Perfect for your next .308/.243/6.5 Creedmoor Rear Charging AR-10 build. I just bought a fully assembled upper from a guy who builds guns locally. I would double check this. Charging Handles Combos. Look for the shiny spots in the upper caused by the bolt carrier. Check the charging handle / channel, bcg / chamber if anything goofy. It will chamber a round alright, but takes a great amount of force to pull it back manually. I believe my recoil spring is binding inside the bold carrier when I pull the charging handle all the way to the rear. If you have a standard stock, you can remove the upper buttplate screw and insert a small rod and tap the carrier forward. The BCG is stuck pretty far back in the buffer tube. SALE PRICE: $137.75. LANTAC E-BCG Nickel Boron Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group EBCG (2) Sale. May 7, 2017. Yes. But somehow I failed to notice the buildup on the backside of the bolt. http://www.bushmaster.com/anatomy_bushmaster.asp. Now that your bolt is back so far, is it now stuck in the buffer? At most, I shot three three-shot groups in two minutes. No AR15 build is complete without a high-grade Nickel Boron bolt carrier group - BCG . Recently bought a house and it had a bomb shelter in it. No wonder it is locking up. Blitzkrieg Components 9mm Hydraulic Buffer, Hahn Precision Pistol Cartridge Buffer 9mm Buffer, CMMG 9mm Heavy Buffer90CA9B4 - Length 0.000", Weight 5.3 Ounces, Yankee Hill Machine 9mm BufferYHM-925-A - Length 3.600", Weight 5.9 Ounces, Spikes Tactical ST-9X 9mm Buffer SLA009X - Length 3.700", Weight - 8.5 Ounces (No longer produced), Heavy Buffers 9Q Buffer - Length 0.000, Weight 8.5 Ounces (No longer published but much longer than the Colt 9mm buffer), Heavy Buffers 9QT Buffer - Length 0.000, Weight 12 Ounces (For SBR's and Full Auto) (See Above), New Frontier Armory 9mm Buffer - Length 0.000, Weight 8.0 Ounces, New Frontier Armory 9mm Buffer - Length 0.000, Weight 10.0 Ounces, VLTOR A5 H4 Heavy Buffer - Length 3.995, Weight 6.83 Ounces. Free Account glitch cars Please share with your friends . You might want to pick up a cheap DS arms BCG just to have on hand. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Bet-your-life dependability is a non-negotiable prerequisite. All AR-15 platform rifles have a Bolt Carrier that disassembles the same way.AR-15 Tools \u0026 Cleaning kits: https://amzn.to/3rzvOQdLearn to quickly and easily break down the bolt carrier and remove the extractor for cleaning.Firearms Legal Protection available for as little as $9.95/mo! When you put the upper from the problem upper on the non-problem lower, does the BCG from the problem rifle bind in the buffer of the non-problem rifle? Installed the safe door with 4 guys lifting it up as it weighs 500 pounds. Put your pins back in and smack the buttstock on the ground. Only $ 149.99. Now that the kinks seem to be worked out, I'm hoping to test the reliability of this nickel boron bolt to see if it really runs dirty as all the manufacturers claim. Quote. TFB Review: Sharps Xtreme Performance Bolt Carrier Group. The bolt carrier group is the heart of any AR10/AR15/M4/M16 type rifle, carbine or AR pistol. This full auto carrier is heat treated and precision machined. Sale Price: $139.95 . JoeBob dun saved you $10.00! I've had the same situation happen to me once before and it turned out that the round had a slight bulge around it's base. There might still be a problem with the problem rifle's lower receiver extension (a.k.a. Pushed on it and heard it click. This energy and velocity combined with the over travel condition of the bolt cause premature failure of the 9MM AR Bolt Catch. A similar incident happened at the range last week and the guy had some debris stuck in the locking lugs. If the upper had been used/fired before and they used steel cased ammo . The method is pretty much specific to the M16/AR-15 platform, as most other semi or full auto military rifles have a steel bolt handle attached to the operating rod that can be beat open with a stick of wood, or kicked open with a combat boot heel. AR15 5.56 / .223 Nitrided BCG Complete Bolt Carrier Group. 6.5 Grendel Bolt Carrier Group . , the company's American branch. aren't particularly expensive and are generally between $50 and $100 for a complete LPK inclusive of fire control . Was able to unstick the bolt carrier and the other good news is no round in the chamber. /r/ar15 is here for your favorite black gun links, build pics, questions and other tactical or practical information. I'd have a close look at the chamber face. Do a function check. Bash on the forward assist? As far as I know this only applies to 9MM AR rifles, SBRs, carbines and pistols who use a 9MM specific AR bolt catch. (another big mistake) and the bolt and carrier is now stuck in the upper receiver. If it's nw some of the treatments of metal can be a bit less than desirable which is normally remedied with running a little wet (not dripping but WET) and running a few magazines through it. LANTAC 223/5.56 E-BCG Full Auto Style Bolt Carrier Group - Nickel Boron. If you do that, remve the end plate slowly so the spring and detent for the take down pin doesn't come flying out. (Ok, i admit, it was a CMMG bargain bin). Specifications: Brand: Bear Creek Arsenal. Did you see the FBMG Saiga 308 threads or the AGP threads holy lord. If you have another BCG I'd try it. Radian Weapons Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) $ 210.00 Read more; Radian Weapons Takedown Pins Kit - AR15 $ 32.95 - $ 54.95 Select options; Keep In Touch. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I didn't have any issues with the bolt/bullet sticking and didn't have to practice my mortaring technique. Do this a couple times and it should free your BCG up. ATTN: Here is the link to a new higher quality and more informative video I made showing this technique and explaining what I think causes it, and how to kee. "After attempting this a few times I called another guy at the range over and we pulled from two ends of the gun, me from the barrel and him from the charging handle.". View More. Like really difficult? The standard bolt carrier group consists of a bolt carrier, bolt, firing pin, gas key, cam pin, and firing retaining pin. You must log in or register to reply here. Sale. Shop Faxon Firearms 5.56/300BLK M16 Bolt Carrier Group | 17% Off Customer Rated on 11 Reviews for Faxon Firearms 5.56/300BLK M16 Bolt Carrier Group On Sale + Free Shipping over $49. That would meen that chamber has never seen a steel case . While I think a well broken in AR probably doesn't need as much lube as I put on it, you may be stretching the limits there OP. Faxon 5.56/300 BLK Gunner Light Weight Bolt Carrier Group Nitride M16 Bolt Carrier Group AR15 BCG. Shop CMC Triggers Enhanced AR Bolt Carrier Group | Up to 10% Off 4.3 Star Rating on 6 Reviews for CMC Triggers Enhanced AR Bolt Carrier Group Best Rated + Free Shipping over $49. Toggle menu. K. ken4570tc in WY Gunny Sergeant. One new winner* is announced every week! I can pull the entire bolt carrier group back into the tube but it will seize. A thorough cleaning followed by the liberal application of lube is in order. Get rid of fancy BCG sand use a standard one. IMHO simplest answer is your BCG is that nickel boron type and could possible be on the thick/over finished side and if that's coupled with a bolt that's a hair on the overcut sized=lock up in my opinion. It sort of worked. That bolt is encrusted and the chamber is filthy. Next. Keeping the gun pointed in a safe direction-preferably muzzle up, hold the gun by the handguard and the charging handle. View Details Aero Precision AR-15 PRO Series Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) - Black Nitride . Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. As others stated, give it a good cleaning and lube well to include lugs and barrel extension. edit: I also tried bashing on a cleaning rod, but because it can push back into the buffer tube, it's hard to get a good bash. Once again look at the chart below and compare the Colt and RRA buffers to the other manufacturers listed. According to my brother, our Vietnam veteran, "mortaring" was unofficially adopted during fire fights when someone was shooting at you and your life was on the line. Is this a complete lower (hammer, trigger installed)? 16" 5.56 / .223 1x7 GOVERNMENT 4150 CrMoV MELONITE NITRIDE BARREL - MID-LENGTH GAS. The cause could be the result of one or more of the following: Excess accumulation of dirt or fouling in and around the bolt and . Rating: 93%. I'm assuming the problem is the BCG, but I don't get why it works on my nice ar but not on the cheapo ar. Use common sense. When I manually pull the carrier all the way back (past the trigger "friction"), it sounds a . #mortartechnique #ar15charginghandlestuck #stuckcharginghandle0:00 Thumbnail Intro0:06 My 1st hand experience with this type of malfunction0:45 re-creating the malfunction with an empty shell casing1:32 How to fix your ar-15 malfunction using the mortaring technique2:08 problem solved! Those vids are insane. So there's a direct relationship between the buffer and the bolt. 4 (100%) "Mortar" it. My AR's are wet inside. ? Hey All, New to the AK world so please excuse the lack of knowledge. "Tap" your magazine to be sure it is properly seated. I run 'em wet (not stupid wet) anyhow. The Whisper was first based on the little .221 Fireball cartridge cas. 20 BA 6ARC barrel, 16 SLR Handguard (mlok), Odin Works 6ARC BCG, TriggerTech AR-15 Trigger. I removed the casing and re-assembled. Reason Two The blow back nature of the 9MM AR recoil system provides the 9MM bolt with some serious energy and velocity. here is the album of photos, let me know if there are any others i should include: http://imgur.com/gallery/ezQxC. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. This combo is a gen 2 right side charging upper and BCG (patent pending), it includes an AR15 bolt carrier group (BCG), a right side charging bolt handle, a threaded receiver plug, and the bear creek arsenal AR 15 right side charging upper . If done correctly it will not damage the rifle and is a much safer way to get a stubborn round out. Fortunately the solution and prevention are pretty easy. Its always nice to exclude thing as being the problem . Carrier Style: Standard. ARFCOM is full of answers, mine is just one consideration. bolt carrier group could lack enough force (generated by the expansion of the action spring) to feed, chamber, or lock the bolt . On my new rifle, I've been having an issue where the bolt carrier tends to get "stuck" or locks back. Try this-put it back together. PSA 5.56 Premium Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group with Logo - 8779 . You're currently reading page 1; Page 2; Page 3 . And when this happened to me it ruined my day of shooting and did know how to fix the issue until later when I got back from shooting and looked up solutions on the internet and it took me many searches to find this method so I figured I would pay it forward and upload a video of my own to help other ar15 owners in case they need to ever perform this technique and get their rifle back to working order. Use a quality recoil spring. 276-BCG15 | Bear Creek Arsenal. Don't think so. MAS DEFENSE 12.62" NERO M-LOK FREE FLOAT - BLACK. The Bolt Carrier Group (BCG) is an assembly made up of several individual parts that work in harmony to ensure your AR-pattern rifle functions properly. Compete against real players in the multiplayer racing. If your gonna let your gun get that dirty you must run it wet. This is odd. The bolt carrier group is responsible for the following 4 critical steps. It'll likely serve you well afterwards. The image below gives a nice breakdown of the parts in a typical BCG. Let me ask you a question. made via mim so some longevity issues may arise sometime in the future. In your post i noticed you said you pulled the barrel and someone else pulled the charging handle. (I had my M&P15 do this occasionally when using steel case ammo I never could figure out what it was about the steel cased ammo that was causing the problem) Have you tried to manually run some rounds thru it with a full magizine to see if any get stuck? Press J to jump to the feed. Allowing the firing pin to strike the primer on the chambered round. . Sharps Xtreme Performance Bolt Carrier Group (Successor to the Relia-bolt) stag ambi charging handle faxon 14.5 midlength pencil barrel Geissele MK8 SLR Sentry 7 Gemtech Trek . I use mostly Mobil 1 though about anything is better than nothing. See if they are willing to fix it to make it right (don't know if he guarantees his work). The issue is the bolt won't move inside the BCG, and therefore won't go into battery . Well, when I had it apart earlier the buffer spring was staying in the buffer tube. In a quick powerful motion shove the rifle forward and hang on causing it to come to a sudden stop. The Blackout, dimensionally, is identical (for all intents and purposes) to the .300 Whisper, developed by J.D. When i work the bolt via the charging handle, the bolt will get stuck in the buffer tube. usmc to&e website; who makes solgw barrels. If the bolt carrier from the problem rifle works fine in the non-problem rifle, but the bolt carrier from the non-problem rifle binds in the problem rifle, we've eliminated the bolt carrier as the problem. 3. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Then push the rear take down pin and open the action as normal. Your first round will go bang but on ejecting, the casing won't be able to eject. The charging handle would not pull back to eject the live round in the chamber. The key moves this gas into the bolt carrier group; this unlocks the BCG and pushes . I would never let any of my ARs look like that. What you are going to have to do is "mortar" it. Are you sure it's the bolt binding, and it's not bound on the gas tube? Prior to the introduction of the plastic-tipped buffer the carrier group would ricochet off the back of the receiver extension, which would increase residual carrier KE and make it more likely to bounce during counter-recoil. How the bolt carrier group works In a normal AR-15 (note, not an AR-9) is when you fire a round, the gas will be redirected from the spent cartridge from the . It houses your firing pin and extractor, which are the key components that make your firearm fire and cycle correctly. Specs: Mil-spec Carpenter No. So I tried to lube it up but its still very rough and feels like there is a lot of friction going on. With both pins out, I can separate the halves about half an inch, but the rear takedown lug? This video will show you how to disassemble your Sig Sauer P320. Is it difficult to push the rear takedown pin in? When the bullet passes by the gas port , the bur shaves a little off the bullet and the gasses send it down the gas tube back into the BCG . Those pictures don't help. In stock QUICK ADD . You might not have noticed. Any way you could get a screwdiver in there and move it forward. The bolt carrier group is complete; before continuing lightly apply your oil/lube across the entire BCG but especially the contact . Take off the stock, loosen the castle nut, and unscrew the buffer tube. The BCG of this rifle is binding in the buffer tube every time I cock it (starts getting stuck around 1/2 - 2/3 of the way back) but when I put the upper from my nicer rifle on this lower, it doesn't bind so obliviously it isn't the buffer tube. By That's really dirty. Did you run polymer coated ammo by any chance? Right to Bear Arms and Supply proudly sells these core components from top-of-the-line brand names, including Anderson Manufacturing, Rock River Arms, Spike's Tactical and WMD Guns. I currently have the lower fully assembled, upper receiver, bolt carrier group, and charging handle. I was able to separate the upper from the lower. So far the drum stuff hasnt been that bad, course having Mike around to post updates & videos helped a ton. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. When you swap uppers, do you also swap bolt carriers? Open the actions of both rifles and show pictures of the uppers from the rear, the lowers from the top, and the bolt carrier groups, as well as the charging handles--photograph the components from the top, as well as side profiles. I like to see the BCG slide into battery and lock by it's own weight when released into the unistalled upper from anything more than a 45* muzzledown angle. I have had military rifles where the part of the forward assist that actually contacts the bolt breaks and locks the bolt forward. Put your pins back in and smack the buttstock on the ground. The quickest way to find problems with a weapon is to simply shoot it and shoot it a lot. Packaged Bolt Carrier Group Assembly w/ Logo . thanks for your reply. The 9MM AR platform requires some specialized rifle parts to function reliably and prolong longevity of the hardware. Or did you ever take the BCG apart? I have never seen a carrier look like yours. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Well it sounds like the bolt is not wanting to rotate and unlock from the chamber. most likely the cheap amazon prime sights thats killing your gun. Could be a combination of tight tolerances and baked on carbon. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. Prime Premium AR15 Charging Handle $ 29.95 $ 19.95 SALE. October 18, 2019 1:01 pm Reply tangofoxtrot. When you took it apart, was the buffer spring staying in the buffer? Pros: Looks great; Cons: Out of tolerance/no QA; Best Used for: Door . Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. My experience is that when a bolt locks up, with nothing in the chamber, it's always been a popped primer/anvil in there, and they often fly out when you jack it open. Thanks for the replies.