Small paint chip on chainstay and another on fork. For tires, I was riding a mismatched pair of older slicks whose actual measurements were 28.5mm front and 33mm rear. The Gunnar CrossHairs rear end clears a 700c x 40mm tyre without breaking a sweat. Please do not hesitate to ask questions. Teeth are not miss shaped or damaged in any way and chain has consistently been replaced to keep cassette fresh with no damage. However, their upwards angled arms provide similar braking power compared to a traditional cantilever brake design. Offered as a frame and fork for $1,350, the build . Still gets some commuter use, and some love Maybe I'll get it painted .. [wipes a tear]. Gunnar Crosshairs Ultegra 10spd 52cm Green Chris King Thomson WTB Cyclocross, FRAME- Gunnar Crosshairs. Above, FSAs SL-K carbon crankset is fitted with 46 / 34 chainrings. The CrossHairs comes in several stock colors, with base options changing from month to month. I will have the bike boxed and shipped from by local bike shop. Free Your Mind, And Your Legs Will Follow. I decided not to go with a straight top tube, thereby missing out on maximizing framebag volume because I figured the benefits of sloping geometry (supposedly lighter weight, supposedly stiffer triangle) would outweigh the minimal benefits (Aesthetics? The smallest geometry fits 650B wheels. For the money the Crosshairs can't be beat. Wisconsin in the good ol USA. Different casing/tread molds?) I had been hoping to take it on the Oregon trip, but a delay at Waterford left me with out of the bike for a few more weeks, and even then it still had to ship. Though the Passage has longer chainstays. https://www.gravelcyclist.com/bicyclyclocross-rig/. Bred for speed and total performance Add to cart. The Crosshairs frameset is perhaps the most versatile design we offer. I have a Gunnar Crosshairs cyclocross bike, and while it does have a chainstay bridge with a hole, that hole isn't threaded for a road brake, and it's at the wrong height anyway. Tires replaced recently and only minor wear to the rear center of tread. Leapfrogging a th tlantic N w SCENSION ISL ND s re Here You ith Monitoring RITISH Times BRO JDCllSTINC CORPORATION tl ntic Rc/a9 Station . . If it is less than this then I will of course refund, the difference. The Kinesis 4s comes close but I'm suspicious of how big a tyre you could get in there with a calliper and mudguards. Lots of CX bikes on the market obviously but the bottom brackets are typically a lot higher than a road bike, and the geometry usually a lot more aggressive. The Gunnar CrossHairs rear end clears a 700c x 40mm tyre without breaking a sweat. Front derailleur:Ultegra FD-6600 I had a post about it back in June when I had first placed the order. touring - with great clearance and eyelets for fenders. Shimano Ultegra rear derailleur and shifters, barely used. At one time, after I stopped being road racer guy, my crosshairs was my main bike, used extensively for touring, camping, gravel riding- including a couple of D2R2s. I was running smooth 32mm tires, which worked well on the crushed rock. What type of roads or trails you intend to travel by will dictate what kind of bike you need. I like to remove the front wheel on my bike and put the bike in the back of the car for "remote" starts on rides. . First you have to sort out what you mean by "bike packing". The Paceline Forum > General Discussion: Gunnar Crosshairs for bikepacking? Its probably the most versatile bike we offer. bicycle type: gravel Handlebar tape:SRAM Service Course 52.5 Top Tube, 95mm Head Tube) Weight: 21.8Lbs Condition Item Condition: 3 out of 5. Let me know if you have any questions. Could be the only bike you need to own, even if you road race. An old Bridgestone MB-3 set up for cross. Bar width-40cm Components: Bontrager Race Lite Carbon fork w/aluminum steerer(1 1/8) Chris King headset. . You know youre an older Masters rider when, Observations: Things You Give Up as a Gravel Cyclist, I Like Riding Dirt & Gravel Roads Because, I dont like riding Dirt & Gravel roads because. Price Match Guarantee. it maximizes clearance at the brake bridge and I am using oversized tires and 2) I can use the bike weight to . Obvious signs of use like rub marks. Twitter; Facebook; LinkedIn; Skype; YouTube of a straight top tube. Allowance For Doubtful Accounts Adjusting Entry, Thats what I was after. Gravel grinder rig Yes. This is probably the best value going in a 'cross frame. Gunnar Crosshairs 995 frame and forks TIG welded True Temper OX Gunnar premium steel lugged Shimano 105 Shimano 2300 . I was riding 35mm tires on my Crosshairs with no issues. seat and computer will also not be included. It is stable and responsive, quite useable as a road racing bike (I've been using this as my prmary road bike because it's so nice, leaving my Ritchey Road Classic hanging up) and even for crits, yet it has a very sure feeling ride on dirt with knobbies. Above, the only cable hanger one should ever consider pairing with a Paul Components cantilever brake Paul Components Moon Unit. We build versatility into every CrossHairs. that show obvious signs of use. FPO, Alaska, Hawaii will be higher. And has eyelets for a rack in the rear. RetroShift 1x10 shifters( These have been fail-proof in mud and sand(unlike the last 4-sets of SRAM on this same bike) This bike has been well maintained and rides smoothly. Choose Your Gaming PC. . My . I also run Challenge GG Race tyres, but I run mine with the tread facing the opposite way. That is largely a term adopted by mountain bikers to re-name "touring". Black. Copyright 2023 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. HeadTube-19.4cm. Awesome, thanks for an informative reply! I just did 4 days on an '86 Schwinn Passage that is the functional equivalent (only original parts are frame and headset). The simple elegance of the dropouts are part of what make this bike special and beautiful. Some items with minor damage will qualify. Called my local Police to conduct a serial number search and nothing came up under this number and I checked the Stolen Bike Registery at- stolenbicycleregistry.com/ and nothing came up. It feels like a stage race bike that can still take 35mm rene herse tires and paul mini-moto brakes (wow, so powerful and great modulation). Gunnar Crosshairs Cyclocross Bike Gunnar Steel CX frame/fork 53cm ETT(it is the 500 size on Gunnar's website: The color is Sunset red over black pearl. Tire clearance is a top ten discussion item with the Rivendell set. It is a standard Gunnar color which can be seen on their website. The 50th anniversary @ritcheylogic Swiss Cross, which naturally, rides nicely on gravel too. Note the forks eyelet for a rack / fender mount. Long weekends to a couple of weeks, largely unsupported, but occasional nights in a hotel - a hot shower is a wonderful thing. Black, 68mm threaded, Shimano-compatible. The result was a heavily twisted and bent fork. Finally, you can order a version designed for the Rohloff 14-speed rear hub. (LogOut/ Tubeset specifications vary by frame size to offer riders of all sizes the strength and stiffness they need. $570.74 Amazon.com Price. Reluctant to sell but new road bike[and a separate mountain bike] means I don't have the space for this bike too. 1: Fair condition. The pedals, bottle cages and seat on the bike are not included, in the auction. Saddle has some wear to the cover but no damage that would affect function. I feel like that bike was more at home on the gravel then it was on any other pavement. It has seen everything from camping to commuting to centuries. It has plenty of spacers left on the fork if you need to shorten it. We felt that there were several tweaks to be made to create the perfect gravel bike: 1) Wider tire clearance, 2) A third set of bottle bosses. BOTTOM BRACKET- Chris King Precision Components. And what's a Gunnar without the company's trademark versatility? Item used but in good condition. Bike was overhauled before storage and is fully functioning ready to ride with a new chain(only a couple of rides since this was done) Frame& fork have some cosmetic wear from age/ use. bike with less than 1000 miles ever ridden on it, $1400 is a steal. Size 56. I've used it for light touring and commuting but alas I don't use it too often anymore and it is time to go. This is an absolutely stunning frame and I am really reluctant to sell[see below] Frame size: measurement from centre bottom bracket to top of seat seat is 54 cm; horizontal top tube length is 55.5 cm. Rub marks, chips, dents, tears, etc. If I am going for the retro look should I get a straight top tube? At the same time 40mm tires tend to be a lot heavier than 38mm tires, even of the same model (not sure why. Ordered the frame on 2000 (red) 48 cm. I also find that they are more sure-footed through corners this way. Be sure to browse our large selection of rifle scopes and iron sights . New Easton Wheels with Maxxis MudWrestler tires installed. weight? The frame and fork were made in Waterford. Powered by DESCRIPTION Gunnar Crosshairs Cyclocross/Touring Road Bicycle Size 50cm(50cm Seat Tube. What the Gunnar Website Says About Crosshairs: Ah. . Overall, it's taken everything I've thrown at it so you never know. Johns framebuilding setup is pretty compact and he produces some very unique bikes out of that unique space. If your in the market for a cross. I believe the ride quality ultimately suffers. All of the drive-train components are Campagnolo Centaur, Avid Shorty Brakes, FSA headset, Deda Bars and Stem, Syncros carbon seatpost, salsa saddle, panaracer 32mm tires, campagnolo hubs laced to velocity dyad silver rims and were handbuilt 32 hole. Ultegra Bar End Shifters(9 speed) SKS Full Fenders with flaps. Wheels: Mavic Open Pro rims; Ultegra hubs; DT Swiss butted spokes(I forget which model) Skewers: Your choice. Worked a charm. Item Condition Scale: 5: New/Mint Condition. Be ready for funny questions from hidebound neotraditionalists on carbon fiber Shimagnolo steeds. How do you find it in terms of ride quality? 57cm Gunnar Crosshairs CYCLOCROSS Frame. Worked a charm. See full specs on my new Gunnar Crosshairs below. Tire Clearance: true 700x38mm max at rear The Crosshairs has been in Waterford's/Gunnar's line . The 73/73 angles, the 43 rake steel fork, and the 550 effective top tube (perhaps equivalent to a more recent size 54) make the bike ride so well and for something intended to be a backup bike for when my primary carbon super bike is having hydraulic disc issues, creaking press-fit bb or whatever - it has actually become my preferred ride. It feels like a stage race bike that can still take 35mm rene herse tires and paul mini-moto brakes (wow, so powerful and great modulation). I can also ship but cost may be up to 25.00. This latest bike only whet my appetite for the possibilities of custom fabricated bikes as it is the closest thing to custom I have. Im thinking of stuff like the Rodeo Labs Flaanimal, the Soma Wolverine and DoubleCross, anything from Surly (HEAVY). Rack mounts and triple water bottle boss sets give you lots of ways to secure your cargo. Sweet ride - I rode a hilly century in perfect comfort (or at least as perfect as riding up and down hills for 100 miles gets) 3 days after getting it. The crosshairs is an extremely light-steel. Rear derailleur:Shimano XT RD-M770 Excellent condition. Ultegra front 31.8mm clamp w/ shim. First you have to sort out what you mean by "bike packing". Up for sale is a nice Gunnar Crosshairs Frameset with a Winwood Fork. The Rock Tour was designed with a concept in mind; a simple, comfortable and versatile off-road touring bike . For me this task is finishing Trans Iowaagain. I finished Trans Iowa in 2012 aboard my vanilla milkshake colored Gunnar and raced several other gravel events on it. ???? Lovely looking bike. but item is in good working condition. Waterford exclusive butted tube sets, featuring True Temper OX Platinum and Reynolds 853 air-hardening . In august I am doing a loaded tour on it, 500 miles camping in 8 days. Mavic Open Pro rims on Shimano 105 hubs. DERAILLEURS- Shimano Ultegra rear. Tubeset specificationss vary by frame size to offer riders of all sizes the strength and stiffness they need. . That is largely a term adopted by mountain bikers to re-name "touring". Avg. Ultegra 6800 chain and 11-28 cassette. this is a Gunnar Crosshairs frame. The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes: Gunnar Crosshairs Gunnar Crosshairs Frame 57cm RITCHEY DROPOUTS Cross Bike. Gunnar is their inhouse TIG-welded line that can be ordered through many bike shops throughout the US. The tool I used was . I got a stellar deal on the frame in my size and my color (blue). Everything you love is in Amazon. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. A HUGE goal of mine complete! We asked Gunnar to make a bike that had clearance for up to 45mm tires.