VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Some towers like that had the ability to hinge at the base by removing one bolt and lowering it with a cable through a pulley on the side of the building to handle the weight. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. You could also probably get a crane service (rigging company) to take it down. So could I just cut off the bolt holding it upright and let it free fall with the pivot? EDIT: I'll make sure to document the procedure for possible r/holdmybeer/ karma. If you feel comfortable up there and the roof is sound and not too steep, and if there are no electrical wires close by, then have at it! Tower Installation We install Rohn 25G towers. If I was in this particular situation needing a large antenna tower removed from my property, I would perhaps state in the ad that the antenna tower is free for anyone We can remove it. No reviews. Either have two people work the come-alongs simultaneously or let out the come-alongs two or three cranks at a time so they come down slowly and evenly. Universal Towers are EASY TO INSTALL! When you are done, use some roofing cement (comes in a small paint can or in a caulking tube) to seal the holes where the legs were. Webantenna tower or alternative cellular antenna tower structure on a single lot. Click here for basic installation instructions. SUPERIOR FABRICATION. NO SURPRISES. It should drop the same way. Even with a gin pole, you need an approved safety harness and, old, probably rusted bolts can be a bear to break loose and drive out. Also, common sense, but don't > do this if there's even a slight chance of thunderstorms. Im moving into a house that has a large ham radio antenna with a tower that is bolted on to the side of the house. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Contact Jon P. Zaimes AA1K: aa1k@ARRL.net (Photo courtesy W2LL) Yes, we do tower work all winter long. You work on the antenna while down, then pull it back up. But that may be more liability then you want. 12. WebSiegels Antenna & Tower Service. Bill's Antenna Service All information is provided "AS IS." var qry=ui+':1::'+escape(base.referrer)+'::'+screen.width The AM reception on some stations is weak and some times with noise or static. ;). read all of our terms and conditions here. Dismantling it requires a jin pole clamped to the section below the one you're removing. As you might have guessed, the bolt sheared off as I was trying to loosenit. Let us try to understand )Lastly, if there are guy wires (bracing wires) attached to the roof, you mightwant some roofing sealer to make sure you don't get any leaks. You can rent them at a local equipment rental place. Licensed, insured. We were experiencing interference between our cordless phones (Panasonic KXTG2000B -- 2.4GHz -- and our wifi network. You'll need 30 feet of cable for a 30-foot tower or you'll have to lower the tower in stages. Antenna Tuners. A robust and and strudy tower ideal for light weight antennas. If it is bolted onto the roof and you take the bracesoff,make sure you patch the holes in the roof. How comfortable are you with heights? power supply, notify town, etc. Copyright Send usFeedback, 2023 Palco Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. $145.00 $112.00 shipping or Best Offer 49 watching 40 FEET-Antenna Tower Mast Pole*4' RIBBED ALUMINUM-LOT of 10- FOUR FOOT SECTIONS $224.95 $34.48 It is large and awkward, so you may want It had been upfor years, and the bolts holding each section of the mast up were rustedbadly. Only 2 left in stock - order soon. If you are new here, please review posting/commenting guidelines below. In September 2020, the NGT also directed the Bihar State Pollution Control Board to frame guidelines regarding the installation of mobile towers and its harmful WebAmerican Towers Special Series 20ft Bracketed Flat Base Residential Antenna Tower (AME20RFTOW) Your Price: $641.95 . the power lines with the antenna while removing it). WebAntenna Removal - YouTube 0:00 / 0:51 Antenna Removal Todd Stanton 337 subscribers Subscribe 12 Share 14K views 14 years ago We took it upon ourselves to bring down our Verizon is building thousands of additional 5G nodes to maximize and deliver 5G millimeter wave technology to our customers. JavaScript is disabled. Any resemblance to other opinions living ordead are purely coincidental. Then using bolt cutters to chop up the antenna in pieces (the bolts look rusted solid), and lowering the pieces with the pulley. Home Antenna towers pose multiple safety risks from falling on people and property For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. If I can do it myself are there any precautionsI need to take? After you attach the base of the come-alongs to your hardpoint, attach the movable hook end to the rope or cable at the top of the tower. (4) Height, Antenna Tower. Don't need your tower? Sub: Removal of Mobile Tower In Midst Of Residential Area at roof of H.No.1-5-256, Zaministanpur, Musheerabad Hyderabad, A.P, INDIA. EASY INSTALLATION. Theantenna was totaled, however, and Dad's friend had to make do with adifferent solution. Allow 3 to 4 days for the concrete to set up. First, are you comfortable with the ideaof going up on the roof (height, steepness of the pitch, etc.)? ProductDirectory (i.e. You need a device called a Gin pole, which basically is a pole that hooks on the section below that which you are removing, and goes up above the center of what you are taking down, and has a pulley at its top, you use to lower each section down individually. 5G small cells are similar to 4G towers in form and function. Equipment for all sizes of installations, including extended-reach crains, bucket trucks, and footing equipment. Also, becareful you don't get yourself in an awkward balancing act up on theroof, the way I did. WebRohn towers are capable of enduring the pressure of hurricane force winds, making them particularly valuable in areas subject to erratic and extreme weather conditions. CLOSED NOW. Max Wind Load: 3 sq.ft. Honestly, if it will not damage your house I would just let it fall. WADE ANTENNA 30.7-METER (101-FT) COMMERCIAL GUYED TOWER. WebOn November 18, 1982, Riggers called Antenna Engineering and asked if it was acceptable to remove the microwave baskets on the top 100-foot section of the tower so they could lift the antenna into position, and then reinstall the baskets after the section was in place. Custom Cables Built, Tested and Shipped FAST! Our WebEast Texas Towers Skip to content Website Under Maintenance Our website is currently undergoing maintenance and will be back online soon. Remember, this was a 14' ladder leaned against three 10' sections of mast. We would like to lodge complaint on behalf of residents of Zaministanpur, Musheerabad, Hyderabad 5000020 and thereby putting the life of residents in vicinity in hazardous situation. power supply, notify town, etc.). But yeah, ideally I could cantilever it somehow and do a controlled drop. Antennas Antennas-Television WebGet directions, reviews and information for Advanced Antennas in Springfield, IL. Copyright 2013-2022 - TV Antenna Man. When you are all done you can cut/break the aluminum elements from the antenna and sell them for scrap. Are there any power lines nearby? This is located in Carbondale, Illinois 62901. This model is based on a three-wire setup but can be handled just as well with a four-wire setup. Then you need to disassemble the whole mess. Locally owned and operated for over 40 years. I'm assuming people bring down the antenna (with or without the mast) and work on it on the ground, change balun, connect the coax, install the amp, etc? I had taken the precaution of tying thetwo pieces together with a rope but that did not make it easy to get thetop part down without hurting the roof or myself. It appears my Friend will help me if I climb my 30ft antenna tower and dismantle, then Also, there are some interesting low power stations in our area whicharen't on cable. Web24' FEET ANTENNA TOWER MAST POLES 4' ALUMINUM SECTIONS 6 POLES. I see that nobody takes the time to read the various post following the original beginning post anymore, Flip the house..List as having a big antenna and towerYou might make some money, Damm--Use the Antenna (s) for your Scanners--Just a Suggestion, Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums, https://natehome.com/locate_members/results.php?ID=21, Commercial licenses and amateur (ham) radio. Removing these smaller arrays first will make for an easier time removing the larger Any height. WebROHN Self-supporting G-Series towers offer an easy, low-cost solution to get light weight self supporting antenna towers in the air quickly. It might be cheaper to leave the tower where it is and just get a ham license. Tom King published his first paid story in 1976. WebMr Antenna Seattle works on towers. I was nervous to climb so I just got a cheap knockoff Bowtie and have acceptable reception at 12ft. You're new in the neighborhood: maybe the cable situation isn'tall that great. NOTE: If the antenna is supported by guy wires only, with no tripod, thenhave a pro remove it if it's particularly high. ), : Most of them aren't professionally installed. Ron Natalie wrote in message <34F98B7F@sensor.com> Yep, no big deal. Rent one of the Hi-highs, the machine with the bucket you operate yourself like phone companies use. I wasn't suggesting that any hams do the actual work, only that they would probably be able to refer you to someone who does their tower work. A community dedicated to helping people with advice on personal home improvement projects. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.