Help | Pathbreaker Ibex The ones that I run are Kiki/Exarch and Food Chain. Rarity (main - side) 14 - 0 Mythic Rares. I was never interested in [[Maelstrom Wanderer]] before but after reading him again and seeing all the big creatures I can cheat out I'm very interested. Pretty sure competitive RUG rankings go Animar>MW>Riku>Others. How have we optimized one of our own personal edh decks? For this reason, your initial mulligan is very important: generally speaking, you dont need to mull into rampyoure going to find it, it will happen, dont worry. Playing the best draw spells in our colors just opens our options, same as any other deck. There's transmuting Drift of Phantasms and fetching it with Bring to Light. Drop everything and anything you can to increase your mana count, because your decks singular purpose in life is to drop Wanderer and pray. I can't think of any other ways to fetch it besides Gamble, which is obviously a gamble. Commander / EDH Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. It is not geared towards cedh but it is tried and tested to be about a 65-70% win rate in my high power paper meta. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Tasigur Control | Maelstrom Beats | UBx Doomsday Storm. Maelstrom Wanderer gives itself haste. This becomes deadly to my opponents if I have any of the Splinter Twin/Food Chain/Palinchron combos out. I grabbed up my copy of Surrak Dragonclaw and built the most Timmy deck one could think of. Save. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Card Odds Draw hand. Warstorm Surge/Purphoros: Ill generally drop Purphoros if I have nothing else to do, because hes indestructible, so I have little fear of anyone actually dealing with him. Not only does it have a respectable body that will stop a fair amount of creatures from coming your way, its also 100% expendable past its ETB ability, which, if youre not hip on reading, will dig you six cards deep into your library if you need it to. Magic: the Gathering decks for Maelstrom Wanderer. In a true cEDH meta he's not great. It was frustrating to be like every other Wanderer deck out there; it was frustrating to know that my opponents could destroy something like a Grim Monolith, and set me back from any meaningful game plan for several turns. More Casual Feedback More Competitive . DMCA requests | March of the Machine Card Previews; Prices; Daily Video Reviews; Phyrexia: All Will Be One Card Previews; Prices; Daily Video Reviews; Cards . TappedOut.js Blog Widget. Sort by: Overview, Color, Cost, Rarity. The creatures are what make this deck. If we draw this, then we have a great utility card that can counter, bounce, tap, and draw. Duplicant is a bit expensive, but again, synergizes with Food Chain, gets rid of Eldrazi like a champ, and works well with the other creature-based strategies in the deck. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. This annoying message will go away once you do. Omnath, Locus of Mana - Besides being a target for kill spells that might otherwise go to other creatures, he helps store mana for use at a later point in time while buffing himself up. Wanderer does not have this weakness, and not only has multiple combos available to it, but the deck isnt reliant on 1 or 2 strategies to win the game. Best case scenario, I cascade into and draw 3 free cards and worst case, I have to wait a few turns. Playing two lands from the top of my library, wells that is just the cherry on top. Exiling Palinchron for 1U and returning it to play allows to you tap your lands for mana, Palichron then untaps them, allowing you blink it again.etc. Reply . Omniscience - One of the few cards I cannot cascade into, this card should appear pretty obvious. Unfortunately, Maelstrom has to play a good amount of ramp to ensure an early cast. Youve got yourself a bona fide Maelstrom Wanderer deck! Feeds | Date added: 3 weeks: Last updated: 1 week: Legality: This deck is Commander / EDH legal. And even I will concede the fact that First Sliver is outright better. 7 - 0 Uncommons. Worldly Tutor will find any of our creatures, but we cant find Food Chain. So you can see how, even with nothing else going on with the board, if youve dropped a few dudes and Food Chain, you can generate some insane value and possibly just win from there. Warstorm Surge - Due to the prevalence of pesky creatures, I added this in so that my creatures can damage/kill my opponents' creatures simply by entering the battlefield. Currently, my metagame involves a healthy mix of midrange, stax and control strategies. RRUU in pool. Sliver has different pattern of play, I want to try a goodstuff cEDH conception of deck and optimise it as much as possible. + Contact | Most LGS's have semi competitive meta's and that is where the Wanderer thrives. Maelstrom Wanderer Commander (1) 1 Maelstrom Wanderer Creatures (16) 1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker 1 Clever Impersonator 1 Deadeye Navigator 1 Greenwarden of Murasa 1 Phyrexian Metamorph 1 Scourge of the Throne 1 Consecrated Sphinx 1 Intet, the Dreamer 1 Pathbreaker Ibex 1 Avenger of Zendikar 1 Balefire Dragon 1 Dragonlord Atarka 1 Palinchron See our privacy policy. This site is unaffiliated. Animar also likes playing combo. Cyclonic Rift - This is quick removal, and if we draw it, a one-sided board wipe. Thanks. Feeds | I just don't want to invest in more Temur cards without knowing what I'm getting myself into. This card, while it does give your opponent a choice in the matter, can make things very difficult for them, since it causes them to choose which cards you want, and most cards in the deck are highly synergistic. The Instants: You will notice that I do run some counterspells in this deck, and that is because most of them double up into either allowing me to cascade more, or causing my opponents to have board state problems. Privacy statement | So thats where I currently am. Selective Memory will also just grab excess lands or ramp spells at a certain point, making sure that all I can draw from that point on is gas or combo. Karn Liberated - Used to take out problem permanents and disrupt hands. 54 - 3 Rares. RUG (Temur), Casual EDH Deck with many infinite Combos, 2) Palinchron + Dead Eye Navigator or phantasmal image or vorinclex (or flameshadow conjuring or Sneak Attack): infinite colored mana. Forums Streets of New Capenna Other Spoilers Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Spoilers Innistrad: Crimson Vow Innistrad: Crimson Vow Commander Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Commander Infinite mana of all colors; notably, not just limited to creatures like Food Chains mana is. Discord Server | r/EDH My modular . Going through cards like [[Kioras Follower]]->[[Pestermite]]->[[Fatestitcher]]->[[Zealous conscripts]]->Unearth Fatestitcher -> kiki Jiki But, Vannifar can make simpler plays like tutoring dockside by killing a bird. If you are basically running "goodstuff" wanderer, then probably not well. https://www.moxfield.com/decks/d4KPWun9o0yfflaCVNW7ng. Defense of the Heart - My current meta is very creature heavy, and when I decided to put this card in, it became an instant win-con should it stick. 50 - 0 Rares. Nissa, Vastwood Seer - Putting her down and fetching a forest is nice. I also have a Thrasios/Tymna Medium Midrange as my second cEDH deck, to compete against normal cEDH decks . I definitely would like to slowly build the deck up to be somewhat competitive, but I mostly play casual. Counterspells in Maelstrom Wanderer are often extremely effective, because who the hell runs counterspells in a Wanderer deck?? Discord Server | If I am getting cocky, I may use his +2, but that rarely happens. Yidris greatest asset is the addition of black in the commander cost; if Maelstrom Wanderer was exactly the same but had black in his cost, I truly believe this deck would be unstoppable. Search Bar. Gilded Drake: One of the more undervalued answers in blue, if you want my opinion. But really, your early game plan involves delaying people, blowing up particularly troublesome artifacts or enchantments, and otherwise tutoring for either lands or combo pieces. If you can get one more mana from somewhere or if any of your creatures costed more than three or you had more than two creatures.continue on.So you get at least 3 double cascades, 6 spells, with just that. Privacy statement | the Maelstrom deck generates immense value but cant close out the game and now we have a situation where they can drop bomb-after-bomb. I see your deck while browsing Moxfield, interesting conception, dont u think about trying [[Lurking Predators]] in it? Feeds | Ancestral Vision - This card was added since I didn't have another place to put it and I love the card, but since I have added it, it has only benefited me. Casting cards like Foresight, making my opponents not just read the card, but actively confusing them as to my game plan. > General goes unblocked and the defending player has to handle X 3/3s that all have trample and +7/+7. Attention! Big monsters are fun, but missing out on [[Terror of the Peaks]] and [[Gruul Ragebeast]] is a travesty when playing stompy. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The Artifacts: As you can see, the artifacts aren't a large chunk of the deck, and are mostly just the standard ramp package. All emails include an unsubscribe link. Again, were not running black or white; were not going to be hitting your Avacyn with Swords to Plowshares or giving anything -X/-Xso we need to dip into artifacts to find our answers. Imperial Recruiter: Finds all your utility critters as well as (as usual) half your Kiki/Conscripts combo. Worldly Tutor and Eldritch Evolution are worth their weight in gold, but unfortunately, almost every card we can use to look for a combo piece, only looks for one other combo piece, or is restricted. you have RRUUGGGGGGGGG (13 mana) in pool. Date added: 3 days: Last updated: 10 hours: Legality: This deck is Commander / EDH legal. 4.1) and zealous conscripts: There are a lot of infinite combos that circulate around this one card, including helping to activate the Splinter Twin combo, Misthollow Griffin - Used to help cascade through our library when combined with Food Chain. With early versions of the deck that just had Misthollow, it was easy to just grab the Griffin, Foresight and Selective Memory, not only grabbing your combo piece but also making sure that extra copies of the same effect were now off the table - Selective Memory is pretty useless if Misthollow Griffin is already exiled. MW gives you two cards right away, and Animar has protection from the two best removal colors and can kill a player as early as T3. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. This card is incredible even in regular non-combo versions of Wanderer, casting such degenerately stupid cards as Apocalypse. 11/10/2020. He's too slow and clunky to beat the dedicated combo decks with any consistency. Additionally, we can cascade in whatever order we want, as the cards we dont want to cast simply go on the bottom of the library, to be cascaded into again. Oracle of Mul Daya - Playing lands is great. Only because the Wanderer has two Cascade trigger? Copied to clipboard. To any Tier 2 competitive deck, Wanderer was a joke. We've updated our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I will point out what I would recommend as a replacement where applicable, so without further ado, here is the Maelstrom Wanderer. Misthollow Griffin And cascading once can put a lot of value in your hands but, if it doesnt threaten the win, your opponents can come back. What power level. By Fukushima Hirok. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. The goal is to cast your commander ASAP. $639. [[Defense of the heart]] leverages a soft lockdown and instant win if played on the right turn. Discord Server | More Casual Feedback More Competitive . So being creative with your card choices is paramount, as is getting as much bang for your buck for each card you use. You can always play the more traditional Wanderer build and just ramp for the first few turns; that will still benefit you in the end. Long-Term Plans: Actually one of the best cards for Maelstrom Wanderer. There is very little, if any fast combo, and I still dont believe that Wanderer can defeat something like a highly tuned Gitrog deck, or Ad Naus Sidisi, without actively mulliganing to countermagic. Let me know your experiences playing either with or against them. Commander Showdown Yidris vs Maelstrom Wanderer. 1x Maelstrom Wanderer *f-etch* 1x Manaweft Sliver; 1x Megantic Sliver; 1x Necrotic Sliver; 1x Oracle of Mul Daya; . This annoying message will go away once you do. EDHREC Home Cards Maelstrom Wanderer Maelstrom Wanderer (Card) $15.99 $14.87 5.82 TIX 0 decks Scryfall Average Type Distribution Land ( 34) Planeswalker ( 1) Enchantment ( 6) Artifact ( 8) Sorcery ( 11) Instant ( 8) Creature ( 31) Related Content Ranking every battlecruiser card in EDH using EDHREC! The win conditions are the same as most other highly competitive decks: Necrotic Ooze Combo, Hermit Druid, and/or Laboratory Maniac. OPs looks like a high powered edh deck. Venser, Shaper Savant - He helps me get rid of pesky Blightsteel/Darksteel Colossi and the like. Wanderer can have several key cards removed (via Praetors Grasp, etc) and still win without a problem. I am looking for competitive "multiplayer" lists of Maelstrom wanderer. Rhystic Study - Again, I love drawing, and when I can draw from my opponents either being lazy or casting spells that are too big for them to pay the tax, that's just an added bonus. All rights reserved. For these reasons Im always on the lookout for better tutors, in particular cards that can search out Food Chain, among other cards. Sac Farhaven Elf for RRRR.Cast Wanderer (from lands only), double cascade. The problems start to appear once you try to go off consistently with Food Chain. Jace, the Mind Sculptor - Brainstorm. Repeat steps 3-4, with epiphany targeting opponents to draw cards until they draw their decks and loses. I played with this deck for a long time until I finally was at my LGS in Houston, when I came across a competitive player and immediately wanted to finely tune my deck to become more competitive, and that is when I came to you. If you hit late game, things have definitely gone awry, but that doesnt mean you cant come back from it. 13 - 0 Uncommons. However, this is a flex slot. I know that the deck doesnt look as competitive, but after playing in competitive pods, I can say, that it feels confidently. Privacy statement | You can cast it on turn 2 and immediately pull out Misthollow/Scourge and 1 or 2 other cards (usually Selective Memory and/or Foresight), drawing a card, and making sure the second piece of your combo is safe and sound in Exile until youre ready for it. This list has suffered in being sort of my back burner list, but its also been the deck Ive had put together the longest; probably more than a year at this point. Maelstrom Wanderer is a unique creature because its base power and toughness aren't the only big things on it. Terms of Use | + Like most of you, I think, I began playing Maelstrom Wanderer because I wanted to cast a lot of big, stupid creatures for free, and smash my opponents for as much combat damage to the face as possible. Azusa, Lost but Seeking - as I said on Exploration, I really like playing additional lands, and when that throws me several turns ahead of my opponents, I won't turn it down. The only way this could be any better is if we had access to white for Academy Rector. Hey, Im trying to build as much effective and competitive list of my favourite commander - Maelstrom Wanderer! Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - When I'm comboing off, I don't want people to mess me up, and Teferi helps out with that. Nature's Claim - Used for disruption since there a lot of artifacts in my meta. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. This site is unaffiliated. Kalamax upgrade for Christmas : EDH. Spell-wise, we of course run the best 2 mana ramp spells in Farseek, Natures Lore, Three Visits, and Skyshroud Claim. Wanderer is strictly a means to an end. Riku is expensive, has no protection, dies to a stiff breeze, and doesn't do anything until you cast something else. Maelstrom Wanderer cEDH (Commander / EDH MTG Deck) This collection is out of date, you may click here to see the latest version Maelstrom Wanderer cEDH Commander / EDH RUG (Temur) KrizpMango 0 Group Ordering Land (35) Ancient Tomb Arid Mesa 1x Bloodstained Mire 1x Breeding Pool 1x Cavern of Souls 1x City of Brass 1x Command Beacon 1x Command Tower A quick history of the me and the deck. Unfortunently, Maelstrom Wanderer sits in a place just outside of cedh. You typically cast Maelstrom 4-5 times, getting 8-10 spells for free. The Problem with Wanderer is why you would prefer him over the First Sliver? Out game the big, splashy spells. That spell will resolve before you exile cards for the second cascade ability. I play Maelstrom Wanderer, albeit a very untuned more budget version. You now have RRRUUUGGGGGGGGGG (16 mana) in pool.Cast Wanderer for RUGGGGGGGGGG. 5,044 reviews #108 of 1,699 Restaurants in Cologne $$ - $$$ German Bar European. This will also lead to a fair number of oops, I win scenarios, but can also be led into with any of the numerous three drops. It will definitely stomp out in high powered casual games, but you will see times where 3-5 6 mana cards will be stuck in your hand. Wanderer doesnt care about combat damage, and in fact doesnt even really care about casting your commander at all unless it wins the game that turn. Maybe you find some inspiration and synergies. On the other hand, we also have tutors such as Manipulate Fate, which is perfect for our deck. This is a subreddit dedicated to playing the Commander format of Magic: The Gathering at the highest power level possible. Best case, I counter a spell. Playing lands from the top of my library is better, because it means I'm not drawing them. This annoying message will go away once you do. Once we have infinite mana, we can then cast Maelstrom Wanderer an infinite amount of times, cascading through our entire library. Regrowth/Noxious Revival/Natures Spiral/Eternal Witness/Skullwinder: Beyond the usual uses of being able to re-use ramp or removal, these cards also allow you to use things like Intuition to great effect, tutoring for one of your combo pieces and immediately pulling it back to your hand; they also allow you to cycle through multiples pieces of your deck as youre infinitely cascading, for instance using Hull Breach to annihilate an opponents entire board (necessary against a stax player) before being able to win. Warstorm Surge on the other hand, will deal more damage overall, but is also more fragile and tends to draw a lot of hate (for obvious reasons). Commander / EDH* Your cards dont have to cost a lot of mana to do great things. Review. That's his primary function. Sidisi, Brood Tyrant: Sidisi can arguably do what we do, only better; the reason for this is strictly due to the addition of black to her mana cost. Open now : 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM. Black gives access to the best tutors and removal in the entire game, and Sidisi herself serves as the combo in the command zone that allows the rest of the deck to do its thing. Generally speaking youre only going to hit turn 8 or so, anyway, so the life loss is negligible. :). [[Tibalts Trickery]] and [[Mana Drain]] refund your spell, while [[Red Elemental Blast]] and [[Pyroblast]] can also destroy blue permanents. Vexing Shusher - Can be used as a political tool, but mostly is used to make sure my stuff doesn't get countered. I have no issues with budget, and i'm looking for a list to take to the edh events at GP Atlanta. Hello r/edh, I am looking for competitive "multiplayer" lists of Maelstrom wanderer. $104. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network, TCGplayer.com, CardKingdom.com, CardConduit.com, Cardhoarder.com, MTGOTraders.com. Brainstorm - if you have cards in your hand that you don't have the mana to cast, you can simply put them on top and cascade into them. This is pretty fun. Does it do what it's supposed to and able to keep it's engine going? This is a subreddit dedicated to playing the Commander format of Magic: The Gathering at the highest power level possible. Copied to clipboard. Often it will have done its job already, and even 3 cards makes it more than worth the mana I spent to keep it up for a turn or so. Destructive Force - Much like Boom//Bust, this is used to help clear the field, and since there are many tiny creatures, this helps a lot.