The Vulcan Pro has slightly lower latency, but both keyboards are more than suitable for competitive-level gaming in any genre. ROCCAT products with synched AIMO illumination across multiple devices. $103.69 . Roccat keyboards and profiles. The Corsair K100 RGB and the ROCCAT Vulcan II are wired gaming keyboards. Roccat Swarm Profiles, Macros Sharing and Tips. Also, the keycaps are made of lower-quality ABS plastic that tends to develop a shiny finish and get slippery over time. It works. Turn on profile autoswitch for both. 2016 . Change lighting, make macros, use Easy-Shift to double-duty buttons and keys.This is Pa. Unfortunately, the ABS keycaps feel a bit cheap, and the frame is a bit more flexible compared to some similarly-priced options. Example: In common shooter games key "R" triggers the function "reloading". We bought and tested the ROCCAT Vulcan 2 Max, which is the full-size version, but there's also a smaller-size version available called the ROCCAT Vulcan 2 Mini. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. (optional) Give each profile a unique color. Unfortunately, this software isn't very intuitive or well laid out. Thanks for subscribing! The Linear Red switches on the ROCCAT Vulcan II Max keyboard we bought only require light force to actuate and have a short pre-travel, making them feel responsive and well-suited for reaction-based gaming. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. I have tried games/launchers and even calculator since its fast to open. Our expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology. Starting PUBG, the lighting even changes but when I press the buttons I still have the desktop profile running. what i was referring to was creating colour schemes for the . For more details about the differences between each version, see the Differences Between Variants section below. Why would you devote so much space on your desk to a keyboard when smaller options exist? The ROCCAT Vulcan II and the ROCCAT Vulcan Pro are wired gaming keyboards with low-profile keycaps. The ROCCAT Vulcan II keyboards are available as either the full-size ROCCAT Vulcan 2 Max or the compact (65%) ROCCAT Vulcan 2 Mini. We didn't experience any issues with the software during testing; however, many users online criticize this software for requiring frequent updates, taking up disproportionate system resources, and a host of other complaints. Im planning to buy a Kone AIMO Remastered. With the rest of the RGB effects on the baseplate, it's hard to tell what's on and off, especially when the lighter colors are on. Developers can show information here about how their app collects and uses your data. ROCCAT opens R&D office in China and Asian market. Cut down the keys, amp up the RGB on the cheap. Downloaded the app to my phone and got it connected to swarm software on my pc. Thanks! While we haven't measured it ourselves, the manufacturer advertises the Mini version to have a height of 3.1 cm, a width of 32.4 cm, and a depth of 11.6 cm. PROFILE NAME. You can also program macros to any key, and the low-profile keycaps do a good job of showcasing the RGB lighting, which is fully customizable on a per-key basis. Anodised aluminium shell with a low-profile design ; Compatible with Roccat Swarm software ; 1000Hz polling rate ; The Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro is immediately striking for a number of different . I created this group to also Discuss and share Roccat Swarm Game Profile and Macros with other Steam Users, it doesn't work for me. To export a profile, make sure the device is selected that the profile you want to export is for. These keyboards use proprietary ROCCAT TITAN II Optical switches, which feel light to press and have short actuation distances, which are well-suited for gaming in any genre. But it isnt the best one. If you go into your vulcan tab @swarm, go to configuration and at the bottom left youll find presets - I found a PUBG profile there (also under C:\Users\ YourName \AppData\Roaming\ROCCAT\SWARM\preset_macro) premade macros sound interesting. Export your settings to save them, it's much safer and fool-proof.-More info: https://www.roccat.comVisit https://firstl00k.com The ROCCAT Vulcan 2 Max has a thick braided cable with two USB-A connectors to ensure the keyboard has enough power for its RGB lighting. Unfortunately, the keycaps are lower quality ABS plastic, making them slippery and prone to developing a shiny texture over time. These keyboards have good ergonomics. The Razer has marginally lower latency, but both keyboards deliver exceptional gaming performance suitable for gaming in any genre at any competitive level. these keys have a second LED light that shows you when certain secondary functions are active and can provide visual information, like when your microphone is muted or when the battery level of other paired ROCCAT peripherals is running low. Sign up for Lab Report to get the latest reviews and top product advice delivered right to your inbox. You also won't find any indication of the keyboards compatibility with Swarm on the box. The whole keyboard measures 1.4 by 12.1 by 5.2 inches (HWD) including the baseplate, which juts about an inch toward you from the trailing edge of the space bar. 1 year. Initially, my typing speed was worse, but once you got used to the Pyro's firm build . There's also a smaller version of this keyboard called the ROCCAT Vulcan 2 Mini, which has a compact (65%) form factor. The unit we tested has ROCCAT Titan Tactile switches that feel light, responsive, and offer . Unfortunately, while the build quality is good overall, the frame exhibits more flexibility than many similarly-priced models. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. This product is currently out of stock. PCMag supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownerships. I have put in a ticket to roccat as well. As part of our circle of trust, youll be the first to know of upcoming events, giveaways, new products and the latest ROCCAT news, as well as special offers only available online at ROCCAT.com. July 16, 2019 - MR Wyte77 | 0 Comments. Here is a link for a share where files can be downloaded and added. ***01:46 - Where exports are saved02:14 - How2 import if you mess up02:30 - More than 1 profile if you want02:43 - How to auto-launch a profile to a program03:21 - Profile Manager03:37 - Macro Manager (with examples)04:16 - ConclusionIf you're not familiar with AIMO lighting, check out a quick demo here:https://youtu.be/IGNGDbqj2RkI find the Profile Manager tab (shown at 03:21) to be buggy \u0026 redundant. Its a connected, organic lighting experience. I seen libraries that can be downloaded per game for Razer and Logitech, and then found Aurora that provides this for most manufacturers except Roccat, I've recently went from all Logitech, to all razer, to all Roccat peripherals and I can say Roccat despite not having the best customization software.they are fantastic products except their syn pro headset everything else is definitely worth it but if you're looking for specific game presets and custom lighting..then go for Razer or Corsair.me personally Roccat has been perfect with their AIMO software, So I went for it, Roccat Suora FX RGB on its way. (Certain keys felt too mushy in testing, while others felt too stiff.) The ROCCAT Vulcan II keyboards are inadequate for entertainment and home theatre PC setups. As a touch typist, I found it difficult to use without the included palm rest to elevate . This newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links. They also have lower latency, though both the ROCCAT and SteelSeries keyboards offer exceptional gaming performance. At around $50, the Roccat Magma Mini might seem like an attractive value for a 60 percent keyboard, but diehards will find the customization options lacking and the space saved underwhelming. While the software itself gives many options to customize one's experience with ROCCAT products, profiles offer flexibility and the option of a certain flow, depending on what the user is doing. We noted a few similarities too, though, not all of them good. ROCCAT AIMO delivers more. Is it possible to download other peoples custom lightning? Read More. Using the customization software, you can also customize the lighting on a per-key basis. Privacy Policy. There isn't any compatible software option for macOS or Linux systems, but most keys work as intended apart from windows-specific keys like Print Screen and Scroll Lock. Swarm also lets you select lighting effects or create your own, with the option to add sound feedback to the keys if you decide that they're too quiet. The top plate is made of aluminum, but the rest of the keyboard's chassis is plastic. EDIT: My G600 can do this easily and even switches profiles when alt tabbing to desktop. In undergrad I was the guy youd run to if you needed a charge, because I always had at least a few portable batteries in my bag at all times. That low profile design means that the board sits low and flat. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Three white LEDs under the baseplate shine on the Game Mode icon, along with icons for Caps Lock and Scroll Lock. The only bit of information that directs you to download the software is a small line in the Quick Start guide, which is easy to miss. For more information, please see our Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. SWARM software customizes Roccat gaming keyboards, mice and headsets. While you also have a dedicated manager, the profiles you see vary from device to device. These keyboards have low-profile keycaps, allowing more RGB lighting to shine out from the switch housings below. The ROCCAT Vulcan II keyboards are good for Programming work, though they aren't designed specifically with this use in mind. Even though this seems a little steep for a bunch of keys on a board, the price is modest compared to other high-end models. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Press J to jump to the feed. Roccat has made some additions beyond just chopping off keys, including an IP33 rating (which means the board is spill-resistant). Detachable palm rest with ergonomic design for long . Those drivers are a little bigger than the 40mm drivers in the Arctis 1 Wireless, which has the . To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a modern web browser. Yes. On the other hand, the ROCCAT Vulcan Pro keyboards are available in full-size or TKL (80%) form factors and are only available with linear red ROCCAT Titan switches.