(1-8-2014), Darrell Waltrip opens Buick GMC: Darrell Waltrip Automotive opened its new $14 million, 28,000-square-foot Buick GMC showroom and service center on Thursday to add to the 30-acre auto campus along Highway 96 in Franklin, TN. While Nadeau admits his road has been up and down, he has had some successes recently both on and off the track. (Motorsports Unplugged)(5-5-2012), Darlington Raceway to honor Yarborough: With Cale Yarborough now having been inducted into the third class of the NASCAR's Hall of Fame, Darlington Raceway will celebrate and honor his achievements during the upcoming Sprint Cup Series Bojangles' Southern 500 race weekend on May 11-12. "We'd like to hear from Benny's fans who might be interested in contributing to the project." Vote for Your Favourite Race Car Drivers 1 Lewis Hamilton (British Formula One Driver and Winner of Seven World Drivers' Championship Titles) 36 11 Birthdate: January 7, 1985 Sun Sign: Capricorn Birthplace: Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England Or money can be sent via PayPal to: dicktricklememorial@yahoo.com. Trending pages Dale Earnhardt Tony Stewart Russell Phillips Jeff Gordon Kasey Kahne Bill Elliott Richard Petty Mark Martin All items (97) # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Other A Adam Petty Al Metz Alan Kulwicki B Benny Parsons On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. He also was a participant in the State Games after an All-Northwestern Conference season and a second-round appearance in the state playoffs. Founded in 1965, the NMPA Hall of Fame and museum is located on the grounds of nearby Darlington Raceway. "Scott is the master of racing dirt models and anytime you can team with someone of that caliber, you can rest assured it will have a great impact on your program. "Billy is a great guy who loves to race and who loves being around the sport," Davis said. I don't know how you keep a sponsor.' The Hall of Fame driver and current ESPN analyst will be wearing a firesuit with the original Miller Lite logo during the test. ARCAFest runs June 7-8 at the Milwaukee Mile. I'm not sure. He hung up his helmet at the end of last season, after an eight-year run in stock cars that fell well short of his open-wheel standard. He even competed in a racing series last year against drivers that remind him of his spitfire youth. The Pearson family statement also said: "He is able to walk slowly and his arm continues to get better with maneuverability. He won three Winston Cup titles (1981, 1982, 1985), the 1989 Daytona 500, 1992 Southern 500, and is the undisputed Memorial Day major race record holder, having won an unprecedented five Coca-Cola 600 titles. Wallace is going to test with the team at the Circuit of Americas in Austin, Texas to get acclimated to the car and the crew before arriving at Daytona International Speedway. Nicknamed the "Silver Fox" for his sly, quick moves on the track and his prematurely graying hair, ?Pearson is considered by some to be the greatest NASCAR driver of all time. The Drivers Walk of Fame, located in the sidewalks of Watkins Glen, honors the drivers who have competed in Watkins Glen events since the first race in 1948. We are proud of the fact that he still calls his native Timmonsville home and Darlington Raceway his hometown track." After making his NASCAR debut in Dale Earnhardt's #8 Xfinity Series ride at Martinsville in 1988, Wallace would go on to finish among the top-10 in the Xfinity Series standings in 10 of his 14 full seasons, including a runner-up finish in 1991. During a practice session at Richmond International Raceway, he crashed hard into the wall, driver's side first. The Cup rookie of the year in 1966, Hylton has spent the last several years of his career racing in the ARCA series. Part of what makes the town of Oxford so special to Allison is the fact he notched his first career Grand National victory at Oxford Plains Speedway in 1966. "I went this year to one of the greatest weekends in racing, the Chili Bowl," Nadeau said. Venezuelan Carlos Kauffmann took the Trofeo Pirelli victory. (JD Motorsports)(4-8-2014), Bud Moore recovering: NASCAR Hall of Famer Bud Moore suffered a mild heart attack over the weekend and is recovering in a hospital near his home in Spartanburg, S.C. "He had a procedure done and is doing fine. "Just Another Racer: The Randy Bethea Story" can be viewed for free on Youtube. A minimum of 65 percent of the total votes is necessary for a candidate to be eligible for induction. This is a list of all drivers who has ever competed in a NASCAR Cup/Monster Energy/Sprint Cup/Winston Cup/Grand National Series race. NOTE: do NOT have any email addresses Let's take a look at the 10 Richest NASCAR Drivers Of All Time 10 Dale Earnhardt Jr ($400 Million) Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a jaw-dropping net worth of $400 million. The tractor, driven by Fletcher, NC's Jack Donohue (ran five NASCAR Cup races in the 1970's), is the first to ever compete at an East Coast Timing Association (ECTA) sanctioned land speed record event. Deceased drivers[edit] (Tennessean)(1-5-2014), Bud Moore/Bobby Isaac #15 NASCAR Torino to be Auctioned: Gran Torino Sport fastbacks are liked by plenty of folks even though they were built during the twilight of the performance era. (1-28-2013), Randy Bethea featured in new documentary: Throughout the 1970s Tennessee racer Randy Bethea was a regular competitor in NASCAR's second tier series now known as the Nationwide Series. All statistics used in these tables are as of the end of the 2020 NASCAR GP Belgium (Race 4/10). The Waltrips started going to church together, and he said his life changed for the better. He finished second overall in the standings five separate times, including his first in 1990, and developed a reputation as the "best driver to never win a championship." Martin took part in 882 races over his 31-year Cup career, winning 40 and . Wallace still believes in NASCAR's popularity. Free shipping for many products! "Having Rusty Wallace on board to celebrate the original light beer and our rich tradition with NASCAR is something our fans are excited about. Jeff Gordon is on track to break that mark next month. He went on to form World Karting Endurance at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and has done some driver coaching, but never raced again in NASCAR. Jarrett, 17, played third base for the Hickory High (N.C.) Red Tornadoes for coach David Craft, and was a prep teammate of current 49er Tyler Barnette. "I've had people say, 'Man, you got Parkinson's Disease?' (National Speed Sport News)(6-21-2016), Mark Martin to drive the pace car before Coke 600: NASCAR legend Mark Martin made numerous memories while racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and the 2002 Coca-Cola 600 winner will make a triumphant return to the iconic 1.5-mile superspeedway on Sunday when - to commemorate being inducted into the 2017 class of the NASCAR Hall of Fame - Martin will drive the Toyota pace car prior to the green flag for the 57th running of the Coca-Cola 600. (RCR)(5-17-2012), Jimmy Spencer to retire, move back to PA: Jimmy Spencer, a former NASCAR driver and current television personality who goes by the nickname "Mr. "I'm grateful for the time that I had racing in this area. The car landed in Turn 2. But rather than go to the doctor he simply Super-Glued it closed. (NBC Sports)(4-14-2014), The decal ran by JD Motorsports cars (#01, #4, #87) at Darlingtonon April 11th to honor former NASCAR driver Billy Standridge, Sad News - Billy Standridge: former NASCAR driver Billy Standridge passed away of cancer at 1:30am/et on Saturday, April 12, 2014. I don't think NASCAR would get upset about that. So, I have two girls and that's really interesting." The 2015 edition of the world-renowned extreme sports competition will be held at Circuit of the Americas, home to the Formula One United States Grand Prix. The Batesville, Arkansas, native won four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points races at Charlotte Motor Speedway in a career that spanned from 1981 to 2013. His subject wasn't racing, religion, politics or anything of the sort. "It's like the worst hangover in your life," he said at the time. I just got beat up so bad before we started to use the HANS device and having the walls a little softer. Nadeau crashed driver's-side first into the outside wall between Turns 1 and 2 during a May 2, 2003, practice at Richmond. ", article "List of all NASCAR Drivers" is from Wikipedia, List of NASCAR drivers who have won in each of top three series, https://en.everybodywiki.com/index.php?title=List_of_all_NASCAR_Drivers&oldid=2213562. (2-13-2014) "Would it have happen anyway without the concussions that I went through? In that role, he currently appears on Fox Sports 1's NASCAR RaceDay and NASCAR Victory Lane shows. What may be the greatest version of them of all will be auctioned at Russo and Steele's Scottsdale event during January 15 - 19, 2014: the Bud Moore #15 Grand National stocker driven by Bobby Isaac. (Motorsports Hall of Fame)(1-25-2014) Elliott's induction will be held Sept. 4 at the Darlington (S.C.) Country Club. We have a great team, we have a lot of fun and really that's what it is. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2011, the leading vote-getter in his class. Homes will be priced from $350,000 to $500,000. Carl is a former professional stock car racing driver, best known for winning the 2007 NASCAR Busch Series championship. (Associated Press)(10-5-2013), Geoff Bodine inducted into Legends of the Glen: Popular race car driver Geoff Bodine was inducted into Legends of The Glen on Friday afternoon. "He put everything into that race team, and we ran full-schedule Busch (now Nationwide) racing out of that shop with just a few people and a lot of hard work. He had missed two races (Alabama and Long Beach, Calif.) prior to that surgery as well as the one in Sao Paulo, Brazil immediately after it. SunBelt paid Elliott, a NASCAR hall of famer, $4.2 million for the land. Martin, 57, is one of five drivers who will be inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame in 2017. The oldest driver to race in each of NASCAR's three highest divisions, Hylton was calling it a career after Friday night's race. The son of NASCAR Hall of Famer Buck Baker, the 6-foot-6 Baker was known as the "Gentle Giant" during his racing days. Others receiving votes but falling short of the required 65 percent necessary for induction were veteran crew chiefs Kirk Shelmerdine (61 percent), Buddy Parrott (59 percent) and Larry McReynolds (51 percent); and long-time Martinsville Speedway public relations director Dick Thompson (59 percent). Their short-term needs are difficult to meet. "In fact, I feel the best I've felt in a couple of years at least. When all is said and done after Iowa, the former Xfinity Series Rookie of the Year and three-time Most Popular Driver will leave behind a remarkable legacy of longevity and perseverance that is nearly unparalleled in the sport. "It is very positive and I feel good," Jarrett told NASCAR.com. But the . That same friendly style endeared him to fans when he worked on television after retiring. There's no need. (Richmond Times Dispatch)(11-11-2015), Larry Foyt gets married: former NASCAR driver and current president of AJ Foyt Racing,Larry Foyt married Kelly Curran this past Saturday afternoon at Houston Oaks Country Club in Hockley, TX. However, a cardiac catheterization procedure performed Monday revealed blockages in arteries where Foyt had several stents from past procedures, most recently in March, 2010. All statistics used in these tables are as of the end of the 2019 Icebreaker 150 (Race 3/16). As Waltrip prepares to broadcast his 15th Daytona 500 on FOX, he paused to reflect on the path that brought him to 84 wins, tied for fourth on the all-time list with fellow Hall of Fame member Bobby Allison and behind Hall of Famers Richard Petty and David Pearson, as well as future member of the club Jeff Gordon. A two-sport star at Hickory, Jarrett was a member of the varsity basketball team which finished as the state runners-up in the 3A classification. The remaining members of the class - Ole Bardahl, founder of the Bardahl Oil Company that has sponsored entries in a variety of motorsports; IMSA founder John Bishop; three-time American Motorcyclist Association grand national champion Ricky Graham; and NASCAR pioneer Marshall Teague - are dead. "As an 'Honorary Iowan', I couldn't be more proud of this great state, or of the racetrack we have in Newton, and I look forward to being here for as many Iowa Speedway events as possible." (Charlotte Observer)(12-23-2012), Foundation to honor Guthrie: Janet Guthrie will be honored at the 10th Women in the Winner's Circle Awards Celebration Dec. 7 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. NASCAR drivers travel at extremely high speeds, over 200 miles per hour. According to an article on RollCall.com, former NASCAR driver and now Fox Sports TV analyst Kyle Petty [also mentions Terry Labonte as a candidate] could be a candidate for U.S. Congress in 2014 in North Carolina. This years' event raised $220,000. Nadeau still suffers from depression. (Penske Racing)(8-22-2012), Rusty would like to see the schedule reduced: Rusty Wallace, recently selected to the NASCAR Hall of Famer, loves plenty of things about the sport. This year, drivers will race in 36 events as they've done since 2001. said Miller. The line is also a kind of metaphor for a life that is a mixture of frustration and joy, courageous acceptance and occasional regret. Jared Landers will team with late model dirt-race legend Scott Bloomquist, with both drivers competing for the Lucas Oil Late Model Championship in 2015. At the end of the 2020 season, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, and Clint Bowyer retired from the sport. The 2022 Daytona 500 is the first time he's missed it since 2001. (ESPN)(4-2-2012), Rusty Wallace returns to the track: Retired NASCAR driver and ESPN broadcaster Rusty Wallace, is scheduled to compete in the June 12th Howie Lettow Memorial 150 at The Milwaukee Mile. All statistics used in these tables are as of the end of the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 250 (Race 21/23). Records earned from 20092011 when the series was still called Racecar Euro Series (before NASCAR's acquisition of the series in 2012) will not be included to the statistics. UPDATE: Waltrip was released from the hospital Saturday [Feb 15]. "It scared the hell out of me, and I mean that literally. The depth of his dedication can be measured in what he went through to attend practices. Fans can purchase tickets, camping and race-day upgrades by calling 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or shopping online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com. This exhibit is supported by Chicagoland Speedway. Wallace may have most often competed in the Xfinity Series, but he also enjoyed a fruitful career in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as well, where he had 344 career starts, including three poles. But you can see the talent coming up and they don't hesitate to hand it to the old guy." Four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Gordon retired from fulltime competition at the end of the 2015 season with 93 race wins under his belt - third in the all-time list. 1 - Ty Dillon. This is a tribute to Wallace's 2013 induction into the NASCAR Hall of Fame. NASCAR Cup Series driver pages: Bios, statistics, race results videos, news, photo galleries, car, team, shop gear, date of birth, rookie year There are sponsor dollars generated by NASCAR. "I don't want that word associated with me. Geoff BurkeGetty Images After a three-championship, 49-victory, 18-season career, Tony Stewart. Sources close to the situation said the former driver/owner known as "The Last American Hero'' also needs a pacemaker, but the procedure can't be completed until the infection clears. But he stated numerous times that he rushed back, which was one of the few things he wishes he could go back and change. He had to either walk the several miles across steep ridges or else hitch-hike, hoping a kind soul would give him a lift to his family's old homeplace in a picturesque valley called Parsonsville. [More](5-23-2017), Bobby Allison inducted into Hampton Speed Lane Two of NASCAR's all-time racing greats were inducted into Hampton's (GA) Speed Lane on Thursday. To quote Bill France Jr., president of NASCAR: These are the men who define the competition of our sport. Fifteen-year-old J.J. Haley was fourth in the Braun Auto Chevrolet and Austin Wayne Self finished fifth in the AM Technical Solutions Ford. A spokeswoman for the four-time Indianapolis 500 winner said Friday that Foyt may stay in the hospital through the weekend. Wallace, who retired in 2005, had a career that included 55 NASCAR championship event victories, the 1989 NASCAR Winston Cup championship, the 1991 IROC Championship and the 1983 American Speed Association Championship. (ARCA Racing)(4-29-2015), Film To Be Made About Bobby Allison: Posse Films, LLC, the inspirational feature film production company that controls the rights to several historically significant and uplifting life stories, recently announced the making of a biopic about the larger-than-life NASCAR pioneer, and NASCAR Hall of Fame member, Bobby Allison. The previous quarter winners of the award this year were NASCAR spotter Chris Osborne, artist Jeanne Barnes and journalist Al Pearce. Martin, 57, will be inducted Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017. The "Hot Pink Party" was held at the Waldorf Astoria luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan. "I love NASCAR. Five of those victories came at Michigan International Speedway, once owned by Penske. Said Wallace, "I may be retired from driving, but that doesn't mean I don't have the itch to get back behind the wheel; I love to compete. He hasn't peeked in his rearview mirror much since. For a list of active NASCAR drivers, see List of NASCAR drivers. Johnson initially listed the house for $6 million and the price was dropped to just less than $5 million. References [ edit] "Historical Driver Database of NASCAR Cup Series Drivers 1949 - 2020". It's been good to me, it's made me a lot of money," Wallace said. See more info and how to order the book on my NASCAR Book News page. Richest NASCAR Drivers. "I'm doing a lot better; every day I'm doing a little bit more," Foyt said. I'm ready to get started. If a driver raced . He's got two more chemo treatments and then hopefully they can go to surgery, but he's hanging tough. Pat McCrory surprised NASCAR champion and North Carolina resident Jeff Gordon by awarding him with the Order of the Long Leaf Pine, the highest award the governor can bestow, according to a news release from the governor's office. "And I did that most of the time unless the weather was awful." AND: Two of the greatest names in racing soon will share the same address. Rudd competed in Cup racing for 32 years, with stints for team owners such as Childress, Rick Hendrick, Bud Moore Roberts and others. Johnson, 81, raised cattle on the farm, but said his health issues meant he could no longer take care of the property. "And I've go to tell you, those were people that liked me so you can imagine what people that didn't like me had to say about me." "NASCAR's Jason Leffler dead after dirt track crash", article "List of former NASCAR drivers" is from Wikipedia, List of NASCAR drivers who have won in each of top three series, 2013 Doncaster Rovers Belles L.F.C. 'Well, we don't own the hotel, we don't know when we check out. He realized his health was more important." Jimmie Johnson is retiring. Shore said she and her husband plan to make minor changes to Johnson's former home before moving in. When it didn't sell, Johnson decided to auction it. The 31-year-old driver who retired from racing professionally in 2017 turned up at 30-year-old ex-wife Laura Townley's home in Atlanta late Saturday armed with a hatchet, according to . His nine series wins and ten poles rank him among the top-40 all-time in both categories, while his 173 top-ten finishes mark the seventh-best all-time career total. Bobby was introduced to the crowd by Hampton Mayor Steve Hutchison, who spoke of some of Allison's many accomplishments in racing, including the 1983 Winston Cup Grand National Championship, 84 career victories and three Daytona 500 wins in 1978, 1982 and 1988. The overall Spirit Award for 2016 will be announced in January. (Associated Press)(4-27-2013) The best NASCAR drivers of all time 15. Just impossible," said Marlin, reached by phone. And the idea has some high-profile supporters. Not really, though. "(Newport News Daily Press) Retired NASCAR driver Tony Stewart is getting married, and the Stewart-Haas Racing team owner and his fiancee, NHRA Top Fuel driver Leah Pruett, announced their engagement on their. Kurt Busch has retired, Johnson is still mostly retired and Kevin Harvick has already announced that 2023 will be his last season behind the wheel of Cup car before he moves to the TV booth. But that there were hidden cameras inside the house, including in the master bedroom, bathroom and in the guest bedroom where Biffle's former mother-in-law stayed. (PR)(7-3-2013), Bill Elliott's son wins ARCA race: Seventeen-year-old Chase Elliott became the youngest superspeedway winner in ARCA Racing Series history Saturday, winning the Pocono ARCA 200 at Pocono Raceway. That color was green, and like the majority of up-and-coming drivers of that era Bethea didn't have enough green in his wallet to compete at his full potential.