This is a serious experience, not to be taken lightly and not to be forgotten. Kendal Kentucky has a lot of positive attributes, and very few negatives. We live in a great time, with so many varieties of tobacco to choose from. Burns like heaven (not too quick). It burns perfectly even, clean and cool, with a very consistent flavor from start to finish. A true tobacco for veteran piper, Nicotine, Nicotine and Nicotine. Oliver Twist is the brand of tobacco you have been looking for. Not a modern smoke at all. Anyway, on to the tobacco. KK is a no frills smoke! My granny was the most Godly woman I have ever known. Tops Scotch Dry 1.15 oz. Sweet Seneca Smokes sells chewing tobacco, pipe tobacco, smokeless tobacco, plug/twist tobacco, filtered cigars and much, much more. Actually, it burns too fast inside for my liking. At first it was imported from the United States to manufacture the Toscano cigar and then, in Italy began the cultivation of it, in 1850. Apart from that, I do completely share the review of the esteemed DK: this is how I like Kentucky to be. I had done nothing special to cellar it. Full on dark tobacco taste. Twist Twist is a form of chewing tobacco in which the tobacco leaves have been rolled and twisted together into a rope. CHEWING TOBACCO Grid List Sort by: Show: 1 2 BEECHNUT CHEW TOB $4.29 ORIGINAL BEECHNUT CHEW TOB $4.29 WINTERGREEN BEECHNUT CHEW TOB 12ct BIG DUKE CHEW SWEET TOB 3oz 12ct PP BIG DUKE CHEW TOB 16oz PP BIG DUKE CHEW TOB 3oz 12ct PP1.99 BIG DUKE CHEW TOB ORIGINAL FLAVOR 1 BIG DUKE CHEW TOB SOUTHERN BLEND 16 BIG DUKE CHEW TOB SOUTHERN BLEND 3o KKY pushes the limit of the matured smoker. Not an all day smoke, but you can always have a bowl later on in the day or night. Over the years, it has gained a reputation for its balanced and yet versatile flavor. @saltedplug I believe the local paper was called the 'Uranus Examiner'. There's no much I can add to the great reviews below. Gawith Hoggarth - Brown Twist Sweet Maple. Just enough to detract. Aging doesnt add anything to the blend, but so long as its kept well sealed and moist doesnt seem to harm it either. Stonehaven, Aged Burley Flake, etc. I like shag now. Something makes we want more of it. It is in my regular rotation now and I would like to see how it ages if I can keep it around long enough. I strongly recommend that you give this one a try - you won't be disappointed. I wanted very much to smoke that Burley forward tobacco, but, was thwarted at all times by the unnecessary and unpleasant perfume. List of Communities with Smoke-free Laws. The aim of this study was to explore views of tobacco among Kentucky youth living in Appalachian counties. Us |Contact It has a raw woody taste (absent in the others) that reminds my of Burley, which is very pleasant. It will be part of my rotation. Makes me feel like I've done somwthing right. Only this is better. The taste is straight up Kentucky. Another thing worth mentioning is the sidestream on this one. Tough on the mouth (I have a sensitive mouth). Ground to a fine dust, this is stuff the English of yore snorted deeply and that made it into the novels of Sterne and Swift. I grew up on a tobacco farm in dark-fired country, and I never realized how much EVERYTHING smells like the stuff (esp. Similar Blends: H&H Old Dark Fired, Irish Flake. Also, it is good with a sweet drink to keep the tastebuds in balance. When I asked how the room note was she said it was fine. Once I smoked Kendal Kentucky I pretty much stopped wanting to smoke anything else. Best Greets & Take it easy, P, When I was a sprout of nine or ten, my pappy offhandedly offered me a chaw, and that satisfied me for chewing tobacco for life. I could easily see ordering a few pounds and cellaring them. Smoke-free ordinances covering all indoor workplaces and enclosed public places by e-cig use prohibited. It may not display this or other websites correctly. It is decidedly the old-timey-est of the three. The taste is good as long as I do not smoke the tobacco fast. Smells like cloves, cinnamon, dark virginia and cigars. I like this one just fine and I think diehard Kentucky fans will find this a to be a four star blend. Does anyone else experience this, or am I just weird? Try to avoid big bowls thou, as this is much stronger than regular burley. It's a fairly strong, nicotine-laden tobacco but the shag cut produces a quick burn, and even a large pipeful tends to finish quickly. At that pace it's slightly acrid due to the nature of a smoked tobacco. Earthy, woodsy and smoky with nutty, chocolaty undertone this is full-bodied and has quite some flavors to offer for a pure Kentucky blend hearty and a top-notch Kentucky blend. Videos. Order by phone M-F 1.888.883.5596. Thanks to a well thought-out international brand policy, tobacco producer Twist is your ideal partner. And in case you didnt notice this one either, KK doesnt mess around. KK doesn't change much at all during the smoke. Pouch note is slightly floral, a bit musty, and reeks of something like rancid chocolate. Umber with flecks of sienna and ochre. Sort by. Tastewise, this is a very stout tobacco. A collection of American-made traditional scotch and sweet snuffs. This is not the type of tobacco I smoke frequently, I always prefer mild straight blend since I am very sensitive to nicotine, but I enjoy 1 bowl of this nicotine bomb when I have the mood for it. On its own, not for me. Quick View. Very satisfying. As much as I'm hypertolerant to Nicotine and smoke almost exclusively very strong tobaccos, I find Kendal Kentucky a bit too much in the strength department. Many thanks, Dustin. One side note: this tobacco does well in roll your own cigarette to boot. I get slightly bitter cocoa. The shag cut is also a plus as it burns quickly great for a mid-morning smoke before getting back to work. Following this initial phase, the robust characteristics of full-strength burley dominate the pallet the entire life of the bowl. The flavor of these is decidedly dark and strong. If you swallered a plug of that, you didn`t have to swaller another on top of it to make gettin` sick worthwhile. I wish this had been the first pipe tobacco blend I ever tried. For someone that in the past didn't think they liked burley a few blends that were recommended here have certainly changed my mind ie. Using a sharp plug knife I sliced about 2 1/2" of the 'twist' and cut it into small circles and then rubbed it out slightly. Packed some of it into my Corn Cob and went on a journey to Kentucky! Sipping is required and pushing it will result in a bitter pipe. Pipe Used: 1946 Dunhill Billiard _ Group 3 Bowl. There's a lot in here. Kentucky's Tobacco Industry. Firmly recommended for those who like this sort of thing. What I love about this though is it contains nothing but Burley, and yet the flavour is deep and complex. Order By Phone: 1-866-247-2447 Proudly owned and operated by an enrolled member of the Seneca Nation of Indians. Something just built up to the point that all I could taste was this cloying smokiness and little else. The old timers here in Tennessee and Kentucky chewed this tobacco. Then I lit it and all became clear. The plant today known as tobacco, or Nicotiana tabacum, is a member of the nicotiana genus - a close relative to the poisonous nightshade and could previously only be found in the Americas. This is a great buy, and a great smoke from one of the oldest tobacco houses around. It manages to be all of these things without being harsh or biting. Usually, one charring light gets the ember going perfectly. From these strings, you can cut or bite off pieces into the size of your choice and then chew to your preferred consistency and texture. The only thing I might add is that I find the Lakeland essence a bit obnoxious here, in the sense that I think it tends to clash with the natural taste of this tobacco. I realize that might not be everyone's idea of fetching, but it works for me. I find its a great "After a big meal" or last smoke of the night blend.. I like that family of three strong shags by GH: Dark Birds Eye, Kendal N7 and Kendal Kentucky. Over the past few weeks, I have been waltzing my way through a trio of the G&H shag-cut offerings. This is a very fine, string cut, so no difficulties packing or keeping it lit. Add to Wishlist. Just pure tobacco that asserts its presence and keeps a smile on your face. Granny dipped snuff and chewed Kentucky Twist tobacco so there were always spit cans around and if you ever got bee or wasp stung she had the tobacco juice to doctor you right up. Twist Tobacco Category Twist is the oldest form of tobacco. If you find you need to kick up the nicotine, then add a small portion of dark air-cured to the next batch. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. al. KENTUCKY KING LARGE TWIST 12/CT. Sweet Seneca Smokes - Chewing Tobacco | Pipe Tobacco | Smokeless Tobacco | Plug/Twist Tobacco | Filtered Cigars | Little Cigars > Splash Sweet Seneca Smokes sells chewing tobacco, pipe tobacco, smokeless tobacco, plug/twist tobacco, filtered cigars and much, much more. I purchased a Peterson Belgique with a .60 inch bowl specifically for smoking KK. Kentucky Select (Gold) 5lb Bag Pipe Tobacco. It was still in it's zip-lock shipper. Pipe Used: Steve Wiener Bing Crosby Dublin. It burns ok as is, but does benefit from some drying. I let it dry for 20 minutes, and it was crisp and crumbly. I've tried KK in a couple of different pipes (cobs and briars) and notice no appreciable difference. I like how it burns. No fuss to pack, kept fine and went far. Already on first few puffs I got greeted by a decent smokiness, that intensified a bit more as I progressed. I have a chaw every now and then for a bit of nostalgia, but I've yet to smoke the stuff. Ive been coverted to Lakeland Essence ! I haven't tried Dark Bird's Eye yet, so we'll see. It's like cream on your tongue. Nicotine is towards the strong-ish end of the spectrum, but isn't overwhelming. The market . Pipe Collecting | As it has only one ingridient, it doesn't need wide bowls to develop imo, and is a neat, hearty filler for inbetween or as a night cap in bigger bowls. The taste reminds me of Dark Flake and Dark Plug, with some woodier notes creeping in. I give it a full 4stars on its own merit and not comparing this to any other tobacco that I have had, as it is clearly unique in my opinion. Taste is full. A definite sweetness/niceness there, man. Rated 0 out of 5 $ 1.99 Read more. I recommend a tall cup of strong black coffee to accompany this smoke and don't try to stand up immediately afer you finish your pipe. Not with Kendal Kentucky. The sweet chocolaty cigar-like notes that emanate from the smoldering bowl will make your eyes roll back in your head with ecstasy. Kentucky Select Pipe Tobacco - 5lb Bag. It has some Lakeland remembering in the far distance, maybe just because its stored near some scented. Personally I'd prefer Kendal Dark for the smokiness and increased sweetness, or John Cotton's double pressed dark fired when I want a strong, non-smoky burley-forward experience.Would even prefer Prince Albert when I'm not looking for nicotine. Tobacco and tobacco-related products have a long history that stretches back to 6,000 BC. This is one of my regulars, along with Peterson University Flake and Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. Exactly like those traded to trappers and Indians since the early approximately century. Kentucky Select Silver Pipe Tobacco 5 Lb. The stag is easy to pack and light, but burn quickly. If you are in the mood for a strong tobacco that will relax your senses, this is the one. This is a fairly strong, but exceptionally cool tobacco for the lovers of dark fired Virginias. Let me tell you, it was weird, I thought I had found a favorite tobacco, and suddenly, one night when traveling, I could hardly tolerate the stuff. Its a good outdoor tobacco as well, retaining its flavour in a way many tobaccos somehow dont. This G H & Co blend has this perfume at a moderately strong level and it persisted from beginning to the end of the bowl. (Knowing him pretty well, I think he just let me try it, and let me and the 'baccy figure it out. It handles easily, packs easily and lights easily even straight from the pouch. A nice shag from fine ribbons, looks similar to Kendal Dark, but smells and taste very different. Admittedly a must have baccy for every cigar aficionado. And for my personal taste the stoutness can be a bit owerwhelming. I experience no after taste even though it takes two or three pipefuls before I feel like I've had enough. This makes it easy to pack, stays lit and smokes down without any need to mess with it. stuffed my favorite chimney meerschaum & 2 charing lights& some steady puffing,was hit with a smooth & more mellow KK then when it was young very nutty ,sweet & much more mellow no tongue bite no matter how aggressive I smoked ,detected a sweetness that was not there before ,what can I say if you like 1 diminutional tobacco (not a bad thing in this case) with a little N kick in the pants this is a good blend for that but I would recommend put some in the cellar(office closet)for several years. You are using an out of date browser. This one takes me back to my days of working on the tobacco markets! |Home I'll be smoking this one very frequently, as I find the overall quality to be the equal of any blend out there. These babies are not for those of unsteady pins. After a couple of bowls, I added it to a mixture of some burley and aromatic tobaccos that I've compiled from blends I've not fancied. Smokes well in a cob as well as a briar. The Kentucky Select Gold Pipe Tobacco is a medium to mild-bodied pipe tobacco mix. This here is no frills, in your face perfection. Kendal Kentucky is a full-bodied, full strength tobacco of 100% African grown (Malawi, Uganda, and Tanzania) variation of the actual Kentucky seed. What took me so long? Hap, I've never even HEARD of those twists. Twist Tobacco. Kendall KY doesn't burn clean or smooth, or handle relights well. Twist Tobacco Old-time twists that you can smoke, use in medicine bundles, prayer ceremonies, etc. $13.74. Lastly, the end of a bowl of KK will make you feel awfully good about your pipe smoking prowess. If smoked carefully, KK is tasty, full and rich. All the menthol flavor you could ever want in a bulk bag. No confusion. Samuel Gawith - Brown No.4 Finest Kendal Twist - 50g Tin. Coming at you in one of finest shag cut configurations of swarthy tobacco youll ever encounter; KK is a full-bodied robust adventure made for strong knees. Happy Christmas to all and to all a good smoke ! I don't normally write reviews based on a 5-bowl sample I was gifted, preferring to smoke an entire tin or a couple oz of bulk brands before I really get to know it. Perfect lazy man's smoke. Very full flavored smoke with a savory gusto and umami aftertaste. This one is quite special. This is a dark bold blend with deep rich flavors of chocolate, earth, pepper, coffee, wood and molasses. Mac Baren Tobacco Company A/S is the largest privately-owned tobacco company in the Nordic Region, a leader in the pipe tobacco sector, present with its products in over 80 countries. This tradition dates back to 1792 and Thomas Harrison. The shag cut enhances this in ways I do not understand, as a shag cut can often make other tobaccos difficult, fast burning or harsh. A very smokey taste and aroma due to the stoving process. The vintage cut is too easy to pack and light but much slower and cooler. Has light topping with an herbal quality and a minor floral note (though not the traditional lakeland one might expect). Shop now and experience the difference! This is an okay tobacco to spice up something bland, but doesn't really amount to something that I could puff on regularly. Gawith and Hoggarth make some fine blends . $ 59.00 $ 56.00. The flavour has been well described here; being (to my tastebuds) woody and toasty with a hint of spice and a slight bitter dry edge softened with a natural and delicate muscovado sweetness. Tobaccos Sweet Rum Twist. The standard by which all fire cured burleys may be judged. Other than that, I get a similar dark fired taste and quite the nicotine hit from this one. Rating Scores - 10 is the Best and 0 is the Worst; Comment = Very Smooth, Medium Strength, Nice Full Body Natural Tobacco Flavor, White Ash Burn. Even a novice such as myself can pretty easily smoke it down to the proverbial white ash. KK is not for the light at heart. And your pipe will smell like Lakeland "essence" for a long time after the tobacco is gone. While it . This one lets the tobacco talk. I cant recommend this enough if you are looking for a straightforward, full flavour, full strength tobacco that you can just load into a pipe and light up. After a night in the humidifying jar the 'twist' became quite pliable and less brittle, also it tasted damned good to chew due to the absence to flavoring or sugar in the tobacco. It is life transforming rite-of-passage. I absolutely love the shag cut. Among Kentucky high school youth, 8.9% reported currently smoking cigarettes. CondorLover1/Simon, Achtung, am I right assuming this twist is of Dark Fired Kentucky?Moreover,I've been told some ole codgers in England do chew them strongish rope tobaccos occasionally as well. in an effort to decide which one to start buying in bulk. The scent from the sample bag is smoky, earthy and little nutty. Available in a large or small twist. Body is medium to strong. Premium Cigars. Nicotine level is very high. This resembles a variety of Gawith Kendal tobaccos flavors. Exactly like those traded to trappers and Indians since the early approximately century. Because it's cut so fine it looks like you get twice as much. All in all a very interesting experience but I think I'll stick to chewing the stuff. Took more out and let it dry about 15 minutes, much better. It can be avoided by adopting a slower pace and then it's an outstanding smoke. KK has a floral taste with occasional soapy tones. HUB KC Cash & Carry Kansas City, MO jhill@hubtobacco.com 816-231-6841 I agree with just about everything in Paddy's review. Well this is a new addition to the rotation for sure. Overall, I don't care for it. I feel like it must have a light flavoring to it and maybe licorice? It's boldly earthy, woody, floral, herbal, vegetative, nutty, toasty, with a light brown sugar sweetness as well as a hint of cocoa, a lot of spice, and notable sourness without the sludge taste of a strong tobacco. I bought this because I wanted to smoke a shag cut. Underlying all of this is that slight Lakeland floral touch that is almost undetectable in this one. Tasted cocoa, espresso, crushed red pepper, with light flowery notes throughout. copyright intellectual property of the reviewer and STC Holdings LLC and may not be You are as sharp as ever in that those references were my attempts at Xmas levity! I'll have to get back to it someday. Sweet with toasty notes it burns like a dream. Maybe a little dark sugar. It is a little like Rich Dark Honeydew in taste to me, but not as aromatic as that one is. It is tangy, very nutty, and a little spicy. The USPTO has given the KENTUCKY TWIST trademark a serial number of 72328634. You can take a small portion and burn it mildly to get a slight . Kentucky Twist | Tobacco | Food Country USA My Account Store Hours WEEKLY AD DIGITAL COUPONS RECIPES LOCATIONS ABOUT 0 Print Ad Digital Deals Digital Coupons Recipes My Account Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Connect 2023 Food Country USA app_key: is required. If you are not used to blends that impart a powerful dose of nicotine, don't drive while smoking. Pure bliss for lovers of Kentucky Burley , strong and full bodied smoke that burns clean and dry! I agree, in fact, that is pretty much how I like to smoke KK. Kentucky's Best Pipe Tobacco from BNB Tobacco features premium flue-cured Burley tobacco. 2. Sadly, I never inherited his touch or feel for growing things. Great for fall decor, wedding decor, farmhouse decor, etc. The shag cut is easy to pack but be cautious don't tamp too hard or it will not draw. Despite the shag-cut, it burns fairly cool with zero bite. Still, cigarette. I have another nice stash of this still vacuum sealed and am looking forward to enjoying many flavorful bowls of this in some of my larger cobs. I have not smoked my entire 2 oz's of this, but liked it right from the start, and I still do. Paddy. Thanks to all of you tobacco mavens.and you know who you are. Kendal Kentucky is a full-bodied, full strength tobacco of 100% African grown (Malawi, Uganda, and Tanzania) variation of the actual Kentucky seed. After having had several more I have to downgrade it to three. In terms of room note it was definitely pungent and even after an hour or so the office still smelt how I would imagine the gun deck of the CSS Virginia smelled after a major engagement. Innocent looking with a hidden intent to lull the unwary to indulge. Its not much like the Dark shag/flake, which has a tang all of its own. This may be mild on the palatte but has a goodly amount of nicotine, as to be expected from fire cured types. Shag cut, pulls itself out of the bag if you grab a few strands. At the time though I was both smoking and talking and was unable to fully concentrate on it. What makes this blend stand out is its ability to balance the smoky flavor and as a result allow it to stand on its own in contrast to the underlying tobacco taste, creating the enveloping sensation of smoked tobacco instead of nearly burned tobacco. I prefer strong tobacco and I appreciate great flavor. I got around to trying K.K. I therefore prefer to use a filter pipe to reduce the unwanted acrid taste. It has an oak and hay-like taste for me and is not sweet like other blends of this type. The cut is not so thin as 5 Bros or something like Drum. I like the shag cut, which makes packing a bowl very easy. I detect no added or artificial flavor. Percent Covered by 100% Smoke-free Workplace Laws. ALL THINGS TOBACCO. Kentucky Select Pipe Tobacco 1 lb (16oz) - Gold. This came in a ziploc baggie. For most of the 19th and. Has a near perfect burn, although a little quick. The burn from it's good, giving a cool smoke. Makes it super easy to pack, light, and smoke. Requires a fairly steady sip and frequent tamping (very lightly) to keep it lit but this a minor inconvenience compared to the full tobacco taste and round smoke it provides. I don't know if he meant to discourage me on the habit, if it was a prank, of if he just figured he'd let me try it. Please bare with me as this is my first pipe review here.. and I've only been smoking pipe seriously for about 8 months now so my palette is still in training. Purchased From: pipesandcigars.com in Albany, NY. I received this from a fellow forum-ite as a sizable and somewhat aged (over a year old) sample. With Kendal Kentucky you get a straight forward smoke.