20 of 21. . Allow cake to cool completely. Scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl halfway through mixing. Tara. 10 Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipes Full of Cozy Fall Flavor . I was in a mad rush to take these pictures so that the remainder of the cake would not end up a full calamity. It's that good. All pans are not the same size. Beat for 1 minute. I love a gas cooktop (and miss it), yet the incongruity of the gas stove is dreadful for baking. Pumpkin Spice Cake With Honey Frosting, 22. I have to pour out about a cup of batter to make sure it does not overflow (I just make a small cake in a little pan) but it is the most deelish cake and the frosting is just divine. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Super Moist Spice Cake Sallys Baking Addiction, 9. For the icing: While the cake is baking, make the icing. Have a great night. 2. Love the whole beautiful idea of this cake! Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the sugar mixture until combined. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Are all tube pans the same size? Add cumin and cayenne; cook and stir for 1 minute. o.k. 2 cups brown sugar 1/2 cup butter 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 eggs 2 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of. Blackstrap molasses is darker in flavor and a bit too strong for this delicate spice cake. Make sure the icing is not so soft that it would slide off the cake. Return to heat and bring to boil for 1 minute. Stir to combine. Pour cup of water over top. Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, 18. from Apple Spice Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting Recipe. Cut the butter into the baking mix until fine crumbs form. I was generous with the spices as others suggested. Combine all of the ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil. Set aside. Followed the spice measurements except the mace, which I doubled because it was old, and grated fresh nutmeg. Beat in 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup oil. Then sprinkle the pan with flour to coat the bottom and sides. Perhaps your oven is not heating properly or evenly. Popeyes Red Beans And Rice Recipe - Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Popeyes Red Beans And Rice Recipe, Quince Jam Recipe Low Sugar : How to Make Perfect Quince Jam Recipe Low Sugar, Pioneer Woman Marinated Olives / View Cooking Directions, Popeyes Red Beans And Rice Recipe - Easiest Way to Prepare , Quince Jam Recipe Low Sugar : How to Make Perfect Quince Ja. Best Spice Cake Frosting Freeze in separate containers or freeze once assembled. Continue boiling until the icing turns a light caramel color, 5 to 7 minutes. My objective is to organize these sources and help you find the best blog posts for each selected topic with the goals of saving you time and money. For more baking deliciousness try one of Susan's classic recipes, Pecan Crispies. Visit this site for details: www.thebakerchick.com. Gradually blend in powdered sugar and vanilla. All the ingredients are found in the pantry and spice cupboard! Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. (it smells amazing, btw!). Source Image: bakeorbreak.com. For the salted caramel sauce: Add the brown sugar, cream, butter, vanilla and salt to a pan and cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until thickened and combined, about 5 minutes. Best Spice Cake Frosting In a classically made light and bubbly French moussebeautiful! Really did not recognize this up until I cooled it as well as tried it and it was fairly bitter. Your email address will not be published. Copyright 2006-2023, The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond.All Rights ReservedPowered by WordPress. This recipe is designed with the intent of making it simple and easy to store. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and eggs. I added 1/2 cup of applesauce in place of one egg (eggs and I dont get along) and also added 1/8 tsp of cardamom and 1/8 tsp of ginger (because I love those flavors). Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread to even out the surface. @2021 - All Right Reserved. Visit this site for details: www.foodandwine.com. Want a cookbook of our best dessert recipes? Shortening gives the cake a fine crumb, and soft texture. It was extremely damp. Gradually whisk in dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). 2023 Warner Bros. Stop after 1 minute to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl then continue to beat for the second minute. See my full disclosure. For the caramel icing: Combine cream cheese and caramel sauce in a medium sized bowl. Start by beating the butter and cream cheese together, then add the caramel sauce and the vanilla. 11. Let cool completely in the pan. It rose nearly out of the pan, then settled down with a light crisp layer of cake on top. This was for an event the next day so there was no screening it out till after that. I wound up putting it in a mason container and also leaving it at room temperature. The cupcakes came out amazing! For cake, in a large bowl, beat sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. First, it was straightforward to make. Make that 24 million and one. I used King Arthur AP flour and it was leaden. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed for 3 minutes. I'll tell you about the high-ratio baking method used to make an easy spice cake recipe, and what frosting goes with this old fashioned dessert. Pumpkin rum cake recipe courtesy of ree drummond total: An incredibly rich, luscious espresso cake by ree drummond. Pecan Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting Recipe Van Wyck, 14. Homemade spice cake with creamy caramel icing is light and flavorful. Let the cakes cool completely before making the icing. Place 1 cup prunes in medium sauce pan and cover with water. They are buttery, crunchy, and nutty. Chocolate seven-minute frosting. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and cream after each. 3. If the sauce is too thin, just continue cooking for a few more minutes. Step 2. This recipe begins by mixing together the wet ingredients, then alternating between adding small amounts of the dry ingredients and canned pumpkin. But I had to cook it an hour and 30 minutes, and the top burned, had to slice it off, and the cake wasn't light at all and had what my grandma called a "sad streak" like a pound cake. Make Caramel Icing: in a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter; stir in 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/3 cup cream. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined for about a minute. Enter your name here, and I'll send my Brownie Tips Sheet right to your inbox. In a separate bowl, sift together 1 cups flour, 1 teaspoons soda . Remove the mixture from heat and place into a large bowl or into the bowl of a stand mixer. Packed with garlic and fresh dill, these crisp dill pickles will add a boost of flavor to any meal. Add the flour and stir until combined. Combine water, butter and peanut butter in a medium-large, microwave-safe bowl. Enjoy iced or you can even enjoy warm during the fall and winter months. Sift the cake flour and then measure out 3 cups into a large mixing bowl. from Spice Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting. Set aside. Combine the sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, baking soda, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium until smooth, about 3 minutes. We tried drizzling it and you shouldn't. Thanks for this recipe and the pointers on making ganache as well as caramel the day before. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves and set aside. I did use her recipe for the Caramel Glaze. Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk. Source Image: www.foodandwine.com. I am making this now for the first time, and just realized there is no information in the recipe about what size pan to use. Pioneer woman pumpkin cheesecake bars. With a graham cracker crust, a spiced pumpkin filling and a cream cheese whipped topping, . from Spice Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Once again, thank you for this terrific recipe. Many thanks for sharing! Visit this site for details: justapinch.com. If you are looking for an authentic stovetop caramel icing, that works with this cake too. e. Delicious spice cake with a super easy caramel icing. Using a rubber spatula, fold in apples. Continue to cook until the syrup turns to medium or dark brown in color. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This is the first step of the high-ratio method. Bring slowly to a boil and keep it hot. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. I found one for Apple Banana Muffins, which I altered to the point of barely recognizable to the original recipe. This is definitely one of the best cakes I've ever made! This old-fashioned recipe has a lovely light texture, which is due to a mixing technique called the "high-ratio method." I can currently state with confidence that I will certainly never ever use a gas oven again. Good luck! The classic pairing for spice cake is cream cheese frosting, and this recipe adds a little jarred caramel sauce for a super delicious combination. Source Image: notsohumblepie.blogspot.com. Best Spice Cake Frosting Oh so deliciousI am trying hard not to go back for another piece. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; beat in egg. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add vanilla. Let stand 10 minutes. Grease an 88-inch pan. From scrumptious meringue to brilliant banana bread as well as towering tiered cakes, weve obtained a cake recipe for every event. Cool on wire rack completely before frosting. I though the cake was good; it didnt blow me away on flavor, but it was good, moist cake. For the icing: Cook on high power for 2-2 minutes or until the butter is melted. A few tablespoons? I made this cake in a Bundt pan and changed the icing a bit to make it thinner. This recipe calls for cake flour, but if you dont have any, you can substitute a mix of all-purpose flour and cornstarch to get a similarly soft texture. I fashioned a pumpkin version of sorts for the food section at the Chicago Tribune when I worked there, but Mother's original is superior: murky and dark and complex underneath, but with a crazy sweet caramel icing on top. Spoon into the prepared 13x9-inch pan. Cream together shortening and sugars until fluffy. She collects recipes she finds at flea markets and antique stores, then bakes them and lets us know the winners! Hi Ellie, You commented on the Spice Cake Recipe so I'm not sure what dark cocoa reference you are talking about. I tried once again. It was amazing and wet. ), Homemade Red Velvet Cake With Cooked Frosting, Hummingbird Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe, Chocolate Cupcakes With Malted Milk Frosting, Red Devil's Food Cake With Vanilla Frosting, Applesauce Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting, Classic 1-2-3-4 Cake (With Variations) Recipe, Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting, Moist Fig Preserves Cake With Caramel Glaze. Cinnamon is the main flavor and the ground cloves, nutmeg, and allspice balance it out. I despise the pics too, and also literally re-edited them 3 entire times (plenty of hours). In the top of a double boiler over medium heat, heat the chocolate and butter, stirring, until melted, about 5 minutes. I line the pan with parchment paper and then spray the parchment with cooking spray. Is the cream in the icing heavy or light? Preheat oven to 350 degrees. August 29, 2009 by Tiffany King 11 Comments. It is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for meal prep! I will be making this cake again for a big crowd. Stir until just combined. Remove from heat, drain water, and mash on a plate. Hi Madeline, thank you for the lovely comment and great additions with the dark brown sugar and cocoa powder! And just like the South, you'll keep going back to it even past the point when it seems to be verging on an unhealthy addiction. In a saucepan, boil together 1 tablespoon shortening, cup cold milk, corn syrup and brown sugar until temperature reaches 235F (soft-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Glad you liked it! Gather the ingredients. Batter will be thin. of vinegar, 1 stick of butter, softened but not melted. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon and cloves. So easy, quick and delicious youll make it much more often going forward. The best hummus ever with just two ingredients! Add vanilla and then eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each egg. This is one recipe that will be a family favorite! Mix together the baking mix and brown sugar in a large bowl. Vegan meatballs that are also low-carb! Boil it for 1 minute. Make certain you do not fold the egg whites in entirely, you still wish to see several of the white little bits floating on top. Visit this site for details: www.marthastewart.com. This pumpkin cake recipe makes an incredibly moist cake with the right amount of spice. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment; set aside. This is my mother's spice cake, but I got the recipe from my sister. Never heard "sad streak: before, but that is usually where the cake fell. a Remove from the heat. Cool the cake in the pan for 20 minutes and then loosen it with a butter knife run around the edge. How do you make pumpkin spice cake from scratch? The texture was excellent- very soft and somehow both dense and light. (Obviously.) Steps: For the brownies: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper. My mom used to make a spice cake with what she called caramel icing for my birthdays. Best Spice Cake Frosting In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and milk together until combined. A fresh and bright side dish for both Mexican and Asian cuisine. round baking pans. Make the cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. A drizzle of salted caramel sauce on top is the perfect finishing touch. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Let me know! I bought fresh spices and used the amounts called for in the recipe. Beat 2-3 minutes using high speed of mixer. Baked goods made with store-bought puree tend to have a deeper pumpkin taste. Plus, its much more convenient. Finally! The spices are not overpowering, but you can definitely taste them. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Any and all recipes are welcome (with a few rules). Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until lightened, about 3 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. I forgot to ask. Yes. This simply yields a different, fine texture (plus it's super easy). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remove the pan from the heat, and beat until creamy. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk, and butter. Order my new cookbook & stick around for amazing things to eat. 1. Good job, Tiffany! Li, The thought of marinating those salty olives with chicken s, Pioneer Woman Spice Cake With Caramel Icing. . ITALIAN SAUSAGE, GRILLED MUSHROOM, PROVOLONE CHEESE AND SLAW PANINI WITH RANCH ADOBO SAUCE. The icing will get a crisp crust if frozen on the cake. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature., Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting achieves spreading consistency. from Not So Humble Pie Pumpkin Spice Cake with Whipped Cream. Make up some cream cheese frosting to top it off. You expect a cake like this to be heavy, but ENunn's mother's recipe produces a cake that's finely textured and featherweight. Step. Turn the mixer off, drizzle in the salted caramel sauce, turn the mixer back on and mix until combined. I do think there's a difference. Hi Ellie, The recipe is a vintage recipe and I stayed true to the details, which say the cake serves 8. Cook over high heat, cleaning down the sides of the pot with a bread brush dipped in water as required to prevent crystals. Totally up to you! Pour cake batter into prepared pans and bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. FROSTING: Mix all ingredients in a 3-4 quart cast iron dutch oven. Spoon the batter into liners, filling them almost full. This Czech recipe has been passed down through our family for generations. Hm. This old-fashioned spice cake recipe requires a few more special ingredients. Shake the pan, then dump out the excess flour. Don't over beat the frosting.. Like many recipes with spices, this cake is best when made a day before serving. In saucepan, mix together peanut butter, water and margarine. It's an easy spice cake recipe, so you don't have to use a spice cake mix to get that nostalgic, classic flavor. Make the caramel icing: In a clean saucepan, melt 3/4 cup butter, 3 and 1/2 cups brown sugar, 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup evaporated milk (or heavy cream), and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Combine 1 cup oil, 1 cup sugar, and 3 eggs. Best brunch idea ever! Every item on this page was chosen by a The Pioneer Woman editor. Remove from oven and place in wire rack to cool. Stir in vanilla. Cake flour has a lower protein content than all-purpose flour, which results in a lighter, fluffier cake. In a small bowl, combine the apple chunks and sprinkle with . Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually add the powdered sugar. Combine buttermilk and dissolved baking soda. Super Moist Spice Cake Sallys Baking Addiction. Want to watch videos to show you how to cook? Best Spice Cake Frosting This recipe is a vintage gem found by my friend Susan LaRosa, who writes the blog A Cake Bakes In Brooklyn. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. I received countless matches as well as people were surprised that I made it from square one. Also, I used a 9x13-inch pan and cooked for the same amount of time. "Neapolitan" layer cake, and more. Join Our Our Happy Cooking Community. Best Spice Cake Frosting This is something that can be adjusted to your taste and you can absolutely increase the spices by about 25% if you prefer a more intense spice flavor. Step 2. The icing I made was a matte color, not shiny like the photo here. Pour into the prepared pots (or 9-by-13-inch pan if using) and put them on a baking sheet. Melt butter in saucepan then add brown sugar and cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. I have a confession to make. Caramel Icing 1 stick butter To prevent your frosting from melting and sliding off the cake, wait until the cake has completely cooled before frosting it. A 1/4 cup? Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Being from the South, I come from a rather, ah. directions. Low & Slow Oven Baked Ribs - Super Simple! A week or so ago, Ifed my family muffins and milk for dinner. The wet ingredients are then whisked into the dry mixture. Cream shortening, both sugars, and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add about of the dry ingredients and blend together, then add the rest of the dry ingredients & mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Should it do that, even at room temperature? In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, oil, and sugars, then stir in the eggs and vanilla. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Scroll to the bottom of the page to rate and comment on this recipe. I found that adding molasses made the cake taste more like gingerbread, even though I love that flavor and love the color added, I wanted the flavor of the spices to shine through. I thought about adding them to the batter, but I like the idea of them sprinkled on top. Source Image: www.siftingfocus.com. The glaze will need to cool for about 10 minutes before pouring over the cake. Mix to combine, and then sprinkle the mixture over the apples. Preheat the oven to 35oF. Sift together the flour, baking soda, allspice . Beat the sugar and vegetable oil with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large mixing bowl. Bake just until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool to lukewarm. Thats it. My kids devour it. Spoiler: this old-fashioned spice cake recipe is a winner! Visit this site for details: notsohumblepie.blogspot.com. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then let the cakes cool completely. Cream sugar and butter. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. In a large cast-iron skillet, bring sugars, milk and butter to a boil over high heat. , p.s. 10. Visit this site for details: www.siftingfocus.com. Step 3. This is an overview of the ingredients. I jabbed the cake around as well as heated up the sugar/cinnamon blend in the microwave just until it glistened-about 20 seconds- after that unloaded it on the still warm cake, spread it around. Thanks for that. Make sure you start with well-softened cream cheese and butter for easily blending and no lumps. Made wholesome ingredients like fresh ginger, lemon and raw honey. Directions. Visit this site for details: www.crunchygooey.com. Pico de Gallo is a delish and reliable staple to go along with your summer meals. Include the egg whites to the cake batter and carefully fold them in. I doubled this recipe and also made my very own 9 inch, 4-layer birthday cake with some big twists in the decorations. If I does set up while spreading, add a few DROPS of very hot water and stir it again and spread it on the cake. Thank you for the recipe, I will most definitely be making this again. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Carefully beat with an electric mixer at high speed until icing reaches spreading consistency, about 15 minutes. by 13-in. Fig Cake II - Allrecipes . They tasted wonderful, but had a strange texture. Add vanilla. I actually enjoyed this cake more on the second a,d even third days. Our familys favorite dill pickles! Add cream and continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil. Grease and flour a bundt pan, making sure to hit the sides of the pan firmly to remove excess flour. After the cake has completely cooled, wrap it in plastic wrap firmly and place it in the freezer for up to three months. So, here is her recipe if you want to try a different icing. Would this work in a bundt pan? Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 13x9-inch pan. Serve with caramel icing. I find most spice cakes have too much nutmeg, or often taste like gingerbread instead of spice cake. Both the cake and the frosting are great on their own, but together they are really amazing! Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until a smooth batter forms, about 2 min. Steps: For the brownies: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Visit this site for details: www.lifeloveandsugar.com. It needs to be pourable. Mix until smooth. The icing is really good. Do not stir. For the caramel icing: Mix 3 cups of the sugar and the milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Serve with ice cream if desired. Best Spice Cake Frosting Apple Spice Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting Recipe. In a mixing bowl blend together the flour, sugar, shortening, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, and baking powder. The mixture will be slightly lumpy. Beat the sugar and vegetable oil with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Beat on medium-high for 20 seconds. It will also lead to how this cake was born. After an hour you have an ideal 3 layer cake with one of the most tasty custard layer. I like to use simple unsulphured molasses instead of blackstrap. The spices are pervasive, the icing concentrated and sweet, the height of the cake breath-taking. I prefer it when this happens! A Part of Hearst Digital Media The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, . Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously greased and floured 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan. Filed Under: Dessert, Uncategorized Tagged With: applesauce, bananas, cake, caramel, dessert, spice cake mix. Add eggs one at a time, waiting until the first is fully incorporated before adding the second. Turn off heat. Remove the cakes from the oven. Make Caramel Icing: in a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter; stir in 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/3 cup cream. Grease and flour a 10-in. Well, Ive got a treat for you! Thanks. Best Spice Cake Frosting Spread cup icing on one cake, then top with second layer. 2. I offered that he could fixan egg for himself, but he downed 4 or 5 muffins in just a few minutes and seemed satisfied. I dabbled with the recipe and also decided mint was my new go-to active ingredient. If too thick, add a little more milk or a small amount of cream. Taking the idea from the comments, I added a little salt to the caramel icing. For the cake: Enter: this perfectly spiced, caramel-glazedpumpkin bundt cake. Also adore your dinner of muffins and milk! This Instant Pot wild rice soup is loaded with protein and vegetables, and it is so easy to make. 2 weeks ago allrecipes.com Show details . Cool completely and frost with caramel icing. I think it would be around 325-250 F for about 25-27 minutes, but start checking them a few minutes earlier. It came out perfectly. Prepare 3 9-inch cake pans. I had no idea that you could substitute cake flour with all purpose flour and cornstarch. From mid-August through the holidays, regardless of the temperature outside, its .css-1c1h30u{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#12837c;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-1c1h30u:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}pumpkin spice season. It turned out well however Im pinning your recipe so I can do some points in breakthrough following time. Frost and refrigerate until serving. Preheat oven to 350F. Put that slow cooker to work and rest easy knowing you have a warm meal waiting for you at the end of the day! Phew! A couple of mins later on I covered this with the icing. The applesauce and banana made this cake both flavorful and very moist. In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and vanilla. Liked our most convenient ever chocolate fudge cake? Spice Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting, 7. I only use Dutch Farms and Land O lakes. But if youre wondering if its worth it to roast your own pumpkin, the answer is no. Should I remake it? These little plant-based balls of yum are keto-friendly, gluten-free and have a perfect meat-replacing texture. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment; set aside. 3 In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Put the cake mix and all the other ingredients in a large mixer bowl, and mix until well blended.