Incumbent mayors in Berlin and Dover are unopposed. I am a long-time advocate and supporter of the Hudson School District; through my candidacy I want to ensure that all of our children receive the. 2 - INTERVIEW Initial interviews are scheduled with the hiring manager as well as other team members who are familiar with the job responsibilities The primary reason I ran for school board in the first place in 2013 was the division in the community over solving the secondary space needs at the high school and middle school. This allows the Town Clerk & Supervisors of the Checklist time to prepare the checklists that will be used at the elections. Staff must follow existing anti-bullying policies as well as state and federal law pertaining to student safety. This is one of the main civil rights issues of the 21st century. There was no primary election, and the general election was held on April 5, 2016. Through both my professional and volunteer work, I have developed relationships with a wide range of Hudson residents, from those whose families have been here for generations to those who have recently relocated to Hudson. The Selectmen meet on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Town Hall. ET on Feb. 28 to mark . Every community is different and what is good for Madison or Milwaukee may not be best for Hammond or Somerset. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. A virtual learning environment also provides an additional revenue opportunity for the Hudson. John Hauser Start an application We're online. Recruiting for a CRNA to join a congenial 4 physician/3 CRNA private practice for the medical community for Parkland Medical Center in Derry, New Hampshire. None that I am aware of. Main Level of Town Hall As a parent, I have experienced firsthand the incredible staff who educate, encourage, challenge and support our students. Hudson School District Policies & Procedures Board of Education Members Jamie Johnson, President Bob Baumann, Vice-President Heather Logelin, Treasurer Carrie Whitacre, Clerk Rob Brown, Member Kate Garza, Member Molly Powers, Member Click here to view the Board of Education member profiles and contact information. Describe your involvement in the Hudson School District or Hudson community: Our family has strong roots here in the Hudson School District. Office Hours 1, voted in the affirmative March 12, 1985 by ballot by the Annual Town Meeting, as amended, was repealed June 8, 1992 by Res. When Wisconsin was brought into the United States of America as part of the Northwest Territory, the founding document established public schools as a necessity for our inclusion to the new nation. What mitigation measures, with regard to COVID-19, would you endorse, if any, going forward? insightful. Our schools are built on relationships - with each other, with students and with the community. Snow Day Friday The Hudson Virtual Academy is currently open to students in grades 9-12. - To help create a safer, more secure world. Parents, former educators, and incumbents are among the candidates running for four seats on the Detroit school board. Carrie resides in Hudson with her husband Lance and their dog. Should they be allowed to discuss controversial topics such as critical race theory, the 2020 presidential election, COVID-19, etc. Bob has been an active volunteer over the years for Hudson schools, hockey and soccer associations, Phipps Center for the Arts, and Grand Views Castle Park construction. Everyone in our district should be doing what they can to help keep all our students safe. Descriptions and reasons for running for School Board are provided by each candidate to the left of this column. Other Hudson students might find a class available via virtual learning (through UW-River Falls, Chippewa Valley Technical College, etc.) In the latest twist, an anonymous letter is accusing Hudson residents who back the school board's incumbents of supporting the sexualization of kids. $300 HIRING BONUS FOR JOINING OUR TEAM! Qualified Candidates Must be board . How much freedom should teachers have over curriculum? Why are you running for School Board? I would need more information regarding what would be reported and to who, as well as how danger is being defined. Why are you running for School Board? I think the primary mitigation at this time should be common sense: for folks to stay home if they are symptomatic until asymptomatic or they test negative. Family: wife, Jean; three adult children, Lukas, Sarah and Alex; and two grandchildren, Leila, 5 and Jax, 3. Nashua school board meetings attracted a police presence near the end of the summer after a contingent of the Proud Boys - an alt-right militant group - appeared at several meetings. The board suspended Nass on Jan. 12, 2021, with no hearing. What is the primary reason you have decided to run for school board? Town of Hudson 78 Main Street Hudson, MA 01749 (978) 568-9615 General Town Hall Hours: M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm Employee Information | Website Disclaimer | Government Websites by CivicPlus Do you see a need for remote learning as an elective option for some students going forward? April 4th, 2023 - 7:00am - 8:00pm MUNICIPAL SEATS UP FOR ELECTION 2-year term: Alderperson, District 1 Randy Morrissette II - Incumbent Alderperson, District 5 Sarah Bruch - Incumbent Alderperson, District 6 Joyce Hall - Incumbent 1-year term: Alderperson, District 2 Lynn Wakefield - Incumbent Why are you running for School Board? Megan Rozowski Megan Rozowski and family Submitted Incumbent Hudson Board of Education member Heather Logelin will be on the April 4 ballot with Erin Gerlach, Randy Lawson and Megan Rozowski.. Bob Baumann was elected to the Board of Education in April of 2018. Current school board member Bruce Hanson will not be running for. In Exeter, five left-leaning candidates held off challenges from opponents on . Should there be term limits for board members? For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. U.S. Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.), Chairman of the House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party, and other members of the Select Committee host an event at 3:00 p.m. (opens in new window), Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Technical Education Center, download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software, Library Street - Kindergarten (full-day program), Hills Garrison Elementary School - Grades 2 5, Nottingham West Elementary School - Preschool, Grades 2 5, Alvirne High School Grades 9 12 and the Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Technical Education Center, Strong learning environment safe and welcoming schools, Strong connections strong connections between schools, family and the community, Vibrant learning system students and teachers engaged in personalized learning to prepare for future opportunities, A letter of intent for position in consideration, Three business or professional letters of recommendation, Official copy of transcripts (if applicable), Copy of your certification (if applicable). Jamie has served the community in various capacities including president of the Hudson Daybreak Rotary, church council president and Sunday School teacher at Bethel Lutheran Church, Hudson SAFE board member and officer, co-chair of the All Night Senior Party, STRIVE Mentor, YMCA and Hudson Booster coach and volunteer, Hudson Food Shelf board member and volunteer, and other various volunteer opportunities in the Hudson School District. (opens in new window), Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Technical Education Center, download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software, Set and establish the budget and provide budget oversight. Kate has enjoyed volunteering in the classrooms for the past 17 years. I also earned a Master of Public Policy from the Humphrey School of Public Policy at the University of MinnesotaTwin Cities where I focused on advanced policy analysis and education policy. Is there any reason to question the legitimacy of this election? Any future mitigation measures should be based on actual medical and scientific data. Meetings are typically twice a month on the first and third Monday of the month. share ideas and opinions. 12 School St. Job Summary: As a Principal Materials Program Manager, you will manage all material activities needed to meet program requirements and ensures a strong link within and between various materials functions, including Sourcing, Program Management, Engineering, Operations Program Management and Planning. Any person may change party registration at any primary, upon oath or affirmation to the same effect, but he shall not be permitted to vote the ballot of any party at such primary (RSA 654:34(b)). This school district is outside of that coverage scope and does not receive scheduled updates. She has served on numerous nonprofit boards, including the Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley, St. Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity, and the Free Clinic of Pierce and St. Croix Counties. I would need more information regarding what would be reported and to who, as well as how danger is being defined. I wanted to help find a solution that worked for students, staff and the tax-payers. New Britain herald. As an elected member of the school board, I have had the opportunity to develop a much deeper understanding of the districts history, programs, curriculum, operations, financials, facilities, accomplishments, strengths and challenges. Three candidates will move forward to the Spring Election. I serve on nonprofit boards in Minneapolis and Woodbury. He lives in New Hampshire with his wife, a. Jessica Grill New Hampshire House, Hillsborough District 18, NH Current school board member Bruce Hanson will not be running for re-election. Book the best deals of hotels to stay close to Hurley Factory Store with. Any Hudson resident, who is at least 18 years old, may register to vote in person at the Town Clerk's Office during regular office hours, 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday. web pages Jamie was elected to the Board of Education in April 2013. Should district staff be required to report students they suspect might be a danger to other students? Our beat reporters are on the ground covering local government, schools, sports, business and culture. This election choses the kinds of leaders that we want to guide the education of our students. Seven candidates are running for the Hudson School Board Primary Election on February 16, 2021. Sarka is a second grader at Houlton Elementary and Roza will enter 4K in the fall of 2025. My wifes brother Mitch Lewis, his wife Greta and their daughter Scarlet. Heather is a member of the Hudson Daybreak Rotary Club and served as the 2017-2018 President of the River Falls Rotary Club. For more information on your polling place, visit. The primary reason I ran for school board in the first place in 2013 was the division in the community over solving the secondary space needs at the high school and middle school. Bob has lived in the Hudson School District since 1996 and has three children (Hudson class of 2015, 2018, 2020). We will be renewing our focus and updating the plan based on staff and community needs. Registered voters who will be away duringState or Town Electionsmay request an absentee ballot by completing either theApplication for State Election Absentee Ballot or Town Election Absentee Ballot formand mailing it to the Town Clerk's Office, 12 School Street, Hudson, NH 03051 or faxing it to 603-816-1292. Elections Voter and candidate information. Petition Filing Deadline: Before 4 p.m. on March 27, 2023. I would not personally endorse any mandatory mitigation measures based on recent case trends and the relaxation of recommendations from the CDC and public health officials. The Hudson School District Board of Education consists of seven at-large members elected to three-year terms. Serves on the following committees: Hudson Board of Selectmen; Policy Committee; Hudson, NH 03051 603-883-7765. The Maine Medical Board hearing on the licensure of Dr. Meryl Nass continues on March 2 from 9:00 a.m. Funeral services for Barbara Ann (Barge) Sexton, 82, of Lufkin will be held Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. in the Carroway Funeral Home Chapel with Brother Elton Musick officiating. What mitigation measures, with regard to COVID-19, would you endorse, if any, going forward? Three candidates are vying for a seat on the Hudson School Board during the spring election, Tuesday, April 5, 2022. Hudson, NH 03051 Hudson, NH 03051 Registered voters may change their party affiliation for the state primary elections up to the day before the filing period opens. We'll send breaking news and news alerts to you as they happen! Describe your involvement in the Hudson School District or Hudson community: I have lived in the Hudson School District for nearly 20 years. 26 min read. Public education has done so much for me personally that I feel I still have much more to give to this community. Bob has lived in the Hudson School District since 1996 and has three children (Hudson class of 2015, 2018, 2020). I attended a Catholic grade school and a public junior/senior high school. 1. Molly has worked in publishing, in the automotive industry and most recently, as a part-time bookkeeper. Give 12. What should the district's number one priority be? We cant have 14 or 15 sections of third grade science students each being taught a different curriculum. Everyone should have the opportunity to follow the career path that align with their interests and abilities and have access to higher education or vocational training to make those dreams a reality. In the next few years, our district will be addressing several critical challenges, including financial sustainability in the face of declining enrollment; and how to continue strengthening our academic and career planning programs. Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future. View current job openings Check the community calendar for last minute changes or additional meetings. She and her husband Lance have lived in Hudson since 2003 with their two daughters, who both graduated from Hudson High School. My wife's parents Gary and Paige Lewis. There is no place in our schools for racism, discrimination and stereotypes. Our career and technical education program provides students the opportunity to gain experience in a career path and potentially college credit in programs including Air Force ROTC, culinary arts, heavy duty mechanics, pre-engineering and veterinary sciences. Normally, uncontested races are. He/she must appear in person at the Town Clerk's Office during regular office hours to request a change in party affiliation and will be asked to provide identification. The board agenda and supporting documents are posted in advance of the meeting and can be found under Agendas & Minutes.. I think the solution the Board of Education proposed, and the community agreed to, (expansion and remodel) is a long-term solution that provides our students with excellent opportunities for success while in school and beyond. Describe your involvement in the Hudson School District or Hudson community: I am a resident of Hudson and concerned about the community in which I live. She graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College with degrees in History and Political Science and a minor in Womens Studies. Voters will go to the . Hudson, NH 03051Phone:(603) 886-6000 ext. We cant have 14 or 15 sections of third grade science students each being taught a different curriculum. Additionally, I believe staff should continue to be trained in identifying dangerous behaviors and making building leadership aware of potential risks. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. What prompted my running for school board was a consistent message from parents in the community that they struggled to get responses from the board and administration when they would bring concerns to their attention. The Hudson Virtual Academy is currently open to students in grades 9-12. 5 - SCHOOL BOARD APPROVAL All candidates must be formally approved at a regularly scheduled school board meeting. This resolution also provided, in part, that the Town of Hudson's form of government has been transformed, effective July 1, 1992, from a government comprised of a Town Council with Municipal Charter to a government comprised of Board of Selectmen with Annual Town Meeting. There is an undeniable learning curve as a member of the school board. water for saying it in public, then dont say it here. Yes, I believe getting more people involved in our community is always a positive, as well as providing a consistent stream of fresh perspectives. What mitigation measures, with regard to COVID-19, would you endorse, if any, going forward? He has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Carthage College and a Juris Doctor from the University of Wisconsin Madison. Molly was elected to the Board of Education in April of 2021. Together, they have three children who are currently attending Hudson schools or have graduated from the Hudson School District. on March 9, 2019, Hudson NH Candidate for School Board - Gary Gasdia, There are no reviews yet. Teachers should participate in the conversation, but as an advisor to the school district, consistency and the requirements by the State of Wisconsin must be met or the district could lose state funding. 603-883-7765, Visit us on Facebook! These days can be adjusted based on holidays and school breaks. I chose to run for school board because I believed and continue to believe that my skills, experience and passion are an excellent fit for the work of the school board. Candidates for the March 14, 2023 Election School Board (Three-Year Term) - Select T. PUBLIC NOTICE: 2023 School Election Open Positions. Posted: February 15, 2023. $15 Hourly. Comments that are racist, hateful, sexist Yes, I think alternative options for children are a positive thing, as all children deserve an opportunity for educational success. Family: My family currently living in Hudson include my wife Mackenzie and our dog, Arrow. Our children's education is on the ballot. 20 Library St The key responsibilities of the board are to: Set and establish policy Set and establish the budget and provide budget oversight Hire and evaluate the superintendent Conduct various hearings Collective bargaining Communicate with the public Prior political positions: Two terms on the Hudson School Board, 2015-2021. It takes nearly one full term just to learn all the parameters of the job and how to perform the duties effectively. Those families that expect the schools to conform to the promises made in the Northwest Ordinance, are being denied equal access to the education that was promised to them. Should district staff be required to report students they suspect might be a danger to other students? on the Internet. Heather Logelin is President of the St. Croix Valley Foundation and has more than 25 years of nonprofit experience, including leadership roles with Allina Health and Planned Parenthood. ALABAMA DAILY NEWS - Innovation Center seeks to rapidly train needed workers. No, Occupation: Attorney with Lommen Abdo law firm. My brother Rico Heisler and his wife Kari and their six children (Silas, Gideon, Thaddeus, Malachi, Kazmira and Justus) both of whom work for the school district. 7:30 PM. The personal political opinions of teachers on topics such as critical race theory, the 2020 presidential election and COVID-19 are not defined curriculum by the DPI and should not be permitted. Notifications from this discussion will be disabled. R92-71. Be the first one to, hctvnh-Hudson_NH_Candidate_for_School_Board_-_Gary_Gasdia, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZKsCjWy4Y, Hudson_NH_Candidate_for_School_Board_-_Gary_Gasdia.en.vtt, Hudson_NH_Candidate_for_School_Board_-_Gary_Gasdia.es.vtt, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014).