Our Open Houses take you on a tour of Camp Kweebec, our partner for delivering a fantastic camp experience. At Camp Kweebec we endeavor to establish a community that is safe, kind, inclusive, open minded, fun and accepting in order to promote personal growth, citizenship, empathy, friendship, self confidence and a sense of belonging for all. Josh Weiser and his sister Rachel Weiser-Weisman are the directors, having succeeded their parents several years ago. Half Season Campfires, Free Play by Bunk, Camper Talent shows, Musical performances, Lip Synch Battle, Crazy Races, and Theme Dances are just a handful of the exciting activities that are a part of our evening program. gimme fonts Camp Kweebec, 157 Game Farm Rd, Schwenksville, PA (2023) Home > United States > Schwenksville, PA > Camp Kweebec Camp Kweebec As we start thinking about Summer Camp, we invite you to check out this party celebrating Ben at Kweebec from last summer. Camp Kweebec - Camp Kweebec- Coed Overnight Summer Camp. Event booking includes overnight accommodations for up to 300 guests. Shechtman remembers Drew being reluctant to return home after her first summer away. Camp Sankanac runs four weeks of Boys Camp (June- July) and then four weeks of Girls Camp (July-August). At Camp Towanda, they provide a well-rounded experience for campers and staff in a nurturing, safe environment with endless opportunities for them to try new things and feel great about themselves. The property also features twin private lakes, a horseback riding facility, exciting mini golf course, twin zip lines, six tennis courts, high and low rope adventure courses and so much more. Campers in our Young Pilot program receive an unmatched level of personalized support and care to ensure their success, and as the parent of a Young Pilot Program camper, we want to make your child's first experience at overnight camp as stress-free as possible. Well also provide you with information on how to choose the right camp for your child, and what to expect once they are enrolled. JCC Chicago is a non-profit organization inspired by Jewish values, bridging traditions and generations to create a more vibrant, connected community. From the owners to the campers, Saginaw is a family affair. The themes play out primarily in our evening activity and in mealtime skits during the week. The Kweebec Way The "Kweebec Way" consists of a set of common sense guidelines that every member of the Kweebec community follows. The rental fee is $3,500 for a ceremony and reception and includes 12 hours of event time including set up and clean up time. 610.287.8117 info@kweebec.com, 157 Game Farm Rd Last summer was one of our best summers, says Weiser. I learned a lot about responsibility. Here are some other tips for deciding on a location: Instead of reserving a hotel when you follow your favorite hobbies or attend events, find a KOA Campground for your accommodations. Get Camp Kweebec reviews, rating, hours, phone number, directions and more. Established in 1935, Camp Kweebec has served as the summer home of boys and girls ages 6 to 16 for more than 85 years. Since 1927, Camp Saginaw has been known as a premier summer camp for children. Located in Pennsburg, PA, the camp provides a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for campers. Make your wedding dreams come true at Camp Kweebec. New York Summer Camp | Traditional Adirondack Sleepaway Camps - Camp Chateaugay Chateaugay Camp about our camp new parents current families our staff contact us COVID-19 Announcement Your browser does not support the video tag. I have to admit, the camp memories Ive extracted from the mildewed footlocker of my mind are mixed and a little warped. Your adventure is waiting at one of over 500 KOA locations. For more than 45 years, Camp Kweebec has been hosting a wide variety of private groups, corporate picnics, and weddings. Their program offers an excellent and professional athletic department, waterfront, extensive arts, drama, and adventure programs, as well as very creative evening activities and special events. 2023. At KOA, we love having fun and inviting new folks to join us online as well as at our campgrounds. KOA is your source for campfire cooking ideas! There are separate locations for Girls Line and Boys Line, and all of the bunks are positioned in a way that reinforces the sense of community at camp. June26th - Aug14th Founded in 1935, its been owned by the Weisers for 47 years. Kweebec History Kids can be kids. Join our Team We use cookies on koa.com to help improve your experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits, troubleshoot how the site operates, and learn more about how koa.com is performing. Many are local, coming from the Greater Philadelphia area, New Jersey, Maryland and Washington, D.C., with a few from other parts of the country and even the world. Kweebec Philosophy Get Camp Kweebec can be contacted at (610) 667-2123. Please include attribution to http://KOA.com with this graphic. ! It carries them through life., own snacks, put away their clothes, and took on household chores theyd never done before. Situated on 200 acres in the Pocono Mountains, Camp Lindenmere features a wide range of activities and facilities, including a heated pool, sports fields, arts and crafts studios, a ropes course, and more. 5000 State Road 67 North Martinsville, IN 46151-7902. Songs are raucously sung twice a day in the Dining Hall. Camp Kweebec is nationally recognized as one of the finest and longest standing summer camps in the United States and have been fully accredited by the American Camping Association for more than 50 years. We are nationally recognized as one of the finest and longest standing summer camps in the United States and have been fully accredited by the American Camping Association for more than 50 years. From our state of the art athletic facilities, gorgeous performance and visual art studios, twin private lakes, heated pools, and beautiful cabins, to our manicured horseback riding facility, exciting mini golf course, twin zip lines, six tennis courts, high and low rope adventure courses and so much more, the Kweebec facility is designed to make summer dreams come true. This program is designed to help campers develop leadership skills, confidence, and a sense of responsibility. This search result is here to prevent scraping, Hop Sing Laundromat Charging $75 for Bar Reservations, Exciting I-95 Capping Project Finally Begins In Philadelphia, Those Gummies May Not Have Contained Fentanyl After All, Why I'm Boycotting the Roots Picnic This Year. Each bunk has recently-renovated bathrooms, equipped with electricity, private shower and restroom stalls and a hot water heater. Despite our best efforts, campers often lose or damage clothing and other items at camp. Likewise, Kweebec sets up pen-pal relationships between new campers and those whove been through the process, are about the same age, and live in a similar area. Both options feature porches out front the perfect place to gather with your friends and family at the end of the day. Make memories with friends and family around your campfire, then head inside to enjoy the comforts of home. We take the stress out of camping with cabins that are ready for you to show up and enjoy, but knowing what to expect can make the trip even more relaxing. Camp Kweebec is a coed sleepaway camp for children six to 16 years of age with one session of 51 days. On top of the convenient KOA Campground amenities, your Deluxe Cabin rental offers even more reasons to get excited about your stay. Camp Kweebec can host groups of all sizes. Take a much needed break before your next set of activities start. Address: 157 Game Farm Rd Schwenksville, PA 19473. We believe overnight camp provides a wonderful experience for kids, and thousands of children have been associated with Kweebec. After all these years, Ill only grudgingly forgive him now. The fun begins! If you are planning to stay at camp, you can get there any time after 4pm to be assigned a . The pay was 500 dollars for 2 months of work. This Unique Program Features. It reminds you how to be a kid again and that's what I loved most about my experience. Have a friend that would love CK?!! As the parent of a Young Pilot Program camper, you can expect to receive an unparalleled level of support from our experienced leadership team. As a kid, I attended overnight camps in New England for parts of three summers, but my experience was more Holden Caulfield than Huckleberry Finn. 610.667.2123 Are you looking for big-name attractions nearby, or do you prefer a quaint, unique experience? If this continues to be an issue, please let us know how you landed on this page and we will look into it. Sitemap. Only programs that provided ACA with an address are listed on this map. Keep the following considerations in mind as you decide. There are plenty of reasons to choose a KOA Deluxe Cabin vacation rental for your next getaway. However, cabins are assigned by village and some activities & Bible lessons are done bya village so as to provide age-appropriate instruction. I would have liked to not work every day over the summer at that age, but I learned a lot about working hard. Contact us, 26 Rock Hill Road You have to develop social skills and relationships, and put yourself out there.. Boys camp evening activities tend to be competitive and athletic in nature. Camp of Champions Camp Laurel Windsor Mountain Maine Summer Camps Camp Olympia Adirondack Camp Falcon Camp Camp "Leader" Camp Hill Camp Friendship Camp Chipinaw SMILE Summer Camp Camp Walden Raquette Lake Girls Camp Camp Pillsbury Camp Kweebec Camp Experts Kennolyn Camp Hidden Valley Camp The rest of their camp day is largely the same every week. Theres plenty of space around each bed, and every camper has an individual cubby for their clothes and shelf space for all their belongings. That independenceand the deep and lasting connections Shechtman madeserved her well when she went to college. Kweebec, founded in the 1930s, is the kind of traditional camp that generations of Philadelphians have lodged in their memories as pure and unadulterated, the sort of institution that remains. Find KOA cabin rentals near you and prepare yourself for the immeasurable fun, quality and memories you will experience. When you choose a KOA Campground location, you know you'll experience the kind of quality and friendly customer service that only comes with the yellow sign. For more fun things to do this summer, visit our Family Fun Blog! Find a venue 610.287.8117 The fun begins! When you start reviewing camping options, your history will display here to help compare sites and find the best stay. To make sure your camping adventure is even better, check these tasks off your to-do list before heading out: Planning your meals ahead of time lets you prepare all the gear and ingredients you need. Overnight sleep away summer camp for boys and girls including teenagers. Bunk life at Kweebec is a key component of the sleepaway camp experience. I was watching a storm whip up the lake, along with a few kids and the swim instructor, and I got up the nerve to speak out loud for a change: I wouldnt want to swim in that! The swim instructor cruelly cracked, You cant swim. I guess he showed me, because I didnt talk a lot after that. Rest your head on our comfortable beds after a day of outdoor adventures and exploring. He was a camper there himself before becoming a counselor, then a director. 825 Forge Avenue . << March 2023 >> View All Events Upcoming Events 19 Mar Lake in the Woods Open House 19 Mar Let us know about them in a quick and easy way! And maybe smell around a little. Join our Team When Shechtman parted with her daughters for their first summer camp at a nearby pickup location, she was amazed by the ease with which they went. Once school was out every June, I jumped on the camp bus from a Lord & Taylor . The bunk is where campers learn to live together as a group and understand the importance of acceptance, patience, and collaboration skills that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Camp Kweebec offers a comprehensive residential summer camp program for boys and girls ages 6 to 16. They believe that every child deserves the opportunity to experience the benefits of camp. My official assignment there was to investigate how summer camp has or hasnt changed, to contemplate why the tradition has stood the test of time. Sign into your Kweebec Account Here! It allowed the kids to keep their focus inside camp and not worry about the outside world., While Ellie and Drew might not be big fans of the policies, it did help them build on the friendships that both say is their favorite part of camp. Beyond the broad scope of recreation that each camp offers, trips are also part of the summerwhether its to a minor league baseball game or Hersheypark and Dorney Park.