She has a F1 VISA (she is doing a masters degree) my two sons and I have a F2 VISA. All the men? Hi I will be traveling next week myself, spouse and 2 children under 15. Couldnt find this info anywhere. My daughter and her friends are planning a trip to Ensada for the 4 th of July for vacation will they have any problems ,are there restrictions in place ? To fly back the baby needs a passport and only Life or Death situations can get a passport. WebThree times in the last year the Mexican border agents have made people coming to visit me get a visa to cross into Mexico. It takes 2h 10m to get 172 km from the town of Desigual to the city of Lisbon. I am a Mexican citizen and need to sign some bank papers in San Diego. It wont be easy! If yes, please give me the email address to apply to, to get the permit. I am a US citizen with no residency status in Mexico. We are ready to go in our truck and 58 cargo trailer but heard its closed until 21st of December and they keep changing it. I dint think so since you are not a permanent resident nor us citizen. Looks like I could easily cross into Mexico and back but not 5 miles across the Canadian border to see my granddaughter. Is your birth certificate sufficient to cross into Mexico with a US Drivers license and and expired passport card? The rules in this article say members of the U.S. Military/armed forces and their spouses/children, by the way, but when U.S. citizens are married to foreign nationals, they are generally allowed to go into the US with their spouse or to meet them their, etc. Just make sure to have your U.S. passport to re-enter the U.S. and be safe. Upon returning , PERHAPS they will ask you the reason for your trip. Other option would be to go through renewal process at a government agency in Mexico. I was told when going back into the US more questions are ask than coming in. Hi Lety, as the article states, there are no restrictions on Air Travel so you can fly between the US and Mexico. Many excellent hotels are empty (or near empty) and prices have never been lower. Take a left there and then take your first right on Avenida Zuazua. I have all the papers, visa and passport. I have plans to spend 15 days in Mexico then move to USA. Business as usual.Good place to wait out the pandemic. If you got a date marked in your passport when you left, then you are recorded in the system. From a close friend who lives in Rosarito Beach, B.C. I dont agree with Eli. Mexicali and Calexico have a lot in common, as they are linked economically, socially, and culturally. I hope youd be ok with that (I value my own freedoms and privacy), and I hope you also get a better answer and enjoy your travels. Please tell me how it went , as I always went to San Felipe too, but have not been for 15 years.. A Mexican Official can still order you to a secondary inspection after you had already received a green light. We stopped in Mazatlan one night. when you come back to the US does your job require you to quarantine? I really need help. Will I get turned away at customs when crossing into Mexico? Or is it simply a no go? From what I am seeing, if you drive across there are not checking on essential. Either walking into Mexico or driving in, you will be allowed to enter. I know my family is from Ensenada. Did they ask you for a police report for the lost D.L? Easiest border crossing of my life even though it was borders closed to non-essential travel. Mexico wasnt enforcing that, back then. Hello Maria, which border crossing do you go through? I have went to Tijuana to visit him probably 5 or 6 times since they stopped non essential travel. Smaller border crossings will generally be more relaxed, but your husband, being a foreign national, I guess wouldnt be allowed back into the States. They never have problems so I assume it will be ok too ! Only thing to be afraid of is renting an apartment near a noisy dog that barks all night, or next to people who play their music loud. Bill, YOU just proved what they say is true: You cant fix stupid. I dont blame them. Were all US citizens. You should be able to. This isnt North Korea. If you have Brazilian passport I would not leave the US . Get a lawyer and get the no show for court taken care of. Does anyone have experience or advice for us? Would it be better to have the car regitered in my or his name? A two-stage reopening program of the Mexico-US land border will require all visitors to the United States to be fully vaccinated. Last summer I booked an Airbnb in Puerto Peasco. Hello, my boyfriend and I are driving to Puerto Peasco from Tucson in a few days. How can we get her across? I am in the same situation my understanding is that they will not let your husband pass but you will be able to. We are looking online at Banjercito and it looks like we can buy a permit there. The absolute height of selfishness to do that. I plan on traveling to Mexico thru San ysidro border just for a few hours. We live in AZ and have tickets to fly from Mexicali to Mexico City on Dec. 19th to visit her family. The border cities of Mexicali and Tijuana, located in the state of Baja California, Mexico, have become important economic centers in recent years due to their strategic location along the U.S.-Mexico border. Do I need Covid Test or medical questionnaire to return? Depends for what reason, the permissions you have, and the items youre carrying. An agent might grumble, but they always let you back. No more kids for you baa baa sheep. Kayla, when we traveled with our cat across the border, we were told to have a current health certificate from our vet, documenting that she was current on her shots. The port of entry serves as a symbol of their shared history, and the two cities have a strong bond that goes back generations. They only checked our temperature and that was it. Took 4 hours to cross back into San Diego by car. (she has Glaucoma and is 80 years old). Educate yourself more its obvious your unintelligent. We also got a green light. Hi Janet, we will be using this crossing to go from US to Mexico in a couple weeks. Been waiting since last year. Do we need to show a vaccination passport to get back into the USA if we are only going for the day? Thanks for any guidance. Take all the Toll Roads. Ask an immigration lawer to be sure! Just curious. He has his birth certificate and social security card. Or will I get through? Any help would be appreciated. I have a fiance in Mexico. They tried to enter at coutts alta.,and were denied entry by us customs. Ive crossed back with just my California drivers license. We own a condo in Mazatlan and have been wintering there since 2005. Is this an essential activity so i can travel to the USA and back to Mexico? We always had that certificate in the car with us but were never asked to show it. The new policies were announced by the US Department of Homeland Security on October 12, and Mexicos foreign secretary gave a press conference about them on October 13. Where did you meet her, and more importantly did you approach her or did she approach you first? We can only put restrictions on non-citizens entering the country, since as a US citizen you always have the right to enter the United States. But was told she could not cross to get it. I also live on the border, in Ambos Nogales. Does it matter that I obviously just arrived to Tijuana by plane? Go that way. I am planning on driving with the goods at the San Ysidro port of entry. when did you cross? Mexico has no restrictions. Because Amlo doesnt care about our well being. Tijuanas economy is mainly based on manufacturing and assembly activities, known as maquiladoras. That being said, I am an American citizen and white so I know my experience may be different from others. Once you get close to 2nd street you will see signs that say "Mexico Only, No USA Return." These are the three vaccines that are FDA-approved or authorized for emergency use within the United States: Comirnaty and Pfizer-BioNTech They are doing nothing limiting people from driving into Mexico from the US. want to get to Seattle and was thinking off a two week stay in Cancun to qualify for the not been in the UK for 14 days. Do you think if you are crossing to drive to southern tip of Baja, not to Tijuana Airport, you are safe. Then I would travel from San Diego,CA to San Jose, CA. Yes, you are as long as you have a valid drivers license either from Mexico or The United States, the issue here is that if you have an American drivers license some Mexican police officers can make you go thru a rough time but if you have a Mexican one, in my experience is going to be less trouble to drive in both countries. Yes they would like you to think that a passport is required, and for the most it is. If they do its rarely. I will post this to the Mexperience.com community as well. NOTHING TO DECLARE LANE: If you have nothing to declare, then you can use the Nothing to Declare Nada que Declara lane. WebEstimated wait time report in the line to cross the USA border at the port of entry of Calexico, California - Mexicali, Baja California. Does anyone know if they a require a negative covid test to drive through the Mexico border back into the US? Does it count as essential? I would agree with toll roads. Ill talk to some friends in the area and in Tucson and see whats going on, and some local people in border patrol/law enforcement agencies. Juliet, great news, this will 100% work. Lol no I just have an aversion to ignorant people. do not travel alone at night and be on the look out at all times. Hello, Tijuanas long history of debauchery, on the other hand, has a darker side. You will need several copies of your drivers license your passport your car title your car registration and proof of Mexican insurance. Thanks for the input! Its more like fly at your own risk. The border crossing restrictions (due to Covid and people crossing) does not apply to us. My step kids want to come here to the US for Christmas, does anyone know, can they cross over from Tijuana to San Ysidro to get to San Diego airport? Next time I will try a different crossing. My sister-in-law came to Nuevo Laredo border with her husband who is Brazilian and Mexican and they would not allow them to cross. Hello how long ago was this. Every day, approximately 300,000 people cross the border into the United States from Mexico via the San Ysidro Port of Entry, which is the busiest land border crossing in the world. We feel if you wash your hands a ton wear a mask, it should be fine. I wonder, If I travel to Mexico and stay for 14 days until June 21st, will I be able to travel to the US on June 22nd as a non-essential traveler? Maybe mention the Dentist as you suggest? Couldnt she travel to El Paso and then cross the border walking so her brother picks her up at Juarez? Tijuana, despite the fact that the Cartel is no longer active, continues to have a vibrant city with a plethora of entertainment options. If they are open and he has a visa and proof of work and money in Mexico he will be allowed in. I represent a group of investors from Mexico. My best friend retired & moved to Mazatln 20 years ago, but her husband just died and she needs my helpso Im in the process of selling my car & packing my things to move to Mazatln next month with a 6-month Mexican VISA which is the first step in my efforts to gain a Temporary Residency VISA when I get to Mexico. Is the border really closed for non essential travel??? I am a U.S. citizen with a Passport flying to El Paso this May and plan on crossing to Juarez by land. Im curious about your situation. How was your trip, anything new to watch out for? Its been operating for months and months. He said is in US with a B2 visa, therefore his re-entry in the US will be likely to be denied. I just passed through using mine after Thanksgiving. Than you can have a California plate and a Mexico plate. It is an excellent choice for visitors due to its numerous popular attractions, including the Instituto de Investigaciones Culturales Museo UABC, Centro Estatal de las Artes, Mexicali, and Parque Vicente Guerrero. I was advised by friends to fly to mexico, quarantine there then travel back to the US. If so, proceed to secondary. Can I walk thru the Otay Mesa without a Passport to catch my flight from Tijuana to Mexico City. So Im grateful that youve address such per this post wherein you state that: If youre a Mexican citizen, or you have a legal residency permit for Mexico (Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente), you can cross the border by road and return home to Mexico. The Mexican government sold the land to the USA, get educated. She has a active up to date tourist visa. Some other foreigners were given the vaccine if any was left over at the end of the day and then were automatically signed up for the 2nd shot. Thnaks. Anyway I use it to go to my dentist in Tijuana. Hello, Thank you for having us! Im a permanent resident in the US ,husband from Mexico and 3 kids US citizens. Hello, Im a US citizen in Mexico City on a 180 day tourist visa. My mother in law is a Mexican citizen who has been trying to come to the US to be our sons caretaker, but the border closing keeps being extended. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I have hired a Mexican National, who has been living in the USA for the past 10 years, to be my fishing lodge manager on Holbox Island. circa 1925; Location Of Originals . If the cards expire while you are *outside* of Mexico, you can return to Mexico using them *within 55 calendar days of the expiry date. Hi, so basically Im going to drive to mexico and I got mexican plates but they gave me until April 6 to go to mexico to leave the car over there, will I be able to cross the border? Hi Terry, I am a US citizen and planning to go to TJ on April 28th with my sons, are they pulling people over and asking why they are crossing to Mexico? But I need to cross the border to take plane to go back to Korea in LAX. smh. Never had an issue with this nor question brought up against it. You will also need a temporary vehicle import permit to bring a U.S.-registered vehicle beyond the border zone. There are NO CHANGES to hours or availability for cargo crossing. To enter Mexico by land you need a passport or passport card; you can find details about documentation required on this Mexperience article: Calif is on lock down As Mexicos manufacturing hub, these two states will continue to serve as major manufacturing centers for the foreseeable future. Hi there, my husband and I and our 4 children are planning on visiting mexico on the 16th. Hi Ruth , how did you get on with this plan was it success ? Im currently in Oaxaca, Mexico. I guess they have something in common with Southern Baptists or most baptists I suppose. Also, anyone driving down next week who would like some travel buddies? They are not restricting travel. While most people associate Mexicali with business and industry, it has a strong reputation for hospitality and tourism. My brother is a United States citizen, he recently got his dual citizenship in Mexico. Tijuana has long been a popular tourist destination due to its lively nightlife, which is almost synonymous with tequila. This obviously can change as they rollout new procedures but I think the only requirement they can do is make you take a covid test like they do with air entry. Assuming youre US citizens with good ID, preferably passports but not actually required, you have full right to cross back into the US. Last winter I stored my van at a place called Portico Storage in Calixico.Not cheap-$80 for a month.But I had a keypad code and could get the van back anytime.If you want to avoid traffic in Mexicali cross the border about 6am-The locals dont get up early.Going north back into the USA I find the newer east crossing hard to find but its the Im not sure if you received the answer to your question? Do you know if I would or could have any issues? Take a drivers and a birth certificate. my visa expires 06/31. I want to start my enrollment into a Mexican University, I am in the need to travel over there to get all the papers and stuff to start my enrollment and Start school this September. I can say by far, Mexico has always treated me with dignity. No need to worry about having to get a (TIP). An official website of the United States government. If it is red you will be directed to a secondary inspection. But even when I do I stick to the toll roads and stay with groups of vehicles. Some smaller airports across Mexico are closed or restricted and the airplane opeartors should be aware of sitautions locally/to where they fly. In Rocky Point however, theres a Covid 19 checkpoint for non-locals and they require a current negative test. At least in the state of Tamaulipas. Today is July 23 and I was planning on doing the same. Does anyone know if the entry restrictions are being enforced on Mexicos northern border? If Im not sick will they let me in? (KYMA, KECY) - The construction of the Mexicali-Calexico border crossing is almost completed. I go to Tijuana/Rosarito Beach every 7 days use my CA DL / Birth Certificate I cross the USA-Mexico border at San Ysidro I pass each time but each time I get sent to 2nd inspection where I wait anywhere from 30 mins to up to 2 hrs to clear me out, re-verify my identity and get all my vehicle inspected.