They were tough, easy to maintain and repair and used parts and components that were easy to find. ~ as soon as the ink dried they cut all the contracts with the original part suppliers and we were in deep doo-doo . was a popular kid when us kids would look and there would be MY DAD either driving or on the back, to a pre teen kid nothing topped having a dad as a firefighter. You still see them in rural areas as a farmers grain truck. I love the old gurl. The local BFI had a E-Z Pack front load body (Two hinged arms) fitted to these. WebAccount Manager. She still pumps like a champ with a Waterous CMD 2 stage 1000 gmp @ 150psi. The Fords were way too bouncy. It has 18,000 original miles, is red with black vinyl solitary seats (one cannot really call them buckets), and has a 5 speed with 2 speed splitter. and I really want to make a model of 1/10. Marmon-Herrington 4 and 6 wheel drive conversions were available too. I drove quite a few of the C-series Fords as box vans during my working years as well as the comparable International Cargostars. 30mpg would have been easy. Ive never liked slammed (camber even less) but you cant deny that a C-Series has the perfect combination of ugly (good ugly) and vintage to make an awesome rat-rod. Actual mileage will vary. The cab floor was originally designed primarily for V-8 gasoline engines, and by the late 80s the C series was only available with diesel engines. Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column. Build your own and schedule a test drive today. Sadly they are making the same mistakes again discontinuing the P71 Panthers when a mild refresh would have maintained 80%+ share of the Police Cruiser market for another decade. It seems like Ford has a habit of doing this type of stuff. Click here to access our new Account Manager site. See 2016 C-Max Hybrid articles. I know mine has a Made for Ford diesel by CAT (as read on the engine tag), a V8 four stroke model 3208. Thanks for this tribute to the C-Series. Ahh the mighty 300 six. During my brief stint as a volunteer fire fighter, we got a C series set up as an urban interface rig (think structure protection where hydrants dont go). That`s almost impossible here in Europe. The Ford C Series was a series of medium duty trucks introduced in for the 1953 model year. The D was never sold in North America. As a kid I thought that they looked way too friendly for a truck. *. The two story Falcon was the C series cab, high mounted. *To register, you will leave Ford Credit website and be redirected to Ford Motor Company registration website. Thank, I had run P&D for Advance United back in the 70s driving Internationals and Macks but the Ford Cs were my hands down favorite. Its hard to describe how incredibly common these once were; its as if Ford had a monopoly on every garbage truck in the country. For longest heavy-duty truck production run, only the 39-year run of the Mack Model R can surpass it. We had one of these with the 3208 Cat. my dad was a member of scarborough fire dept from 1960 to 1990,and in that time that was the only truck they used FORD 850 SUPERDUTY,s. WebCC-1680164. View 22 photos. I have a 1962 c600 with 42k original miles mint condition. From the spacious interior, to the sleek, head-turning lines of the interior, the 2022 Ford Escape SUV was built for fun on the road and a lifestyle on the go. *To register, you will leave Ford Credit website and be redirected to Ford Motor Company registration website. but I can not find drawings of the cab of the truck. There is a small cottage industry here converting small Isuzu trucks with blown-up diesel engines to V8s on LPG, due to the cost of diesel rebuilds even without being direct injection & not having DPF. Have a 1969 Ford 750 c firetruck I remember seeing trucks like this when I was a boy. They did try to reenter the market with the old second place company International but that flopped too despite having many points where the were far superior to the Isuzu. In the fleet business, simple is good and the C-series was a winner. They were the vocational jack of all trades, finding work in refuse removal, construction, firefighting, food & beverage and parcel & freight delivery. Still a good looking truck. 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Leather Rear Seat. See a list of new Ford models for sale in European markets. Placing the driver at the front also has the fortunate side effect of giving the driver much smaller blind spots. The best way to describe the noise and ride would be an all-day explosion in the words of one of our old time employees. Prices for a used Ford C-Max currently range from $6,494 to $23,945, with vehicle mileage ranging from 7,825 to 212,021. WebThe Ford C-Max is a five-seat compact MPV that rivals the likes of the Citroen C4 Picasso. It has a five-door compact multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) design. I think they were a direct competitor to the C-series Ford but never challenged it for market dominance. Thats quite an interesting fact. I drove many Ford C Cabs for Superior Propane in the late 80s and through the 90s. I love driving this one we are getting ready to give a lowered look with skirts. He had a Ford C-Series dump truck that was a pretty short unit, wheelbase appeared to be about the size of the one in the drawing above showing the mechanic accessing the engine. Weve done all the hard stuff already.. A water softener company here in so cal still operates a fleet of these. However in the later part of the 20th century circa- 1970 large trucks were starting to gain popularity. There were a few reasons why it was dropped, first off the tooling used to build that cab was shot, and required a lot of hand work to weld together straight. How many Ford C-Maxs have no reported accidents or damage? The Ford C600 was a king also but in a slightly different market that had a large overlap with the loadstar. It makes me smile each time I crawl up in the cab and drink in that panoramic view, I grew up during the 90s and I remember seeing these C-cabs quite a bit. Its an 89 with a Caterpillar diesel and a 1000 gallon tank. but never as robust , they toddled off to salvage in three years or so . View 2016 model details Shop Now. WebThe Ford C-Series was a medium-duty cab-over engine (COE) truck built by the Ford Motor Company between 1957 and 1990. CAN NOT GET THE CAB TO TILT FORWARD ON A 1969 FORD SERIES C. I believe they sure did.. The total possible permutations of drivetrains is only slightly smaller than your choices at Starbucks. By the mid 60s, engine options covered the spectrum of Fords gas engines from the 300 CI straight 6, Y-Block 8s with the big block super duty 534 as the Big Kahuna of gasoline motors. FTFs with their Detroit Diesels (they screamed) and Scanias with a V8 (they hammered) were the best, loud noise-wise (Im still speaking as the kid back then). We wanted to keep the geometry the same for pulling my 5th wheel or flatbed. WebFind the best Ford C-Max for sale near you. By. Thanks, I just traded a 2004 Saturn Vue for two 1985 c600s, Im wondering if anyone knows how to tow these units as these were airport units and never were registered for use on the street they only have 7,000kms and 1,100kms (yes thats the correct mileage.). Ford Super Duty (1999 - Present) (4th gen), Ford F-150 Raptor (1948 - Present) (13th gen), Ford Transit Connect (2002 - Present) (3rd gen), Ford Bronco (1966 - 1996) (2021 - Present) (6th gen), Ford Bronco Sport (2021 - Present) (1st gen), Ford Mustang Mach-E (2021 - Present) (1st gen), Ford Expedition (1996 - Present) (4th gen). Best-Selling Trucks 46 Years Straight. Our online Account Manager website is currently unavailable. From the Model T on, Ford Motor Company has had a long and inglorious history of building a strong class-leading product, then proceeding to allow it to stagnate, as the competition passed it by. My dad got one of these in 72. *Based on 1977-2022 CY total sales. The Stock Is Lower. The tooling was designed and owned by Ford but manufacturing was outsourced to Budd; other truck OEMs used both the entire cab and portions thereof with approval. Many of the fire trucks came merely as cab and windshield models. Ford Fiesta ST (2004 - Present) (7th gen), Ford Ranger Raptor (1981 - Present) (6th gen), Ford Fiesta Active (2017 - Present) (7th gen), Ford Focus Active (2019 - Present) (4th gen). WebExplore Fords exciting lineup of SUVs, crossovers, hybrids, trucks and vans. Those arent in play until the cab begins to raise and unseats from its saddle. By. Account Manager. I own a 75 C7000 Tandem with the Cat 3208 which was rated at 175 h.p. Select a year. We put on so many miles we wore out the door latches and window lifts etc. The key was letting yourself bounce up and down without affecting your loud pedal foot. WebThe Ford C-Max is a five-seat compact MPV that rivals the likes of the Citroen C4 Picasso. Thats interesting, its like the C-series cab with another truck stuck underneath it and FORD nameplate filling the grille. Saw one just yesterday, mid-50s vintage. Here in the US Schwans runs Ford and GM big blocks converted to LPG. WebTrueCar has 348 used Ford C-Max models for sale nationwide, including a Ford C-Max Energi SEL and a Ford C-Max Energi SE. Im not typically a fan either. Copyright 2011 - 2023 Curbside Classics. GOOD TIMES they were.. What a great story,it made me feel like I was there to. 2018 2017. Other information about this vehicle may not have been reported to CARFAX. Forgot Username. Please call Bernard for details 520-631-6605 Presenting to YOU, this 1965 Ford Mustang for sale in o $18,500 (OBO) Featured Private Seller. Ford Australia has the tooling. Initially, Ford's medium duty line was part Track recent comps for the classic or exotic cars you own - or the cars you want. Heres a pic of a local 75 Dodge 800 Dump Truck still using the 56 Cab. The Stock Is Lower. We have 399 Ford C-Max vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 131 1-Owner cars, and 394 personal use cars. Its a great truck and only had 24,000 miles when I got it. Cab noise is something that been done away with in modern trucks and generally driver comfort has a much higher priority now than when I first drove professionally my current night ride is as quiet as my car and even though sitting directly above a 480hp diesel its vurtually in audible. I was only born 9 years after these were discontinued (you can do the math, I hope Im allowed to stay here) so Ive never actually seen one of these in person or had any experience with them, besides thinking they look great. Transmission choices included a 5 speed manual combined with a 2 speed rear end, an 8 speed Roadranger as well as a 6 speed automatic. Found this last weekend. Save money by selecting from 93 of CARFAX Great Value vehicles available. Roadway considered the C the gold standard for city trucks. The Ford cars you can walk into a showroom today and buy. Im not a truck guy and was always curious about these they used to be everywhere, but with the obviously late-50s styling I assumed they were 1960s or early 70s trucks that were still in use. Ford F-Series. The value of used vehicles varies with mileage, usage and condition and should be used as an estimate. I really need your help. Im sure theres an affordable factory shop manual out there, it should give detailed instructions and cautions if any. It just amazes me how Ford frittered away their market share in heavy trucks. As details about the accident become available, those additional details are added to the CARFAX Vehicle History Report. Learn More. Highs Comfortable interior, fun to drive for a hybrid, spacious cargo hold. CARFAX value is unique to each vehicle according to such factors as service history, accident history, and mileage. *Based on 1977-2022 CY total sales. WebFind Used Ford C-Max For Sale By Year. It is a great truck and it will be missed, its so simple and rugged compared to the new ones. Now theyre doing it again with police vehicles. But can not get the cab to flip open. Its since been sold, but lives on I see it every now and then, still on the road. from the factory. The Ford Grand C-Max has a longer wheelbase.. Ford introduced the C-Max in the United States as its first hybrid-only line of vehicles, which There are currently 41 well maintained Ford C-Maxs available with an average of 19 service history records. CARFAX identifies a "Well Maintained - Regular Oil Change" vehicle as having a regular oil change history when all its recommended oil changes, based on the vehicle's maintenance schedule, have been reported to CARFAX. An independent rear suspension, modern transmission and new engines top the list. I think Im correct in saying International did the same thing mounting its CO set back front axle tilt up high and creating the Emeryville cabover, and went Ford one better by using the cab as a conventional as the Transtar 400. http://www.imcdb.org/movie_60009-MissionImpossible.html, Im of the age to remember when these trucks were everywhere and you could always tell which ones had the big 534 V8 as they had a very unique, deep bass sound, as Paul expertly described here: https://www.curbsideclassic.com/auto-biography/auto-biography-super-duty-truckin/, Another thing I remember is thinking the face of these trucks reminded me of a little kid with his bottom jaw stuck out showing his bottom teeth. (if you ever hear the sound of a v/8 CAT 3208, and smell those exhaust fumes peculiar to that engine, you will never forget. But there is not one. My employer is on its 3rd decade of purchasing Pete 320 Front-loaders with Cummins power. 2022 model year vehicles with optional equipment shown. As of 5/4/2014 I am still driving a 1970 C600 dump truck. model cars is my hobby. Ford Motor F 1.66% recently ran into a battery issue with its popular, all-electric F-150 Lightning pickup truck, prompting it to stop production. Gas-electric four-cylinder drivetrain. Ford still builds heavy-duty COE diesel trucks in Brazil and Turkey. Many cars for sale on CARFAX Used Car Listings are great value cars, with a value thats higher than the listing price. its a pity these were not built in Australia as they would have been good competition to the Aussie built International Acco, which in itself is an easy to maintain long lasting truck, and has been built here since about 1968 and continues today under the Iveco nameplate. You got to keep in mind that a lot of those left the factory with the good old SBC. The Escape SUV was designed, engineered, and built for a life in motion. Dont expect too much money from it. Big innocent eyes somewhere halfway the cab, simple yet perfect round fenders, too much glass and a rounded cab that seems to lean a bit forward. Yes, I also remember these being the generic grimy garbage truck until about 5-10 years ago. Today you can still find many C Series trucks still on the job. I didnt find them attractive, not like the GMC/Chevrolet trucks of the same generation. Swore they were Ford C series. The 2 diesels that were offered at the time, the Detroit 8.2L and Caterpillar 3208, were both V-8s that fit under the cab. There were a bunch of the Cargostar small COEs around in the 80s and into the 90s, but they all seem to have disappeared now too. Even though I have a much more modern, comfortable, and rather fun truck I still catch myself browsing eBay for cherry condition 92-96 Ford F-150 XLs with the big six. As for FWD, they were great users of other peoples cabs not only the C-Series, but also the 56 75 Dodge cab, and I think an International cab before both of them. Cargos (Called the CF series here) for the US and Canada were originally sourced from Brazil and at the time (1986) it was described as the European Cargo cab mounted on a medium-duty (600-800 series) F-series chassis. The Escape SUV was designed, engineered, and built for a life in motion. Incidentally, the C series has also been eclipsed by the White/Volvo/Autocar Expediter, which was introduced in 1977 and continues to this day in slightly modernized form. The shorter wheelbase allows the equipment to squeeze into spots where the extra 4 to 6 feet of conventional truck with a hood could not fit. "C-Pick Up" is expected to stand for compact pickup, a smaller vehicle than its current Ranger model. It is too bad Ford walked away from this market. *. Unknown model here our Ford trucks were all UK designed and faded away by the 80s when American trucks and heavy duty European trucks arrived. ), We are getting ready to make ours look a little slammed with skirts all the way around. Web8-Way Passenger Seat. Every used car for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report. Not all UK designed, we did get the Louisville trucks in Australia at least if not NZ, before they sold those to Daimler. (first posted 4/29/2012) The Ford C-Series truck was one of those vocational workhorses that labored in quiet obscurity for its entire service life. View 2016 model details Shop Now. WebThe Ford C-Max (stylized as Ford C-MAX and previously called the Ford Focus C-Max) is a car produced by the Ford Motor Company from 2003 to 2019. I could put a C with a 28 pup trailer into places where only straight trucks usually went, I could do a 180* in the middle of a narrow street and I loved both the ride and the great visibility. The History Based Value of a car takes into account the vehicles condition, number of owners, service history, and other factors. These trucks used to be everywhere and now they have been replaced by Hino and Isuzu. I have a 89 C8000, 2 axle, 8208 Cat with a 10 speed. WebThe average CARFAX History Based Value of a 2018 Ford C-Max is $17,917. Best Used Station Wagons for 2022: Reviews, Photos, and More. timstrucks.site.aplus.net/FordHandC.jpg. Ford has started production of a "C-Pick Up" alongside the Ford Bronco Sport in Mexico. Pretty its ATF, but need to be sure. The Cs wheel wells were boxed in for luggage compartments. Easy truck to drive, doesnt leak a drop as I can park all day on blacktop with not a mark and is QUIET in the cab (I guess the diesels are noisy?)