He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily, Brogren wrote. Read to know more details. Jahmil French, best known for his role as Dave Turner in the Canadian drama series " Degrassi: The Next Generation ," has died at age 29 . Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. Frenchs last photo on Instagram, posted on January 18 also has comments from fans wondering what led to his death. Jahmil French, the actor who played Dave Turner on Degrassi: The Next Generation (later retitled Degrassi ), has passed away at the age of 29. Jahmils work on Degrassi earned him not just the love of a loyal fanbase. I will have more to say about him later. In addition to "Degrassi," French also. No cause of death has been confirmed. He was always dancing. Frenchs co-stars expressed their grief as they remember him for his energy and warmth. Frenchs other credits included Netflixs Soundtrack, the Pop series Lets Get Physical, and the film Boost., Soundtrack creator Joshua Safran on Twitter paid tribute to the young star, writing, I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. French's co-stars and friends shared on social media that he died on Monday, People reported . A representative shared a statement revealing to sources that its with a heavy heart that he confirm the death of a beloved friend and client, Jahmil French. Read Next: Unprisoned Star Kerry Washington and Showrunner Yvette Lee Bowser on How the Show Is an American Story About Healing, How Sesame Workshop Created Through Our Eyes, Its First Docuseries for Kids, During COVID, Josh Peck on Stepping Into Tom Hanks Shoes for Disney Plus Turner & Hooch, Reflects on Drake & Josh, The Bachelorettes Katie Thurston on Her Decision to Open Up About Her Sexual Assault Experience, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan Actor, Dies at 61, Reality TV Star Stephen Bear Jailed for 21 Months Over OnlyFans Sex Video, Jonathan Majors Confronts Those Terrible Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Reviews: It Doesnt Change How I See Myself, New Alien Movie Starts Filming in March, Reveals Cryptic Synopsis and Full Cast, Why Sylvester Stallone Is Not in 'Creed 3', Michelle Yeoh Says Hollywood Questioned If I Even Spoke English After 1997 Bond Film: I Didnt Work for Two Years Due to Stereotype, Idris Elba Says Backlash Over Not Calling Himself a Black Actor Is Stupid: Where Am I Denying My Blackness?, Ke Huy Quan Lost His Health Insurance Right After Filming Everything Everywhere All at Once: Nobody Else Wanted to Hire Me, 21 Best Movies New to Streaming in March: Murder Mystery 2, Triangle of Sadness and More, Harry Potter Star Evanna Lynch: I Wish People Would Give J.K. Rowling More Grace and Listen to Her, Britain's $4 Billion Boss: ITV Chief Carolyn McCall Bets It All on Talent, 2023 Music Festivals: How to Buy Tickets to Coachella, Governors Ball, Lollapalooza and More. I just hope you knew how loved you were.". Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. I will have more to say about him later. Melinda Shankar, who played Frenchs love interest on Degrassi, wrote a touching tribute to French on her Instagram saying he will always hold such a special place in her heart. Depression may have Caused. He was only 28 years old and the cause of his death was never revealed. Jahmil was so full of energy and absolute joy to be around., A post shared by Annie Clark (@annie__clark). He was 28. Right now were all just processing this devastating news.. Whats Legendary Jazz Saxophonist Wayne Shorters Death Cause? how did mark madryga son pass away; les promesses de dieu ne failliront jamais; how to tell a male from a female dragonfly. Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. How Jahmil Degrassi die? is the question which is obviously notable in almost all posts. Memory of Alex Murdaughs Son & Wifes Death Hunt Him AllTime. Right now, Theyre all just processing this devastating news. Jahmil was so full of energy and absolute joy to be around. She was united in marriage to W. Eugene (Gene) French for 69 years who survives at the home. So full of energy and fun. Everytime we interacted you were awesome. I just hope you knew how loved you were. Im sick with the news of Jahmils passing. Us day News also learned today that that Bunny Wailers cause of death could be related to his latest stroke. Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. Rest In Peace .. Safran worked with French on the short-lived Netflix series Soundtrack, a musical drama set in Los Angeles where French played Dante Mendoza, who works to adjust to life outside of prison. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. It has been updated to reflect he was 28. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. I just hope you knew how loved you were". Read More:How did Michael Gudinski Die? Blessed that we got to be part of a big dysfunctional family together. Rest Easy King #JahmilFrench pic.twitter.com/UrVHbG2Zn3, Annie Clark shared a video of French dancing on Twitter with a message that read, Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French. The shows creator Joshua Safran took to social media to confirm the news of the actors death and says that he has more to say later. His co-stars seem to . DEGRASSI actor Jahmil French has suddenly passed away on March 2, 2021. I ask that you keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.. Those who paid tribute to Jahmil and mourned his loss focused not on his death but more on his life and the impact he made over his short time on this earth. We are so saddened to archive such a great young mans loss in the US day News Celebrity death section and offer our sincere condolences to Jahmil Frenchs family and friends. Shankar essays the role of Alli Bhandari, Daves love interest on Degrassi: The Next Generation.. Jahmil French gained. Jahmil French also starred in several television shows likeRemedy,Let's Get Physical,Soundtrack andIncorporated. This is crazy news A true talent and a great friend. It was a pleasure to work with him and he will be missed. He was 28 years old. Truly one of a kind. Annie Clark, who plays Fiona Coyne posted a video of French dancing. French played Dante Mendoza on the first season of the show. ET. Learn how your comment data is processed. After starring in Degrassi, French joined the cast of Canadian film, Boost in 2017. Jessie Lemonier: 5 Things To Know About The Former NFL Player Dead At 25. Wanted to pay my respects to an incredibly kind, funny, and talented individual; Jahmil French. He always wanted to make people laugh and smile, a true joy to be around. Jahmil French. He was 29. pic.twitter.com/JE67FYX6OL. It also earned him a Canadian Screen Award nomination for Best Performance in a Childrens or Youth Program or Series in 2013. You were a talented actor and will be missed., A third chimed in and said: RIP brutha. Why Felicity Hoffman Sentenced to Only 14 Days in Prison? On Tuesday, March 2nd 2021 it was revealed that Jahmil French had passed away the day. In 2018, as part of his work on the film, Boost, he earned a Best Supporting Actor nod at the Canadian Screen Awards. This is a real loss. "I can confirm my good friend, co-worker, and all around inspiration, Jahmil French, passed away yesterday," Safran wrote. ", Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. A true talent and a great friend. People want to know the truth behind his death. Read More: Best Teen TV Shows of All Time. So grateful for memories and deep convos with you, beautiful angel. Jahmil French has sadly passed away at age 29. I'm so heartbroken to have woken up to these devastating news. Hollywood Life, Latest Hollywood Celebrity & Entertainment News. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Possibly; still, nobody knows. On his Twitter account this Tuesday, French's friend and the executive producer of his 2019 project, Soundtrack, confirmed that he had died. Annie Clark, Jahmils Degrassi co-star, shared a video of him dancing with the message, writing, Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French, while she added that he was so full of energy and fun. 2023 Variety Media, LLC. His former co-stars shared the story of young Frenchs death on social media. ", Stefan Brogren, who was one of the original Degrassi cast members and stands as the longest-standing character on the series, also mourned the actor on social media, writing, He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. View our online Press Pack. We will all miss you so much Jahmil pic.twitter.com/hgKibZ1h1j, Christine Prosperi, another Degrassi alumn shared pictures of her and French on Twitter, stating My heart is so heavy.. Users are sharing their favorite moments from his performance on the show. Annie Clarke also remembered the actor by saying, "Heartbroken over the loss of our friend Jahmil French. I just hope you knew how loved you were. The cause of Jamil's death has not been revealed as of yet. CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. pic.twitter.com/6upmYClo3r, Melinda Shankar (@melindashankar) March 2, 2021. All that is issuing is just more and more tributes. French's "Degrassi" co-star Annie Clark also shared a tribute to her friend. Jahmil French, who starred as Dave Turner on "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has passed away at the age of 29. Rest In Peace, she mentioned. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. Right now, were all just processing this devastating news. The passing was confirmed to HollywoodLife by Gabrielle Kachman, Jahmils agent and friend. I will have more to say about him later. 2 2021, Published 1:53 p.m. He performed Dave with such sensitivity and thoughtfulness and could make me laugh so easily. He was an integral part of the Degrassi family and certainly a huge part of my degrassi days. So full of energy and fun. Jahmil French, an actor known for his role as Dave Turner on the Canadian series "Degrassi: The Next Generation," has died, according to his agent, Gabrielle Kachman.