Posted 19 June 2012 - 15:16. hello, like a few people here, this years Silverstone 2012 grand prix will be my first. Do you wish to proceed anyway? Edited by kybo on Thursday 21st February 12:43. After holding two races in 2020 without fans, Silverstone welcomed back a capacity crowd at the 2021 British Grand Prix. The page will automatically reload when the distribution is completed. Many thanks, Keith. Im sure the gate staff or information point staff will also be more than willing to offer advice. Will this site release more tickets later? guarantee that your Internet transactions are safe: Unfortunately your session has expired. Im going for the first time in a long time this weekend. There are many customer currently visiting our website. Should we take a seat closer to the road or upper part of the stand ? Enjoy! There are many customer currently visiting our website. Scorching hot, very few shaded areas and for once we hadnt booked front row seats - turned out to be a lucky call as we were a few rows up and in the shade. the cars are at the very edge of their capabilities and will often drift to the tracks outside edge. You get to be in the middle of the action and can see all the start chaos as the cars race off. Best to contact Silverstone to confirm details: https://www.silverstone.co.uk/contact/. The first is budget. The cheapest options for these are called General Admission. We have not been to Silverstone before. If you have one, its a great idea to use a small pushbike to get about within the circuit. Amazing atmosphere. Your session has expired because of inactivity. Tickets went on sale for the 2023 British Grand Prix via the Silverstone circuit on September 15. Official Ticket Packages from F1 Experiences. First through Maggots, into Becketts, then through Chapel, and onto the Hanger Straight, begins a DRS zone. Sunscreen AND waterproofs. Take an fm radio so you can tune into silverstone radio for the 5 Live coverage (helps you understand what's going on). If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. also seems like a lot of walking for them would there be another good veiwing area for them a little nearer or is it worth the walk. At Copse corner in 2021, Hamilton and Verstappen tangled, sending Verstappens car into the barrier, while Hamilton continued and ended up winning the race. Buy a program. Not being a motorsport fanatic myself, I was fascinated by the amount of people in one place. There are three stands on the outside of Stowe corner (Stowe A,B,C) a 3rd gear right-hander taken at almost 200 km/hr. Sorry for not replying, but I was working at the track and very busy. Hi, check the map from this years race. TBH if you want to experiance F1 on the cheap, go anywhere else in the world. Where would be the best place that is closest to track and a good corner? Alternatively, you can take the train to Wolverton then take the taxi to Silverstone. Please reload the page and log in again. We will keep you updated on the latest news, event details and offers from Silverstone. Positioned at the end of the National Pit Straight, Woodcote is a high-speed gentle right-hand turn onto the old pit straight. On the website it says sold out for 2023 and the only ones left are 500 which l can't afford. Dont buy seated tickets unless your ready to sit on the most uncomfortable seats youve ever sat on in your whole life with no leg room, bring your own seats and get standard tickets and your bank account will thank you, and so will your arse. Big screen viewing is available. Ive been looking at Farm Curve, Chapel and Corpse? Thanks. How useless is that? There is a large grass and gravel runoff area, and there is a rather sizeable general admission area for fans. The extra loop added to the Silverstone track is now clearly visible. Stowe (B) is probably the best situated of the three Stowe grandstands for viewing the Hangar Straight and the other direction towards Vale. Becketts grandstand is very high. GA Tickets, camping, food, a program and a team shirt or cap if im feeling flush. Well need your email (and your mobile if youd like us to text!). Where should I stay for the British Grand Prix? What hotels are near F1 - British Grand Prix? Secondly, are the concerts (for example Soul II Soul) not included in the ticket? We apologize for the inconvenience. Personal opinions and experiences very much appreciated! Positioned between Silverstones Club and Abbey corners, the Hamilton Straight grandstand lets you see all the action in the pit and experience the atmosphere at the start/finish line. Silverstone ticket lowdown: things to note. I was looking to attend my first race which has been years in the making (thanks corona), with a 3 day camping on site and everything. . We apologize for the inconvenience. Where is the best place to watch F1 at Silverstone? The General Admission (GA) offer at Silverstone is pretty decent, and goes some way to justifying the high ticket price. Then get there as early as you can on race day to secure your spot. The area in front of Vale down into Club corner is very popular, it's a good overtaking spot and is where the pit entry is and has a slight incline so you can sit towards the back and there's a screen right in front of you but it will be VERY popular so I'd be aiming to leave around 6am if I were you. The new pit wall is on the right-hand side of the track. General Admission Automatic Adult . Please try again later or refresh the page. thank you. What is excellent about Copse corner is that you get to see the downforce working on the cars keeping them planted on the track. Its an expensive excursion, and you want to keep a memory of the event. It is the final corner before the Hamilton straight and the start/finish line. Intelligent Money British GT Championship. subject to change. Your basket is now empty. GA areas cover almost the whole circumference of the circuit and offer excellent vantage points at some of the best corners. With the new circuit layout, Abbey corner is now the first turn after the start of the race, and the views of the first lap battles are incredible. Where is the park and ride for Silverstone? Hi Jon, I dont have any info about the pit lane walk and the registration process. There are four sections in this large Grandstand the best tickets are in Section 2, closest to the pits area. Anyone know if thats correct? Grandstands have been installed along most of the length of the Hamilton straight. We wont collect them until early July. The time allowed for placing orders has elapsed. All were rude and very aggressive , sent us the wrong way and could not care less. The nearest train station to Silverstone is Wolverton Rail Station. We recommend choosing Copse A or B rather than Copse C. There are two sections in the Vale grandstand. Either leave immediately as race ends, or stay and enjoy the entertainment at the grandstand, because if you leave in the middle you'll sit in traffic, although things have improved vastly from years ago. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at the moment. Any thoughts on purchasing a fast track or inner circuit upgrade? What is General Admission? Required fields are marked *. General admission at Silverstone is free for children with an accompanying adult. There is no direct connection from London to Silverstone. The most expensive are sold in Abu Dhabi and Monaco. Can you tell me exactly where the park and ride is for junction 10 on the m40, is it at the junction or away from it, thanks. How many deaths are caused by flu each year? Choose to attend on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or on all three days. Grandstand ticket holders continue with this level of access on Saturday for the P3 and Q1, Q2, and Q3 sessions. }); You wont see much overtaking through these corners as the cars are going too fast, but lap times are often made or ruined through here due to the technical nature of the turns. They are expensive because the government dont subsidise the cost of the race fee so they have to pay it all themselves. whats good to do in general admission? Hi, Which stands get to open gates to get on the track for the post race ceremony, please? Great event, very poor traffic management, Brilliant event ruined by traffic management. But when you go to the Silverstone official site it shows the tickets are all sold out? Club Corner was modified in 2010 when they changed the constant curve to a double apex corner, which is challenging for todays cars. The food and beverages at Silverstone are often costly, so you may want to take your supplies through instead. Can i also go to the other Grandstands at Friday and Saturday? General Admission. Please try again after changing browser. This is related to Netflix (rising interest in F1) and also the excellent championship battle we had in 2021. Luffield used to be the last turn on the old Silverstone circuit. His car went on the grass and then spun right across the track, hit the retaining wall of the pits, and bounced back into the middle of the track. Formula 1 British Grand Prix . Located on the Main Straight with views of the Start-Finish Line, Pit Lane & Team Garages, Uncovered Seat-Back Style Seating, https://f1experiences.com/2023-british-grand-prix/hero, Hi Rafael, I dont believe its a covered grandstand. Everyone expects it to be slow when so many people are trying to leave but there was no one directing traffic and it was total chaos. Please edit your quota distribution in order to continue. Woodcote has had its fair share of crashes. Change your location throughout the day and watch the track action from one of our many viewing banks. As previously commentated Vale has lots of banking without grandstands, and the bank at maggots/Beckett's onto Stowe really shows the insane cornering skills of modern f1 cars. How much are tickets for Silverstone? And we will definitely be back next year Date of experience: July 2017 Some say it adds to the challenge and skill required, whereas other drivers criticize the bump and complain about its impact on a high-speed corner. Is general admission at Silverstone worth it? We offer several options; Formula 1 tickets for Sunday's race or for a complete weekend. Many of the designated GA viewing areas at Silverstone are located directly in front of the grandstands, closer to the action. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. General Admission Sunday. Is this worth the big price tag? Sorry I dont, but you can check on the circuit website here: https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/formula-1-british-grand-prix/tickets Your selection in this package contains at least 1 overlapping timeslot among the visit passes. Im also planning to get Fast Track and Saturday Inner Track. We recommend that you come early so that you can find a good spot. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. In 1993 the legendary Michael Schumacher suffered brake failure, went through the gravel runoff, and smashed into the barrier at 200km/h. Please try again later or refresh the page. I'd like to bring my dad and husband to Silverstone next year but have no idea where to start, where to stay, what tickets to get. All advice appreciated! This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. The maximal number of tickets for this order has been exceeded. Have a promotional or voucher code? Open filters. Hi I have recently bought general admission tickets for silverstone 2023 and I ideally want a grandstand ticket does anyone know if its possible to upgrade to this? Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at the moment. The great news is that, apart from the T1, Village B Enclosure, and Club Silverstone, General Admission ticket holders have roaming access to all the grandstands for Friday P1 and P2 sessions. Are we better at Abbey and skipping Paddock walk? Is it worth buying Fast Track for race day? 4 Why are Formula 1 tickets so expensive? At Race Experience, we aim to please and offer the best Silverstone F1 tickets, camping packages and first-class hotels. Your selection in this package contains at least 1 overlapping timeslot among the visit passes. Club Corner is one of the best places to watch Silverstone. Bring along adequate sun protection and suitable weather gear for the other extreme. We have 3-day Grandstand seats for the 2022 British GP. You are also close to the Village stage on the infield where some of the best off-track action happens on the weekend. From these seats, you get a distant view of the final Club corner, pitstops and start/finish of the race. The unauthorised resale of a ticket generally leads to the ticket becoming invalid. Cheaper grandstands worth considering include Vale and Village A. Sorry, no guided tour is available for the selected time slot, only is available. , Please select at least one item you wish to purchase, Please select a departure station different from the arrival station. Have fun. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V. We have three day tickets for 2019. Built on the site of RAF Silverstone, a World War 2 air force base, three converging concrete runways, placed at 60-degree angles to each other in a triangular pattern, formed the foundation of the first track, which are still visible within the outline of the present course. This element can"t be used with screen readers Other products; General Admission Sunday; RED FLAGS Please select a quantity; Please select at least one item you wish to purchase; From Village B, you get a great extended view of the cars as they take on the slow and technical Village and Loop corners which present a real test of the drivers skills. So where would be a less busy grandstand to head to watch the W Series and Sprint race? During the first lap, bunches of cars arrive here side by side, which means many things can happen. We have just been to f1 and are looking at going next year. When I went in 96 people were at the gates at 11pm on Saturday, I assume its still the same now? You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. We will keep you updated on the latest news, event details and offers from Silverstone. When I went rather than watching on TV we stood at Copse. Silverstone has capacity for approximately 150 000 F1 fans, made up of 60 000 grandstand tickets and 90 000 General Admission tickets. General Admission is a creative milieu based in the coastal cities of Los Angeles. Also says children under 10 go free. We have 3 day tickets for national pit straight grandstand. Thanks. Whilst a standard general admission ticket doesn't give you access to any grandstands or exclusive enclosures, it does mean you are free to walk around the outside of the whole circuit and find your favourite viewing spot. How can this be? Hi, weekend means all days, so yes u will. We accept the following payment types and We don't have many rules, so you can feel free to post what you want to post (within reason) and have fun chatting to like minded people about the sport we all know and love. If you are there for all three days, you have Friday and Saturday to find the best place to watch the Sunday race. Thank you, Hi Susan, Im sure you can take your grandson, but I dont want to give you wrong information. RESELL OF TICKETS IS NOT PERMITTED IN OUR T&Cs. For this alone we will never ever go back to Silverstone and for anyone who really wants to go I'd say only go on a Sunday when you have guaranteed seats. This element can"t be used with screen readers. Theyre going to try and sell a maximum amount of tickets at a maximum price. at Because our website is currently very busy, you will be redirected to the waiting room. Does Price Cutter Sell Silver Dollar City tickets? Oh no! I have difficulty walking/standing after Covid, and i was wondering what my options could be apart from bringing a folding chair and being static most of the times, but i can cycle. Your only option now is to buy for a higher price on a secondary reseller platform I think. If you looking to attend a single day, FRIDAY . Should we look at getting to the track super early? I suggest you get there early and explore for yourself. Child tickets are available - under 10s go free. Copse offers stunning views (and a TV screen) so it's worth considering and unlike the Luffield spot, you don't need to turn up super early. But in the text at the time of purchase it says that it is not: The flexible option. To hear about any additional ticket releases for this years British Grand Prix, sign up here. seats O355 &O356. Are there allocated seating and great views?