The best approach would be to simply replace the extractor. ARs are in a different category. Then refer to the Remington Society website to see the year the particular letter or letters correspond to. You must log in or register to reply here. Just did the same with an -06 and a 280. Like the 740, the 742 was sleek and streamlined, with a gas-operated action similar to that of the Model 1100 shotgun, which would debut in 1963. WebThis Remington Model 742 Woodsmaster is a right hand semi-auto rifle in .30-06 Sprg. Cyber-Hunter. Of the two, The Bar is superior. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. Your Price: _O\\. Dec 16, 2001. taking away the moments that make up a dull day. I've checked Brownells, Midway, etc. All others work fine. Something went wrong. HANDGUNS RIFLES The pistol is very well, The Remington 783, essentially a Savage design gun, performs quite well. It is outfitted with a Bushnell Banner scope. U.S. Army Veteran, Gunsmith, CWP Instructor. The gun was a sentimental thing, my buddy gave it to me before he passed away, but after fixing it 3 time's by these guy's up here that call themselve's gunsmith's, enough is enough. (Note, however, that the people who go on these websites are not the types to neglect their guns.). It definitely wasn't a tack driver but it was good enough for him to bag a few bull elk and a handful of deer with, but the range was always 200 yards or less. And if any debris accumulates within, all hell breaks loose. If you wound the animal, or miss altogether, rapid fire will usually not help. Your email address will not be published. CUSTOM ORDER: REMINGTON 700 STOCKS; 700 SHORT ACTION; 700 LONG ACTION; REMINGTON 770/710 . ), Common Remington 742 Problems and Solutions, Remington Model 11 Problems You Should Know, Remington 783 Problems that New Buyers Should Know About, 3 Common Ruger American Ranch 223 Problems. On the other hand, there are lots of horror stories. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Gun Review: Remington 597 Heavy Barrel. Webbull movie 2021 ending explained; hailee steinfeld boyfriend history; Related articles; moku meaning in telugu; weaver funeral home bristol obituaries. The detachable-box magazines malfunction. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Menck-Nut-Wrench-478-/143159788735?oid=352599399349. These letters can sometimes repeat, so you need to dig a bit deeper to know exactly which year the firearm was manufactured. Thank's guy's, that is what i figured, just swap barrel's. He ground off one side to clear the barrel. The Remington 742 Woodsmaster is a semi-automatic rifle that was first introduced in 1948. 50 - 70 US Government. The mag well might contain a ton of gunk. Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. FWIW, I've put quite a few rounds down the pipe at the range with this thing, and I have never had a failure to feed or eject with it. The case may remain in the chamber even if the extractor nibbles on the case rim. However, not all guns have a serial number, and therefore, it may be hard to determine the date they were made. Remington 742 - 7400 Barrel Take Down Nut Wrench - Brand New This The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. For good 350 yard accuracy there are undoubtedly much better choices out there, but take it to the range and let some lead fly and you might be pleasantly surprised. Take Heart, Your Remington Pump Gun is a Find Deer Rifle, The 6 Best Rifles for Hunting the Big Woods, The 6 Best Classic Rifles for Tracking Deer. Calibers produced were 6mm Rem., .243 Rem., .280 Rem. When they do sight in, its often at 50 yards (Why go farther?) at a paper plate (If I can hit that I can hit a deer.). I clicked on the green link. Used the barrel and bolt head of the 280 onto the -06 frame. Remington in their infinite wisdom used a 25/32" nut, and few people happen to have a 25/32" open end wrench laying around in their toolbox! Remington in their infinite wisdom used a 25/32" nut, and few people I reload and shoot 35 Whelen, 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 30 Carbine, and 35 Rem. WebBarrel - Ultra Match Premium, Button Rifling, Air Gauged, hand lapped 416 Stainless or 4140 CM Blued Steel. 1:8 twist, Remington 760 Stock and Forend - Model 740 742 7400 760 - Walnut Fleur-De-Lis, Douglas XX Stainless 6mm Rifle Barrel 1-8, Remington 40X Rifle Stock 22cal Heavy Barrel. If you read the same tales over and over and over, a pattern emerges, and its this: Traditional hunting autoloading rifles seem more prone to malfunction than levers, pumps, or bolts, and the odds that something will go wrong are pretty good, even with a gun that is properly maintained. Happy Newyear. For example, if the next letter is C, this means that the year the gun was manufactured is 1934. Guns Listing ID: 556070#467A Gun is in excellent condition. After losing two nice bucks, one wounded, my neighbor brought his 30-06 model 742 over to my range. Change with aftermarket magazine, clean the magazine. Remington 742 760 740 Barrel Mounted Swivel Stud Also Winchester 1894 1892 QD, Remington 7400, 740 760 30-06SPRG ORIGINAL BARREL TAKE DOWN NUT #TG1588, Remington, model 700 740 742 760, Older Model Rear Sight Base only, Remington Front And Rear Sight 700 740 742 7400 760 7600 30-06, Remington 700 S/A BULL BDL SPS VTR GLOSS BRANDY ELITE CUSTOM STOCK FREE SHIP 760, Remington 700 742 760 Front Sight w Brass Insert & Both Screws, Remington 760 Barrel Bracket Bolt Factory OEM, REMINGTON 700 - 22" .243 Win BARREL - Date Code "DD" - 2009 Production, Lyman 25 Rear Sight Base & Folding Sight ( Remington 721 725 740 760 Etc). Rifle has some very light scratches o. Remington 742 Woodmaster .30-06 semi-auto rifle 22" bbl (1973) Produced from 1960-1980! Condition I rate all of ninety five actually better than that. MGW carries Remington barrels for all the popular shogun models that Remington manufacture. Trick out or upgrade your firearm with the The barrel to receiver nut is normally loosened with a special tear-down wrench. See each listing for international shipping options and costs. The Remington 700 Barrel-These days Remington does a fine job Ensure that the chamber is dry and spotless. Btw, I used a cresent wrench on mine. Collector quality great calibe, REDUCED TO 1150 plus shipping! The yahoo with the auto rifle fired 18 rounds, which kicked up dust around the bemused beast, and then finally killed the poor thing with the 19th shot, leaving one spare in the box just in case. Gun comes with a Redfield wideview scope 3x9. 700 BDL IN 22-250 BULL BARREL 24 INCH BARREL STEEL BASE AND RINGS WITH OLDER TASCO SCOPE MADE IN JAPAN WE HAVE SHOT THIS GUN AT OUR RANGE AND IT WILL SHOOT LESS THAN 1/2 INCH GROUPS WITH FACTORY AMMO WITH OLD MEN PULLING THE TRIGGERHAHA GUN WILL EASILY RATE They jam a lot. Read Next: Winchester Model 94 vs. Marlin 336, Save big on firearms, accessories, tactical gear, clothing, and ammunition from now until March 29. It's in all original condition scope included. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. What is the difference between Remington 742 and Remington 760? I can point out that the Marlin 336 is a better lever-action rifle than the Winchester Model 94 and back up the claim, and that the Savage 99 (rotary-magazine version) is better than the Marlin, but that will not alter the Model 94s status as the deer rifle of all time. As a result, the chamber is left with unburned powder, flakes, and flash residue. 1661 Behrens RD. People wanted tactical 700s, and Remington responded. Here are some of the most common complaints: Related: The 8 Best Lever Action Rifles Ever Made. I've also seen a guy modify a 20mm socket to fit. So, if you want to purchase the gun, you may do it as a side piece to your collection. As a rule, hunters who buy semi-autos have no faith in their marksmanship. Use the wrong make and bullet type and youre in trouble. I used a file to fit an open end wrench to the nut. Shilen The first letter youll see will be one of these: B, L, A, C, K, P, O, W, D, E, R, X. WebGreat deals on Remington Barrel Rifle Parts. They prefer 150 or 165gr loads over 180gr ones, and will shoot 1.5 groupings. The Barrel nut on my 742 is 25/32in. WebKeyword: remington 742 woodsmaster; Clear all filters 21.5 BARREL. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. I had a friend that has a 742 carbine in 30-06. Their Remove all oil and debris from the chamber before using it. Guns Listing ID: 562045This rifle is in good condition as you can see from the pictures provided. By the way, that sound was the last thing Bonnie and Clyde ever heard. Each end is slightly different in size.One end fits the 742 model and the other end fits the 7400 model.It is McGowan Barrel, REMINGTON MODEL 700 STAINLESS FLUTED 308 VARMINT /TARGET. WebGet the best deals for remington 700 223 barrel at eBay.com. The barrel was removed to clear a jam and now he can't get it tight again. This does not allow for use of ANY re-manufactured or factory-built ammunition regardless of bullet diameter used. The thicker barrel reduces barrel vibration, and takes longer to heat up, allowing more shots on target They both have the same receiver and barrel assembly. I use a 20mm end wrench with some duct tape in the jaws to avoid marring. Light edge wear bottom of receiver, Remington Model 742 BDL Woodsmaster Deluxe .30-06 semi-Auto, Made in 1968, 22 inch barrel, Original sights, Beautiful Basket weave Monti-Carlo stock and forearm, Black pistol gip and forend caps, Slin, REMINGTON 742 WOODSMASTER IN .30-06 CAL., WITH 22" BARREL. Web50 Caliber (.510" groove) 1:18 twist. 675.00 REMINGTON 742 30-06 SEMI-AUTO Laval / North Shore Feb 3, 2023 - 8:57 AMRENE65 I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner For what it's worth, I think you could actually swap with a 30-06. Either because they were manufactured illegally to be sold for personal use. How many Remington 742 Carbine did they make? Actually, The 742A is the "Woodsmaster" and the 742 BDL is the "Deluxe". WebRemington shotgun barrels are the perfect replacement or upgrade component for your Additionally, the problem with the bolt lugs grinding into the receiver was known to cause these to have a short shelf life. Read more; Quick View. It is outfitted with a Bush, This Remington Model 742 Woodsmaster is a right hand semi-auto rifle in .30-06 Sprg. Which stock Remington 742 was the most aesthetic? WebNew Listing Remington 742 760 740 Barrel Mounted Swivel Stud Also Winchester 1894 It was fast-firing, soft-recoiling, and seemingly ideal for deer hunters who cruised the big woods. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. WebThe model Remington 742 woodsmaster rifle is semi automatic. WebShop for Remington rifle parts and accessories with Numrich Gun Parts, the world's largest supplier of gun parts. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. WebCarlsons 87004 Remington 870 Barrel 12GA 18.5" Blued. 1,530. John has been repairing Remington autos for 40 years: The 742 has a gas system that no one ever maintains or reads the owners manual on how to clean it. Vermonter Larry Benoit, who came to great fame as a taker of stupefying whitetails, used a 742 with a big rear peep and a gold front sight. It has a 22 inch barrel. 50 Alaskan. They appear as numbers and letters, each of which represents the year, month, and date of manufacture. This rifle is in excellent condition. CLEAN INSIDE WITH AN EXCELLENT BORE. It uses a straigh. Because the extractor attempts to chamber a new round while the old shell is still inside. Or the extractors can break just because they feel like it. Just $1 per month , Are you a big-woods hunter who loves his Remington auto? Apart from that, they are reliable and quite accurate. That way, if someone uses izt to commit a crime, you are not going to get into trouble with the police if the gun is recovered. It features a side ejection port and a free-, REMINGTON 742 CARBINE.30-06 ABOUT AS NICE AS IT CAN BE WITHOUT THE BOX 1095.00 45.00 SHIP AND INSURE If you are WEST of the Mississippi shipping will be $10.00. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. !! My old man hunted with a Remington 742 in .30-06 the whole time I was growing up. Cal. 1250 SHIPPED WITH INSURANCE. It is lighter and handles well with the short barrel but the muzzle blast is something to behold. Accuracy Systems' location is not a retail/store front. WebThis REM 742 Woodsmaster Carbine is a semi-automatic rifle chambered in 30-06. Used. If you have your finger inside the ejection port when you remove the magazine, the bolt will slam forward and smash your finger. However, my cousin has the 742 in the .243. An These letters are the month codes, and each letter corresponds to a month on the calendar. Remington 742 7400 Barrel Take Down Wrench NEW - Build by Bad@$$ - Fast Shipping, 1970 Remington 742 barrel Very Good/Excellent Used, Remington 742 Barrel- 22"- 30-06 Model 742 -23702A, Remington Front And Rear Sight 700 740 742 7400 760 7600 30-06, Remington 742 Barrel- 22"- 30-06 Model 742, Remington 742 22 Inch Barrel 30-06 Model 742 Good Condition Read Description, Remington 742 Rifle Barrel 30-06 Factory Original Used Blue 22 in 1979 Made, Remington 700, 740, 742, 7400, 7600 Hooded Front Sight And Rear, Remington Model 742 Barrel- 22" Long- 30-06 Model 742, Remington 740 742 Barrel Mounted Swivel Stud Also Winchester 94 Marlin 336, Remington 742, 740, WOODMASTER 30-06SPRG ORIGINAL BARREL TAKE DOWN NUT #TG1943, Remington 742 760 740 Barrel Mounted Swivel Stud Also Winchester 1894 1892 QD, Remington 742 22 Inch Barrel 30-06 Model 742 Good Condition.