New Price eBay. Has the frame to add good mass. Jordan Viars - OF (Phillies, 1st Base and Auto, 84/600) - The Texas prep lefty bat has a man's body at a young age and a pretty swing to go with it. International. Outside of the 1st Bowman prospects above, you will also get plenty of base and autos from non-1st Bowman prospects. A projectable Tier 2 player that has a low floor if he can't translate the tools and the high ceiling of a Tier 1 five-tool player if he does. With that in mind, I am somewhat discounting the prep catcher penalty. While he exclusively played Center field his past few years in college, his size will likely push him out to left field, putting more pressure on his hit tool, which is much more of a question mark than his prodigious power. Matheu Nelson - C (Reds, 1st Base and Auto, 35/57) - Nelson shot up draft boards in 2021 after a huge season at Florida State which led to his selection by the Reds in the Comp A round at 35th overall. Missing an effective third pitch. You will find all the major prospects in the 150-card set, including Futures Game MVP Brennen Davis, Jasson Dominguez, Bobby Witt Jr. and Adley Rutschman. Used exclusively in relief since his return from TJ and leans heavily on his fastball which sits mid to upper 90s. The biggest name among 1st Bowman badges in 2021 is Austin Martin. Total Cards: 150. Jose Torres - SS (Reds, 1st Base and Auto, 89/85) - Defense first college shortstop that has shown some hit tool growth and sneaky pop, but essentially is an average offensive tool set at the moment. Merrill had a growth spurt as a prep Senior that led to the increased punch with the bat and drew much more interest, landing him an underslot deal with the Padres at the end of the 1st round. Stats. Slider flashes as a swing and miss pitch in the mid-80s. . At 6'7", there is some general concern about tall pitchers, but at the moment Painter doesn't seem to exhibit many of those issues. He was previously a low 90's fastball that is reportedly getting up to the mid-90s and features 3 different secondaries. Coming from the Texas prep ranks, the potential five-tool shortstop should be able to stick at the position. 21 overall prospect (down six spots from Murphy's previous ranking of No. His command looked to be an issue as he regularly missed his spots in the videos I watched. Wander Franco - Tampa Bay Rays, SS. Another righty prep arm that makes sense to start in Tier None until further notice. More Prospects News. While he spins the fastball, it's not as effective as one would think, and his tall, lanky frame (6'5") has mechanical/delivery concerns. An easy Tier None slot unless there are significant developmental improvements. Bat speed galore from the left-handed side and plus power will be his calling card. Jackson Jobe - RHP (Tigers, 1st Base and Auto, 3/5) - The best prep pitcher in the draft and likely in the product given that Jack Leiter has been held out for 2022 Bowman. A bullpen floor, but I think we also have a good likelihood that he ends up as that backend starter the Padres probably drafted him for. Next up is a low to mid 80's sweeping slider with above-average spin and horizontal break which also generates a fair amount of whiffs. Mostly leans on a plus low to mid 90's fastball with arm-side run and rise coupled with a plus sweeping slider. He'll also throw a changeup occasionally. Struck out a lot at the Complex as his long levers that give him that power at 6'3" were taken advantage of. Kyle Manzardo - 1B (Rays, 1st Base and Auto, 63/97) - Plus hitter lacking enough in-game power limited to a position that really values it with first base. Never going to steal bases is probably the biggest negative. Hopefully, Painter doesn't snatch the ball away from me at the last moment and make me regret putting him up this high. Slider is the out pitch. Bowman Chrome Baseball Cards! . Finally, real life baseball value, fantasy baseball value, and hobby value arent always the same. The third-rounder out of NC State has a good floor but not really a high ceiling with the most likely outcome of a utility player that can play a majority of the positions on the diamond. Bowman Draft Picks & Prospect Die-Cuts: NEW! On the plus side, he has strong plate skills in that he rarely strikes out and regularly puts up high OBP marks. Eric Silva - RHP (Giants, 1st Base only, 115/162) - Giants took the Kyle Harrison approach again with taking a prep arm and paying him overslot money - in Silva's case, a million dollars over slot. An inconsistent backend starter type with command and control issues that lead to bullpen risk is going to end up in Tier None almost every time. At the moment, high floor low ceiling defense-first player is what you're looking at and that will almost always be Tier None. FOR SALE! Sometimes the statline and the fact that he just regularly bangs the ball all over the field speaks louder than tool grades. Does 2021 Bowman Draft live up to those expectations? May end up in a corner outfield spot putting more pressure on the bat, but also sticking in center field is a likely possibility. He also has a developing changeup that has been tagged as above average at the moment but with potential for more. He tended to mostly throw this to his arm side and was inconsistent with location from what I saw. When I watch video of him, I see a professional baseball player all around. Average to above average tools across the board but no standout carrying tool. Given his frame, I would be surprised if he sticks at first base - he has DH written all over him and the Dan Vogelbach/Rowdy Tellez comps are likely going to be a regular occurrence. His fastball sits mid-90s but will lose velocity pretty quickly during his outings. Seemed easy for hitters to pick up and put the bat on the ball, even if it wasn't always successful. A low 90's fastball plays up because of that and it occasionally will show some arm-side run as well. Jacob Steinmetz - RHP (Diamondbacks, 1st Base and Auto, 77/134) - Steinmetz is a tall (6'5") prep right-hander out of the New York area that I couldn't find many looks of and has barely more than 1 inning of pro ball pitched so far down at the complex. Switch hitter that looks good from both sides but better from the right with a plus player approach. Jackson Merrill - SS (Padres, 1st Base only, 27/69) - Off the top with Merrill, be aware that his photo on his card is not him, and is speculated that it is Isaac Frye, a showcase teammate at some point previously (thanks Topps). Matt Mikulski - LHP (Giants, 1st Base and Auto, 50/51) - The lefty arm from Fordham took a huge leap from undrafted in 2020 to be the Giants second rounder in 2021. He throws a mid-90s four-seamer with a cutter that sometimes looks like a slider, a curveball, and a changeup. Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects Baseball Sports Trading Cards, 20 Size MLB Posters, 20 Size MLB Banners, 20 Size MLB Signs, 20 Size . Bowman 1st Edition teased the hobby with a limited release one month ago but now collectors can finally dive into a full checklist of top prospects. Each pack contains (5) base cards, (3) Paper Prospect cards and (2) Chrome Prospect cards. A high leverage reliever with mid-rotation upside depending on how the secondaries develop with an absolutely lights out fastball gets into my Tier 3 based on upside. I think I saw one changeup that missed completely. Lacking any further info, I am going to stick him in Tier None and make a point to get more looks at him in 2022 to see if there is a reason he didn't make it into the Prospects Live top 600 draft prospects pre-draft but was taken in the 4th round by the Diamondbacks besides getting a savings of almost $200K. Couple that with a first-round draft pedigree, and he gets the bump into Tier 2. Dominic Hamel - RHP (Mets, 1st Base and Auto, 81/193) - Mets 3rd round right-hander out of Dallas Baptist has the analytical data on his pitches to backup being a potential mid-rotation starter. Granted that is a small percentile outcome which is why I will have Carson in my Tier Two for now, but he's near the top of my list of guys I want to see more of. A back-end starter profile with the potential to get into that SP3 type role because Yankees have been a strong pitching dev org. At worst, a high leverage bullpen floor, and at best, a mid-rotation starter with potentially more if the stars align. Lite Exclusive RayWave Refractor Parallel. He has all the tools to stick at shortstop which gives him a nice floor. The fastball/curveball metrics are plus and Prospects Live MLB Draft Director Joe Doyle has comped him in the mold of Justin Verlander. I like this profile a lot for the hobby and I'm going to go with my gut and put him at the bottom half of Tier 2 even though my head tells me he is more of a top of Tier 3 player with the lack of walks and strikeout tendency. He racks up a ton of strikeouts with that slider and it is a thing of beauty to watch. The fastball doesnt get as many swings and misses as you would hope given the velocity. He'll also throw an average slider and changeup, but I rarely saw it in the starts I watched. Changeup wasn't great and he has trouble commanding it in the looks I had. Has the arm and glove to be able to stick at third base. Peter Heubeck - RHP (Dodgers, 1st Base only, 101/50) - Project and upside arm that lands in an ideal org for it. Relief risk and the need to further hone his third pitch, a curveball, would generally slot Bednar into Tier 3 without that draft status. Needs to add in the command and control that most prep arms lack, including Kudrna, and you can project a mid-rotation starter. He will likely get double-digit steals even with a shorter, stouter build. Elmer Rodriguez-Cruz - RHP (Red Sox, 1st Base only, 105/426) - The prep right-hander out of Puerto Rico is a gangly 6'4" featuring a low to mid 90's fastball with a curveball with good spin as his main secondary pitch. 15) and has him as the second-best defensive end behind only Texas Tech's Tyree Wilson. A raw, prep right-hander that likely adds more weight, wasn't exactly hitting his spots regularly, and with plenty of development required to really have a good idea of what he will be is going to land in Tier None quite regularly. Gap power is probably geared towards putting up home runs in the teens range. Sold out for pull-side power in the Circuit season which lead to swing and miss concerns, but righted the ship during the spring prep season where I saw him deposit the ball over the fence to centerfield and some opposite-field shots as well. I have broken down these 1st prospects into four tiers based on a combination of my perception of hobby interest and my own personal long-term hobby outlook. Free shipping for many products! The jury is out on Moller there, but if I was placing bets, I would guess he does stay there. Cade Povich - LHP (Twins, 1st Base and Auto, 98/537) - Not sure how many times we will hear the joke that Maury is not his father, but I am here for all of them. High-floor low ceiling backend starting pitchers are an easy slot into Tier None which is where I have Marceaux. With his experience and excellent performance in 2021, we don't see any signs of slowing down. As he learns how to pitch with an exclusive focus on the mound, I can see Gray jumping up the lists and Tiers, but for now, I will slot him into the top of Tier None. He is a front-end starter if he does. His command needs a fair amount of work, but he lived all around the edges of the zone even when he was missing which is promising. 2021 Bowman - Chrome Prospects. A high floor for the smaller statured pitcher, but not a high ceiling either. Robo umps may make that less of a concern. From there you can also add a Card to your collection or wishlist. Will have to see more velocity and his secondaries get to the next level before he gets considered for Tier 3. Martin is the lone representative in MLB Pipeline's Top 100 prospects among the 2021 1st Bowman baseball cards. Prep catcher penalty plus hit tool concerns leads me to placing Moller in the middle of Tier 3. Daylen Lile - OF (Nationals, 1st Base only, 47/29) - The ability to field all outfield spots in a pinch, but mostly profiles as a left fielder with underwhelming arm strength. An athletic and muscular frame that shines in the exit velocity and xwOBA metrics along with expected Hobby interest gives him consideration for Tier One. It looked decent and he threw a lot of strikes, but I didn't see anything special that would push him out of the Tier None conversation for now. Mason Miller - RHP (Athletics, 1st Base and Auto, 97/218) - Third times the charm for the Athletics 3rd rounder out of Gardner-Webb as this was his third pass through the MLB draft. For the moment, he is a Tier None player until his hit and/or power tools start to carry him further - I might be the low man on Wilson, but ideally I would like to see him turning his raw power into more frequent game power. . With the inherent risk of prep righty profiles, he goes into the bucket of similar profiles in Tier None with a firm "watch list" designation. 2021 Bowman is a 100-card set, supplemented by a 150-card Prospects set, tentatively scheduled for release April 28th. The new Lite configurations in 2021 for previous products have had exclusive Black & White Mini Diamond refractors, so this will be the first time we see a RayWave refractor. Draft. Add to Wishlist Release Date: 4/28/21 UPC: 887521097494 FREE Shipping Available* If Brown had landed in a strong pitching development organization like Cleveland or the Dodgers, I would feel like he should be slotted towards the top of Tier 3 with some thoughts about Tier 2. He's a switch hitter and the video from the Complex is already promising with what the Mariners are doing. Has plus power with a really pretty right handed swing when he gets a hold of one. Mid-90s fastball with three secondaries all average to above average in a slider, curveball, and changeup. Gavin Williams - RHP (Guardians, 1st Base and Auto, 23/14) - Fourth-year senior pitchers always start as a Tier None player and have to battle a strong current for me to move them up the Tiers. More than likely a table setting second division regular outcome. Would like to see if that is a consistent thing and perhaps an adjustment can be made or if that was just the short video I saw. The 19-year-old has quickly . His best secondary is a slider, which is where he does get the swing and miss and it plays well off of his steady diet of upper quadrant fastballs. Inconsistency with his command and control and missing a third pitch are going to be his main developmental needs. As an example, imagine if you were a big believer in Mike Trout before he took his first professional at-bat. The situation is this: the 2021 Bowman's Best Baseball base set has its usual mix of veterans and rookies. Mid-rotation starter ceiling, but definite bullpen risk with his older prep arm that was command challenged. Big time deceptive delivery from the left side with a big arm swing. Being a right handed bat, that creates short side platoon concerns. But the most often cited comp for Solometo is one that is easy to see and one I am quite familiar with in Madison Bumgarner. Will Bednar - RHP (Giants, 1st Base and Auto, 14/16) - The Giants 1st rounder and the younger brother of Pirates reliever David Bednar has two plus pitches with a mid-90s fastball and a hard, sweeping slider. Bubba Chandler - RHP/SS (Pirates, 1st Base and Auto, 72/182) - The prep two-sport star was signed to a huge overslot deal to take him away from his Clemson football commitment as a star prep quarterback. At his best, he is probably more of a hit-over-power second baseman or center fielder with plus speed and a strong on-base approach. At the moment he may not have a profile as an everyday regular in some people's eyes, but I can easily see it. Right now, I can easily see a future high leverage bullpen arm or an SP4. On the plus side, Mozzicato has one of the best curveballs in the draft with an easy delivery and an athletic projectability. Micah Ottenbreit - RHP (Phillies, 1st Base and Auto, 114/155) - Lanky prep right-hander standing 6'4" that looks like a back-end starter that will need a lot of development work to get there. (1:12 Hobby Packs) Chrome Draft Pick Autographs Parallels - Max /99. He can throw them all for strikes and mixes pitches well. Easy Tier None choice for me. Top 100. The 2021 Bowman Draft set will offer several autographs for collectors. They wont replace the true color refractors for value in the long term but may have helium in the short term due to the newness. His low to mid-90's fastball is average but he can command it up in the zone nicely and it pairs well with his sweeping slurve style plus breaking ball. Features a mid 90s fastball and a 12-6 knuckle curve. As I always say, prospects are the most volatile and highest risk/reward part of the hobby. Watching a start of his in Low A and it was swing and miss after swing and miss on his fastball. Fastball is mid-90's topping out at 98 with some noticeable run on occasion. Not a ton of in-game power at the moment for the lefty prep out of Tennessee, but he can take it deep with authority in BP. I seriously went back and forth here on which side of the fence to put Zavala because I like the offensive profile quite a bit. Low to mid 90s fastball that reportedly has started to top out in the upper 90s with a changeup, slider, and curveball that he throws with varying degrees of success for his secondaries. The Definitive Guide to First Bowman Cards When it comes to the most sought after cards for today's baseball stars, not much beats the Topps Flagship rookie card. Lots of raw stuff with big spin to get excited about lead by a mid-90's fastball and a swing and miss slider when he has it working. Izaac Pacheco - SS/3B (Tigers, 1st Base and Auto, 39/45) - The prep shortstop out of Texas was an overslot 2nd round draft pick of the Tigers and given his size and profile is highly likely to bump out to third base long term even though he played exclusively at shortstop in his Complex league season. With added mass and MLB-driven development to sprinkle in some patience and more pop, you can easily imagine an above-average offensive player to pair with that plus defensive profile. Sal Frelick - OF (Brewers, 1st Base and Auto, 15/10) - The Brewers 1st rounder out of Boston College has a really high floor given the strength of his plus hit tool, double plus speed, and strong plate skills. Retail formats are never really announced, but Topps has not done retail for Bowman Draft in recent memory, if ever. 2019 Bowman Draft Chrome ADLEY RUTSCHMAN 1st RC Prospect PSA 10 GEM MINT KF1; 2019 Bowman Draft Chrome ADLEY RUTSCHMAN 1st RC Prospect PSA 10 GEM MINT KF1 Sold by sports.connection | Ends on 2023-03-07 02:20:43 . Follow our 2023 NFL Combine tracker, top performers, participants, live results and commentary. I am going with the bottom of Tier 3 for him but would caution anyone interested here to be very aware of the downside. 2023 Top 200 Draft Prospects 2023 Top 100 College Prospects . That has me putting him in Tier None, but I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking that he is more of a Tier 3 pitcher giving the physical projection, strikeout gains, and Cleveland secret sauce. 2021 Top 600 2022 Top 600 Prospect Lists. Not the classic center field profile, but could stick there or may bump out to left field. T.J. White - 1B/OF (Nationals, 1st Base and Auto, 143/399) - The South Carolina prep outfielder has a nice athletic frame with a muscular lower half that generates plus power but plenty of swing and miss. Jordan Lawlar - SS (Diamondbacks, 1st Base and Auto, 6/2) - The 6th overall pick in the draft had been at play for the top overall pick for quite some time. Has an average changeup for his third pitch, but doesn't have much faith to throw it regularly. He starts with an open-face stance and seemed to really sell out for power with a very unbalanced finish. It is the gold standard and what I am going to focus on as the main attraction. Decent approach, decent hit tool, could show some power, but nothing really to get excited about. 2019 Wander Franco Bowman Draft 30th Anniversary RC #WF. He doesn't profile as ever having more than average power. At present, he is average to above average across the board, but he is by no means a finished product. I remember catching some of those early game highlights and seeing either a lot of out of the zone misses or getting hit hard when in the zone. It does have some promise with above-average horizontal break and vertical approach numbers and it comes from a 3/4 arm slot from a dude standing 6'7". He was a more than competent shortstop in college, but for now, that isn't in the cards. 1948 Bowman 1949 Bowman 1950 Bowman 1951 Bowman Has a low 90s fastball that can get up to 95 in-game, but mostly lives in the 90 to 93 range. Like Rutschman, Torkelson was also a number 1 draft pick. An easy Tier 2 call for me given the power potential, but the hit tool will drive whether he should have been a Tier 1 call or not. With the hit tool being the only real plus in his arsenal, it relegates him to Tier 3 for the moment. He apparently will throw an inconsistent changeup infrequently as his third pitch, but I never saw it in the video I watched. A lot of the concern was with how he underperformed the first half of the year as he struggled with his command, but he closed strong which helped bring his stock back up. For now, a backend rotation role is the most likely outcome, but physically their is potential for a solid mid-rotation arm. I don't project Murphy being anything other than a reliever long term and he really needs to get at least a second reliable pitch to keep major league hitters from sitting on his heater. Low 90's fastball needs to add some velocity and a lot of command, but has some nice arm-side horizontal break. If he can be a 20/20 guy, then he suddenly jumps into Tier 3 if not Tier 2 depending on how well he can keep up his average. Hits his spots all day long in the video I watched which is what drives the high floor evaluation. Landon Marceaux - RHP (Angels, 1st Base and Auto, 80/136) - Angels 3rd round right-hander out of LSU is a classic backend SP profile. Trying not to be too optimistic here, but I am going to go out on a limb and I am guessing not many others will be on it with me and put Viars in Tier 2. Cutter is likely his best pitch. He continued to pad his career stats in 2021 hitting .260, with a .234 ISOP, and a 28.3% K rate as a 21-year-old in Triple-A. Calvin Ziegler - RHP (Mets, 1st Base and Auto, 46/180) - Mets 2nd round righty prep arm originally from Canada but pitched in the Florida prep ranks before the draft. Combine all of this with his high draft stock and it's an easy Tier 2 call making him my top pitcher in the product. I like his compact swing and how he can get it to through the zone for plus pull-side power. I really liked the looks I had and was tempted to push him up to Tier 3, but will let caution get the better part of valor here. Projectable frame with strong command, minus the injury, he would be in consideration for the top of Tier Two as a potential frontline SP. For those who havent, check out my blurb on it in my 2021 Bowman Baseball preview here. My concern is that House could easily end up a sub-.250 hitter even if he does end up with 30+ bombs regularly, and that isn't in the elite category in today's game, let alone perennial all-star. Current Bid: USD 3.00 . NR stands for Not Ranked in our Top 600. He has a notorious hitch in his swing and regularly is mentioned in the same breath as Hunter Pence. Drew Gray - LHP (Cubs, 1st Base and Auto, 93/149) - Cubs third-round pick out of the prep factory IMG Academy who was a two-player there. Tier 2 - Bats that may lack in a certain area such as top-end power, three true outcomes players, maybe great real life/fantasy players, but not hobby-elite, or tantalizing raw talents. Ryan Holgate - OF (Cardinals, 1st Base and Auto, 70/76) - Ryan Holgate's home runs are majestic and the only question is really how much we will see of them. And yet, he's managed to work himself all the way to Triple-A. The Yankees fourth-round selection out of Louisville is a good all-around player, but doesn't have any standout tools. I saw him struggle a lot with pitches up in the zone. Saw quite a few Florida preps swinging and missing at both his fastball as well as the slider. He also wont steal many bases. Chase Petty - RHP (Twins, 1st Base and Auto, 26/22) - While Jobe is the best prep pitcher in the draft, Chase Petty may be the most electric. Other than building innings, there isn't much more he can do unless the Yankees can squeeze some more fastball velocity out of his arm. When he did get it put where the catcher wanted it, he did seem to get a fair amount of swing and misses. A lot of the strikeouts I saw were of the called strike variety rather than the more desirable swing and miss variety. The Invicta insert is another new one that tries to portray a high-end, classy feel, but looks boring and is a miss for me. Without the power behind that profile, he's easily in Tier None until further development. A typical catcher's frame at 5'11" and 210 pounds, it's not a slam dunk but he should be able to stick behind the plate. Donta Williams - OF (Orioles, 1st Base only, 106/333) - The Orioles underslot fourth-round pick out of the University of Arizona projects to a second division outfielder or strong side platoon as a lefty bat. He's fleeter afoot than the typical catcher, as evidenced in his 16/16 season in 103 games across two levels. Very athletic at 6'2" 190 with room to fill out. The big draw here is the fact that this represents some of the. The right-hander was a starter in college with a mid-90's fastball that can top out close to 99 and three secondaries with the slider being the best of them followed by a curveball. There is likely above average pop when he gets to the big leagues while hitting for a decent average, but has the classic left-hander approach where they prefer the ball down and struggle with pitches up in the zone. Jordan McCants - SS (Marlins, 1st Base and Auto, 88/152) - Marlins 3rd selection out of the Florida prep ranks is a double plus runner and not much else. Given his top 10 draft pedigree and being a top 10 player in our Data Driven Top 500, I feel comfortable slotting Ford into my Tier 2. Perhaps he works his way into a high leverage role and generates some value, but it's hard to get excited about a relief-only profile with no elite traits. 'I'm a catcher:' Rose stands out at MLB DREAM Series.