In the months since the alleged encounter on June 2, Baxley said she has been angry at Watson for a number of reasons. She said he told her she could just grab it and move it if she needed to. Way to go Browns brass. Hope she makes lots of trouble for Watson and the NFL. He seems annoyed that he has had to go through this. Then you asked if you could shower before your service. In Baxley's case, she said her encounter with Watson happened last June. If she doesnt want to settle, okay, see you in court in 2023. I was terrified. I couldnt know at that point.". Use this to log in to your account, receive notifications and get handy updates from us. Who Is Deshaun Watson's Girlfriend, Jilly Anais. Watsons claims of innocence of any wrongdoing, after his suspension was announced, was a mocking response to her and all the other women who came forward. I cant believe this actually has to be explained. But since people will continue to watch games in record numbers and the NFLs money isnt affected they dont care. Frankly,anyone can say anything they want. Press ESC to exit. She is one of 22 women who have filed a complaint against Deshaun Watson, the quarterback for the Houston Texans. Both are among 22 plaintiffs whohave accused him sexual misconduct, including two whoaccuse him of sexual assault. Watson shows no remorse or regret AND he was rewarded with an unprecedented contract. It also remains possible that the league will decide that he has failed to comply with this aspect of the agreement, resulting in an extension of his suspension. The NFL perpetuates these drama stories over the summer to keep them in tje news. This guy will eventually end up behind bars. He will eventually commit another crime, and wont get away with it. He needs to actually take a page out of Michael Vicks book on how to man up and own what you did (both acts were beyond horrendous). The letter detailed her experience with Watson from June 2, 2020 . Hardin also said Watson and his representatives "will fully cooperate with the Houston Police Department" as part of any criminal investigation. Thats questionable comment #1. Two of the accusers, Lauren Baxley and Ashley Soli, met with reporters from Sports Illustrated this. Im sure your feelings are a great comfort to his (alleged) victims. Good job, Lauren Baxley. I hope the fans are as considerate to Watson as he has been to these women. We'll email instructions on how to reset your password. Now THAT is integrity, Goodell. Watson is now free to deny any wrongdoing without facing consequences from the NFL. TAKING A STAND exclusive Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast/Getty The Cleveland Browns quarterback has settled with 23 of the 24 women who accused him of sexual misconduct. Ashley Solis was formerly known as Jane Doe #1 before she came forward on April 6, 2021. In. Glad she is on this planet with us and I hope she wins. That is false. From there, the massage therapist claims Watson specified that he needed additional focus on his "glute area", which is typical of athletes in high-impact sports. I said you could shower beforehand," the letter read. Thanks for once again proving that irony and hypocrisy are alive and well. Judge Sue L. Robinson, who was in charge of reviewing Deshaun Watson's case, handed the Cleveland Browns quarterback a 6 game suspension with no financial penalty. I bet he wouldnt request appointments from 66 different dudes. He will eventually commit another crime, and wont get away with it. Also Read: Who Is Deshaun Watson's Girlfriend, Jilly Anais? Many of the allegations align with Solis' account. Problem here is Watson isnt facing anything other than losing money he can afford to lose and then move on. I would love to hear the opinions of his teammates that have daughters. Our ruling will be based on their findings. You rejected it," Buzbee wrote Feb. 19, according to the release. " If she settles for a single dollar so she can raise awareness and end athlete entitlement when it comes to females, Ill believe shes a legit warrior for the cause. Tony Buzbee then delivered a packet of DMs, Plane Tickets, Texts, and other materials that back up the 22 accusers claims that Watson preyed on them during massages. The former Houston-area massage therapist has explained why she hasn't agreed to a financial settlement with the Cleveland Browns quarterback: "There is no remorse". Something YOU and some cheating owners DO NOT have. Second grand jury in Texas declines to indict Browns QB Deshaun Watson. Allegedly, according to the NFL, Deshaun Watson always introduced himself as an NFL QB to these massage therapists Lets start with her comments saying she felt powerless against someone his size. All he had to say was he was sorry, disappear for 3 months and volunteer at a womans group or something like that, then come back and story is mostly over. Yeah that doesnt sound rigged. Ex: myspace.com/. Until all the information is released from the civil case, then we will know exactly what happened. DECA helps prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. The Texans are complicit in this they clearly enabled Watsons behavior. Several women have come forward to reveal very shocking and specific allegations of sexual misconduct against NFL player Deshaun Watson, Sports Illustrated reported on Friday. During a news conference, Ashley Solis said she [] Vasteelerfan says: You must be logged in to leave a comment. And yet as a Steelers fan you supported Ben? She was seen on the videos caring, and her age is assumed to lie under the given range. "I've always been able to. Dr. Lauren Baxley is an Assistant Professor of Instruction and field placement coordinator in the Marriage and Family Therapy Program in the Department of Child & Family Studies at USF. The lone holdout has explained her decision to refuse to resolve the case. Baxley claims Watson then told her to "just grab it", meaning his penis, if it was in her way. "We did not think that the facts showed that Deshaun did anything wrong with their client," the statement said. Your search did not return any results. Can the therapists in cleveland he has assaulted please stand up and file suit against this predator. Hitting < pauses the slideshow and goes back. He said she said doesnt hold up in court nor should it. Is hard reset only way to salvage Jets QB dilemma? Be the first one to comment on this story. "Any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false," Hardin said. We welcome this long overdue development, Hardin said in a statement Friday. Watson still refuses to admit that he harassed and committed indecent assault against me. LAUREN Baxley is one of several women who have filed sexual assault lawsuits against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. Deshaun has settled almost all the women who sued him for sexual assault except Baxley and she's got reasons why she won't settle. "This happened multiple times - and the remainder of the session was spent trying not to be sick, to not have an outburst, and to keep you covered," she alleged. That seems to match the details of a lawsuit filed last month that details a massage at the plaintiff's home, where the victim broke down in tears, alleging that Watson exposed himself and touched her hand "with the tip of his erect penis. "I am survivor of assault and harassment, Deshaun Watson is my assaulter and my harasser," Solis said, adding that she has struggled through panic attacks, anxiety, depression. Solis alleged thatDeshaun Watson assaulted her on March 30, 2020, in her home. "Every boundary from professional and therapeutic, to sexual and degrading, you crossed," she said. An 11 game suspension? The 33-year-old body care expert came forward after Solis named herself publicly as one of Watson's victims. "We dont believe that the alleged facts show that Deshaun did anything wrong with regards to Ms. Solis, but we are nevertheless happy to continue the conversation around a reasonable settlement figure because we believe he can learn a lesson about having put himself in this situation," Gaffield wrote Feb. 19. Judge Robinson's ruling truly bothered Baxley: "I have rejected all settlement offers, in part because they have not included any sincere acknowledgment of remorse and wrongdoings, nor have they included any promises of rehabilitative treatment. August 19, 2022 at 6:33 pm Godel and the NFLPA got another one wrong. Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley, two of the 22 women suing Deshaun Watson, have gone pubic with their stories for the first time. 2,883 Followers, 572 Following, 63 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from lauren baxley (@lauren.baxley) Things like show remorse, admission to having a problem and actively dealing with said problem. 4 hours ago Mother wanted for abandoning her 12-year-old daughter . Please logout and login again. Lauren Baxley calls Texans star 'a predator with power' in letter Watson has been accused in lawsuits filed by 22 different women Ashley Solis, the first woman to file sexual assault claims. PoliticsSportsAshley SolisDeshaun WatsonHouston TexansNFLsexual misconduct. Massage therapist Lauren Baxley - one of 22 women to file sexual misconduct claims against Watson in the past month - claims in court documents that the NFL star touched her inappropriately and exposed himself during a session in June. Register now! Not unless he just tells them what they want to hear in order to be reinstated. Lauren Baxley wrote a guest piece for The Daily Beast that was published on Friday in which she identified herself as the remaining plaintiff against Watson. During the remainder of the session, Baxley said she felt "powerless and trapped", thinking of Watson's millions of fans, followers and his resources and income, and how "with a snap of [his] fingers, I knew my career might be lost.". Most of the alleged incidents took place in Houston, according to the lawsuits. - No idea. Now THAT is integrity, Goodell. Calling the request an "ethical violation of massage practise", Baxley said she compromised by using the lateral border of her hand. MORE VIDEOS. She did not attend the conference but wrote . ", "I can no longer practice the profession I love most," she said. On Friday, the Houston Police Department said a report was filed against Watson and that it was investigating. What a total embarassment for the NFL. She feared speaking out, though. She was the first of 22 women to file a lawsuit against Watson. In the letter, Lauren Baxley called Watson "a predator with power" and alleged he touched her with his penis multiple times during a massage session. He took that away from me.". Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. I am on the record saying Kraft deserves the same discipline as Watson. This is your profile URL. This guy will eventually end up behind bars. Solis said that the final straw was when Watson actually placed his erect penis in her hand. kevpft says: Yes. I have rejected all settlement offers, in part because they have not included any sincere acknowledgment of remorse and wrongdoings, nor have they included any promises of rehabilitative treatment. Baxley has publicly identified herself. She then continued by claiming Watson had instructed her not to use her forearms or knuckles, but "my fingers for digital stimulation". Speaker 4: Tony, how many of your clients will be making [inaudible 00:41:07]? No way NFL is going to do anything on merit that will prolong this. He allegedly instructed her focus on massaging his groin areaand "specifically kept trying to direct her to his penis.". Learn how your comment data is processed. "Remember that name," Solis told reporters during a press conference Tuesday. If he floats, he is guilty. We expect that this matter will be resolved in court., After news of the first lawsuit was made public, Watson wrote on Twitter that Buzbee made a baseless six-figure settlement demand before filing suit. Both women claim that the leagues investigators were obnoxious and interviewed them seemingly with the base assumption that the women are lying about Watson. The fact that he shows no remorse and stands by his innocence will not help him when he goes for his behavioral evaluation and treatment. Solis went on to explain how she continues to be impacted by her encounter with Watson, per Front Office Sports' A.J. Need help? The pair agreed to meet on June 2. Someone above had a good point I wonder why his teammates, or other NFL player for that matter, havent said anything? In her ruling, she considered Watson to have committed "non-violent sexual assault". Definitely not a slam dunk that well see Watson week thirteen. An attorney reads a letter form Lauren Baxley who is accusing Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of assault. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone Ashley Solis spoke out and Lauren Baxley had a letter she had written read aloud by a lawyer from Buzbee's firm, which represents all of the plaintiffs to file claims against Watson, during an . Gaffield is general counsel for Athletes First, the sports agency for a number ofNFL players, including Watson. Something YOU and some cheating owners DO NOT have. In Baxley's letter, she spoke of how she was "excited" to work with Watson when he first approached her through Instagram last year, but quickly their interactions turned "strange". August 19, 2022 at 4:29 pm His name would have come up repeatedly. You may be prompted by your browser for permission. I said you could shower beforehand," the letter read. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has been accused of sexual misconduct by 22 different women in separate lawsuits, in the past month, Attorney Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey, left, reads a statement by accuser Lauren Baxley during a press conference in Texas on Tuesday, While Baxley didn't appear at the conference in person, another accuser, Ashley Solis (right), did - tearfully recounting similar allegations of inappropriate touching in March 2020, Watson has denied that he has ever treated women with anything but the 'utmost respect' and has rebuffed the claims, A statement published to social media by Watson last month is seen above, Solis said Watson made lewd advances toward her at her home office on March 30 of last year, Baxley blasted Watson for crossing what she called 'every boundary from therapeutic and profession to sexual and degrading', Watsons lawyer Rusty Hardin said in a statement after Solis' press conference on Tuesday that her attorney, Tony Buzbee, 'sought $100,000 in hush money' for Solis, All of Watson's accusers apart from Solis and Baxley continue to use an alias, Deshaun Watsons second accuser Lauren Baxley tried not to be sick after he demanded she grab his genitals, Headteacher sacked 'after sending parents a list of striking teachers' as school launches probe, Isle of Innisfree ferry: Blaze breaks out on boat carrying 183 people in English Channel as lifeboats scramble to scene. "I replay the incident over and over in my head as if I'm trying to wake up for some horrible nightmare -- only that nightmare is real. Lauren Bexley is the second accuser to reveal her identity after Ashley Solis. Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey, an attorney for Baxley, read a letter her client directed at Watson. There is a lot more to violence than injury, as anyone who has suffered abuse knows full well. Learn more about how to retrieve an existing account. Baxley claims Watson then turned over onto his back, once again exposing himself but "this time your penis". But the cynical part in me says the settlement amount wasnt enough. Baxley's alleged encounter with Watson was shared in a letter read out by her attorney, Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey, during a press conference in Texas yesterday, amplifying claims from her lawsuit. The traveling massage therapist alleges that when she arrived at the address Watson gave her, he led her to a room and "locked the doors behind him. Predators believe theyve done nothing wrong at all, ands thats why hes shown zero remorse, and its why the chances are high hell be involved in another case just like these in the future. Baxley alleges that Watson got in touch with her through social media. We are leaving this to the Justice System. Please enter the account owner's birth date here. Its a constant reminder to Watson that this is not over. "My name is Lauren Baxley. I have rejected all settlement offers, in part because they have not included any sincere acknowledgment of remorse and wrongdoings, nor have they included any promises of rehabilitative treatment, Lauren Baxley said in an essay for TheDailyBeast.com.