[31], In February 2023, Scheffler successfully defended his title at the WM Phoenix Open. His father, Scott Scheffler, and his mother, Diane Scheffler, raised him in a Christian household, so the golfer holds his faith very dear. 1 Scottie Scheffler - put on a thrilling final round that was equal parts collapse (Scheffler had a six stroke lead heading into the fourth round) and . "You know, I can't speak highly enough of the hard work that they have put in. Well go figure out what went on.". She attended Texas A&M University and graduated in 2018 with a degree in communications and business. At the 2017 U.S. Open, he and Cameron Champ were the only two amateurs to make the cut. The Scheffler family moved from Montvale to Dallas when Scottie was just 6 years old, so history will lump him with all the great Masters champion from Texas. Scottie Scheffler and his wife, Meredith, were married on December 4, 2020. He's bagged around $7.3m in prize money in the 2021-22 campaign and that could grow if he holds off Cameron Smith on the final day of the Masters. While Scheffler admitted his stomach had been hurting over the weekend and he cried Sunday morning because of the pressure, he hardly looked rattled while posting a 1-under 71 that gave him a three-shot victory. From what she thinks of her husband's Chipotle order to her philanthropic work, here's everything to know about Scottie Scheffler's wife, Meredith Scudder. There's time to exhale, but not much. While Scheffler claims he's got his Chipotle order down to a science, Scudder jokes it's just a "very particular" way to get extra toppings. Junior Amateur. He shot a final round 6-under 65 to beat Nick Taylor by two strokes. Scottie Scheffler gets a hug from wife, Meredith, after winning the Match Play Championship tournament in March 2022. The couple posted a picture of themselves on Instagram and Scudder expressed her love saying that she cant believe that she could get a life partner in the form of her long-time known friend. And even with Scottie winning at Phoenix, I was able to get to No. "Wasn't unusual for me," Scottie Scheffler said. Blake and Scottie met. Yet Scottie was hardly the only athlete in the family. 4. 1 in the world. He was born to a father, Scott Scheffler, and a mother, Diane Scheffler. He would hit the girls.. [27] On May 29, 2022, Scheffler lost the Charles Schwab Challenge in a playoff to Sam Burns after Burns made a 38-foot birdie putt. So it was back to the basketball team the following year. His star sign is Cancer. Scottie Scheffler opens with 68 at Bay Hill. She was like, Wait a minute, isn't that next weekend? She's learning. Scottie Scheffler Relationship Status Scottie Scheffler is currently married to Meredith Scudder. Just our son and Meredith's husband and now I guess he's the world's.". [11] He and Cameron Champ were the only two amateurs to make the cut at the 2017 U.S. [23], On April 10, 2022, Scheffler won the Masters Tournament, defeating Rory McIlroy by three strokes. [2] He has won one major championship, the 2022 Masters Tournament . 1 Scheffler at WM Phoenix Open", "Scottie Scheffler staying grounded in faith during rise to golf's world No. This couple doesn't have any children. It doesnt make it that much easier to get over, but its great to end the season on a high note like this.. He has a sister named Sara. But Scott wants to make one thing clear: he doesn't deserve credit for Scheffler's win. ", Upon confirming that he was playing in the big leagues that weekend, Scheffler said Scudder was pretty impressed. I just raised em.. His mother, Diane, grew up in Park Ridge, New Jersey. Hes got a little bit of both, which is wonderful. Scott grew up in Englewood Cliffs, where he attended St. Cecilia High School. They supported him however they could: Callie caddied for him in summers while Molly and Sara attended countless tournaments to offer their support. Scottie Scheffler is an American professional golfer. It's safe to say the Scheffler's are a golfing family, with Scottie's three sisters Callie, Sara and Molly all keen players. Scottie said: Fortunately for me I grew up with three sisters and my dad was there, and he did a great job raising us. And if one of Scottie Scheffler's wayward strokes happened to smack into one of his sisters, so be it. 2014 Junior Invitational 0:44; Scheffler says he doesn't feel viewed as world's best golfer. [33], Scheffler is a Christian. They quickly decided to join Royal Oaks Country Club mostly because it meant Scott Scheffler could keep all four kids in one place. This tied Scheffler for the PGA Tour record of largest 54-hole lead blown.[29][30]. The Official PGA TOUR Profile of Scottie Scheffler. 2. Scottie was identified as an outstanding junior and James got down to scratch despite his illness and they played events together. In September 2021, Scheffler played on the U.S. team in the 2021 Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin. Scheffler became the fifth golfer to enter the Masters Tournament ranked No. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. His three PGA Tour wins this season have seen both his status and bank balance skyrocket. I cant put it into words, I really cant., More AP Masters coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/the-masters, Thailand's 'most beautiful transgender woman' and husband wear $580K in attire at extravagant wedding, Desperate mountain residents trapped by snow beg for help; 'We are coming,' sheriff says, U.S. court won't require FAA to make airplane seat size, spacing rules, Convicted killer Alex Murdaugh's new mugshot revealed after double life sentence, Rebel Wilson says she was banned from Disneyland for 30 days for taking a bathroom selfie, SoCal in for cool start to weekend, but light rain makes brief return, "Botox In A Bottle" Sold Out At Target In 2 Days, Mizzou implodes in SEC Tournament, as the program asks what's next, Did Arkansas women's basketball do enough to make March Madness? SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) Scottie Scheffler successfully defended his WM Phoenix Open title Sunday at TPC Scottsdale to regain the No. That relationship between the Schefflers and the Smiths has only deepened through the years. Her upbringing detailed, Who are Kirstie Alley Parents? NBC. Scottie Scheffler was born on 21st July 1996 in Ridgewood, New Jersey, to Scott and Diane Scheffler. 1 golfer in the world for a stretch. According to the source, Meredith Scheffler's net worth is around $2-3 million, with an annual earning of $60-70k. He's got a little bit of both, which is wonderful. Great job.. While stressing "I'm no guru," he pointed out how vital it was to make sure Scottie didn't focus on golf all the time. He toldThe Associated Press: Hes just a nice young kid. Yet Scottie was hardly the only athlete in the family. His round was the equal second-lowest in PGA Tour history, and he was only the 12th player to shoot a round under 60. He remained committed to Highland Park High School and later played for the University of Texas from 2014 to 2018. AUGUSTA, Ga., April 10 (Reuters) - Masters champion Scottie Scheffler is golf's new leading man but his family will make sure success does not go to his head, according to his caddie Ted Scott. I didnt know any different. 1", "Two weeks after Travis Vick clinched NCAA title for Texas, he's getting pointers from No. Arriving at TPC Scottsdale a season ago winless on the PGA Tour, Scottie Scheffler became a household name with a memorable playoff victory in the desert. MERIDITH SCUDDER is the long-term partner and wife of world number one ranked golfer, Scottie Scheffler. Scottie Scheffler is a well-known golfer of America who was born in 1996 and who forced a playoff with Marcelo Rozo at the Evans Scholars Invitational in May 2019, after he had a bogey-free 9-under 63 and played back nine in 30. Scheffler won a completely exempt PGA Tour card for the 2020 season after leading both the Finals and overall points lists. I cant put it into words, I really cant.. AND WE KNOW WHAT SOME OF YOUR HARD WORK AND SACRIFICES WERE. He would hit the girls.". @McIlroyRory apologized to Scottie Scheffler's family after his victory @PlayoffFinale. Scheffler won the Nationwide Childrens Hospital Championship in Columbus, Ohio on August 18, 2019. They didnt parent perfectly, obviously, but for me, they did the best they could all the time, and I love them for that, Scheffler said. Both my parents I think would do anything for any of us. Her genuine interest and willingness to learn has led to lots of bonding with his parents, too, Scheffler added. Scottie Scheffler was born on 21st June 1996 and as of 2022, he is living in his mid-20s. [12] Scheffler finished as low amateur at 1-under-par, one stroke ahead of Champ. "Even when he had amazing accomplishments, that wasnt the most important thing about him.". McIlroy rallied from a huge deficit in the final round against Scheffler and finished with a 4-under 66 to become the first three-time winner of the FedEx Cup. Dennis Eckersley Wife Jennifer Eckersley and Family Support The Former Picther's NESN Retirement Announcement . Its the greatest place in the world to play golf, bar none, and Ive played all over the world. "To be able to have him on. He continued, "I was at [Meredith's] house one day, we were hanging out with her dad or something, and the commercial came on TV. [36], Scheffler appears in the sports documentary series Full Swing, which premiered on Netflix on February 15, 2023.[37]. . He won by one stroke over Viktor Hovland, Billy Horschel and Tyrrell Hatton. Player in italics denotes current number one. When requesting Scott to be his caddie, Scheffler said "I really want to work with a Christian. . After beating Scottie Scheffler in a record comeback, Rory McIlroy was quick to praise his competitor, including to Scheffler's family. Last 15 years, two other defending champions at @APinv started the week with 68 or better: 2015 Matt Every (won) and 2009 Tiger Woods (won). With his sister Callie caddying for him, he made the cut. Hes just a nice young kid, Scott Scheffler said. In their daily life, Scheffler said they also look to "the principles of the Bible" as a form of manifesting. And despite missing the cut at the PGA Championship, 2022 has been a massive year for the Schefflers and their family as Scottie attributes all of that success to his wife and his faith. She refers to the late star as Jimmy. [28] At the U.S. Open, he finished T-2, one stroke behind from the winner Matt Fitzpatrick. Youth golf tournaments. She has extensive volunteering and internship experience. Scheffler qualified for the U.S. team at the 2022 Presidents Cup; he lost three of the four matches he played, tying the other. Just don't expect Scottie to forget where he came from. And yes, that was most of the Scheffler clan sisters Callie and Molly (other sister Sara is in Portugal) along with Scott and wife Diane huddled together just outside Butler Cabin to celebrate a jet-fueled rise to the top that really wasn't that jet-fueled at all. "[Meredith] told me, 'Who are you to say that you are not ready? He also had success in AJGA events, won the 2013 U.S. When Scheffler called Scott, he told the longtime caddie he wanted to work with a Christian. ORLANDO, Fla. Scottie Scheffler . Scudder wrote on her Instagram: "YES! Its just what you do as a father for your children, Scott Scheffler said, his eyes wet with tears while wearing a white Masters polo shirt on the grounds of a club where his son is now a champion. Scott Alexander Scheffler (born June 21, 1996) is an American professional golfer who plays on the PGA Tour. NT = No tournament due to COVID-19 pandemic, CUT = missed the halfway cut 1 . All class. During the season, he finished while being at fourth place at the PGA Championship and shot a 12-under 59 at the Northern Trust, where he won the prize of $528,000 in the tournament. Callie Scheffler played at Texas A&M and served as Scottie's caddie when he qualified for the 2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont as an amateur, and Molly and Sara are players, too. Let's read on to find out Scottie Scheffler's Wife Meredith Scudder: What We Know About The Couple. Meredith wrapped her arms around Scottie as he got emotional over the win. The pro athlete refuses to eat his food with anything but a spoon. Their run included Masters titles in 2012 and 2014. Scottie Scheffler is a married man. They've given us great joy. Scheffler and Scott first met through a Bible study about a year before they teamed up. Scottie had a great year last year, Rory had a great year last year, and then toward the end of the year I kind of picked up. Scott went to great lengths to nurture the boys talent. Scottie Scheffler stormed to four wins in three months in 2022, taking over the spot as the No. Scheffler often volunteers for BED, too. Scheffler's incredible rise to World No1 is even more remarkable considering he lost his best friend James Ragan to cancer just five years ago. "My whole life, I knew how much I loved golf. Scheffler closed with a 6-under 65. Meredith and Scottie both went to college in Texas but attended rivals campuses - Scheffler at the University of Texas and Scudder at Texas A&M. Scheffler turned pro in 2018 and showed the world glimpses of his talent, before really exploding onto the scene in the last twelve months. High school basketball practices. This couple got married in December 2020. And it turned out to be the perfect switch for the budding star, who learned his trade playing at Highland Park near their home in Ridgewood. It doesn't seem that long ago to Scott Scheffler that he was standing on the green behind Bergen Community College in Paramus, New Jersey, dutifully holding a flashlight while his only son -- just 5 or 6 at the time -- hit shots in the dark. Isn't that what you're doing?' Scheffler had a wild ride on the par-5 eighth hole, making back-to-back birdies in the first two days then holing a fairway iron for an eagle on Saturday. 1", "Scottie Scheffler continues his hot streak, holding off Rory McIlroy to win Masters", "Scheffler gets Masters green jacket to go with No. Scottie Scheffler and his family pose Wednesday at Erin Hills. Early Life Bio. Scottie Schefflers net worth is estimated to be around $4 million, but he has incredibly given much to his career than this much net worth and to earn the world ranking. Scotties widely considered a Texan champion as most of his development happened there. As far as the PGA Tour is concerned, he has earned an amount of nearly $13 million with much more hard work than this and a lot more coming in the upcoming days for sure. 1 spot in the world. Since then, he had a great rise in his career, where he went to win three times in 2022 at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, Arnold Palmer Invitational, and WGC-Dell Technologies Matchplay. Her favorite part about her husband's Chipotle order, however, has to do with how he eats the bowl. He won $528,000 in prize money in the tournament. And she was kind of looking around. [24] The victory was his fourth for the 2022 PGA Tour season, making him the first golfer since Arnold Palmer in 1960, and only the second ever, to win as many events including the Masters in that span of time to begin a season. Under the TOUR Championship's unique Starting Strokes format, FedExCup leader Scottie Scheffler will tee off Thursday at 10 under par. He lives in Dallas, Texas, U.S. with his wife.According to our Database, He has no children yet. "She's spent a lot of time around my parents who love golf. A post shared by Scottie Scheffler (@scottie.scheffler) On the other hand, Scottie Scheffler is married to his beloved wife, Meredith Scheffler. As a youngster he played a lot of pick-up basketball but golf was the sport he loved the most.