In the end, it is not about choosing a paint that is popular, it is more important to choose a color that you love. You can buy Benjamin Moore paint at certified sellers. Learn how your comment data is processed. It just means that you have to have the right space for it. . Once I pick out my wall color, can I just use the same color on the ceiling but mixed with white? Good luck. Trending Exterior Paint Colors We Love. I had the kitchen and living area painted a light ecru/beige; results:BLAH! Hi Carma! I have the open kitchen, living room, dining room at the front, then I have a half bath, laundry room, Jack and Jill bedrooms with bath, and master with bath. In the odd room, Agreeable can pick up a vague green cast, but GENERALLY SPEAKING, yes, this can work :). Of course, this depends on the undertones of the gray furniture, but in general, white, blue, coral, yellow, blush pink, and green look great with gray furniture. If you're looking for a dark gray paint colour, Gauntlet Gray is a wicked one to try. And also thinking Ellie Grey. It is the color I used throughout the downstairs in our new home, and I am loving it. A warm, soothing gray that harmonizes well with other colors. Check out my Online Paint Colour Consulting Id love to help! Make payments, access invoices, view past orders and more. To my questionthe flooring is really throwing me for a loop. Dorian Gray doesnt lean heavily towards anyone of these undertones, and mostly looks gray. . If not do you have any suggestions? I love it! I have decided to keep a soft greige throughout the remainder of the home (open foyer/living) however currently have the collonade grey in part of the home and not sure what paint color to choose. Dovetail is another gorgeous Sherwin Williams gray paint color that shares a color strip with Dorian Gray. You wont find an exact match for ANY colour between brands you WILL see shifts in undertones, temperature and depths. There are 12 tiles in hallway between the old wood floor and the bedrooms I want to lay flooring. "REGISTER_LOGIN_LINK": "Log in here", This post contains affiliate links. I hope this helps! Dovetail has a bit more brown in it than Dorian Gray. You all know my affinity for all things navy, so Im guessing its no surprise that Naval is on my list of favorites from Sherwin Williams. Thanks, Rachel! The walls are Repose gray with white ceiling, I want to paint my kitchen cabinets. If it is in the greige range, it is entirely at the gray end of the range. Just painted the interior of our home SW Creamy & could not be happier! Yes what color to paint the walls though to keep the light and airy and open look? Im sure it will be beautiful! Get this color in a: Color Sample Paint Sample Interior Paint Exterior Paint Coordinating Colors Eider White SW 7014 Repose Gray SW 7015 Armagnac SW 6354 See Gauntlet Gray work in any room Painting an exterior is expensive, so Id test as many samples as you are comfortable with. These no-mess, peel and stick rectangles are made from real paint, so they will show you exactly what the paint color will look like. Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray 7019. Repose gray, we painted our home last year this, and every day I drive into my driveway I am so happy I picked this color. Gauntlet Gray is a great color for just about anything - walls, cabinets, even as a striking exterior paint color. I have an open floor plan with large southern facing windows. It is a light gray paint that works very well with black and dark grays. My husband no longer teasing me about multiple sample pots of paint! Hi Kylie, we have an exterior stone that is lighter gray, some slight maroon and dark grey and our home is stucco . This will help you see the paint in the context of others and see the undertones. For comparison, a bright white paint will have a higher LRV score than dark black paint. Instead of being a paint shade that just sort of fades into the background, Dorian Gray is one that can make you stop and think, Wow, that looks nice! Not as dense as a DARK paint colour, but not soft like a more standard medium tone (learn more HERE). I think it can be an excellent choice when you are working with tricky colored trim. And as a side note my husband was the one who picked this out of two colors from which I was trying to decide. Worldly Gray (SW 7043) is a soft gray or greige that blends with whatever is around. Sherwin Williams Anew Gray is one shade darker than Agreeable Gray and is a great option if you want just a little more color but still a neutral greige. Want to see all your paint options in one convenient place? This color is a beautiful warm gray that changes color in the light. This item has been successfully added to your list. I will sample it. Also, Do you have any other wall faves for warmer side but not too dark? Here, youll find hundreds of articles on how to create the home of your dreams. If you go to Sherwin Williams, you can find most of these colors on cards that have gradations of lighter and darker colors, start there and see if something slightly lighter might work. I appreciate your help! A darker floor with darker cabinets can lead to feeling dark overall, depending upon how much natural light you have. Door Paint Colors Front Door Colors Porch Colors Tan House Brick House White House Sherwin Williams: Dark Gray- Gauntlet Gray 7019 Light Gray- Mindful gray 7016 White Trim- Greek Villa 7551 Blue Door- Tempest Star 6229 House Exterior Paint Color App Gauntlet Gray Not impossible, but tricky. Can you recommend what are the accent colors that go well with Agreeable Gray? Copyright 2008-2023 - All Rights Reserved. The fireplace brick is dark reds, browns and rust. When pairing warm gray paint colors with other colors, consider whether your paint leans toward a cool gray with a purple or blue undertone, or warm with a pink or brown undertone. My brother in-law wants me to do his great room over and he wants a gray color. I love white walls, too! We are downsizing to a wood exterior bungalow, and have been given only a few choices for the exterior. I was able to track it down on One Kings Lane though here is a link https://rstyle.me/n/cvrhjpcb3sf. Hi Rachel, The Benjamin Moore, Classic Gray paint color (OC-23)is indeed a classic. Repose gray is a great choice! Ive used interactive cream in a 4000 sq ft house, with 14ft ceilings and large windows. Chelsea Gray (HC-168) from Benjamin Moore is another color that looks great on trim work or on walls. Gauntlet Gray is a warm gray paint colour in the medium-dark range. The foyer/living space does not have as much natural light and the collonade grey would be too dark. For example, if the room that you are painting is a family room where your toddlers play, your color choice will be different than if you are choosing a color for the dining room where you eat formal meals. 1. . Moles Breath is a darker medium-toned gray paint color that works well as a strong neutral. My kitchen is open to the living room. I always recommend testing colors in the actual space where you intend to use them. I hope you will love it! It is best to think about your home as a whole and coordinate all of your paint colors. Neither of these is particularly good or bad, just something to consider when choosing a paint color. I loved it! Rachel, my question for you is: we have a 2 story foyer on the north side, lots of natural, but not direct light. Love your flooring. The master bath is painted SW Netsuke. It will look that bit more shaded in northern light or afternoon eastern/morning western light. I have lots in my new home. Grays and red can definitely be tricky. Pale Oak (OC-20) from Benjamin Moore is a light greige with yellow undertones. I havent used a yellow, but I do like Behrs Cameo White, which is a warm white. Im so glad you found this helpful, Denise! ( function( $ ) { $( '.faq-section .faq-q' ).on( 'click', function( event ) { event.preventDefault(); $( this ).closest( '.faq-item' ).toggleClass( 'toggled' ); }); })( jQuery ); Copyright 2008-2023 - All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy and Disclosure Update Privacy Settings. Hmm, I wouldnt rush into a gray color. Gauntlet Gray. I was thinking about agreeable grey for the walls. Can you suggest some dark paint colors that complement well with Colonnade gray? What would be the best gray color for walls. Did I miss anything? I hope you find this tool as helpful as I have! Im a creative minded blogger, business owner and DIYer, and love transforming furniture, cabinets and rooms in my home. . ANALOGOUS COLOR SCHEME MONOCHROMATIC COLOR SCHEME If you want that lighter-than-Dovetail look but not quite as light as Mindful, Dorian Gray is actually on that same color family card. Would Gauntlet Gray play well with Colonnade Gray? The warm gray walls complement the warm tones in the marble subway tiles and in the dark wood floor. Now her house is perfectly in style though. Im closing on a new house in a couple of weeks and painting the entire thing before I move in. I am so thrilled to have found your site. I love both colors, but the Mindful Gray is very light. Im redoing my living room, which opens catty-corner into my warm-toned kitchen. Just depends on your preference. COPYRIGHT 2018 EVOLUTIONOFSTYLEBLOG.COM. My challenge is Im allowed only three colors per the builder. I just cant get away from it contrast is a beautiful thing. And do you think aesthetic white works for a (half bath) room with a gauntlet grey accent wall, or is a brighter more pure white a better call for pairing? Cool gray roofs go with whites, blues, and gray-green. If this color is too dark on its own, you could consider using this for a single accent wall. I will be redoing all the windows, flooring and paint so I have a clean pallet. Thank you so much! I have a sears roebuck home that has been remodeled. This is another color that I have in my own home and continue to love, even after having it for many years. Has anyone tried SW jogging path? However, for most gray floors, whites and off-whites, pale green, blush pink, and dusky light blue all work well with gray floors. We love the way that this color complements the marble countertops. Hi Heera! Help Im so confused! The warm gray paint colors obsession has been with us for at least a decade. Having my cabinets painted aged white, one shade darker than creamy. This will help open it up in contrast to the kitchen. Oh, and you will receive them tomorrow with $5 overnight shipping! GORGEOUS! This is exactly the look were going for in our remodel! You can use these colors in any type of room from a nursery to a dining room, and they will all look marvelous. Consider this kitchen, the Repose Gray on the cabinets picks up the variegated gray of the marble backsplash and is a great backdrop for the gold and brass finishes. I dont want the gray I choose to look institutional. Gauntlet gray works great as an exterior paint color and also works well for cabinetry, wainscot, and trim. I can use more of course, but pay extra. We have Anew Gray by SW on the walls. Rooms that have windows that are south facing will have warmer natural light, and rooms that have north-facing windows will have cooler toned light. However, all these colors look lovely with true white trim, too (I know because I have used some in my current home where the trim is white and because we did use true white in some of the rooms as we udpated the home).