to restart the vehicle for about 45 minutes. If you can't go electric, don't do it. Turning the car on and off several times finally cleared the issue and I was able to drive to dealership. It's not us. So, I'm going to try it myself! Same issue as above. The dealership can't look at it for weeks, but we have already contacted sales to see what they can do. Engine light was on, but the car finally shift into Drive. After picking up the Jeep I could not get it into electric mode, called the dealership who requested it back to pull codes. If the part was not able to come out and it failed , how would they fix it ? The CVT didn't help. I have a 2012 with the same issue. I told the girl that I have bought the car a month and a half ago because I received a recall letter from Chrysler regarding R08. The most recently reported issues are listed below. it also showed a message showing blind spot alert was disabled and the battery light. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Read another complaint here stating the same thing. Now the part is estimated to show up 7/23 not holding my breath. That will get console off. After an hour it would still not start. I was driving on the expressway when the engine suddenly slowed the car, I lost all ability to use the gas pedal. However, took the car to dealership today and no replacement cars were available. If it won't shut off in neutral and reset to Park, I would drive a little bit and then try to put it in Park. I did research and it showed the stalling I've experienced was due to battery connector issues. I lost all power on the expressway- all passengers in the car felt it and were terrified. Warning lights for the engine and transmission This is a very serious problem and Im very lucky it didnt happen on the interstate. The vehicle's engine will shut off while driving and you cannot shift it into park. 2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) No ESS - Sept. 2016 build. They told me that there were no error codes and that the care is fine. I shut the car off, gave it a few minutes and turned it back on with the same message. Unsubscribe any time. Thanks. Cookie Notice Not feeling like dealer is being honest and has best interest of my safety. Noticed the radio had reset the setting and notified dealership that the controls to adjust the bass and treble were not working properly. After another 30 minutes or so I finally get it to start and drive it to the dealership. The only warning is a check engine light and "service auto start/stop system". When the traffic cleared and I put my foot on the gas, the Jeep refused to go forward and stalled out. This occurred on the highway and this is the second time this occurred. Leaving our in-laws the other day, which mind you is directly across the street, we got to the end of the driveway to stop and look both ways ;) and the auto shut off engaged. All of these issues have been reported to CAS and NHSTA. At first I thought I was hitting the shifters accidentally. How e-Xciting. I drove it home and the very next morning it did the same thing, wouldn't start and warning messages popping up just like before. Seconds before shutting down the d light on the shifter started blinking, a red battery indicator flashed on the screen and then it was dead. When I went to turn the car off, I heard a loud sound coming from the car. Well as I said before if this happened to me I would become Chrysler's worst nightmare. We were close to the dealer so we drove down there while the tow truck was en route. It must have been hell having to drive that Dodge! The 2015 model year is the first year of the Chrysler 200's 2nd generation. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. When van stalls the gear knob flashes in "D" or drive mode. A new one gave the same errors to the service team.