Other safes, including most gun safes on the market, cannot be opened using this method. Non-destructive only! An unconventional but simple solution worth trying is what we call the "mule kick" option. It fits my AR's well and I was really impressed with the quality. With the popularity of Sentry Safes and the over 200 models on the market, it is no surprise that the most common troubleshooting question we receive is: My Sentry Safe safe wont open. See All 105 Supported Platforms. How many burglars walk around ordinary neighborhoods with a skill saw and an extension cord trying to find a house with a safe. In case you wonder Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison: One pic from a Youtube vid. Seven oversized bolts and a thick door help prevent unwanted entry. check out the. Google "locksmith near me" and pick one. By turning the dial counter-clockwise, the number combination increases from 20, 30, 40, etc. How do you fix a loose handle on a safe? Regardless of the type of lock, paper clips tend to be the most popular lock-picking tool out there. However, it will slow a thief down if the thief is not a friend that knows you have a safe. We did it on TV in 1.63 seconds, the locksmith said. Attachments David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. My Winchester safe looks great in the garage. By placing the magnet on the safe door in the vicinity of the nickel solenoid of the lock and moving the magnet, you can trip the lock and open the safe. Either drill the lockout, or you can use paper clips to bypass the lock. I enter my 5 digit code, lights turn green, but the handle won't budge. If the locking bolts are misaligned (you'll hear a scraping sound at the door when you try the handle): smack the safe at various locations around the door. By entering your email, you agree to sign up for consumer news, tips and giveaways from ConsumerAffairs. Companies displayed may pay us to be Authorized or when you click a link, call a number or fill a form on our site. For more than 15 years we have helped nearly 50000 customers resolve their issues and will never stop striving to ensure further improvements on our platform for a better communication between companies and customers. - Christian K. We purchased a fireproof safe from USA safe and vault and it's just what we needed. Make sure that you do not kick the electronic keypad or the safe handle. Give us a call, we'll help! Bang the side of the safe with a hammer (preferably wrapped in a towel to reduce any scratches). (My favorite! So breaking into one should be difficult after all. Safe and Sound | The USASafeAndVault Blog, Gun Cleaning Kit | 9 Best, 4 Types, Brands (Hoppes, Allen, Otis+), Gun Oil | 5 Best Gun Oil Picks (CLP, Hoppes, Lucas Oil compared), Diversion Safes | 19 Creative, Cheap Ways to Hide Valuables, Gun Safes Amazon Carries | Best types, Quality, Cheap, Free Shipping, 11 Best Gun Safe for Cars in 2022 (All Budgets), Top 9 Best Cheap Gun Safes Under $600 in 2022, 10 Best Gun Storage Cabinet 2022 Picks | For Pistols, Long Guns and More, Under Bed Gun Safe? Next, pull the handle in the opposite direction than you normally do and enter the code. They manufactured both plastic and metal security/fire safes. Become a USA Safe & Vault member and we'll keep you up-to-date with the latest on safes. So Im thinking they have great customer service NOT! These safe can resist fire damage of up to 1850 degrees Fahrenheit for nearly two hours. To make it easier, we also added a YouTube video that shows you the process step-by-step. Head to SentrySafes website and fill out their key recovery request form. (Be warned that handling these magnet is a safety hazard and follow all precautions.) Once you know your safes model number and serial number, you can begin the key recovery process. Mesa Safes MBF6032E Burglary And Fire Gun Safe, purchased a Sentry Documentation. This is the replacement safe handle andshaft (arbor)we made and apicture of it installed on the safe. First, make sure that the engraved letter on your key matches the letter on the key-lock cylinder. The technique is called selfimpressioning. No luck. Turn the paper clip pins clockwise to open the safe. I contacted the manufacturer and they said take it back and get a refund as they will not provide me with one. If all's well, temporarily disconnect the wire from the keypad, and remove the batteries. (516 616 0854). I called the company who admitted maybe the tumblers fell. Help us help you, by taking a picture of the part you need and/or of the safe. I finally got around to getting the Sentry 0410 safe out of my brother in laws basement . These methods should work for just about any Sentry Safe model, including the ones with keys, and combination locks; or the electronic and biometric safes. New Mjlby Kommun jobs added daily. I would not recommend this SentrySafe after this experience. The following are six ways on how to open a Sentry Safe without the combination or without keys. Pick the ones best suited to the price of the safe and the urgency to get to the contents: Before you attempt any breaking into the safe it is always worth making sure that the simple and obvious steps are not an issue. They said I must use only Duracell or Energizer batteries with an expiration no sooner than 2029. They say to report it within 90 days that was what was done! Its safe products are designed for commercial, residential use, and even gun storage. There are six legit ways to break into a Sentry Safe but use caution and common sense to decide which one makes the most sense based on the cost of the safe, how impatient you might be to open one, and the value of the contents (if you know that). All of these safes are assigned with an individual key that has a unique code imprinted or engraved onto it. You can either use a small screwdriver and the nail file, as you did with the two paper clips, or the nail file may do the job on its own. 11 Best Brands to Trust (and 2 to Avoid), Best Safe Lights 2021 | Guaranteed Better Visibility for Your Gun Safe, Best Drop Safe for Restaurants | Peace of Mind for Petty Cash, Socal Safes B-Rate Safe and Utility Chest UC-2720, Mesa Safes MBF6032E Burglary And Fire Gun Safe, Socal Safes International Eurovault Burglar & Fireproof Safe EV15-2417, Socal Safes International Eurovault EV15-1713 Burglar & Fireproof Safe. A month ago I needed to get inside, but no matter how hard I tried, it would not open. Here are the most common reasons a Sentry Safe won't open. - Bo Brandt. Then, bend the paper clips other leg tip so that the paper clip resembles a wrench. A: Yes.SentryxaeSafe offers a Lifetime Warranty for After-Fire Replacement. Take the Picking Tool nd put it in the upper part of the lock. I got this safe last year, now I'm getting around to installing it. Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:53 pm by Fritz the Cat, Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:05 pm by Dean Thatcher, Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:27 pm by Fritz the Cat, Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:40 pm by Fritz the Cat, Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:54 am by MartinHewitt, Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:57 pm by Fritz the Cat, Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:07 pm by Fritz the Cat, Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:16 pm by Fritz the Cat, Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks, Users browsing this forum: No registered users. What is the handle called on a safe? Conclusion. (Best for safes $20 to $50. Newer Post . Older Post It fits my AR's well and I was really impressed with the quality. Newer Post . Is there a substitute for septic systems? Typically accompanied by a spare for convenience. Using a power drill, drill open into the lock of the safe. There is no support one on one anymore with a customer over the phone to help them with their problem. Sentry Safes - Poor product and bad customer service. Your Cart is Empty. Lets explore each of these approaches in detail to help you resolve your locked safe in no time at all. Our most standard option and the simplest way to secure your valuables. It's time to unleash your inner-frustrations; you get to mule kick the safe. How much does it cost to fill a 250 gallon propane tank? Repeat for the bigger leg tip. I put in a new batt Go see the person who sold you the safe, take some identity docs and proof of purchase with you and you will probably get the answer. For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our Available retailers: Pull the door handle to open the safe. Mesa 30 Minute Burglary Fire Safe MGL36-AS, Mesa Safes MGL14-AS-E Burglary And Fire Gun Safe Lite, Socal Safes International Eurovault EV15-4517 Burglar & Fireproof Safe, Socal Safes International Eurovault EV1713 Burglar And Fireproof Safe, Socal Safes International Eurovault Burglar And Fireproof Safe EV-4517, Socal Safes International Eurovault Burglar & Fireproof Safe EV15-3417, Socal -Bridgeman Safes TL-15 Missouri Mule Safe Night Depository Head & Receiving Chest ER-7435-M, Winchester Bandit 19 Fireproof Gun Safe, Gunmetal. Unsubscribe easily. *Only customers in the U.S. will receive these emails from SentrySafe. Answer (1 of 16): A sentry safe is an essential piece of equipment in a home if you have expensive items to keep safe. Seems like a rip off. While troubleshooting an electronic or combination lock is best left to the experts, you can do easy checks to see if the wiring is disconnected and/or damaged. ), Use a paper clip. In 2013 the company was sold to Master Locke. A Bic Pen Imagine that . Since no replacements parts were available for the particular safe (company no longer in business), we machined a newshaft (arbor)(below)to replace the old wornoutone. This paper clip should look like a feeler pick and will serve as a handle to twist the lock. Below (LEFT) are replacement hinge blocks we made for the Diebold Hinged Round Door pictured on the Right. When we tried to But, it could fall us into a trap getting locked in a room. Turn the handle of the safe to open the door. Despite these safes being highly secure, losing the key, or even forgetting the combination, is a common occurrence. So how do you open a Sentry Safe? BUYER BEWARE!!! We also, of course, do not encourage you to try this method on anyone elses safe. Finally they told me that even though this was the first time I was trying to open the safe, the warranty had expired and I was out of luck. The first time they assured me that the problem was my brand new Kirkland batteries with 2028 expiration date were the problem. Post all non-destructive techniques, questions, photos or articles regarding the theory & operation of these items.Non-destructive only! Thanks! Today's top 27 Mjlby Kommun jobs. DO NOT BUY A SENTRY SAFE!!!! This safe is built to hold hanging file folders to provide easy organization of standard sized files or folders and can be easily transported with a convenient carrying handle. The factory code on the keypad is functioning properly. SentrySafe Fireproof and Waterproof Steel Home Safe with Dial Combination Lock, Secure Documents, Jewelry and Valuables with Bolt Down Kit, 1.23 Cubic Feet, 17.8 x 16.3 x 19.3 Inches, SFW123DSB 4.5 (4,852) $224 99 MORE RESULTS Unfortunately, not all Sentry Safes have the same unlocking keys, except in extremely rare instances. Here's how you can get into a Sentry Safe with the simplest of tools: two paper clips and a needle-nosed plier. . Safe and Sound | The USASafeAndVault Blog, How to find the Sentry Safe combination if you've lost it, Gun Cleaning Kit | 9 Best, 4 Types, Brands (Hoppes, Allen, Otis+), Gun Oil | 5 Best Gun Oil Picks (CLP, Hoppes, Lucas Oil compared), Diversion Safes | 19 Creative, Cheap Ways to Hide Valuables, Gun Safes Amazon Carries | Best types, Quality, Cheap, Free Shipping, 11 Best Gun Safe for Cars in 2022 (All Budgets), Top 9 Best Cheap Gun Safes Under $600 in 2022, 10 Best Gun Storage Cabinet 2022 Picks | For Pistols, Long Guns and More, Under Bed Gun Safe? purchased a We use encrypted SSL security to ensure that your credit card information is 100% protected. This safe is UL Classified and ETL Verified to protect your documents and digital media in the event of a fire or flood. Other safes, including most gun safes on. Not to mention the best customer service! Do this a few times. I did not know what combination was assigned to the safe so I went to the SentrySafe website to find out how to get it. Google "locksmith near me" for you closest resource. I called their customer service line to speak to someone but after 30 minutes of being on hold for the NEXT rep and listening to their annoying instructions on various website assistance, I got my drill and began drilling the safe key lock out. Turn the dial two times to the left, topping on the second number in the combination. Yes there are guns and papers and stuff in the safe that cannot be shipped. How do I know I can trust these reviews about SentrySafe? Click "Shop Now" to continue shopping. I needed a key a few weeks ago, they wanted 35.00 plus shipping for a key!!! Does anyone have a recommendation on either replacement handle parts or an entirely new kit (perhaps one that is a little more secure)? When you are done they will look like the following in my napkin-sketch below. 2 Shelves Bolts Lock 2 Key (s) See Less I moved it into my house and never set anything up and just locked it with the key. After youve submitted your request to SentrySafe, it can take up to 7-10 business days for them to process it and ship out your new keys. - Janet, Found the perfect Mesa safe for our room. The safe's wiring could be disconnected. :: Keypicking :: Anything And Everything For Locksmiths, Hobbyist Lock Pickers, Locksport, Lock Picking, lockpicks, cutaways and Security. Most customers forget that safes are precision equipment, not just expensive metal boxes. It fits in our closet perfectly. You should bend the other leg tip of the paper clip so it will look like a wrench ("Tension Tool"). Be the first one to find this review helpful. Follow the steps outlined below to pick your sentry safes lock with a paper clip if youve lost the actual keys. This could be the case if you safe is installed in a wall for example. If you have your key but it simply is not working to open your safe, there may be some debris caught in the lock. Sentry safes are our most common safe to open and all our Mr. Locksmith safe technicians are trained to open sentry safe. If you see just one number, here's a helpful tip on how to break down this one number into model and serial numbers. If you require a more expedited key recovery process, you can call their customer service line (listed above) and ask for either same-day or next-day delivery. He said Sentry is going to expand, train and make more safes for jobs in this country (in the N.Y. Continue trying this motion until it starts to give. We have a Sentry S0417 floor safe. A local safe cracker (safe locksmith) will need to come out and drill the safe to force the bolts to retract and get the safe open. Before you phone the safe company, have someone else try their code to see if theirs works. If you are unable to identify the key number for simply looking at the lock, you can call their customer service line at 1-800-828-1438 to proceed. I put in the combination (digital) and it says to proceed, but when I turn the handle it goes down but won't open. UL Classified to protect your valuables in a fire for 1/2 hour up to 1550F (843C), ETL Verified to protect your valuable items from flood damage up to 72 hours. SentrySafe started manufacturing safes in 1930. Location: Warren Michigan. Guides to safe setup, troubleshooting, and other support needs. For this method, all youll need is two paper clips, and a pair of needle-nose pliers are optional. It was moved to Mexico. So now I'm just out of 2 safes!This is not fair to us as consumers, we follow the guidelines and still they don't hold up to their end of the deal. We are so sure that we have the lowest prices that we are willing to match anyone else's prices for products over $1,000! Then the Duracell batteries I bought didnt work either. I purchased as a clearance item and was notified it was missing inside light. Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox. This safe is UL Classified and ETL Verified to protect your documents and digital media in the event of a fire or flood. Download the latest owners manual for this product. To open the safe's door, turn the handle. The contents of this site may not be republished, reprinted, rewritten or recirculated without written permission. While this option isnt the quickest way to open your sentry safe without a key, it ensures that no damage occurs to the lock or the device itself. 19 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2 >> << Fritz the Cat. Best for safes under $50.). Safe Repair / Replacement Safe Handles,Hinges,Etc. But no worries, in about 10 minutes I cut through the side of the safe like Butter with a hack saw. Give us a call, we'll help! Socal Safes International Fortress Burglar and Fireproof Safe TL-30 F-7236V8, purchased a Well,it doesnt take a locksmith with decades of experience or the Sentry Safe combination, all you need is a magnet. Working Around Broken Electronics (Bad Solenoid) On A Sentry Safe Vance Gulickson 161 subscribers Subscribe 103K views 5 years ago My electronic sentry safe was jammed and would not allow. For some models, if the batteries for the lock are dead: replace them (usually AA batteries). Start by grabbing your power drill and plugging it into a power outlet. (516 616 0854). It's perfect for our passports and other documents! We have the key and the We have a Sentry S0417 floor safe. Mesa Safes MBF6032E Burglary And Fire Gun Safe, purchased a Keep trying to open the safe and listen carefully to the sounds from the front of the safe. As long as you are comfortable with waiting a little bit of time to receive your replacement key, you will avoid any potential damage to your sentry safe, have a new key, and also have up to three spares should you misplace it again. This will often loosen and stuck bolt work. They have made a huge name in the safe industry because of their high-security safes. How to break into a Sentry Safe: Nail file, Q: Does SentryxaeSafe offer a Lifetime Warranty? Thats a good vid . A tool from Sparrows won't fit . Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. For gun safe before 2012 models, here are the steps you can follow to unlock a Sentry Safe. I'm cool. But you might be struggling to figure out what kind of paint to use on garage walls. OutdoorHub // This is where the teeth of the locks are located. We use these cookies to enhance your user experience, improve the quality of our site, and to show you marketing that is more likely to be relevant to your interests. Twist clockwise with the lower paper clip while simultaneously wiggling the other paper into the locks teeth. In the case of a digital lock, the only way to unlock your Sentry Safe when the key is lost is by drilling out the lock. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review. 2023 USA Safe & Vault. Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:53 pm . Step 1: Make a tension tool and a picking tool using two paper clips. You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Turn the dial right, stopping at the last number in the combination. Get the latest Offers, Outdoor News, Stories, and Reviews delivered to your inbox. You can also use a flat-head screwdriver instead of a nail file. I contacted Sentry thinking they would not or could not help me, but to my surprise they not only still made the safe they sent out a replacement handle with instructions without any charge. Google "locksmith near me" and pick one. To submit this form, youll need to provide the model number, serial number, and the key(lock) number. New subscribers get 10% off your next purchase on the SentrySafe store. Thanks! Remove the entire keypad and inspect the wires to see if are loose, kinked, abraded, or cut. Email us at precisionsafe@gmail.com. They will send you a form to fill out that shows you own that safe. It is possible that for some reason, even if you enter the correct combination, your safe won't open. The second paper clip will now look like a feeler pick ("Picking Tool"). (This assumes that someone else has a code and access to your safe.). Here they are: Always call the company first if you need to know how to open a Sentry Safe without the combination or if you've misplaced the keys. Pick the ones best suited to the price of the safe and the urgency to get to the contents: Contact Sentry Safe for assistance or call them at 800-828-1438. Now the handle moves but seems stuck, I twist a bit harder and the handle breaks off in my hand. Grab your first paper clip and, by using a pair of pliers or your fingers, start by bending the larger leg so that it is at a 90-degree angle. The form asks you to select how many replacement keys you want to receive. Someone gave me an old Sentry safe with a broken handle. Try these methods. The lock can then be replaced at a later time, or you could try contacting the manufacturer about receiving a replacement lock for the broken one. I have a sentry 1640 safe and I can't open it.. One way to tell if the bolts are jammed is if you hear the motor whirring or trying to retract the bolts but the safe won't open. Socal Safes International Eurovault Burglar And Fireproof Safe EV-4517, purchased a This ensures that the locksmith brings the right keypad when they come. There are several videos on YouTube that will show you how a safe can be opened (in a few seconds) by using a powerful neodymium magnet that will cost you under $20 on Amazon.com. Sentry Safes is the largest manufacturer of Safes in North America. For gun safe models made after 2012, follow these steps to crack into a Sentry Safe. A very pleasant man explained how to open our safe after the handle broke off. Protect tablets, phones, external hard drives, memory cards, USB drives, CDs, DVDs and other electronic storage devices. I know that the handle is meant to snap off if someone is trying to force it open. Lay the safe on its side if possible, with the hinge side on the floor. My Winchester safe looks great in the garage. Place the tip of the nail file into the lock. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. Slide the nail file from the nail clippers. AllOutdoor // The SentrySafe alarm safe emits a loud alarm when it is being tampered with. Please DO NOT add attachments that contain your or other peoples personal information, if you dont want it to be visible to the public. Using the combination on the card, the tumblers will read more canuck the pro 15,724 satisfied customers We purchased a Sentry Safe model SFW205CWB. It fits in our closet perfectly. Turn the dial three turns to the right, stopping at the first number in the combination. The handleshaft (arbor)is what attaches to the safe handle and allows the locking bolts of the safe to be retracted. Apply pressure and drill straight into the lock until it breaks free and your safe can be opened. The model is something like this: The article is very good indeed ! How to Open a Sentry Safe without a Key. This will release some of the pressure on the bolt work and can help the handle come loose. Fire-resistant safes: Then they told me to try Energizer batteries because the nubs are shaped differently Duracell. - Bo Brandt. Socal Safes International Eurovault Burglar And Fireproof Safe EV-4517, purchased a Bathroom closets are often catch-alls for anything and everything remotely related to self-care. Now they wont let me return it.I don't understand?uugggghhh! Press the pins three more times and then turn both paper clips clockwise to open the safe. Don't have a key for your Sentry safe? Make moving your safe, chest or file easy with a convenient carrying handle. The safes are made from solid steel, thus increasing the durability and reliability of the safes. Manufacturers make sure that the safes are super rigid and sturdy enough to stand against any penetrating impact. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment based on your own personal circumstances and consult with your own investment, financial, tax and legal advisers. Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. It's only missing a few parts, but I'm thinking I should replace most of the locking mechanism. Turn your back to the safe, and kick the door, hard, a few times. Socal Safes International Eurovault EV15-1713 Burglar & Fireproof Safe, How To Break Into A Sentry Safe | Helpful Legal Hacks. You need to know for every kind of door handle round or lever, and the latch is the vital tool that locks the door. (Best for safes over $200. Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. Push the number keys on your safe in order to unlock your safe. (Best for safes over $100.) We at Sevan look forward to helping you quickly resolve your issues through courteous and knowledgeable service using high-quality, durable products. Turn the dial right, stopping at the last number in the combination. SentrySafe will contact you with further instructions to confirm your identity. The alarm will sound if someone moves it, tries to pry it open or enters the wrong combination on the keypad five times. SentrySafe is a company that has been making safes for more than eighty years. Which would be better than the old metal needle. This method involves no damage to the safe and if you do it correctly, will leave no signs that you were even there at all. It also features a carpeted interior and two multi-position shelves. It's too bad that all companies don't have this kind of customer service. If youd rather not wait or pay for a replacement key to come in the mail, continue reading to learn about some faster methods for opening a sentry safe without the use of a key. My SentrySafe ha s malfunctioned. Different types of magnets will open up most hotel rooms, most inexpensive safes, and most apartments, said locksmith Terry Whin-Yates, who proceeds to demonstrate by placing the magnet on the safe, giving it a good wiggle, and then opening the locked compartment. Your Cart is Empty. All Rights Reserved. Our content is intended to be used for general information purposes only. Sentry Safe Won't Open? Method #1: Request a Key Replacement from SentrySafe While this option isn't the quickest way to open your sentry safe without a key, it ensures that no damage occurs to the lock or the device itself. So, how to open a door with a broken handle? 1 0 Share 2 Replies More B In the case of an old mechanical lock, you have two options. Face away from the safe, and kick the door of the safe hard. Click "Shop Now" to continue shopping. Follow these steps: If this method or any of the picking options are unsuccessful, method #1 is the most effective option. ConsumerAffairs is not a government agency.