There's coffee but Destiny got up late so I need you to straighten up the house. -LATimes.com, Yes. Your definitive source to filming locations and all things Hollywood! Markowitz was the brother of a small-time drug dealer Ben Markowitz. My partner Henry and I are the owners of the Koerner Residence in Palm Springs. As for Ben's love life, he's been engaged more than once. Benjamin believed that Jesse's plot to kill Nicholas was not driven by money or drugs. : He had recently fled his home before his parents could talk to him about a bit of trouble he was in from the night before. He attempted to go unnoticed under the name "Michael Costa Giroux" and told people he was born in Rio de Janeiro. Then on June 1st, fellow stalker/location manager Scott Trimble, of the STS Locations website, wrote a comment on my post about the Caliente Tropics Resort, the motel featured in Alpha Dog, stating that he had actually worked on the movie. Elvis Schmidt You get a job, you pay rent, or you work here Frankie Ballenbacher Like in the Alpha Dog movie, the real Frankie Ballenbacher, Jesse Rugge (left, circa 2013), helped to kidnap Nicholas Markowitz and was present for the murder. Nick believed that he would be okay in part because Jesse Rugge, 20, had assured him (Rugge is portrayed by Justin Timberlake in the movie, renamed Frankie Ballenbacher). Frankie Ballenbacher During filming, Santa Barbara County Deputy District Attorney Ronald J. Zonen provided copies of many documents on the case and served as an unpaid consultant to the film, citing his desire to have Hollywood captured. Up until 2011, she was Sarah Henrickson on HBO's hit TV series "Big Love." Frankie has a change of heart and offers the victim multiple chances to escape. Several civil and criminal court proceedings have arisen from the Markowitz murder. Thanks for the correction on acreage, too. The house is on a Palm Springs Modernism tour this weekend on 2/25/2017. Elvis Schmidt Fuck you! Larry Krasner, Philadelphia's district attorney, intends to open a sentence review unit. Zack's body is soon discovered a few days later. First you yell at me, and now you're giving me the tears. Timberlakes performance here exemplifies how those who do bad things have limits to the damage they can cause. [19][20], Justin Chang of Variety wrote: "Writer-director Nick Cassavetes' sprawling dramatization recklessly blurs the line between reconstruction and reality in ways that are admittedly interesting, if more than a little artistically suspect. In film, he most recently played Humphrey Bowls in "Medicine Men." [-] Frankie_Ballenbacher [ S]-1 points 15 days ago. Say it, "You, Frankie, have got it under control." He is originally tasked to kidnap the younger brother of a client indebted to Johnny, but plans change as the situation becomes dire, and he is instructed to do away with the victim. Yelchin was praised as "able to bring all of the conflicting emotions of Zack," and conveying all of it beautifully. Frankie Ballenbacher : Zack Mazursky Stalk It: The Koerner House, aka Frankie Ballenbachers home from Alpha Dog, is located at 1275 South Calle De Maria in Palm Springs. For now, it's just a rumor that he'll return as John McClane in "Die Hard Year One." [Frankie starts crying] I toured the Deep Well area on a walking tour for Modernism Week yesterday & we stopped in front of your house. Hollywood could now face the death penalty. [4][6], After the party, Hoyt, Rugge, and Pressley drove Nicholas to the mountains and walked up a trail to a grave dug by Pressley earlier that night. Tiko is convicted of kidnapping and sentenced to nine years in prison; Keith is convicted of second degree murder and remains at the California Youth Authority until the age of 25; Frankie is convicted of aggravated kidnapping of special circumstances and receives a life sentence; Elvis is convicted of kidnapping and first degree murder, and is currently on Death Row in San Quentin State Prison. He's also in a few films that are still in production including "Once Upon a Time in Venice," "First Kill" and "Death Wish." The crime was the inspiration for Alpha Dog, which starred Bruce Willis, Justin Timberlake, and Sharon Stone. In honor of the film's 10th anniversary, Wonderwall.com is taking a look at what its stars are up to now! "Jesse James Hollywood, drug dealer orders murder and flees", "Lizard's Mouth | Santa Barbara Hikes - Trails, day hiking, backpacking in Santa Barbara, Montecito, Gaviota, Carpinteria, California", "Family of Slain Boy Files Suit Against 32 People", "Jury Returns With Death Verdict for Killer of West Hills", "22-Year-Old Is Sentenced to Life in Teen's Kidnap-Slaying", "Jesse Rugge, Markowitz Kidnapper, Released", "Kidnap Victim Could Have Fled, Witnesses Testify; Trial: Nicholas Markowitz stayed with captors because he thought he would be taken home, they say", "Teen in Slaying Case Gets CYA; At ex-sheriff's urging, judge rejects adult prison for Goleta defendant convicted for his role in the death of a West Hills boy", "Fugitive in 2000 Slaying of Teen Found; Jesse James Hollywood, 25, reportedly is captured in Brazil", "Jesse James Hollywood gets life sentence in Santa Barbara murder", "Fugitive Ordered to Pay Parents of Slain Boy", "Review: 'Alpha Dog' misses the point - CNN.com", Report about the murder of Nicholas Markowitz, Jesse James Hollywood, drug dealer orders murder and flees, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Murder_of_Nicholas_Markowitz&oldid=1080245913, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox person with multiple parents, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. Rugge bound Nicholas's hands behind his back and covered his mouth with duct tape. : : 8. Who plays Zack Mazursky's mother? The abode was originally designed in 1955 by legendary mid-century modernist architect E. Stewart Williams, the very same man who constructed the Kenaston Residence in Rancho Mirage the dwelling where Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie posed for their now-infamous July 2005 W Magazine photo shoot. Timberlake's character, Frankie Ballenbacher, was based on Jesse Rugge, one of Hollywood's co-defendants, currently serving a life sentence. Everyone happily says goodbye to Zack, until Elvis arrives, arguing with Frankie over Johnnys plan to kill Zack. Big THANK YOU to Scott Trimble, from the STS Locations website, for finding this location for me! Okay, I swear to God, alright? After the screening, she embraced Sharon Stone, who played Olivia (Susan). RELATED: Celebs with their cute kids in 2017. A feud between Nicholas' older half-brother, Ben Markowitz, and Jesse James Hollywood, a mid-level drug dealer, began over an alleged $1,200 debt owed to Hollywood by Ben Markowitz. Zack Mazursky : During trial, it emerged that he had been killed following a dispute between his brother and Hollywood over more than $2,000 worth of marijuana. That it's taken care of and we're not running around here like a bunch of fuckin' Chinamen! Zack Mazursky: All right. Great view of the mountain behind the house too. Justin Timberlake starred as Frankie Ballenbacher, Johnny Truelove's best bud who befriended Zack Mazursky in order to watch him. [9] Jesse Rugge, aged 20 at the time of the murder, was charged with aiding in the kidnap and murder of Nicholas Markowitz. Most recently, he starred as Andrew "Pope" Cody on the hit show "Animal Kingdom." Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. He goes from using an online poker ring to pay his bills to getting involved with the boss of an online gambling empire. To refresh your memory, "Alpha Dog" was based on the true story of the kidnapping and murder of Nicholas Markowitz in 2000. Drug dealer Jesse James Hollywood, whose crimes inspired the 2007 film Alpha Dog, starring Justin Timberlake, has been found guilty of murder. Frankie, I thought we were boys! GET OUT OF MY ROOM! [emphasized] Like in the Alpha Dog movie, the real Frankie Ballenbacher, Jesse Rugge (left, circa 2013), helped to kidnap Nicholas Markowitz and was present for the murder. Frankie Ballenbacher You cleansed me and I didn't earn it. : As I have expressed a few times before on this blog, I was not at all a fan of the 2006 flick, which was based on the real-life kidnapping and murder of 15-year-old Nicholas Markowitz by Jesse James Hollywood and his group of drug-dealing cronies, as it was far too disturbing for my taste. Eventually, Palmer warms up to Sammys nonconformist ways and fights tooth and nail to become the boys legal guardian. But things quickly go from bad to worse while they have the 15-year-old in their care. Anton's Jeep Grand Cherokee was reportedly one of 1.1 million Fiat Chrysler vehicles worldwide that were subject to a recall to address a defective shifter design flaw. : : In this Woody Allen-directed drama, Timberlake plays a lifeguard on Coney Island who aspires to write plays. On Rotten Tomatoes, Alpha Dog received a positive review from 54% of 144 surveyed critics. She was then with Justin Long from 2013 to 2015. this is one of my all time favorite movies! Joe: Retaliation" and "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For." Nevertheless, his current work speaks for itself as Timberlakes acting does not fail to deliver new, uncharted performances. Juergen Ballenbacher Anton Yelchin took on the part of Zack Mazursky. Ben Markowitz and Jesse Hollywood's father Jack testified that Ben owed Jesse a $1,200 drug debt. SHUT THE FUCK UP! As she struggled to deal with her son's passing, Susan Markowitz said she wound up in the hospital about 12 times. Look, I come home here yesterday and your shit's all over the house! As for his personal life, Bruce found love again after he divorced Demi Moore back in 2000. Actor Justin Timberlake (right) portrays Rugge in the movie. [2] While in Santa Barbara, Nicholas met Rugge's friends Graham Pressley, Natasha Adams-Young, and Kelly Carpenter and attended various house parties with them. : Frankie Ballenbacher [1] A decision was made to commit the murder on the Lizards Mouth trail in the Santa Ynez Mountains north of Goleta, California. [Elvis attacks Frankie again] FUCK YOU! your blog is a life saver. "I talked to him about it," 17-year-old Natasha Adams-Young told a grand jury, "and he said that he would tell his grandkids about it, just the story." What about me? "He seemed very scared and confused," Jack Hollywood testified. The crime was the inspiration for Alpha Dog, which starred Bruce Willis, Justin Timberlake, and Sharon Stone. "When I wasn't in mental hospitals or trying to kill myself, I had one focus," Susan said in her book My Stolen Son, "to find Jesse James Hollywood". HALIFAX, N.C. The family of former North Carolina Congressman Frank Ballance made a public . Most recently, he played Hubert in "Marauders" and Eddie Pilosa in "Precious Cargo." I am in love with your house and OMG would die for a tour! Yeah, right? Frankie Ballenbacher Career aside, Shawn is happily married with two children. : Frankie Ballenbacher. And even though he had only worked on the portion of the movie that was filmed in Los Angeles and was therefore unsure of where the Ballenbacher home was located, he was instrumental in finally helping me to find it. : Nice fuckin' mouth! The "Die Hard" franchise may also continue with Bruce. Frankie Ballenbacher Another important character among Johnny's retinue is Elvis Schmidt, an insecure pup who'll do anything to be inducted into Johnny's debauched inner circle. Preferring to be addressed by his surname, Palmer is released after 12 years in prison for assault and battery and attempted murder. Being the alpha means never backing down, never admitting defeat or fear. : Frankie is a tragic figure - a boy who's in way over his head and ends up frozen in a state of moral paralysis because he fails to see the one clear way out of what he believes to be an inescapable trap. Motherfucker's a full-blown alcoholic, smokes like a chimney but GOD DAMN if we don't eat healthy, right? my god, this house is incredible. The problem was that he assumed he would be released. Nobody is picking me up! [25][26], For the term relating to dog behavior, see, California Court of Appeal for the Second District, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Jesse James Hollywood convicted of murder, kidnapping", "Longtime fugitive Jesse James Hollywood captured in Brazil", "No Hollywood ending; The true-crime 'Alpha Dog' becomes a part of the teen murder case it depicts", "Deputy DA removed from Jesse James Hollywood murder case", "Jesse James Hollywood appeal turned down by the Supreme Court", "DEFENDANT SUES OVER 'ALPHA DOG' JESSE JAMES HOLLYWOOD SEEKS TO STOP PRETRIAL FILM", "Jesse James Hollywood called coward at trial", "Kidnap-murder trial opens for Jesse James Hollywood", "Alpha Dog (2007) - Financial Information", "Alpha Dog - Movie Reviews, Trailers, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes", "Box office champ "Stomp" a hit with young women", "Alpha Dog soundtrack information at Milan Records", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alpha_Dog&oldid=1135985794, Gran Premio Internazionale del Doppiaggio, Il Festival Nazionale del Doppiaggio Voci nell'Ombra, Loris Loddi (for the dubbing of Ben Foster), "Let's Chill" (Mic Holden, Maya & Rene Rogers), "Dragonfly" (Miredys Peguero & Paul Bushnell), "LA LA Land" (Tech N9ne feat. [citation needed], Hollywood's attorney, James Blatt, tried to block the release of the film. I got it under control. So I immediately wrote to him and enlisted his help in tracking the place down. You're a faggot dude. [4] However, after learning of the legal ramifications he could face for kidnapping, Hollywood called Ryan Hoyt, another member of his gang who owed him money. Frankie is left to watch Zack, offering him a chance to leave, but Zack declines, not wanting to cause problems for his brother. Frankie Ballenbacher FUCK ME? Of course, that greedy bastard will smoke 'em all, but it's Frankie's job to take care of them; water 'em, pull the nails, throw some eggshells on them every now and then. 56,514 people are reading stories on the site right now. Most recently, he starred as Tanner Howard in the 2017 Golden Globe-nominated film "Hell or High Water." : Frank Ballance is serving a four-year federal prison sentence for mail fraud and money laundering. Emile Hirsch played Johnny Truelove, a character. : The abode was originally designed in 1955 by legendary mid-century modernist architect E. Stewart Williams, the very same man who constructed the Kenaston Residence in Rancho Mirage - the dwelling where Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie posed for their now-infamous July 2005 W Magazine photo shoot . The role was played by Anton Yelchin.[18]. [Elvis suddenly grabs Frankie and aggressively attacks him] She enjoys writing poetry and short stories when shes not intensely analyzing movies and television series. As you can see above, because it is so strikingly beautiful, it was rather difficult for me to narrow down which screen captures of the backyard to post. YEAH IT IS, FRANKIE! "I feel terrible that anyone would think I could do something like that.". Such unbridled efforts to find fault with Timberlakes acting skills have gone as far as labeling him an obstacle to the possible success of his films or, in some cases, identifying him as someone who lacks the gravitas to be a movie star. Timberlake's character, Frankie Ballenbacher, was based on Jesse Rugge, one of Hollywood's co-defendants, currently serving a life sentence. Olivia has also appeared in "TRON: Legacy," "Cowboys and Aliens," "The Change-Up" and "People Like Us." Bruce Willis played Sonny Truelove, Johnny Truelove's father and marijuana supplier. All right Frankie Ballenbacher Susan Hartunian Elvis and Keith return, and Frankie relents when Elvis explains they could face life in prison. The actor, record producer and singer-songwriters career spans almost three decades, and during this time, Timberlake has expanded his acting portfolio in a meaningful way. Stop already, alright? Okay, I swear to God, alright? Who's sucking whose cock now, huh, Frankie? Release Dates Bruce Willis and Sharon Stone chew the scenery, while Justin Timberlake gives a noteworthy performance. : -LATimes.com, Like in the Alpha Dog movie, the true story confirms that Jesse Hollywood decided to murder Nick after his father's attorney, Stephen Hogg, told Jesse that he would face serious penalties for the kidnapping. The life of one soldier is worth too little in Squad by Frankie_Ballenbacher in joinsquad. 218 following. Markowitz was murdered by Ryan Hoyt, a member of Jesse James Hollywood's crew; he was 15 years old when he died. Flight Disaster: Whats Going On With Southwest Airlines? : Middle-class 20somethings talk trash, wave guns, hang out in a pack. Justin's character was based on Jesse Rugge, who was charged with aggravated kidnapping with special circumstances and served 11 years of a life sentence before being released on parole. -LATimes.com, Yes, the drug dealer and mastermind behind Nicholas Markowitz's murder, Jesse James Hollywood (renamed Johnny Truelove in the movie), fled the United States through Canada and went to Brazil, where he lived for close to five years. Jesus, first you give me mouth, now you're giving me fucking tears. In 2006, his parole was denied. Bruce Willis has been in tons of action movies since "Alpha Dog." : 14 Who is the real Frankie Ballenbacher? Her favorite place in the world is anywhere family can be found and she believes the beach is prettiest in the early mornings. Timberlake plays Frankie Ballenbacher, a member of the dealer's gang who befriends the kidnapped teen. Fucking dick! After four days deliberation, a Santa Barbara Superior Court jury also found Hollywood guilty of the special circumstance allegation of being a principal in a murder committed in the course of a kidnapping and being involved in a crime in which an assault weapon or machine gun was used. The Apple TV+ drama only proves Timberlakes talent and range as an actor even as he faces criticism whenever he acts in a film. -LATimes.com, Yes. The videos below include footage of the real Johnny Truelove (Jesse James Hollywood) and the real Zack Mazursky (Nicholas Markowitz). Brian Affronti, who is portrayed by Alex Solowitz and renamed Bobby '911' Kaye in the movie, testified that he saw Nicholas Markowitz unbound and playing video games on the couch at a house in Santa Barbara. His fake tattoos for the film gave him a brazen look. One of the witnesses is Zacks mother Olivia, now suffering from obesity and depression, who talks candidly about attempting suicide in the weeks after her son's tragic death. He possesses two flaws and two flaws alone the first is he cannot afford his tuition and the second is that he is too smart for his own good. In 2005, after over five years on the FBIs most wanted list, Johnny is arrested in Paraguay, now in California awaiting trial, facing the death penalty. He is the fictional counter part of Jesse Rugge, and is portrayed by Justin Timberlake. He most recently starred as Austin Tilden in "The Autopsy of Jane Doe." : Four others have already been convicted in connection with the crime. Justin Timberlake as Frankie "Nuts" Ballenbacher, Johnny's right hand man and best friend, who becomes friends with Zack when he is assigned to watch him. Fiesta, motherfuckers! The film is set in November 1999. : I didn't do anything! Hi Allan, Edit. Like in the movie, Nicholas Markowitz (the real Zack Mazursky) did not believe that he was going to die. Zack goes swimming naked with Julie and her friend Alma, leading to a threesome. The vast majority of the movie was filmed at the dwelling and both the exterior . Not only has he had some big film roles, but he also starred in the famous "Bonnie and Clyde" TV miniseries as Clyde Barrow. Justin Timberlake as Frankie Ballenbacher in New Line Cinema's "Alpha Dog" (2006) Oct 22, 2005; Previous. Emile Hirsch played Johnny Truelove, a character based on Hollywood. Technical Specs, [after Elvis shows up to the motel with a gun, revealing the plan to murder Zack], [Elvis suddenly grabs Frankie and aggressively attacks him], Required Viewing: Dark & Gritty Drama/Thriller. Frankie Ballenbacher : Actor Justin Timberlake (right) portrays Rugge in the movie. After "Alpha Dog," Justin Timberlake continued to take roles in popular movies. : They welcomed son Silas in April 2015, and Justin has been one of the most adorable celeb dads ever since. Johnny brings Frankie and Tiko to confront Jake, but he is nowhere to be found. : Markowitz lived in West Hills, Los Angeles, with his parents, Jeff and Susan Markowitz. We're just going to take a walk. [23], A soundtrack was released by Milan Records on January 9, 2007. In addition to making movies, she's raised her profile on the small screen as well. now i will be googling these addresses all night to get a closer look or to see whats down the street. However, after a threatening phone call with Jake, and learning from his lawyer that he could face life in prison, Johnny offers to forget Elvis' debt if he kills Zack, giving him a submachine gun. Frankie Ballenbacher is on Facebook. Olivia and Jason still have a wedding to plan! In 2003, the Markowitz family won an $11.2 million civil lawsuit against the kidnappers and the murderers, along with other defendants such as the family friend whose van was used in the kidnapping and the owners of several homes where Nicholas was held against his will.