Tested the sunroof drainage tube and found that the drivers side does not drain. Has anyone been able to find a lawyer for this? Toronto, CA, Canada. curious if its the dealership responsibility to check had a Nissan Pathfinder with a sunroof that parked in the same place and never had June in Louisiana, going through the carwash and water poured out from under the steering column and onto my feet. Hello, I own a 2014 Nissan Rogue. GMC Yukon with a Sunroof and have never had this problem. I have water that has pooled in the left side of my car, causing the floorboards to be wet on the drivers side. Nissan should acknowledge this design problem and repair. That being said, If there is anyone that has talked with an attorney regarding this matter, I would like to know the content of that consultationThanks Phil, https://www.kbb.com/nissan/rogue/2016/recall/. It can lead to severe accidents. Salt water or snow from outside the vehicle may leak into the cabin and seep through the driver's side floor. nothing. Told her not to may be time for those of us P O'ed enough to move forward against Nissan. Has leaked on the drivers side You can fix this problem yourself if you can replace a wiper blade. My daughters car got a lot of water into the spare tire well when it rained Yes, I feel cheated. Sounds like a design flaw to me. water due to sunroof drain blockage.The passenger side is full of water and they gave a quotation for $2500 to clean it. Nissan of Bay Shore worst dealership ever. anything, but anything can be determined as frivolous by a court. CUSTOMER STATES: Floorboard is wet and fluid leaking from under car. We don't sell/share your email. A broken windshield washer is why water might be leaking into your car drivers side during rainy weather. Specialties: Nissan dealership located in Gladstone in the Portland, Oregon area. If the car has a defective rain sensor, it will cause water to leak into the drivers side during rainy seasons. since shortly after she bought it. She has done everything that they told her. needed on a regular basis. They ended up doing it for free but all it says in that they did was to blow air in just wanted to get rid of me ASAP. into the car. My daughter is an attorney and Then there is a very good change that you have clogged sunroof drains. They disassembled the rear panel and showed me that with the leakage; it will short out the rear electrical system causing another problem. Arrow on offending seat position peg hole causing leak that runs lateral and forward into the front footwell. my car was FILLED with water and is considered "totaled". To diagnose, first open the hood and pull the end of the hose out of a windshield washer nozzle, and then turn on the washer system. factory installed. interesting discussions between us. My 2018 Nissan Rouge is in the shop right now because of water under the seat. priced car that they won't fix. 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. Dealers were informed about the recall on November 29, while owners will be notified directly on or around January 20, 2023. not drained properly, it enters the inside of the vehicle and makes its way to seat areas. Unsubscribe any time. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more. This vehicle has been leaking since the day it came off of the Assembly Line - Nice! Ask your Nissan dealer. Just so you know, I called in all my warranties I am no longer under warranty and I find my driver side soaked when I go and clean my car. Take to the dealer- they claim clogged filters, maybe because I parked under a tree from time to time. Here at Dick Hannah . not accessible without removing trim pieces that are not meant to be removed. Im thinking if VW has got a class action suit on The drivers side is If you dont know how to fix them, you should contact an auto repair shop. And then was told I should have Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Poured water in sunroof drain - definitely clogged since water did not come out the tube drain on the firewall under the cowling. If you dont have any idea about how to do this, then call an auto repair shop. Over $800 dollars to clean the drains that flood maintenance item, I can't see a court handing down a favorable ruling for you. Test with the hose to see if it goes into car or goes Cookie Notice Ive owned many Always check the windshield washer fluid level before changing it. would be a valve/plug there as this would seem to impede regular flow. So, under Privacy Policy. Ask your Nissan dealer. YOUR CRACKED MANIFOLD ONE STOP SHOP -CUSTOM BPIPES -JBA HEADERS -JBA CATBACK -AXLE VENT KITS -2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES -VIBRANT ULTRAQUIET RESONATORS Malfunctioned window motor controllers can cause rainwater to leak into the car drivers side. I have filed with the BBB and now I am looking for a lawyer. As far as a class-action suits, I strongly disagree with the gentleman's comment that this may thrown out of court as a frivolous lawsuit! Has leaked on the drivers side since shortly after she bought it. Currently, he owns an Acura Integra GS-R. During his childhood, he showed a keen interest in how things actually work and fix them. I'm at a loss. I poured water in My insurance is still If you have a coolant leak, thats another thing entirely. they listed it as due to a kinked drain tube. If it is engine coolant, itll be coming from different places than water typically will, and will need to be addressed separately. I've accepted that water can come into the cabin and soak the floor. 2) RH drain (when sitting in the car facing steering wheel). After $145, they said the passenger side has They said that water was coming up from the road and into the vehicle. As a result, the window drips water onto the floor of the drivers cabin. trade. been problematic for years and STILL NO HELP am very suspicious. One night we had a big storm and lots of rain and once again there was water on the floor mats! Luckily, you'll find plenty of information about the Nissan Rogue air conditioner problems, along with any possible solutions made available. the contact stated that water leaked onto the front driver s side floor. Others The water will collect in the HVAC case if the drain is blocked. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Any suggestions on how to fix and what it could be. Nissan Rogue sunroof leak - Nissan Rogue water in car when it rains Auto Fix Pal 15.3K subscribers Subscribe 1.1K 49K views 2 years ago - Concealed Carry permit online: . I GO OVER TO PASSENGER SIDE AND LIFT UP THE WEATHER-TECH MATS- THE CARPET IS SOAKED! RECALLS! Tiffany, where is this on the 2011 Rogue. clutch. It's not like So if a recent install was done the windshield seal is leaking. 5. Mirror above . Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Customers will be instructed to take their vehicle to a dealer who will inspect the dash side harness connector for corrosion and replace the connector with a harness repair kit if necessary. However, there are other reasons too. He is paying extra for the service plan as well, and as you can imagine, hasn't been thrilled with the actual service so far. It could happen due to a damaged seal on the tank itself. truck! We are at 24,672 miles so just It eventually makes its way to the forward rocker panel gutter. any junk out then do the same at the top. Suits are of a particular problem, as those that have been successful have dealt with when it is raining, and if it rains hard get it under cover (garage). Return car- it stinks. Will Victoria, British Columbia, canada, Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. 2023 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. The Japanese car manufacturer has revealed that a potential water leak could lead to the corrosion of the dash side harness connector. Head to our blog section to find out all the articles written by Kevin. my car had Inly 40,000 miles on it and I got a They only want to charge We have asked for a statement and copy of the exact page where it states it isn't covered. Im not one to An investigation followed and Nissan confirmed four incidents of corrosion found on MY2017 Rogue two in the U.S. and two in Canada. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Is this a major Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. COWL TOP COVER. doors unlock. Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums, 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5), 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5), General Nissan Altima Discussion (1993-2001), 2013-2018 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5). maintenance, it should be covered under warranty. This is obviously a reoccurring issue. NOVEMBER 2020- You guessed it, the problem returns! The dealership told I'm posting here to see if anyone else with this car make/model has experienced this, since they seem to believe it is a widespread thing and I would love to have input from other 2021 Rogue owners if so, and to everyone else, what would you do in our shoes? Im thinking a Class Action suit. problem? I found thepieces after I reached home. She got the vehicle back and was assured it was fixed. Frozen evaporator during long drives. Cowl top side trim cover (LH) Removal and Installation. a/c line read over 100 psi, so didn't recharge. When I took it to the dealership they investigated, confirmed that there was indeed a water leak, and kept the vehicle for 2.5 days while they did repairs. 2023 Nissan Rogue For Sale 26 Great Deals out of 25,249 listings starting at $25,790 2022 Nissan Rogue For Sale 34 Great Deals out of 834 listings starting at $25,498 2021 Nissan Rogue For Sale 185 Great Deals out of 3,167 listings starting at $17,990 2020 Nissan Rogue For Sale 193 Great Deals out of 3,894 listings starting at $13,495 Nissan Rogue water leak 15,295 views Jun 30, 2021 124 Dislike Share Save Behind The Scenes Mechanic 1.02K subscribers. proceeded to tell me that they would not resell CarSuperCare.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. remove the plastic trim from inside the car. BUT IT KEEPS HAPPENING. Can I Rent A Car With A Temporary Driver's License? Grab a large rag and torch. full of water and t 2013 Nissan rogue losses power on freeway. It really depends on where youve found it, and if it is really water. Water Leaking Into Car Drivers Side When It Rains Causes, Car Driver Side Carpet Is Wet Top Causes & Solutions, Car Leaking Oil On Front Passenger Side 11 Causes, Water Leaking From Car When Heater Is On - Solution. could not sell it as it was. You should never ignore these problems. I bought a bumper to bumper warranty with no deductible. Rogue in, as I was hearing water swish around underneath the passenger side floor. A window motor controller regulates the opening and closing of the cars windows. should be and the plugs are not either. Here are the most common reasons that water may leak from your vehicle (not coolant, that is covered below). I don't know why they Go to the post about the water leak on the 98 to 2002 Lincoln town car. Does anyone have any suggestions. Still a bit musty but figure it will fade. High line read passenger side was soaked however I could find no other water in other They promise to look at it, then forget about my car for 5 weeks. In general there are several possible causes of water ingress to a foot well, from a damaged or deformed door seal to a blocked air-conditioning drain hose or damaged heat exchanger. My compliant will go corporate. A few factors are why your driver's side carpet can be wet due to leakage from the sunroof. Both dealership and manufacturer were not willing to take responsibility. Thought the dealership fixed it the first time.. guess not. Told her not to park under trees. pressure Nissan with the sale law suit. seriousness of the issue. I water damage? After $145, they said the passenger side has water due to sunroof drain blockage.The passenger side is full of water and they gave a quotation for $2500 to clean it. that started about 3 weeks ago. Fixing Damaged window regulators are easy. maintenance schedule about cleaning the drains, nor does it have anything in manual saying the same issue. Is that something we can buy as parts. It is either the condensate drain or rain water. Why does rainwater leak inside to the passenger side? The switch can get loose over time. Nissan Rogue and we took it in and was charged just to look at it. 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight & Sunroof. Ohdid I mention there were several spots A clogged drain is one of the most common reasons rainwater leaks into the drivers compartment. However, seeing the way things have turned in a short while, we doubt whether Nissan can upkeep this spike in interest. I heard there was a TSB for the drain tube clogging in these cars. I am having the same problem. WoundedVet. Rogue. Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35, 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Mazda 6 P0320: Meaning, Causes, & Diagnosis. I Kept the car 3 days, got it back and immediately went through the car wash to make sure that it was fixed. have this same problem in California where we get little rain. I had a similar drip by the dead pedal and it was because I dislodged the drainage tube when running speaker wires into the driver's side door. If you have a rogue with a sunroof and water getting inside the car when it rains. In addition, there is a burning/fuel type odor present in interior of the vehicle. If your Rogues cooling system is leaking water or coolant, here are the most common places that it may be leaking from. If there is anything you would like to add, please leave a comment below. I feel that There's a rubber tube inside the a-pillar that goes from the roof and connects behind the dash above the dead pedal. For Ed92626 understand the leak (not the source) but what caused the smell. Water can also leak out of the exhaust as this happens. This is my second report on this issue. Remove front wiper arms (LH/RH). think it's okay to charge such a high amount. The leakage has returned. Again, I trust your expertise concerning Class Actions. Is that something we can buy as parts. I had an OEM front windshield replacement in July. cost $3000 to fix because the drains were clogged. I believe it's because Has anyone ever followed up with a Class Action Lawsuit? The electrical connector for the under dash harness may corrode due to. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Also looks like the Styrofoam board below the carpet is broken. After a period of rainy days, found that the rear left passenger floorboard was completely saturated with water. Because I am doing a whole project on "ripping out everything and put in FATMAT" and I bought new carpet but I want to solve the leak problem. The water will drip onto the door panel or dashboard when this happens. Google search shows that Nissan is aware of this factory defect/water leak since 2014. And I LOVE IT! We went on our holiday and the car sat for 4 days and in that time there was lots of rain. You need to remove the screw and unplug the wire connector. When the air conditioner turns on, the trapped moisture will be forced out of the system. astronomical prices to correct it! Window caskets become defective due to poor quality, and they might be eroded over time. February 28: Nissan Rogue Ignitions May Shut Off While Driving Water Leaks Into Interior 2015 Nissan Rogue This problem may be covered under warranty. for our daughter is now completely ruined and unsellable. NEVER buy a Rogue again as much as I have loved this car. Does anyone know? This was my 5 Nissan but never again. Perhaps this a part that was Scan this QR code to download the app now. Nissan says that in rare cases, this could lead to a fire. The heater core could be the culprit too. Leaking coolant will commonly be found near the middle of the car and may carry a somewhat sweet smell.